FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   vegan diabetic diet? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/54707-vegan-diabetic-diet.html)

Nicolaas 22-02-2005 03:46 PM

vegan diabetic diet?

I have been a vegetarian for more than 20 years, I was recently diagnosed
with Type 2 diabetes. Anyone recommend a good diet plan?

Beach Runner 23-02-2005 02:40 AM

Nicolaas wrote:
> I have been a vegetarian for more than 20 years, I was recently diagnosed
> with Type 2 diabetes. Anyone recommend a good diet plan?

The same rules apply to someone that's not a diabetic. Look for high
fiber, low glycymic foods. Check blood regularly.

Steve 23-02-2005 02:13 PM

Nicolaas wrote:
> I have been a vegetarian for more than 20 years, I was recently diagnosed
> with Type 2 diabetes. Anyone recommend a good diet plan?

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

surferelf 25-02-2005 05:27 PM

In article <8tISd.239$7z6.31@lakeread04>, Nicolaas wrote:
> I have been a vegetarian for more than 20 years, I was recently diagnosed
> with Type 2 diabetes. Anyone recommend a good diet plan?

Defeating Diabetes by Tom Bernard & Brenda Davis

The Whole Foods Diabetic Cookbook by Stevenson, Cook, & Bertron

Vegan Menu for People with Diabetes by Nancy Berkoff