Old 08-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Rudy Canoza

Scented Nectar wrote:
No. You trolls

You mean, "you people who disagree with me."

No. There are people here who disagree
with me who I don't consider trolls. For
instance, Ron and myself have differing
diets. That doesn't make him a troll. He's
never insulted me for my diet, nor I him.

all have individual characteristics.

Unlike "vegans" and "vegan"-wannabes, who all have the
SAME blind-to-reality characteristic. Yes.

Vegans and wannabes are all individuals too.

Under the guise of helping you insult
like crazy. That's a troll.

How can I tell you that I disagree with your point of view

without
you
getting insulted?

Try leaving the insults out

Doesn't work. You equate "disagrees with Skanky" to
"insulting".

No. Insults = trolls.

"disagrees with Skanky" = "troll"

This is blindingly obvious.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Scented Nectar

You mean, "you people who disagree with me."

No. There are people here who disagree
with me who I don't consider trolls. For
instance, Ron and myself have differing
diets. That doesn't make him a troll. He's
never insulted me for my diet, nor I him.

He doesn't argue with you because he doesn't perceive any advantage in

it.

So what advantage does he get from arguing
with you, your wisdom?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Old 08-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Scented Nectar

"disagrees with Skanky" = "troll"

This is blindingly obvious.

Nope. The most correct phrasing of this is:
Insults Skunky or others = troll

Old 08-02-2005, 11:50 PM
Rudy Canoza

Skanky the Toronto whore/marginal wrote:
"disagrees with Skanky" = "troll"

This is blindingly obvious.

Nope.

Yep.

Old 09-02-2005, 05:25 AM
Ron

In article , "Dutch"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
In article , "Dutch"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
In article , "Dutch"
wrote:

"Scented Nectar" wrote

Your use of the word ****wit
shows you to be a mere troll.

And the use of the insult "troll" shows you to be...?

An accusation of trollness, when demonstrated
by the troll's insulting can be called a troll by
anyone.

Calling people names does not equal being a troll, if it did, calling

me
troll makes you one.

Considering Dutch has called me a troll....

Correct, and as I just said, "Calling people names does not equal being

troll.."

It's just a word, but it has had a specific meaning on usenet for years,

and
I find it annoying to see that the meaning of it is being lost to

newbies
who think it means the boogie-man. It's a losing battle though, the next
Wikipedia will no doubt reflect the new usage.

The "in" crowd.

The dumbing down of the language.

Wikipedia. Really?

Yes, the online encyclopedia.

Once again, your sources are questionable. Who is it again that reviews
editable entries from the general public into this encyclopedia to
ensure academic accuracy and some type of standard?

Old 09-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Dutch

"Ron" wrote
The dumbing down of the language.

Wikipedia. Really?

Yes, the online encyclopedia.

Once again, your sources are questionable. Who is it again that reviews
editable entries from the general public into this encyclopedia to
ensure academic accuracy and some type of standard?

Every publication of this sort has a review board that discuss changes to
the language before each new edition. It's a collaborative process. English
is an "open source" language. Sometimes words or meanings become broadly
accepted.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Rudy Canoza

Skanky wrote:
Calling people names does not equal being a troll, if it did,

calling
me a troll makes you one.

You're still a troll.

No, he just disagrees with you. You call anyone who disagrees with
your silly foodie religion a troll. It's an empty insult.

Old 10-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Ron

In article , "Dutch"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote
The dumbing down of the language.

Wikipedia. Really?

Yes, the online encyclopedia.

Once again, your sources are questionable. Who is it again that reviews
editable entries from the general public into this encyclopedia to
ensure academic accuracy and some type of standard?

Every publication of this sort has a review board that discuss changes to
the language before each new edition. It's a collaborative process. English
is an "open source" language. Sometimes words or meanings become broadly
accepted.

Yes, I noticed this about the sources that you've asked us to accept.
I've noted a degree of hypocrisy as well. You will, for example, make
requests or ask question for me to declare my credentials to speak on
addiction or anorexia, but you are free to write what you please. Where
you do occasionally use sources, they are questionable.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:48 AM
Dutch

"Ron" wrote in message
In article , "Dutch"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote
The dumbing down of the language.

Wikipedia. Really?

Yes, the online encyclopedia.

Once again, your sources are questionable. Who is it again that reviews
editable entries from the general public into this encyclopedia to
ensure academic accuracy and some type of standard?

Every publication of this sort has a review board that discuss changes to
the language before each new edition. It's a collaborative process.
English
is an "open source" language. Sometimes words or meanings become broadly
accepted.

Yes, I noticed this about the sources that you've asked us to accept.

I haven't asked you to accept anything. I said that this new generic meaning
of troll is becoming so common that it will probably soon be appearing in
print. If you feel it worthwhile to disagree with that opinion, then I
couldn't care less. If you feel you should deny the right of encyclopedia
and dictionary boards to make such assessments, fill yer boots.

I've noted a degree of hypocrisy as well. You will, for example, make
requests or ask question for me to declare my credentials to speak on
addiction or anorexia, but you are free to write what you please.

I asked for credentials on addiction or anorexia from you? How foolish of
me, you obviously have none.

Where
you do occasionally use sources, they are questionable.

You have preemptively declared all freely available information not
credible, that way you can more easily push your nonsensical ideas.

Old 10-02-2005, 05:02 AM
Ron

In article , "Dutch"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
In article , "Dutch"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote
[...]

A nice diversion, however, I think I was clear in making a distinction
between reputable sources and those that aren't. You consider what can
be googled to be reputable, I don't. You consider Wikipedia as a
reputable encyclopedia, I don't. Free and reputable are different.

I've noted a degree of hypocrisy as well. You will, for example, make
requests or ask question for me to declare my credentials to speak on
addiction or anorexia, but you are free to write what you please.

I asked for credentials on addiction or anorexia from you? How foolish of
me, you obviously have none.

I notice that you are declaring your credential to speak on these topics!