Beach Runner

Default Life Long Veg*n Children

How many of you have raised children as veg*ns. I've raised two. My step
son was an American Legion Pitcher, a state cup soccer player, and a
regional top 10 wrestler. A car wreck ended his athletics. It's been
hard for him to adjust to not being the best. That's another story.
He's 26. Interestingly, he was pushed weights and looked like a body
builder. He ate mostly fruit. He loved grapefruits.

Unfortunately, he was in a horrendous car wreck, the person next to him
died and he's never been the same. He still got a math scholarship to
college but hasn't learned to live in constant pain.

My son is 22, he played varsity soccer, and is finishing a degree at a
fine university and is going to law school. He's a fine distance runner
and pushes weights. He's now applying to law schools and wants to do be
a diplomat.

Neither have ever eaten meat. They survived.

Bob
Jerry Story

Beach Runner wrote:
> Neither have ever eaten meat. They survived.

In the interest of complete information it is necessary to ask the
following questions:

1. Did they ever eat animal-source food other than meat? I mean for
example, milk products, eggs (which some people don't count as meat),
fish (which some people don't count as meat).

2. Did they ever take supplements? Taking supplements would weaken the
evidence for the nutritional sufficiency of the diet.

Beach Runner

Jerry Story wrote:
> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>>Neither have ever eaten meat. They survived.

> In the interest of complete information it is necessary to ask the
> following questions:
>
> 1. Did they ever eat animal-source food other than meat? I mean for
> example, milk products, eggs (which some people don't count as meat),
> fish (which some people don't count as meat).

No fish. Rare pizza. No eggs. Generally no dairy for months at a time.
Pizza at schol or social occassions sometimes.

> 2. Did they ever take supplements? Taking supplements would weaken the
> evidence for the nutritional sufficiency of the diet.

Beach Runner

Jerry Story wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>>Neither have ever eaten meat. They survived.

> In the interest of complete information it is necessary to ask the
> following questions:
>
> 1. Did they ever eat animal-source food other than meat? I mean for
> example, milk products, eggs (which some people don't count as meat),
> fish (which some people don't count as meat).

They did have some pizza at school.

> 2. Did they ever take supplements? Taking supplements would weaken the
> evidence for the nutritional sufficiency of the diet.

No supplements of any kind, ever.
nemo

Beach Runner > wrote in message

> Jerry Story wrote:
>
> > Beach Runner wrote:
> >
> >>Neither have ever eaten meat. They survived.

> > In the interest of complete information it is necessary to ask the
> > following questions:
> >
> > 1. Did they ever eat animal-source food other than meat? I mean for
> > example, milk products, eggs (which some people don't count as meat),
> > fish (which some people don't count as meat).

> They did have some pizza at school.
>

> > 2. Did they ever take supplements? Taking supplements would weaken the
> > evidence for the nutritional sufficiency of the diet.
> >

> No supplements of any kind, ever.

And they're OK? Well done!

Your name's not Christine Phillips is it? She even used to have Vegan cats
that came running when she shouted "Pinky! Perky! Cucumber!" and waved the
cut end of one out the door! Happy daze!

Beach Runner

nemo wrote:
> Beach Runner > wrote in message
>

>>Jerry Story wrote:

>>>In the interest of complete information it is necessary to ask the
>>>following questions:
>>>
>>>1. Did they ever eat animal-source food other than meat? I mean for
>>>example, milk products, eggs (which some people don't count as meat),
>>>fish (which some people don't count as meat).

>>They did have some pizza at school.
>>

>>>2. Did they ever take supplements? Taking supplements would weaken the
>>>evidence for the nutritional sufficiency of the diet.
>>>

>>No supplements of any kind, ever.

> And they're OK? Well done!
>
> Your name's not Christine Phillips is it? She even used to have Vegan cats
> that came running when she shouted "Pinky! Perky! Cucumber!" and waved the
> cut end of one out the door! Happy daze!

No, I've learned on the internet your name is a dangerous thing.

But my cat is not vegan. But he loves absolutely loves squash and
cantaloupe.

nemo

Beach Runner > wrote in message

> nemo wrote:
> > Beach Runner > wrote in message

> >>They did have some pizza at school.

> >>No supplements of any kind, ever.

> > And they're OK? Well done!
> >
> > Your name's not Christine Phillips is it? She even used to have Vegan

cats
> > that came running when she shouted "Pinky! Perky! Cucumber!" and waved

the
> > cut end of one out the door! Happy daze!

> No, I've learned on the internet your name is a dangerous thing.

Only backwards! The real one is quite a floury name actually with greyhound
associations, as anyone who used to come to my Wednesday evening nosh-ups at
the Mandeer Restaurant donkeys' years ago will tell you!

Otherwise, it's the shark with the silly wicked smile that's the dangerous
one!

> But my cat is not vegan. But he loves absolutely loves squash and
> cantaloupe.

. . . and I'd dare say that her allegedly Vegan cats used to 'eat
out' now and again, leaving quite a few mouse and pigeon remains smelling
suspiciously of cucumber about the place! )

/\-/\
( °.°)

LIFE LONG DREAM COMES TRUE!!! paul[_3_] General Cooking 0 26-02-2012 04:19 PM
How long a shelf life do brownies have kathy Chocolate 6 25-10-2010 08:52 AM
Long life Dimitri General Cooking 3 31-08-2010 07:20 PM
The 10th Annual Schaller State Fair Ribbon Report - The Queen is Dead! Long live the Queen! - But Life Ain't Bad (Long) Melba's Jammin' Preserving 16 01-09-2005 06:33 PM
The 10th Annual Schaller State Fair Ribbon Report - The Queen is Dead! Long live the Queen! - But Life Ain't Bad (Long) Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 50 28-08-2005 02:07 AM