On 31 Jan 2005 09:06:39 -0800, the Gonad wrote:

>****wit David Harrison wrote:

>> >We don't agree. It is not an effective means of
>> >denying responsibility.

>> It proves that we're not responsible for things
>> that we're not responsible for.

>Empty tautology.
>
>It doesn't prove anything of the kind,

It proves it without question.

>****wit. Matheny clearly
>demonstrates that the "it would have happened without me" excuse falls
>apart.

He does not, and he could not.

>> >It doesn't hold up to basic
>> >philsophical scrutiny.

>> >It does deal with it, and very well.
>> >
>> >The claim that "it would happen without me" doesn't
>> >hold water.

>> >Yes. You contradicted yourself.

>> I would have been very

>You contradicted yourself, ****wit. You said you were a contributor to
>a process that leads to an outcome but then disclaimed any
>responsibility. That's absurd. You are responsible.

I would have been very surprised if you were capable
of understanding that a person can contribute to something,
without being responsible for whether or not it takes place.
You're just too stupid to understand things like that.

>> >You are responsible. Without you and all others like
>> >you, there would be no animals.

>This is key, ****wit. You have to view yourself as responsible for the
>deaths of whole animals.

No I don't, now that you mention it. For example: I do not and will not
view myself as responsible for the deaths of animals which I'm not
responsible for.

>> >You and all others who participate, no matter how
>> >"atomically", are responsible.

>> The group is responsible

>Groups cannot be responsible, only individuals. ALL the individuals in
>the group are responsible.

Few if any individuals in the group being discussed are responsible.

Scented Nectar wrote:

> > options
> > > were
> > >
> > > I'd have to break down and eat the meat,
> > > which I consider unhealthy

> > Yet you have no evidence to support that consideration.

> I have years and years of research

No you don't. You're lying.

and
> personal experience.

Personal anecdotes are not evidence.

You don't have to
> agree with me.

Why would anyone agree with you when you shamelessly lie?

> > but healthier
> > > than starving. That's a last resort to me.
> > > As long as veg food is available, that's
> > > what I'll choose. Even when shown low
> > > deaths meats, which are rare (no pun)
> > > enough to NOT be able to supply all
> > > meat eaters, I will still choose a veg
> > > food. Some veg foods are 0 death,

> > Name one and then prove it.

> The zuchhinis and other produce I receive
> each summer from friends with gardens.
> The wild blueberries I picked on a camping
> trip. The giant puffball mushroom that made
> a huge meal for us at my mother's place.
> The tomatoes and hot peppers from a
> coworker's garden. It goes on and on.

No it doesn't. All you've provided is a list of items you ASSUME
involve zero animal deaths with, again, zero evidence.

> > > but meats always have at least 1.

> > False. If I kill one deer, that's anywhere from 100-200 servings.

The
> > death toll per servng is then .005 to .01 animsls. Stop lying.

> Even if you only eat 1 serving the animal
> still has to die (unless it's an amputation).

Non-sequitur. Your use of the word "even" is incorrect because it is
inapplicable to the situation I described. Since you don't understand
logical fallacies, that's a goalpost move and a sloppy one.

> > > Anyway, it's just healthier to not eat
> > > meat.

> > Prove it.

> No.

Yes, this is a forum for discussion and debate. You made an absolute
claim and it's your responsibility to either support the claim or
retract it. Anything else is unethical behavior.

That's for each to decide on their own.

False, by the very words YOU typed, it is an absolute claim requiring
supporting evidence.

> I'm sure you can google stuff on both sides
> of the debate. I'm not trying to talk you into
> believing me, so I could care less about
> going to all the work to prove it.

So you freely admit you have no intention of supporting the claimsyou
present. Thanks for the clarification. In case you haven't figured it
out yet (you haven't, that would require more brain power than you
possess on your best days), when you present something as fact rather
than opinion, your only ethical alternative is to support the claim.
You have demonstrated a pathetic lack of ethics and integrity.

> Are you Rudy's new name?

No.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

snippage...

>> > Anyway, it's just healthier to not eat
>> > meat.

>> Prove it.

> No. That's for each to decide on their own.

================
LOL Then you lied, eh killer.

Thanks again for proving you have done zero real research, hypocrite...

> I'm sure you can google stuff on both sides
> of the debate. I'm not trying to talk you into
> believing me, so I could care less about
> going to all the work to prove it.
>

> Are you Rudy's new name?
>
> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

Rudy Canoza

Claire's fat crippled Uncle Douchebag wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:14:58 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
> Matheny said your wife was a good ride.
>
>>Claire's fat crippled Uncle Douchebag wrote:

>>>Ipse dixit and false. Show where Matheny's article links
>>>vegetarianism to the collateral deaths associated in crop
>>>production, and after you've done that show where his
>>>article concludes that the vegetarian is responsible for
>>>them.

>>His article doesn't explicitly do that. Based on my
>>extension of his mechanism, *I* did it.

> QEF, but you've failed to do so.

Ipse dixit, and false.

>>>I have read it,

>>You did not.

> I did,

You didn't, Dreck. You CAN'T read that kind of
material. You cut-and-pasted from the abstract, that's
all.

Did you hear Gaverick's and Belinda's bellies slapping
together?
Rudy Canoza

****wit David Harrison wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2005 09:06:39 -0800, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>

>>****wit David Harrison wrote:

>>> It proves that we're not responsible for things
>>>that we're not responsible for.

>>Empty tautology.
>>
>>It doesn't prove anything of the kind,

> It proves

Nothing, ****wit. You wrote an empty tautology that
proves nothing. Go look up 'tautology', you ****ing
drop-out.

>>****wit. Matheny clearly
>>demonstrates that the "it would have happened without me" excuse falls
>>apart.

> He does not, and he could not.

He did. He can, and he did.

>>> I would have been very

>>You contradicted yourself, ****wit. You said you were a contributor to
>>a process that leads to an outcome but then disclaimed any
>>responsibility. That's absurd. You are responsible.

> I would have been

You contradicted yourself, ****wit.

Contributors to an outcome are responsible for the
outcome. It's that simple, ****wit.

Yes, you do, ****wit. You are responsible.

>>> The group is responsible

>>Groups cannot be responsible, only individuals. ALL the individuals in
>>the group are responsible.

Scented Nectar

> > I have years and years of research
>
> No you don't. You're lying.

I'm not. I'm 42 and have been vegetarian
since I was 18. I have always had an
interest in nutrition and greedily absorbed
many books, medical news, and studies.
My personal repetoire of knowledge
is quite good.

> and
> > personal experience.

> Personal anecdotes are not evidence.

If it's my anecdote, it's evidence to me.
You're free to disagree of course.

> Why would anyone agree with you when you shamelessly lie?

No shame, no lie

>> No it doesn't. All you've provided is a list of items you ASSUME

> involve zero animal deaths with, again, zero evidence.

Why would I assume there IS animal deaths
in wild picked and small garden grown foods?

> > > Prove it.

> > No.

> Yes, this is a forum for discussion and debate. You made an absolute
> claim and it's your responsibility to either support the claim or
> retract it. Anything else is unethical behavior.

If I had known years ago, that I would be
debating this topic, then maybe I would
have kept records of sources. I didn't.
All I kept was my conclusions.

> That's for each to decide on their own.
>
> False, by the very words YOU typed, it is an absolute claim requiring
> supporting evidence.

Required of who? I don't have to. Just
like you don't have to believe or agree
with me.

> So you freely admit you have no intention of supporting the claimsyou
> present. Thanks for the clarification. In case you haven't figured it
> out yet (you haven't, that would require more brain power than you
> possess on your best days), when you present something as fact rather
> than opinion, your only ethical alternative is to support the claim.
> You have demonstrated a pathetic lack of ethics and integrity.

I don't care what you think of me, since you're
an insulting, assuming person.

> > Are you Rudy's new name?

> No.

You're very similar. Insults and statements
about 'absolute claims', etc.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

> >> Prove it.

> > No. That's for each to decide on their own.

> ================
> LOL Then you lied, eh killer.

No lie. I'm just saying to each their own.

> Thanks again for proving you have done zero real research,

hypocrite...

Research done, but sources and records not
kept. I only kept my conclusions.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

You invite the insults through your blatant lies and ignorance. YOU
made an absolute claim and are running from it. Your claim that you no
longer have the research, only the conclusions, leaves no doubt that
everything you say is horseshit.

Ron

In article >,
Jon > wrote:

> [...]
> >In article >,
> > Derek > wrote:

> >> I did imply this option and described it as our reasoning
> >> when writing, "Reasoning, then, is the ultimate force that
> >> motivates our will to act by resolving conflicts between
> >> our fears, desires and antecedent events quickly."

> >> It may be any one of a number of forces which carry
> >> "A capacity for affecting the mind or behavior"
> >> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=force
> >>
> >> Watching someone light up still provokes me to do the
> >> same, for example, so there's one external force to be
> >> considered. Antecedent events such as a long history
> >> of smoking could qualify as a valid weighting factor as
> >> well.

> >> After you stop, naturally, but a desire to start would
> >> depend on that antecedent event I mentioned above.
> >> Surely, if such an antecedent never existed, then the
> >> desire to smoke, such as it is, would never arise within
> >> me.

> >> The force to resist rests in ourselves as reasoning. It
> >> cannot come from anywhere else. "Reasoning, then,
> >> is the ultimate force that motivates our will to act by
> >> resolving conflicts between our fears, desires and
> >> antecedent events quickly."

> >> And that boundary is what I refer to as our reasoning. It's
> >> the loud voice of our reason that motivates us to put our
> >> desires to one side and do what we believe is right, rather
> >> than what would be expedient under the circumstances.
> >> Though these external pressures or forces act upon us in
> >> all directions and manifestations, it's our reasoning that
> >> resolves the conflicts associated with them that ultimately
> >> motivates our will to act. That being so, and because our
> >> capacity for reason exists, our will cannot be free to act
> >> outside of it, and that's why I conclude free will does not
> >> exist. Rather, I tend to think that we are slaves to our
> >> reason instead.

> >> I'm sorry, but I did mention;
> >>
> >> "Note that I've not posed a false dilemma; a third alternative
> >> not to act (dither) is included, and it's because this third
> >> alternative doesn't exist in the real World that I conclude
> >> we cannot have free will."
> >>
> >> Now, you may want to argue that since I've asserted
> >> that that third alternative to dither doesn't exist in the
> >> real World, I've posed a false dilemma, but that isn't
> >> the case in my scenario because I did include it. I even
> >> included a fourth;
> >>
> >> "I might act randomly and pick one object, but that
> >> indeterminate choice wouldn't be of my own making,
> >> so it wouldn't be accurate to assert that my free will
> >> was the originator of that unintentional choice."

> >> I'm sure you've used the expressions, "*force* of habit"
> >> and "will *power*" before now, Ron.

> >Actually, I use expressions like exercising will or control, or just
> >plain old habit.

> Nevertheless, are we agreed that forces, whatever their
> manifestation or unit, do exist and weigh upon us to act?

No. We are not. In your example, I was asking what was the external
force acting on any individual to light up a cigarette and smoke? And
what is the external force when one choose not to light up. Based on
your answer, you use the term force where I would use the term think,
know or believe.

For example, I believe based on the information at hand that smoking can
cause cancer. As I result I make choices. I exercise my ability to act
based on knowledge. You have redfined the process of what happens in the
presence of information as a "force".

> >I think I need some definition to understand your perspective of forces.

> For what end?

Mutual understanding. As a staring point for a dicussion, it's difficult
to have an open dialogue if we are choosing to use the language to
describe different phenomenon in different ways. It's difficult for me
to agree that X is a force if we have different meanings for the term
force. I consider force to be of the physical world and as a result of
this something that can be measured empirically.

> >For example, when I have smoked, I am not necessarily directing forces
> >or responding to them. I am controling or manipulating various part of
> >my body through energy. Smoking is a label, like most things, that we
> >use describe a series of actions and processes. The act of smoking is
> >actually a series of smaller actions that are conglomerated into label,
> >likely for efficiency and time management.
> >
> >When I have smoked, I am actually causing muscles to move, tendons to
> >reacts, bones to bend at joins, causing movement towards an object
> >grasping it, inhaling, exhaling, thinking, feeling, experiencing, etc.
> >and then the requisite internal "actions" or uses of energy that are
> >required to accomplish the task of "smoking".
> >
> >Learning a new task with a new label is difficult for this reason. The
> >smaller steps that must be learned and repeated become part of the
> >pattern and habit. Learning a new task usually feels awkward for this
> >reason. One must 'master' each of the segments or smaller actions to
> >achieve the larger action that is labeled "smoking".
> >
> >I think where we differ is that you are focused on "why" we do what we
> >do where my response above seems to be "how" we do what we do.

> Our ability to smoke, and the movement of our muscles
> and tendons while smoking aren't important to me while
> contemplating the existence of free will.

So you have disconnected our actions from our will to carry them out or
to inhibit them. It must be a powerful feeling to act only onto the
environment, a powerless feeling to act only in response to the
environment versus the ability to act on and in response to the
environment.

> >Maybe my corresponding question is how to detect those forces and how do
> >your respond to them.

> My desires and fears detect them, and my reasoning
> resolves any conflicts associated with them, which
> ultimately motivates my will to act.

Your response lend support to my thinking above. Your reasoning
(thoughts, beliefs, feelings) motives your actions. The "force" you feel
then is internal not external. My thoughts, while other may attempt to
measure them in external ways originate and reside within me. My writing
of this response is an external verification a process that exists
within me. My response is determined by two factors, that you responded
and invited a response and that I had the desire to state my thinking.

I didn't feel "forced" to respond to you. I took it as an invitation and
made a choice to respond. Further, how you and I are using the term
"force" can also be viewed or stated as a feeling or belief of
obligation. The knowledge of smoking required, or obliges that I quit. I
could state this a force, a result, a choice, or in any number of ways.
The language allows for sometime confusing results and difficulties in
communicating. It may well be that issue is not the existence or lack of
existence of free will, but in how each of uses the language that
creates differences -- a Tower of Babel.
Ron

In article >,
Derek > wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:42:13 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> >****wit David Harrison wrote:
> >> On 31 Jan 2005 09:06:39 -0800, Rudy Canoza wrote:

> [..]
> >>
> >> No I don't,

> >Yes, you do, ****wit. You are responsible.

> heh heh heh. You meatarians tickle me something silly.

The vegan makes the same logical error when they assume that they are
avoiding responsibility for animal pain, suffering and death.

The most significant cause of an animal's death is the person who
directly causes it. The vegan is an insignificant player in the equation.

A seal is killed for it's coat

the shared responsibility looks something like this:

50% The hunter
10% The personal interests of the hunter (family, occupation, etc.)
10% The consumer who wants the product
10% The stores that sell it and their market forces
10% The traders and those associated with the industry
10% The buyers and those associated with the industry

The numbers and percetanges can be juggled, but assume the vegan is the
significant cause is a logical fallacy.

Ron

In article >,
Derek > wrote:

> [...]

> >to inhibit them.

> No, I haven't done anything like that.
>
> >It must be a powerful feeling to act only onto the
> >environment, a powerless feeling to act only in response to the
> >environment versus the ability to act on and in response to the
> >environment.

> >> My desires and fears detect them, and my reasoning
> >> resolves any conflicts associated with them, which
> >> ultimately motivates my will to act.

> >Your response lend support to my thinking above. Your reasoning
> >(thoughts, beliefs, feelings) motives your actions. The "force" you feel
> >then is internal not external.

> Of course;
> "The force to resist rests in ourselves as reasoning. It
> cannot come from anywhere else. "Reasoning, then,
> is the ultimate force that motivates our will to act by
> resolving conflicts between our fears, desires and

I find this circular to a certain degree. The use of the term force to
describe force is redundant.

I would find the 'choice' or 'ability' "...to resist in ourselves...", a
more accurate reflection of what we are discussing.
Ron

In article >,
Derek > wrote:

> Yet you earlier implied that such forces do exist by
> applying an "external pressure", and that an "internal
> pressure" (which I referred to as our reason) also
> exists and marks a "boundary" when writing;
>
> "In one respect, the idea of Id, Ego and Superego can
> be utilized here. In that there is an external pressure
> and internal pressure and were they meet is the
> boundary between the two."

I was trying to use your language to describe the process, yet have in
terms of language that more resembled what I am saying.

My statements above can easily be written by converting the word
"pressure" to "influence" or "belief".

Perhaps it is "will" then that is need of a definition. I consider
"will" the ability of any organism to recognize a need to maintain
homeostasis and then to act in a means to achieve or disrupt it. Of
course, there is another school of thought and in philosophy where will
is linked to religion and exclusively the domain of humans. I consider
animals to have will in that it can "register" in some way that
something is absent or in abundance and then respond in the manner
consistent to an attempt to accomplishing homeostasis, equilibrium or
balance. The means that I consider "will" to be transmitted is internal
and at the very base level electrochemical -- beliefs, thoughts and
feelings being transmitted, created and recreated in that way. All life,
no matter how simple, can respond to and act towards the environment.
The common feature in all life is the electrochemical signature. At
least in carbon based life forms, as if others existed.

I can attribute my belief or the force externally or internally, or as a
combination as bidirectional.
Ron

In article >,
Derek > wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:40:46 -0500, Ron > wrote:
> >In article >, Derek
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Yet you earlier implied that such forces do exist by
> >> applying an "external pressure", and that an "internal
> >> pressure" (which I referred to as our reason) also
> >> exists and marks a "boundary" when writing;
> >>
> >> "In one respect, the idea of Id, Ego and Superego can
> >> be utilized here. In that there is an external pressure
> >> and internal pressure and were they meet is the
> >> boundary between the two."

> >I was trying to use your language to describe the process

> And while doing so you asserted that "external pressures"
> upon us exist.
>
> >, yet have in
> >terms of language that more resembled what I am saying.
> >
> >My statements above can easily be written by converting the word
> >"pressure" to "influence" or "belief".

> Or even "force", as I have.
>
> <unsnip>
> Pressu
> "A compelling or constraining influence, such as a moral
> *force*, on the mind or will.
>
> To *force*, as by overpowering influence or persuasion."
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pressure
>
> >Perhaps it is "will" then that is need of a definition.

> Will:
> "The mental faculty by which one deliberately chooses
> or decides upon a course of action"
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=will

Yes. You have a definition that can be considered consistent with words
that are found in the dictionary. However, humans act. So do other
animals and less advanced forms of life. A definition of will then, in
my view must be broad enough to encompass how other life is able to act
and respond in the environment.

A virus act and a human acts. We choose to believe that the virus simply
responds while we deliberate. If we both act, with and without
deliberation then I consider this as an indication of an underlying
process.

To be a little closer in the example, a lemur "choice" or "will" to eat
a piece of fruit requires very similar electrochemcial responses as does
my thinking, deliberation and choice to engage in the same activity. Of
course, having will would allow humans to keep the illusion that we are
superior to life rather than find a clear explanation for the creation
and expression of desire or will.

A lemur eats a piece of fruit because it is hungry. I eat a piece of
fruit because I am hungry. The choice to pick this piece of fruit versus
that one are both demonstrations of choice or will that me or the lemur
can exercise. Even if we state that hunger is a basic need and is only
genetic or instinctual when a lemur selects a piece of fruit at the
discrimination of other pieces of fruit, and I can and do the same
things, another process is at work.

The term will in and of itself is misleading in that will is a future
projection of "is" or "am". I will eat when hungry. As well, an animal
will eat when hungry. I think the religious perspective of Free Will is
still deeply entrenched in our culture.

> "The force to resist rests in ourselves as reasoning. It
> cannot come from anywhere else. "Reasoning, then,
> is the ultimate force that motivates our will to act by
> resolving conflicts between our fears, desires and
> antecedent events quickly."
>
> > I consider
> >"will" the ability of any organism to recognize a need to maintain
> >homeostasis and then to act in a means to achieve or disrupt it. Of
> >course, there is another school of thought and in philosophy where will
> >is linked to religion and exclusively the domain of humans. I consider
> >animals to have will in that it can "register" in some way that
> >something is absent or in abundance and then respond in the manner
> >consistent to an attempt to accomplishing homeostasis, equilibrium or
> >balance. The means that I consider "will" to be transmitted is internal
> >and at the very base level electrochemical -- beliefs, thoughts and
> >feelings being transmitted, created and recreated in that way. All life,
> >no matter how simple, can respond to and act towards the environment.
> >The common feature in all life is the electrochemical signature. At
> >least in carbon based life forms, as if others existed.
> >
> >I can attribute my belief or the force externally or internally, or as a
> >combination as bidirectional.

Scented Nectar

> You invite the insults through your blatant lies and ignorance. YOU
> made an absolute claim and are running from it. Your claim that you no
> longer have the research, only the conclusions, leaves no doubt that
> everything you say is horseshit.

Nonsense. You're fully responsible for your
insults. As to the rest, it's not horseshit.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Rudy Canoza

Derek wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:42:13 GMT, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
>
>>****wit David Harrison wrote:
>>
>>>On 31 Jan 2005 09:06:39 -0800, Rudy Canoza wrote:

> [..]

>>> No I don't,

>>Yes, you do, ****wit. You are responsible.

> heh heh heh. You meatarians

There is no such word.

In article >,

wrote:
> >****wit David Harrison wrote:
> >> On 31 Jan 2005 09:06:39 -0800, Rudy Canoza wrote:

> [..]

for the

> >> No I don't,

> >Yes, you do, ****wit. You are responsible.

> heh heh heh. You meatarians tickle me something silly.

The vegan makes the same logical error when they assume that=AD they are

avoiding responsibility for animal pain, suffering and death=AD.

The most significant cause of an animal's death is the perso=ADn who
directly causes it. The vegan is an insignificant player in =ADthe
equation.

A seal is killed for it's coat

the shared responsibility looks something like this:

50% The hunter
10% The personal interests of the hunter (family, occupati=ADon, etc.)

10% The consumer who wants the product
10% The stores that sell it and their market forces
10% The traders and those associated with the industry
10% The buyers and those associated with the industry

The numbers and percetanges can be juggled, but assume the v=ADegan is
the
significant cause is a logical fallacy.

You don't have the first ****ing clue what constitutes a logical
fallacy. Stop using words you don't understand.

> >>There is no such thing. There is complicity, or there
> >>isn't.

> > Then forced complicity

> There is no such thing.

Then lets call it forced participation.

Let's call you a clueless slut.

> > I presented 2, homesteading and death.
> > I forgot about getting a farmer to grow
> > veganic for one or more. Both homesteading
> > and hiring a farmer are not in most
> > people's budget,

> Claiming not to be able to afford to do the right thing
> does not exculpate you for doing the wrong thing.

Not having the money for something turns
that something into an impossibility
choice-wise.

Fallacy. Nobody said there was only one right and ethical
alternative. You could simply starve to death.

Scented Nectar

> Then lets call it forced participation.
>
> Let's call you a clueless slut.

Oooo, you don't like being wrong, do you?

> Not having the money for something turns
> that something into an impossibility
> choice-wise.
>
> Fallacy. Nobody said there was only one right and ethical
> alternative. You could simply starve to death.

Uh, yeah, that's a good choice (eyes rolling).
That's one of the stupidest things I've seen
you type.

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:42:15 -0500, Ron > wrote:

>In article >,
> Derek > wrote:

>> [..]

>> >Yes, you do, ****wit. You are responsible.

>> heh heh heh. You meatarians tickle me something silly.

>The vegan makes the same logical error when they assume that they are
>avoiding responsibility for animal pain, suffering and death.
>
>The most significant cause of an animal's death is the person who
>directly causes it. The vegan is an insignificant player in the equation.
>
>A seal is killed for it's coat
>
>the shared responsibility looks something like this:
>
>50% The hunter
>10% The personal interests of the hunter (family, occupation, etc.)
>10% The consumer who wants the product
>10% The stores that sell it and their market forces
>10% The traders and those associated with the industry
>10% The buyers and those associated with the industry
>
>The numbers and percetanges can be juggled, but assume the vegan is the
>significant cause is a logical fallacy.

Whatever is true of a vegan's responsibility for the deaths he
contributes to, is true for the meat consumer as well. Both do
contribute, regardless of whether or not we pretend they are
responsible. The consumers as a group are responsible, and
a person is responsible for joining the group, but as an individual
is not responsible if the deaths would have occurred even had
he/she never been born.

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:42:13 GMT, the Gonad lied:

>Mr Harrison wrote:
>
>> On 31 Jan 2005 09:06:39 -0800, the Gonad lied:

>>>****wit. Matheny clearly
>>>demonstrates that the "it would have happened without me" excuse falls
>>>apart.

>> He does not, and he could not.

>He did. He can, and he did.

Prove it.

Rudy Canoza

****wit David Harrison wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 08:42:15 -0500, Ron > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Derek > wrote:

> >> [..]

for the

> >> heh heh heh. You meatarians

There is no word 'meatarian'.

> >The vegan makes the same logical error when they assume that they

are
> >avoiding responsibility for animal pain, suffering and death.
> >
> >The most significant cause of an animal's death is the person who
> >directly causes it. The vegan is an insignificant player in the

equation.

> >A seal is killed for it's coat
> >
> >the shared responsibility looks something like this:
> >
> >50% The hunter
> >10% The personal interests of the hunter (family, occupation,

etc.)
> >10% The consumer who wants the product
> >10% The stores that sell it and their market forces
> >10% The traders and those associated with the industry
> >10% The buyers and those associated with the industry
> >
> >The numbers and percetanges can be juggled, but assume the vegan is

the
> >significant cause is a logical fallacy.

> Whatever is true of a vegan's responsibility for the deaths he
> contributes to, is true for the meat consumer as well. Both do
> contribute, regardless of whether or not we pretend they are
> responsible.

There is no pretense. BOTH are responsible for the deaths of the
animals that are killed in the course of producing the foods they eat.

rick etter

>> > No. That's for each to decide on their own.

>> ================
>> LOL Then you lied, eh killer.

> No lie. I'm just saying to each their own.

=-=====================
Then you above statement is a ly, killer. Man, you really are this stupid,
aren't you?

>> Thanks again for proving you have done zero real research,

> hypocrite...
>
> Research done, but sources and records not
> kept. I only kept my conclusions.

=====================
No, you had the conclusions, and did no research. You've proven that with
the idiocy you have spewed here, hypocrite...

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > I have years and years of research

>> No you don't. You're lying.

> I'm not. I'm 42 and have been vegetarian
> since I was 18. I have always had an
> interest in nutrition and greedily absorbed
> many books, medical news, and studies.
> My personal repetoire of knowledge
> is quite good.

=======================
LOL You haven't shown that, fool. All you've proven here is how totally
ignorant you are, and how dedicated to your religion you are.

>> and
>> > personal experience.

>> Personal anecdotes are not evidence.

> If it's my anecdote, it's evidence to me.
> You're free to disagree of course.
>
>> Why would anyone agree with you when you shamelessly lie?

> No shame, no lie

================
Lys are all you have prosted, killer.

>>> No it doesn't. All you've provided is a list of items you ASSUME

>> involve zero animal deaths with, again, zero evidence.

> Why would I assume there IS animal deaths
> in wild picked and small garden grown foods?

=======================
LOL Apples and oranges again, killer... Let's talk about *your* diet, eh
hypocrite?

>> > No.

>> Yes, this is a forum for discussion and debate. You made an absolute
>> claim and it's your responsibility to either support the claim or
>> retract it. Anything else is unethical behavior.

> If I had known years ago, that I would be
> debating this topic, then maybe I would
> have kept records of sources. I didn't.
> All I kept was my conclusions.

==================
Lys....

>> That's for each to decide on their own.
>>
>> False, by the very words YOU typed, it is an absolute claim requiring
>> supporting evidence.

> Required of who? I don't have to. Just
> like you don't have to believe or agree
> with me.
>
>> So you freely admit you have no intention of supporting the claimsyou
>> present. Thanks for the clarification. In case you haven't figured it
>> out yet (you haven't, that would require more brain power than you
>> possess on your best days), when you present something as fact rather
>> than opinion, your only ethical alternative is to support the claim.
>> You have demonstrated a pathetic lack of ethics and integrity.

> I don't care what you think of me, since you're
> an insulting, assuming person.
>
>> > Are you Rudy's new name?

>> No.

> You're very similar. Insults and statements
> about 'absolute claims', etc.

=====================
And you're still an ignorant dogmatic killer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.
> Irony, hypocrisy, ignorance and idiocy run amok...

Scented Nectar

> >> ================
> >> LOL Then you lied, eh killer.

> > No lie. I'm just saying to each their own.

> =-=====================
> Then you above statement is a ly, killer. Man, you really are this

stupid,
> aren't you?

Where's the lie? What is it?

> > Research done, but sources and records not
> > kept. I only kept my conclusions.

> =====================
> No, you had the conclusions, and did no research. You've proven that

with
> the idiocy you have spewed here, hypocrite...

You've come to the false conclusion that
I've done no research.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
news

>> > No lie. I'm just saying to each their own.

>> =-=====================
>> Then you above statement is a ly, killer. Man, you really are this

> stupid,
>> aren't you?

> Where's the lie? What is it?

=======================
One way or another you lied fool. Too bad you're too stupid to see it. You
made a categorical statement that "...it's just healthier to not eat
meat..."
You were called on it, and couldn't prove your idiocy. You then switched to
the "...I'm just saying to each their own..." So, your statement above was
a ly, or your tap dance was a ly. You decide, either way you're a proven
liar, hypocrite.

>> > Research done, but sources and records not
>> > kept. I only kept my conclusions.

>> =====================
>> No, you had the conclusions, and did no research. You've proven that

> with
>> the idiocy you have spewed here, hypocrite...

> You've come to the false conclusion that
> I've done no research.

==================
No, You have proven that you have done no research, fool.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.
> Irony, hypocrisy, ignorance and idiocy run amok...

Scented Nectar

> > I'm not. I'm 42 and have been vegetarian
> > since I was 18. I have always had an
> > interest in nutrition and greedily absorbed
> > many books, medical news, and studies.
> > My personal repetoire of knowledge
> > is quite good.

> =======================
> LOL You haven't shown that, fool. All you've proven here is how

totally
> ignorant you are, and how dedicated to your religion you are.

Religion? I'm an atheist. What does that
have to do with nutrition.

> >> involve zero animal deaths with, again, zero evidence.

> > Why would I assume there IS animal deaths
> > in wild picked and small garden grown foods?

> =======================
> LOL Apples and oranges again, killer... Let's talk about *your*

diet, eh
> hypocrite?

Where's the apples and oranges?

> =====================
> And you're still an ignorant dogmatic killer.

Yeah, sure, ok.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

> > Where's the lie? What is it?
> =======================
> One way or another you lied fool. Too bad you're too stupid to see

it. You
> made a categorical statement that "...it's just healthier to not eat
> meat..."
> You were called on it, and couldn't prove your idiocy. You then

switched to
> the "...I'm just saying to each their own..." So, your statement

above was
> a ly, or your tap dance was a ly. You decide, either way you're a

proven
> liar, hypocrite.

The belief that it's healthier to not eat
meat, can coexist just fine with the
belief of to each their own. If someone
other than me feels it's healthy to eat
meat, then that's their business even
though I think it's wrong and unethical.

> >> =====================
> >> No, you had the conclusions, and did no research. You've proven

that
> > with
> >> the idiocy you have spewed here, hypocrite...

All you've proven is that you're a cranky
troll.

> > You've come to the false conclusion that
> > I've done no research.

> ==================
> No, You have proven that you have done no research, fool.

I don't need to prove it to you, as long
as I know it. You're free to disagree
all you like.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > I'm not. I'm 42 and have been vegetarian
>> > since I was 18. I have always had an
>> > interest in nutrition and greedily absorbed
>> > many books, medical news, and studies.
>> > My personal repetoire of knowledge
>> > is quite good.

>> =======================
>> LOL You haven't shown that, fool. All you've proven here is how

> totally
>> ignorant you are, and how dedicated to your religion you are.

> Religion? I'm an atheist.

============================
No, you're an ignorant vegan wannabe killer, spewing the religious dogma of
the sect.

What does that
> have to do with nutrition.

==================
Exactly, veganism is not about nutrition!

>> > Why would I assume there IS animal deaths
>> > in wild picked and small garden grown foods?

>> =======================
>> LOL Apples and oranges again, killer... Let's talk about *your*

> diet, eh
>> hypocrite?

> Where's the apples and oranges?

================
LOL Comparing foods that you don't eat to some mythical foods, as usual,
killer!

>> =====================
>> And you're still an ignorant dogmatic killer.

> Yeah, sure, ok.

===============
Glad you agree, hypocrite.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > Where's the lie? What is it?

>> =======================
>> One way or another you lied fool. Too bad you're too stupid to see

> it. You
>> made a categorical statement that "...it's just healthier to not eat
>> meat..."
>> You were called on it, and couldn't prove your idiocy. You then

> switched to
>> the "...I'm just saying to each their own..." So, your statement

> above was
>> a ly, or your tap dance was a ly. You decide, either way you're a

> proven
>> liar, hypocrite.

> The belief that it's healthier to not eat
> meat, can coexist just fine with the
> belief of to each their own.

====================
No fool, that isn't what you said. You made a direct, categorical
statement. You got called on your ignorance and couldn't support it. So
you had to then change your tune to each their own. You lied either in the
first statement, or the second, killer.

If someone
> other than me feels it's healthy to eat
> meat, then that's their business even
> though I think it's wrong and unethical.

======================
LOL Too bad you don't think killing animals for conveninece and
entertainment to be unethical too, hypocrite. You really are just too
stupid, fool.

> that
>> > with

> All you've proven is that you're a cranky
> troll.

=================
And again you have proven that you don't even know the meaning of the word
fool.

>> > You've come to the false conclusion that
>> > I've done no research.

>> ==================
>> No, You have proven that you have done no research, fool.

> I don't need to prove it to you, as long
> as I know it. You're free to disagree
> all you like.
> ==========================

I don't have to, you have proven your lack of research, killer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> > Religion? I'm an atheist.
> ============================
> No, you're an ignorant vegan wannabe killer, spewing the religious

dogma of
> the sect.

Do I worship the Great Pumpkin? Do I get
to go to midnight seed planting rituals?

> What does that
> > have to do with nutrition.

> ==================
> Exactly, veganism is not about nutrition!

It is to me.

> > Where's the apples and oranges?

> ================
> LOL Comparing foods that you don't eat to some mythical foods, as

usual,
> killer!

There are lots of personal gardens that
grow 0 death foods all over North America
and probably other countries too. No myth.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > Religion? I'm an atheist.

>> ============================
>> No, you're an ignorant vegan wannabe killer, spewing the religious

> dogma of
>> the sect.

> Do I worship the Great Pumpkin? Do I get
> to go to midnight seed planting rituals?
>
>> What does that
>> > have to do with nutrition.

>> ==================
>> Exactly, veganism is not about nutrition!

> It is to me.

====================
Then again, you have no clue as to what a word means. No surprise there
though, is there, killer?

>> > Where's the apples and oranges?

>> ================
>> LOL Comparing foods that you don't eat to some mythical foods, as

> usual,
>> killer!

> There are lots of personal gardens that
> grow 0 death foods all over North America
> and probably other countries too. No myth.

====================
The myht is that *YOU* have anything to do with them fool. Apples and
oranges, hypocrite. Still afraid to compare *your* diet I see, killer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> > There are lots of personal gardens that
> > grow 0 death foods all over North America
> > and probably other countries too. No myth.

> ====================
> The myht is that *YOU* have anything to do with them fool. Apples and
> oranges, hypocrite. Still afraid to compare *your* diet I see,

killer.

And what are you suggesting that I
compare it to?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > There are lots of personal gardens that
>> > grow 0 death foods all over North America
>> > and probably other countries too. No myth.

>> ====================
>> The myht is that *YOU* have anything to do with them fool. Apples and
>> oranges, hypocrite. Still afraid to compare *your* diet I see,

> killer.
>

> And what are you suggesting that I
> compare it to?

=======================
LOL You've been told many times. Are you admitting you are too stupid to
remember the posts?

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

Rudy Canoza

Read the paper, ****wit.

Nonsense. You're fully responsible for your
insults.

I never said I wasn't. Why did you never learn to read?

As to the rest, it's not horseshit.

It is horseshit. You have willingly given conclusive proof that you
don't know how to do research.

Uh, yeah, that's a good choice (eyes rolling).
That's one of the stupidest things I've seen
you type.

There was nothing stupid about it. IF you believe it is wrong to kill
animals for human convenience and IF you can't alter your lifestyle to
avoid killing animals; then the only ethical alternative (by YOUR
ethics) is for you to die. It's called logic, you aren't qualified to
understand it.

Scented Nectar

> Uh, yeah, that's a good choice (eyes rolling).
> That's one of the stupidest things I've seen
> you type.
>
> There was nothing stupid about it. IF you believe it is wrong to kill
> animals for human convenience and IF you can't alter your lifestyle to
> avoid killing animals; then the only ethical alternative (by YOUR
> ethics) is for you to die. It's called logic, you aren't qualified to
> understand it.

It's not the only alternative according to my
ethics. What on earth is the matter with you?
I'm in a position of forced complicity regarding
cds. Therefore I am not responsible for them.
The farmer is. I am not willing to kill myself
in order to stop this situation. That would
be ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. Where's the
logic in that? You are Rudy, aren't you.
There can't be 2 people as stupid as you.

By the way, since you showed such
interest in the law the other day, it's
illegal in many places to try and talk
someone into suicide. And stupid.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

> Nonsense. You're fully responsible for your
> insults.
>
> I never said I wasn't. Why did you never learn to read?
>

> As to the rest, it's not horseshit.
>
> It is horseshit. You have willingly given conclusive proof that you
> don't know how to do research.

Alright Kandy, show the conclusive proof.
I'm assuming you did research? Where
is it?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

> > And what are you suggesting that I
> > compare it to?

> =======================
> LOL You've been told many times. Are you admitting you are too

stupid to
> remember the posts?

I only remember you wanting to compare it
to meals consisting of game only, and
nothing else. Not very realistic, I hope.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Rudy Canoza

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>Uh, yeah, that's a good choice (eyes rolling).
>>That's one of the stupidest things I've seen
>>you type.
>>
>>There was nothing stupid about it. IF you believe it is wrong to kill
>>animals for human convenience and IF you can't alter your lifestyle to
>>avoid killing animals; then the only ethical alternative (by YOUR
>>ethics) is for you to die. It's called logic, you aren't qualified to
>>understand it.

> It's not the only alternative according to my
> ethics.

Ethics is not simply a personal choice.

> What on earth is the matter with you?
> I'm in a position of forced complicity regarding
> cds.

You are not in any such position at all. You have
numerous ways to opt out. You just don't WANT to do them.

> Therefore I am not responsible for them.

You are. The chain of causation is clear and well
established. You don't WANT to be responsible for
them, just as immature people *never* want to consider
themselves responsible. It's too convenient always to
portray yourself as the pawn of powerful impersonal forces.

> The farmer is.

You are as well.

>I am not willing to kill myself
> in order to stop this situation. That would
> be ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. Where's the
> logic in that? You are Rudy, aren't you.

No. I'm Rudy.

> By the way, since you showed such
> interest in the law the other day, it's
> illegal in many places to try and talk
> someone into suicide.

I doubt that. I doubt you know anything more about the
law than laws about marijuana.