Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:09 PM
JohnH
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:59:23 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Scented Nectar wrote:

It's not "for" "vegans". It's for everyone. I just
know how "vegans" will respond to about 80% of the
statements.


I'm not 100% vegan yet.

You'll never be "vegan", because ethics has no meaning
to you.



I don't feel like taking that test.


Fear.



The quiz is open to one and all.


But you're not pestering one and all,
just me.

Because you're the only one being a chickenshit about it.



And the others are...where? Not taking the
test either as far as I can see. No one seems
to want to take the test.


People have taken the test.



Others did take the test when it was posted in
alt.food.vegan before.



So then you already have your test answers.


Not yours.

Do you have any reason to believe it would
turn out different results to do the test over?


There's a different cast of characters in
alt.food.vegan now.



You are the ONLY one who has demonstrated deep,
irrational fear over it.



You are hoping that by accusing me
of fear, that I will take the test just to
prove you wrong.


No, I know you'd never take the test in any
circumstance. The reason is fear.


Rudy, could you be so kind as to remove rec.boats from the list of
sites you're cross posting this thread to?

We'd appreciate it, for sure.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

  #47 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:09 PM
JohnH
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:59:23 GMT, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Scented Nectar wrote:

It's not "for" "vegans". It's for everyone. I just
know how "vegans" will respond to about 80% of the
statements.


I'm not 100% vegan yet.

You'll never be "vegan", because ethics has no meaning
to you.



I don't feel like taking that test.


Fear.



The quiz is open to one and all.


But you're not pestering one and all,
just me.

Because you're the only one being a chickenshit about it.



And the others are...where? Not taking the
test either as far as I can see. No one seems
to want to take the test.


People have taken the test.



Others did take the test when it was posted in
alt.food.vegan before.



So then you already have your test answers.


Not yours.

Do you have any reason to believe it would
turn out different results to do the test over?


There's a different cast of characters in
alt.food.vegan now.



You are the ONLY one who has demonstrated deep,
irrational fear over it.



You are hoping that by accusing me
of fear, that I will take the test just to
prove you wrong.


No, I know you'd never take the test in any
circumstance. The reason is fear.


Rudy, could you be so kind as to remove rec.boats from the list of
sites you're cross posting this thread to?

We'd appreciate it, for sure.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
  #48 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Rudy Canoza
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ron AGAIN showed he doesn't really want adult
engagement and wrote:

In article t,
Rudy Canoza wrote:


Ron wrote:


In article ,
Rudy Canoza wrote:



Ron wrote:



In article ,
"rick etter" wrote:




We already know what your mental illness has shown, queer-boy...

We'll ring a bell when we want you to respond, rick.

==================
Ah, yes, your tinker-bell syndrome. I don't think so, pansy-boy. Maybe
it
works for your HIV infected fudge packers, but it doesn't cut it here.


Drop the charade rick. You'll be a much nicer person once you come out
of the closet.

And AGAIN, we see Ronnie attempting to insult someone
by suggesting the person is homo.


Being *** or assuming one is *** isn't an insult.


You are using it as an insult. You cling to a bigoted
caricature of men who insult homos, and you
automatically assume that you can insult them by
suggesting they are themselves ***. It is powerful
evidence of your hatred of your own sexuality.



I live in a culture where we also have turned previously negative
comments and use them regularly, A friend calls me homo or fag and I
call her dyke.


You exhibit self-loathing, not curiosity.



I like it when you refer to me as homo and such.


Sure you do.

  #49 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Rudy Canoza
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ron AGAIN showed he doesn't really want adult
engagement and wrote:

In article t,
Rudy Canoza wrote:


Ron wrote:


In article ,
Rudy Canoza wrote:



Ron wrote:



In article ,
"rick etter" wrote:




We already know what your mental illness has shown, queer-boy...

We'll ring a bell when we want you to respond, rick.

==================
Ah, yes, your tinker-bell syndrome. I don't think so, pansy-boy. Maybe
it
works for your HIV infected fudge packers, but it doesn't cut it here.


Drop the charade rick. You'll be a much nicer person once you come out
of the closet.

And AGAIN, we see Ronnie attempting to insult someone
by suggesting the person is homo.


Being *** or assuming one is *** isn't an insult.


You are using it as an insult. You cling to a bigoted
caricature of men who insult homos, and you
automatically assume that you can insult them by
suggesting they are themselves ***. It is powerful
evidence of your hatred of your own sexuality.



I live in a culture where we also have turned previously negative
comments and use them regularly, A friend calls me homo or fag and I
call her dyke.


You exhibit self-loathing, not curiosity.



I like it when you refer to me as homo and such.


Sure you do.

  #50 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Ron
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In article et,
Rudy Canoza wrote:

Scented Nectar wrote:

You're lying. You have no intention of taking the quiz, because
you're afraid - deeply and irrationally afraid.



If around a hundred other veg*ns took the
test, I might want to see how I compare,
depending on my curiosity.


You're afraid. All your "reasons" are weak excuses.
You're just deeply afraid.



It's not fear.

It's fear: deep, irrational, paralyzing fear.



No.


Yes.

It's just a refusal to do something
I don't feel like doing.


Because you're afraid.


More manipulation. You do get an A for effort.


  #51 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Rudy Canoza
 
Posts: n/a
Default

uncurious Ron AGAIN showed he doesn't really want adult
engagement and wrote:
In article et,
Rudy Canoza wrote:


Scented Nectar wrote:


You're lying. You have no intention of taking the quiz, because
you're afraid - deeply and irrationally afraid.


If around a hundred other veg*ns took the
test, I might want to see how I compare,
depending on my curiosity.


You're afraid. All your "reasons" are weak excuses.
You're just deeply afraid.



It's not fear.

It's fear: deep, irrational, paralyzing fear.


No.


Yes.


It's just a refusal to do something
I don't feel like doing.


Because you're afraid.



More manipulation.


No manipulation, kid.
  #52 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Rudy Canoza
 
Posts: n/a
Default

uncurious Ron AGAIN showed he doesn't really want adult
engagement and wrote:
In article et,
Rudy Canoza wrote:


Scented Nectar wrote:


You're lying. You have no intention of taking the quiz, because
you're afraid - deeply and irrationally afraid.


If around a hundred other veg*ns took the
test, I might want to see how I compare,
depending on my curiosity.


You're afraid. All your "reasons" are weak excuses.
You're just deeply afraid.



It's not fear.

It's fear: deep, irrational, paralyzing fear.


No.


Yes.


It's just a refusal to do something
I don't feel like doing.


Because you're afraid.



More manipulation.


No manipulation, kid.
  #53 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We have all the time in the world.

You do. Your time is worth very little.



Little to you, a lot to me.


Little to everyone else. You have a low-skill,
low-wage job.


Who are you mixing me up with. My job is
good paying and satisfying. I won't tell you
anything further about it however, because
that crosses the boundries of what personal
topics I'm willing to discuss with strangers
on the internet.

I'm right: your refusal has nothing to do with my
failure to answer. Your demands to know the origin of
the test are specious.


I still note that you don't want to tell me.

Do a REAL search and find it for yourself.


Why? You already did. Why won't you just
answer?

If it does not gather statistics, then what's
it for?


Discussion, right here in usenet.


Discussion over how many are lefties,
or what the stats show on lefties? What's
the difference. It's numbers and
percentages that you want to discuss
and that's called statistics.

You said it would tell whether every
vegan was leftwing like you say.


No, I didn't say that at all.


Something like that. I think you claimed
80% were of a left persuasion.

What are you hiding about it's source,


Nothing. I'm just not letting you get away with your
bullshit excuse. You don't care about the source, and
we all know it.


Prove that. Reveal the source and watch
my reaction.



--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.



  #54 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We have all the time in the world.

You do. Your time is worth very little.



Little to you, a lot to me.


Little to everyone else. You have a low-skill,
low-wage job.


Who are you mixing me up with. My job is
good paying and satisfying. I won't tell you
anything further about it however, because
that crosses the boundries of what personal
topics I'm willing to discuss with strangers
on the internet.

I'm right: your refusal has nothing to do with my
failure to answer. Your demands to know the origin of
the test are specious.


I still note that you don't want to tell me.

Do a REAL search and find it for yourself.


Why? You already did. Why won't you just
answer?

If it does not gather statistics, then what's
it for?


Discussion, right here in usenet.


Discussion over how many are lefties,
or what the stats show on lefties? What's
the difference. It's numbers and
percentages that you want to discuss
and that's called statistics.

You said it would tell whether every
vegan was leftwing like you say.


No, I didn't say that at all.


Something like that. I think you claimed
80% were of a left persuasion.

What are you hiding about it's source,


Nothing. I'm just not letting you get away with your
bullshit excuse. You don't care about the source, and
we all know it.


Prove that. Reveal the source and watch
my reaction.



--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.



  #55 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

More manipulation.

No manipulation, kid.


Tons. I've never felt more coersion from
anyone on a newsgroup like this before.
You seem desparate for me to take the
test. It boggles.


--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.




  #56 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

More manipulation.

No manipulation, kid.


Tons. I've never felt more coersion from
anyone on a newsgroup like this before.
You seem desparate for me to take the
test. It boggles.


--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.


  #57 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Scented Nectar
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You are hoping that by accusing me
of fear, that I will take the test just to
prove you wrong.


No, I know you'd never take the test in any
circumstance. The reason is fear.


Just replying to get the xposting fixed

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.


  #58 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Rudy Canoza
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Scented Nectar wrote:
We have all the time in the world.

You do. Your time is worth very little.


Little to you, a lot to me.


Little to everyone else. You have a low-skill,
low-wage job.



Who are you mixing me up with.


With no one.

My job is good paying and satisfying.


If it really were, you'd have enough education to know
that you should write WELL paying. As to the level of
satisfaction...simpletons are easily contented.

I won't tell you
anything further about it however, because


of irrational fear.

that crosses the boundries of what personal
topics I'm willing to discuss with strangers
on the internet.


You could reveal myriad details of what you do without
compromising any meaningful privacy. You exhibit paranoia.

I've always been very open about what I do. I'm an
independent consultant in computer systems, doing
programming and database work; little to no hardware
expertise at all. I work mostly in the area of
distribution (supply chain) and manufacturing, but I've
had clients in insurance, agriculture, health care and
hospitality. I have a bachelor's degree in economics,
and I studied in a prestigious economics doctoral
program before the econometrics caused me to wash out.
I've lived abroad for a year or more on two separate
occasions. I was brought up in a theologically liberal
Protestant Christian denomination, and I place a high
value on a lot of the influence it provided, although I
now consider myself a low-key atheist.

Nothing in any of that, Skunky, is sufficient to allow
anyone to delve deeper into my personal affairs. There
is more personal identifying information about me
available on the internet than I wish were the case,
and some unscrupulous shitbags in usenet have had a lot
of fun with that, but so far only one has ever done
anything with it other than poke fun at me in usenet.
Anyway, the cat's out of the bag now as far as that
goes. I imagine the next time we move (shortly), I'll
go to the known sources and ensure that the replacement
information is never posted.

You COULD tell us things like your profession and
education, without revealing your employer or the
name(s) of school(s) attended, but you're too paranoid.



I'm right: your refusal has nothing to do with my
failure to answer. Your demands to know the origin of
the test are specious.



I still note that you don't want to tell me.


You don't really want to know. You're just playing a
silly game, and I won't play.



Do a REAL search and find it for yourself.



Why? You already did. Why won't you just
answer?


Because I think it's important for you to learn to do
things for yourself. You clearly have had too much
done for you over the course of your life, to the point
where you're 42 years old and asking for help on the
most elementary tasks.



If it does not gather statistics, then what's
it for?


Discussion, right here in usenet.



Discussion over how many are lefties,
or what the stats show on lefties?


Over my claim that "vegans" are all leftwing kooks.


You said it would tell whether every
vegan was leftwing like you say.


No, I didn't say that at all.



Something like that. I think you claimed
80% were of a left persuasion.


No, I claim they are ALL extreme left. I said I would
correctly predict their answers to about 80% of the
questions. With such a small quiz, it's easy to be off
by 10 to 20 percentage points, but it would average 80%
or so; that was my experience previously. With a
lengthier test, it would be much closer to 80% with
each individual respondent, not just the average.

The reason I can claim with such certainty that I can
predict the answers is BECAUSE "vegans" are all
leftwing idiots, and I know what the leftwing answers are.



What are you hiding about it's source,


Nothing. I'm just not letting you get away with your
bullshit excuse. You don't care about the source, and
we all know it.

  #59 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Rudy Canoza
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Scented Nectar wrote:
We have all the time in the world.

You do. Your time is worth very little.


Little to you, a lot to me.


Little to everyone else. You have a low-skill,
low-wage job.



Who are you mixing me up with.


With no one.

My job is good paying and satisfying.


If it really were, you'd have enough education to know
that you should write WELL paying. As to the level of
satisfaction...simpletons are easily contented.

I won't tell you
anything further about it however, because


of irrational fear.

that crosses the boundries of what personal
topics I'm willing to discuss with strangers
on the internet.


You could reveal myriad details of what you do without
compromising any meaningful privacy. You exhibit paranoia.

I've always been very open about what I do. I'm an
independent consultant in computer systems, doing
programming and database work; little to no hardware
expertise at all. I work mostly in the area of
distribution (supply chain) and manufacturing, but I've
had clients in insurance, agriculture, health care and
hospitality. I have a bachelor's degree in economics,
and I studied in a prestigious economics doctoral
program before the econometrics caused me to wash out.
I've lived abroad for a year or more on two separate
occasions. I was brought up in a theologically liberal
Protestant Christian denomination, and I place a high
value on a lot of the influence it provided, although I
now consider myself a low-key atheist.

Nothing in any of that, Skunky, is sufficient to allow
anyone to delve deeper into my personal affairs. There
is more personal identifying information about me
available on the internet than I wish were the case,
and some unscrupulous shitbags in usenet have had a lot
of fun with that, but so far only one has ever done
anything with it other than poke fun at me in usenet.
Anyway, the cat's out of the bag now as far as that
goes. I imagine the next time we move (shortly), I'll
go to the known sources and ensure that the replacement
information is never posted.

You COULD tell us things like your profession and
education, without revealing your employer or the
name(s) of school(s) attended, but you're too paranoid.



I'm right: your refusal has nothing to do with my
failure to answer. Your demands to know the origin of
the test are specious.



I still note that you don't want to tell me.


You don't really want to know. You're just playing a
silly game, and I won't play.



Do a REAL search and find it for yourself.



Why? You already did. Why won't you just
answer?


Because I think it's important for you to learn to do
things for yourself. You clearly have had too much
done for you over the course of your life, to the point
where you're 42 years old and asking for help on the
most elementary tasks.



If it does not gather statistics, then what's
it for?


Discussion, right here in usenet.



Discussion over how many are lefties,
or what the stats show on lefties?


Over my claim that "vegans" are all leftwing kooks.


You said it would tell whether every
vegan was leftwing like you say.


No, I didn't say that at all.



Something like that. I think you claimed
80% were of a left persuasion.


No, I claim they are ALL extreme left. I said I would
correctly predict their answers to about 80% of the
questions. With such a small quiz, it's easy to be off
by 10 to 20 percentage points, but it would average 80%
or so; that was my experience previously. With a
lengthier test, it would be much closer to 80% with
each individual respondent, not just the average.

The reason I can claim with such certainty that I can
predict the answers is BECAUSE "vegans" are all
leftwing idiots, and I know what the leftwing answers are.



What are you hiding about it's source,


Nothing. I'm just not letting you get away with your
bullshit excuse. You don't care about the source, and
we all know it.

  #60 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 29-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Rudy Canoza
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Scented Nectar wrote:

More manipulation.


No manipulation, kid.



Tons.


None. You won't take the quiz in any circumstance, and
I've identified the reason: irrational fear to the
point of paranoia.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excuses, excuses....... Bigbazza[_17_] General Cooking 4 01-03-2009 02:07 AM
skunky smell in honey apple wine MizzGail Winemaking 2 05-03-2007 03:18 PM
Skunky Shitbag: STOP removing the attributions in your messages Rudy Canoza Vegan 89 05-02-2005 11:07 PM
Dreck Dog-beater Nash and Skunky Nutcase have major comprehensiondisorders Rudy Canoza Vegan 3 30-01-2005 08:57 PM
Why is Skunky so afraid? Rudy Canoza Vegan 31 27-01-2005 03:15 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017