Scented Nectar

"Ron" > wrote in message
> In article t>,
> Rudy Canoza > wrote:

> > > Cds and/or ids are not controllable by
> > > the consumer of food.

> > Your participation in the markets for commercially
> > produced fruits and vegetables is FULLY controllable by
> > you. Stop lying.

> I'm holding a gun to her head. She has no choice. I am forcing her to

do
> that.

My hands are in the air and I'm typing with my chin.
Looks like I'm going to have to choose life via eating
rather than death due to boycotting. Sorry Rudy, I
know you were hoping I'd choose death, but get real.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> "Ron" > wrote in message
>> In article t>,
>> Rudy Canoza > wrote:

>> > Your participation in the markets for commercially
>> > produced fruits and vegetables is FULLY controllable by
>> > you. Stop lying.

>> I'm holding a gun to her head. She has no choice. I am forcing her to

> do
>> that.

> My hands are in the air and I'm typing with my chin.
> Looks like I'm going to have to choose life via eating
> rather than death due to boycotting. Sorry Rudy, I
> know you were hoping I'd choose death, but get real.

====================
Ah yes, jumping on yet another excuse to continue your killing, eh
hypocrite?

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.
> Irony, hypocrisy, stupidity and ignorance run amok....

Scented Nectar

> > We have different definitions of need.
> ===============
> No, you have selfish definitions of need. What the body 'needs' to

survive
> is fairly constant, killer. What you choose to eat if for your wants,
> conveninece and entertainment.

Health Ricky, you forgot that oh so optional health.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > We have different definitions of need.

>> ===============
>> No, you have selfish definitions of need. What the body 'needs' to

> survive
>> is fairly constant, killer. What you choose to eat if for your wants,
>> conveninece and entertainment.

> Health Ricky, you forgot that oh so optional health.

=======================
LOL Comprehension ans intellect are really two things you lack, aren't they
killer? What part of bodies 'need' do you figure health has effect? Man,
you really are just too stupid to play, hypocrite. Again, What the body
'needs' to survive is fairly constant, killer. What you choose to eat is
for your wants, conveninece and entertainment. Do try to keep your eyes
open some, fool.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.
> Irony, hypocrisy, stupidity and ignorance run amok....

Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote \

>> There are other options available, just not ones that require no

> effort on
>> your part. Your choices are predicated on ease, not a moral

> motivation.
>
> No, they are based on real life likelihood and possibility.

The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where food is
all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just way too
hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a lazy-mans
morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too difficult.

>> > A variety of foods are a need for a
>> > healthy life.

>> You make choices based on ease and desire for good health while

> animals'
>> basic right to life is treated as an incidental factor. Explain how

> that
>> makes your choices more moral than anyone elses?

> Why would I compare my choices with other
> people's morality?

Your prior habit of eating meat reflects many other people's morality. You
base your current "feeling good about your diet" on a direct comparison with
that. You refuse however to compare your current diet with diets that
include meat that would by that same moral relativity, make your diet appear
cruel. Your thinking is deliberately constricted in such a way to juxtapose
you against those you consider are doing worse on some scale, and to
disregard others who are doing better. It's self-serving in a very petty and
unattractive way.

rick etter

"Dutch" > wrote in message

> "Scented Nectar" > wrote \
>
>>> There are other options available, just not ones that require no

>> effort on
>>> your part. Your choices are predicated on ease, not a moral

>> motivation.
>>
>> No, they are based on real life likelihood and possibility.

> The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where food
> is all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just way
> too hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a
> lazy-mans morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too
> difficult.

============================
It's even worse than that. I have already told her that I know there are
farmers markets in and around Toronto. She cares not about them. She
prefers to continue to eat exotic, imported foods from around the world...

>>> You make choices based on ease and desire for good health while

>> animals'
>>> basic right to life is treated as an incidental factor. Explain how

>> that
>>> makes your choices more moral than anyone elses?

>> Why would I compare my choices with other
>> people's morality?

> Your prior habit of eating meat reflects many other people's morality. You
> base your current "feeling good about your diet" on a direct comparison
> with that. You refuse however to compare your current diet with diets that
> include meat that would by that same moral relativity, make your diet
> appear cruel. Your thinking is deliberately constricted in such a way to
> juxtapose you against those you consider are doing worse on some scale,
> and to disregard others who are doing better. It's self-serving in a very
> petty and unattractive way.

Scented Nectar

> > No, they are based on real life likelihood and possibility.
>
> The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where

food is
> all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just way

too
> hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a

lazy-mans
> morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too

difficult.

That's not an option to move rural, for me. I can't afford to leave the
city. I will not limit myself to local foods only for health reasons.
When the choice exists for both local and imported then I can
choose local.

> >> You make choices based on ease and desire for good health while

> > animals'
> >> basic right to life is treated as an incidental factor. Explain how

> > that
> >> makes your choices more moral than anyone elses?

> > Why would I compare my choices with other
> > people's morality?

> Your prior habit of eating meat reflects many other people's morality.

You
> base your current "feeling good about your diet" on a direct

comparison with
> that. You refuse however to compare your current diet with diets that
> include meat that would by that same moral relativity, make your diet

appear
> cruel. Your thinking is deliberately constricted in such a way to

juxtapose
> you against those you consider are doing worse on some scale, and to
> disregard others who are doing better. It's self-serving in a very

petty and
> unattractive way.

Actually I compare my current diet to my previous one.
I don't compare against other people, except in a
general, overall way. So the self-serving, petty
stuff you refer to doesn't exist.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Rudy Canoza

Scented Nectar wrote:
> > > No, they are based on real life likelihood and possibility.

> > The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where

> food is
> > all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just

way
> too
> > hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a

> lazy-mans
> > morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too

> difficult.
>
> That's not an option to move rural, for me. I can't afford to leave

the
> city.

You mean you don't WANT to move from the city. Rural life is hard, and
you like ease - ease that is paid for by the blood of innocent animals.

Of COURSE you can afford it. It's much cheaper to live in the
countryside than in the city.

Scented Nectar

> You mean you don't WANT to move from the city. Rural life is hard,
and
> you like ease - ease that is paid for by the blood of innocent

animals.

I won't be able to afford it until I retire. I'm
in the city until then. But I've told you this
before. If I didn't want to grow my own food
then why is that my retirement plan?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where food is
> all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just way too
> hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a lazy-mans
> morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too difficult.

An argument that continues to presume that she is responsible for the
outcomes of the actions of others.

The first of several logical fallacies is one of insignificant cause.
There are a variety of causes to determine why a food producer produces
food where animals may die. To attribute the producers action to Scented
is a case of insignificant cause.

Ron

In article .com>,
"Rudy Canoza" > wrote:

> > > The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where

> > food is
> > > all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just

> way
> > too
> > > hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a

> > lazy-mans
> > > morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too

> > difficult.
> >
> > That's not an option to move rural, for me. I can't afford to leave

> the
> > city.

> You mean you don't WANT to move from the city. Rural life is hard, and
> you like ease - ease that is paid for by the blood of innocent animals.

Logical fallacy of insignificant cause.

> Of COURSE you can afford it. It's much cheaper to live in the
> countryside than in the city.

Rudy Canoza

little HIV+ felcher Ron wrote:
> In article .com>,

where
> > > food is

just
> > way
> > > too

> > > lazy-mans
> > > difficult.
> > >
> > > That's not an option to move rural, for me. I can't afford to

leave
> > the
> > > city.

> > You mean you don't WANT to move from the city. Rural life is hard,

and
> > you like ease - ease that is paid for by the blood of innocent

animals.

> Logical fallacy of insignificant cause.

No fallacy whatever; no cause asserted.

Ron

In article .com>,
"Rudy Canoza" > wrote:

> little HIV+ felcher Ron wrote:
> > In article .com>,

> where

> just
> > > way

> leave
> > > the
> > >
> > > You mean you don't WANT to move from the city. Rural life is hard,

> and
> > > you like ease - ease that is paid for by the blood of innocent

> animals.
> >
> > Logical fallacy of insignificant cause.

> No fallacy whatever; no cause asserted.

A rice grower grows rice for a variety of reasons/causes. The most
significant cause is because Scented wants to use rice for a recipe. The
insignificant causes may include the need to earn a living, a family
owned property and continuation of a family business, fewer options for
earning in a geographic location of the world, a need to pay taxes for
property owned, a desire to provide child including food, clothing and
education, etc.

The most significant reason for a rice grower to grow rice is because
Scented likes to use rice rather than any of the other causes listed or
that could be considered.

The logical fallacy of insignificant cause is blatantly clear.
Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > No, they are based on real life likelihood and possibility.

>> The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where

> food is
>> all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just way

> too
>> hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a

> lazy-mans
>> morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too

> difficult.
>
> That's not an option to move rural, for me. I can't afford to leave the
> city.

And maintain the comfortable lifestyle to which you have become
accustomed...

> I will not limit myself to local foods only for health reasons.

Your personal well-being trumps any consideration of the lives of animals.

> When the choice exists for both local and imported then I can
> choose local.

In other words your so-called "doing all you can" is based on better choices
falling into your lap.

Great.

>> > animals'
>> > that
>> >
>> > Why would I compare my choices with other
>> > people's morality?

>> Your prior habit of eating meat reflects many other people's morality.

> You
>> base your current "feeling good about your diet" on a direct

> comparison with
>> that. You refuse however to compare your current diet with diets that
>> include meat that would by that same moral relativity, make your diet

> appear
>> cruel. Your thinking is deliberately constricted in such a way to

> juxtapose
>> you against those you consider are doing worse on some scale, and to
>> disregard others who are doing better. It's self-serving in a very

> petty and
>> unattractive way.

> Actually I compare my current diet to my previous one.

Which is more or less the diet I follow, likely. So your claim of moral
improvement is in essence a claim of moral superiority over people like me.

> I don't compare against other people, except in a
> general, overall way.

Meaning what? The average of all people with similiar diets to yours beats
the average of all people with similiar diets to mine? That one is a real
hoot. That's like a white thief saying that he is doing well morally because
white people on average steal less often than black people.

> So the self-serving, petty
> stuff you refer to doesn't exist.

It could not be any clearer, and don't forget the unattractive part.

Rudy Canoza

little HIV+ felcher Ron wrote:
> In article .com>,
> "Rudy Canoza" > wrote:
>
> > little HIV+ felcher Ron wrote:
> > > In article

.com>,

possibility.

co-op
> > where

It's
> > just

is

too

> > leave

hard,

innocent

> > > Logical fallacy of insignificant cause.

> > No fallacy whatever; no cause asserted.

> A rice grower grows rice

We're not talking about rice growers, stupid little HIV+ homo. We're
talking about Skunky refusing to move to the country.

Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> You mean you don't WANT to move from the city. Rural life is hard,

> and
>> you like ease - ease that is paid for by the blood of innocent

> animals.
>
> I won't be able to afford it until I retire.

That's your choice, until then you are doing what suits you, not in any way
"all you can".

Dutch

"Ron" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Dutch" >
> wrote:
>
>> The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where food
>> is
>> all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just way
>> too
>> hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a
>> lazy-mans
>> morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too difficult.

> An argument that continues to presume that she is responsible for the
> outcomes of the actions of others.

For the outcome of her own actions, which is to shop at the Willy-Nilly
market.

> The first of several logical fallacies is one of insignificant cause.
> There are a variety of causes to determine why a food producer produces
> food where animals may die. To attribute the producers action to Scented
> is a case of insignificant cause.

It doesn't matter why they do it, if she wishes to avoid complicity she
needs to break off economic relations with them.

Scented Nectar

"Ron" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,
> "Rudy Canoza" > wrote:
>
> > Ron wrote:
> > > In article

.com>,

possibility.

co-op
> > where

It's
> > just

is

too

> > leave

hard,
> > and

> > animals.
> > >
> > > Logical fallacy of insignificant cause.

> > No fallacy whatever; no cause asserted.

> A rice grower grows rice for a variety of reasons/causes. The most
> significant cause is because Scented wants to use rice for a recipe.

The
> insignificant causes may include the need to earn a living, a family
> owned property and continuation of a family business, fewer options

for
> earning in a geographic location of the world, a need to pay taxes for
> property owned, a desire to provide child including food, clothing and
> education, etc.
>
> The most significant reason for a rice grower to grow rice is because
> Scented likes to use rice rather than any of the other causes listed

or
> that could be considered.

When I went and ate noodles the other day, the Lundberg
family almost had to yank Junior from college!

> The logical fallacy of insignificant cause is blatantly clear.

Scented Nectar

> > That's not an option to move rural, for me. I can't afford to leave
the
> > city.

> And maintain the comfortable lifestyle to which you have become
> accustomed...

Living rural doesn't necessarily mean having to rough it.
They have plumbing, terlets and lectricity nowadays. The
worst roughing it would be dial up as opposed to
broadband!

> > I will not limit myself to local foods only for health reasons.

> Your personal well-being trumps any consideration of the lives of

animals.

To a point yes. My healthy life comes first in my priorities.
Do not take that to mean I don't consider the animals, just
that my well being trumps it. If I thought eating meat was
healthy and needed for a healthy life, I would eat it.

> > Actually I compare my current diet to my previous one.

> Which is more or less the diet I follow, likely. So your claim of

moral
> improvement is in essence a claim of moral superiority over people

like me.

Only if YOU look at it that way. When I feel good
about lessening cds, I'm thinking of me and the
way I feel, not you and how you compare. The
only time I do an us vs them type thing is when
I refer to the food industries as a whole.

> > I don't compare against other people, except in a
> > general, overall way.

> Meaning what? The average of all people with similiar diets to yours

beats
> the average of all people with similiar diets to mine? That one is a

real
> hoot. That's like a white thief saying that he is doing well morally

because
> white people on average steal less often than black people.

You're assuming that my diet is connected
to more cds than the average vegan I'd
guess it's actually about midrange.

> > So the self-serving, petty
> > stuff you refer to doesn't exist.

> It could not be any clearer, and don't forget the unattractive part.

Yep, that's not there either.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> You mean you don't WANT to move from the city. Rural life is hard,

> and
>> you like ease - ease that is paid for by the blood of innocent

> animals.
>
> I won't be able to afford it until I retire. I'm
> in the city until then. But I've told you this
> before. If I didn't want to grow my own food
> then why is that my retirement plan?

====================
It isn't really. It's just another of your lys. You could be growing some
of your own food now if it really was that importatnt to you. There are
dozens and dozens of community gardens in Toronto. There are farm markets
and coops, yet you insist on exotic imported foods. You need none of them
for your survival, and yes, that means your health too, killer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.
> Irony, hypocrisy, stupidity and ignorance run amok....

Ron

In article >, "Dutch" >
wrote:

> "Ron" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Dutch" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The option to move to a rural location and find a local co-op where food
> >> is
> >> all produced locally and preserved is real and possible. It's just way
> >> too
> >> hard for a lazy urban vegan. So your whole dietary morality is a
> >> lazy-mans
> >> morality, one for people who can't be bothered do anything too difficult.

> > An argument that continues to presume that she is responsible for the
> > outcomes of the actions of others.

> For the outcome of her own actions, which is to shop at the Willy-Nilly
> market.
>
> > The first of several logical fallacies is one of insignificant cause.
> > There are a variety of causes to determine why a food producer produces
> > food where animals may die. To attribute the producers action to Scented
> > is a case of insignificant cause.

> It doesn't matter why they do it, if she wishes to avoid complicity she
> needs to break off economic relations with them.

Only where the logical fallacy of insignificant cause is employed. A
current or former eating disordered person is likely to see things this
way -- let's term it participation versus complicity. Adults are able to
attribute responsibility accurately and effectively.

A child has good cause to avoid being wrong and making mistakes. For
adults, we recognize that we have choices and options. Scented appears
adult in that she recognizes that the rice grower does what he/she does
for their own reasons. To assume herself as the prime cause would be to
be acting as a child who needs to see themselves as the centre or cause
of everything.
Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > That's not an option to move rural, for me. I can't afford to leave

> the
>> > city.

>> And maintain the comfortable lifestyle to which you have become
>> accustomed...

> Living rural doesn't necessarily mean having to rough it.
> They have plumbing, terlets and lectricity nowadays. The
> worst roughing it would be dial up as opposed to
> broadband!
>
>> > I will not limit myself to local foods only for health reasons.

>> Your personal well-being trumps any consideration of the lives of

> animals.
>
> To a point yes. My healthy life comes first in my priorities.

Just like me.

> Do not take that to mean I don't consider the animals, just
> that my well being trumps it.

I'm sure your consideration is appreciated by dead animals.

> If I thought eating meat was
> healthy and needed for a healthy life, I would eat it.

Excellent attitude. I do and I do.

>> > Actually I compare my current diet to my previous one.

>> Which is more or less the diet I follow, likely. So your claim of

> moral
>> improvement is in essence a claim of moral superiority over people

> like me.
>
> Only if YOU look at it that way. When I feel good
> about lessening cds, I'm thinking of me and the
> way I feel, not you and how you compare. The
> only time I do an us vs them type thing is when
> I refer to the food industries as a whole.

That's the time you shouldn't do it.

>> > I don't compare against other people, except in a
>> > general, overall way.

>> Meaning what? The average of all people with similiar diets to yours

> beats
>> the average of all people with similiar diets to mine? That one is a

> real
>> hoot. That's like a white thief saying that he is doing well morally

> because
>> white people on average steal less often than black people.

> You're assuming that my diet is connected
> to more cds than the average vegan I'd
> guess it's actually about midrange.

No I'm not assuming anything, I am illustrating that you get no credit for
some mythical average of some imaginary group of people. If you are judged,
and I don't happen to believe you are, you are judged on what YOU do, you
alone.

>> > So the self-serving, petty
>> > stuff you refer to doesn't exist.

>> It could not be any clearer, and don't forget the unattractive part.

> Yep, that's not there either.

I find your coy smarminess and evasiveness quite unattractive.

Scented Nectar

> > I won't be able to afford it until I retire. I'm
> > in the city until then. But I've told you this
> > before. If I didn't want to grow my own food
> > then why is that my retirement plan?

> ====================
> It isn't really. It's just another of your lys. You could be

growing some
> of your own food now if it really was that importatnt to you. There

are
> dozens and dozens of community gardens in Toronto. There are farm

markets
> and coops, yet you insist on exotic imported foods. You need none of

them
> for your survival, and yes, that means your health too, killer.

I support the organic marketplace. I've told you
before that there are no community gardens
close enough to me that I could tend them
daily. I do not eat only imported foods. I eat
a mix. I believe that the health benefits of
eating a variety of foods including some
imports is healthier than a very limited yet
local diet. So no lies.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

> >> Your personal well-being trumps any consideration of the lives of
> > animals.
> >
> > To a point yes. My healthy life comes first in my priorities.

> Just like me.

My long lost twin!

> > Do not take that to mean I don't consider the animals, just
> > that my well being trumps it.

> I'm sure your consideration is appreciated by dead animals.

I don't think they know me. I'm a rather
insignificant person to them.

> > If I thought eating meat was
> > healthy and needed for a healthy life, I would eat it.

> Excellent attitude. I do and I do.

Now all that's left is to live and let live.

> > Only if YOU look at it that way. When I feel good
> > about lessening cds, I'm thinking of me and the
> > way I feel, not you and how you compare. The
> > only time I do an us vs them type thing is when
> > I refer to the food industries as a whole.

> That's the time you shouldn't do it.

I find the overall result interesting and pleasing.

> > You're assuming that my diet is connected
> > to more cds than the average vegan I'd
> > guess it's actually about midrange.

> No I'm not assuming anything, I am illustrating that you get no credit

for
> some mythical average of some imaginary group of people. If you are

judged,
> and I don't happen to believe you are, you are judged on what YOU do,

you
> alone.

I judge me. I give me a good score.

> I find your coy smarminess and evasiveness quite unattractive.

Well, what can I say. I haven't been finding you to have
any attraction qualities either. At least we both feel the
same way!

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > I won't be able to afford it until I retire. I'm
>> > in the city until then. But I've told you this
>> > before. If I didn't want to grow my own food
>> > then why is that my retirement plan?

>> ====================
>> It isn't really. It's just another of your lys. You could be

> growing some
>> of your own food now if it really was that importatnt to you. There

> are
>> dozens and dozens of community gardens in Toronto. There are farm

> markets
>> and coops, yet you insist on exotic imported foods. You need none of

> them
>> for your survival, and yes, that means your health too, killer.

> I support the organic marketplace. I've told you
> before that there are no community gardens
> close enough to me that I could tend them
> daily.

====================
Yes, there are. YOU are just too lazy to make use of them. Obviously
growing your own only applies to your pot, eh killer?

I do not eat only imported foods. I eat
> a mix. I believe that the health benefits of
> eating a variety of foods including some
> imports is healthier than a very limited yet
> local diet. So no lies.
> =================

Yes, many lys. You have nothing to back up your claims, killer. The
variety that you want is selfishness. You cannot prove any need for exotic
imported foods.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> > I support the organic marketplace. I've told you
> > before that there are no community gardens
> > close enough to me that I could tend them
> > daily.

> ====================
> Yes, there are. YOU are just too lazy to make use of them. Obviously
> growing your own only applies to your pot, eh killer?

No, the community gardens are too far
for me. I know where I live and you don't.
I don't grow my own pot. I leave that to
the experts. Maybe when I retire and if
it becomes legal, I'll give it a try.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Ron

In article .com>,
"Rudy Canoza" > wrote:

> little HIV+ felcher Ron wrote:
> > In article .com>,

> .com>,

> possibility.

> co-op
> > > where

> It's
> > > just

> is

> too

> > > leave

> hard,

> innocent

> > > No fallacy whatever; no cause asserted.

> > A rice grower grows rice

> We're not talking about rice growers, stupid little HIV+ homo. We're
> talking about Skunky refusing to move to the country.

I know. She won't live up to your expectations. She recognizes that any
causal relationship is insignificant and chooses to live her life
accordingly.
Rudy Canoza

little homo felcher Ron AGAIN disdained adult engagement and wrote:
> In article .com>,
> "Rudy Canoza" > wrote:
>
> > little HIV+ felcher Ron wrote:
> > > In article

.com>,

> > .com>,

> > possibility.

> > co-op

possible.
> > It's

morality
> > is

anything
> > too

afford

is
> > hard,

> > innocent

> > > A rice grower grows rice

> > We're not talking about rice growers, stupid little HIV+ homo.

We're
> > talking about Skunky refusing to move to the country.

> I know. She won't live up to

So you knowingly wrote an irrelevancy. Stupid.

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > I support the organic marketplace. I've told you
>> > before that there are no community gardens
>> > close enough to me that I could tend them
>> > daily.

>> ====================
>> Yes, there are. YOU are just too lazy to make use of them. Obviously
>> growing your own only applies to your pot, eh killer?

> No, the community gardens are too far
> for me.

====================
Again, no, they are only too far for your convenience, killer. That's the
point. They are located all over toronto, so any distance 'too far' is just
a means of expressing your selfish desire to continue to kill animals
unnecessarily.

I know where I live and you don't.
=================
What I know is your hypocrisy, killer.

> I don't grow my own pot. I leave that to
> the experts. Maybe when I retire and if
> it becomes legal, I'll give it a try.
>

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.
> Irony, hypocrisy, stupidity and ignorance run amok....

Dutch

"Ron" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Dutch" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Ron" > wrote in message

>> > An argument that continues to presume that she is responsible for the
>> > outcomes of the actions of others.

>> For the outcome of her own actions, which is to shop at the Willy-Nilly
>> market.
>>
>> > The first of several logical fallacies is one of insignificant cause.
>> > There are a variety of causes to determine why a food producer produces
>> > food where animals may die. To attribute the producers action to
>> > Scented
>> > is a case of insignificant cause.

>> It doesn't matter why they do it, if she wishes to avoid complicity she
>> needs to break off economic relations with them.

> Only where the logical fallacy of insignificant cause is employed.

This is your "fallacy du jour" and you don't understand any of them.

-snip-

Dutch

>> > animals.
>> >
>> > To a point yes. My healthy life comes first in my priorities.

>> Just like me.

> My long lost twin!
>
>> > Do not take that to mean I don't consider the animals, just
>> > that my well being trumps it.

>> I'm sure your consideration is appreciated by dead animals.

> I don't think they know me. I'm a rather
> insignificant person to them.

More coy evasiveness.

>> > If I thought eating meat was
>> > healthy and needed for a healthy life, I would eat it.

>> Excellent attitude. I do and I do.

> Now all that's left is to live and let live.

Is someone not letting you live?

>> > Only if YOU look at it that way. When I feel good
>> > about lessening cds, I'm thinking of me and the
>> > way I feel, not you and how you compare. The
>> > only time I do an us vs them type thing is when
>> > I refer to the food industries as a whole.

>> That's the time you shouldn't do it.

> I find the overall result interesting and pleasing.

That's not a valid reason to do it. If white women were less prone to commit
assaults than black, that should not be source of pride for you, assuming
you are white. A source of pride should be based on the fact that YOU don't
commit assaults, not that you belong to some demographic that statisically
does less.

>> > You're assuming that my diet is connected
>> > to more cds than the average vegan I'd
>> > guess it's actually about midrange.

>> No I'm not assuming anything, I am illustrating that you get no credit

> for
>> some mythical average of some imaginary group of people. If you are

> judged,
>> and I don't happen to believe you are, you are judged on what YOU do,

> you
>> alone.

> I judge me. I give me a good score.

That's because you are highly selective about who you compare yourself to
and because you invalidly derive credit from being a part of a group of
people you don't even know.

>> I find your coy smarminess and evasiveness quite unattractive.

> Well, what can I say. I haven't been finding you to have
> any attraction qualities either. At least we both feel the
> same way!

I have very attractive qualities, I am intelligent, articulate,
straightforward, honest to a fault, and care enough about people to spend
time trying to help them rid themselves of damaging delusions and eating
disorders.

Scented Nectar

> > No, the community gardens are too far
> > for me.

> ====================
> Again, no, they are only too far for your convenience, killer. That's

the
> point. They are located all over toronto, so any distance 'too far'

is just
> a means of expressing your selfish desire to continue to kill animals
> unnecessarily.

There aren't as many places in Toronto
that have community gardens as you
think. Also, the plots are rather small.
You certainly couldn't grow a years
supply of food there. Well maybe of
just one crop.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

> >> I'm sure your consideration is appreciated by dead animals.
> >
> > I don't think they know me. I'm a rather
> > insignificant person to them.

> More coy evasiveness.

What I wrote may sound funny but it's
true.

> > Now all that's left is to live and let live.

> Is someone not letting you live?

It's an expression. It means... oh, you
figure it out.

> > I judge me. I give me a good score.

> That's because you are highly selective about who you compare yourself

> and because you invalidly derive credit from being a part of a group

of
> people you don't even know.

I do know some vegans, you know. The stats
or numbers work out death-wise in favour of
the vegan diet. I can feel proud of that if I want
to. There's worse crimes out there than that
for you to go fix.

> >> I find your coy smarminess and evasiveness quite unattractive.

> > Well, what can I say. I haven't been finding you to have
> > any attraction qualities either. At least we both feel the
> > same way!

> I have very attractive qualities, I am intelligent, articulate,
> straightforward, honest to a fault, and care enough about people to

spend
> time trying to help them rid themselves of damaging delusions and

eating
> disorders.

I'm still not answering your ad.

http://tinyurl.com/55nv5

>>>I'll take the absence of your response to this as
>>>a tacit agreement.

>Read below *.

>>>Because, as I've said repeatedly now, according to
>>>him intentional deaths aren't collateral deaths, so
>>>whenever he accuses the vegan of causing them he
>>>accuses them of causing things, which to him don't
>>>even exist.

>> No Derek, and you're aware of it.

>How many times must I remind you that this thread
>concerns itself with his view on what constitutes
>collateral deaths and his wrongful blaming for things
>that, according to his view cannot logically exist?

His view doesn't matter. Reality is what matters.
They exist, regardless of what you call them or how
stupid he is or you is.

>If
>you hadn't ignored my earlier comment above* you
>would've been reminded of that and not tried to divert
>this discussion onto my view of what constitutes one
>instead.

>>>That's true and takes nothing from the fact that, if
>>>they're truly accidental, then no one can be blamed
>>>for them.

>> When people cause farm machinery to run blades
>>through the surface area of fields, turning the ground
>>upside down and stomping down on it with tons of weight,
>>animals are killed and those responsible for the action are
>>to blame.

>That's right: farmers.

And consumers, and people who make the machinery,
and people who sell it, and banks, and people who
provide seed, and chemical companies, and more banks,
and supermarkets, and more banks, and lawyers, and
petroleum companies, and banks, and tire manufacturers,
and various distributors, and banks, and...

>>>We aren't responsible for them, as you concede.
>>>That you believe we contribute to those deaths
>>>is irrelevant and cannot be shown anyway. I for
>>>one don't contribute anything towards those deaths.

>> How do you avoid it?

>It's not a case of avoiding it. It's something that happens
>around me,

Come to think of it, that's how it is with chicken houses
around here, and beef cattle in pastures...

>like the illegal invasion of British forces on
>foreign land, for example.

That's much how it is for growing crops, yes. And for
mining, and cutting trees for wood and paper products,
and clearing land for construction of roads, and housing,
and industry, etc...

>>>No. If I contribute to the meat industry by eating
>>>meat, then I am responsible for the deaths of those
>>>animals I choose as part of my diet.

>> No.

>YES Harrison. YOU are responsible for the death of
>whatever animal you choose to eat. Get used to it!

Not lately. It has been years since I've eaten an animal
who I was responsible for the death of. I know the difference.
You don't know the difference. For example: you believe it's
possible for a person to be responsible for the death of an
animal that died before the person was born. That's one of
the things causing me to believe you *might* really be as
stupid as you act.

>>>Vegetarians vicariously kill the vegetables they eat.
>>>Meatarians vicariously kill the animals they eat.

>> I rarely have in the past. Most never do.
>>
>>>There's no confusion over whether either are to
>>>blame for the deaths they cause. When vegetarians
>>>are accused of causing the deaths of animals, the
>>>link between the two actions isn't apparent, and
>>>that's where the "but for" condition comes into play.
>>>It doesn't work for meatarians because the link
>>>between them and the deaths they cause is already
>>>apparent.

>> Whatever works for veg*ns in that respect, works
>>equally well for meat consumers.

>I've just painstakingly shown that it doesn't.

LOL. You did not. It can't be done, much less have you
already done it...lol... I can't even see where it is you "think"
you have painstakingly done it...lol...

>>>You have no option but to agree.

>>>They are causal to whatever they choose to kill.
>>>Vegetarians vicariously kill the vegetables they eat.
>>>Meatarians vicariously kill the animals they eat.
>>>There's no confusion over whether either are to
>>>blame for the deaths they cause.

>> Including deaths associated with crop production.

>No. Neither the meatarian or the vegetarian is responsible
>for the collateral deaths caused by autonomous farmers in
>crop production, whether those crops go to feed livestock
>or ourselves.

We're as responsible for those deaths as the ones of
animals killed to eat. We're either responsible for both,
or for neither.

>>>Yet further up this page you state;
>>> "There's a difference between being responsible
>>> and contributing. We personally can contribute to
>>> something, without being responsible for whether
>>> or not it occurs."
>>>
>>>Make up tour mind.
>>>[..]

>> The degree of responsibility would only be in
>>regards to how our contribution influenced future
>>such products, so it's usually not worth considering.

>Then you've nothing say.
>
>>We are still contributing to it none the less.

>You might be, but I ain't.

LOL. I mean: how do you avoid contributing to any
animal deaths?

>Speak for yourself only.

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > No, the community gardens are too far
>> > for me.

>> ====================
>> Again, no, they are only too far for your convenience, killer. That's

> the
>> point. They are located all over toronto, so any distance 'too far'

> is just
>> a means of expressing your selfish desire to continue to kill animals
>> unnecessarily.

> There aren't as many places in Toronto
> that have community gardens as you
> think. Also, the plots are rather small.
> You certainly couldn't grow a years
> supply of food there.

==========================
I never suggested you grow all you need, killer. The point was that you
are TOO lazy and conveninece oriented to make *ANY* attempt at living up to
the religious dogma and idiocy you keep spewing. And, you haven't
disappoited yet, hypocrite. You continue to prove your lack of any real
concern toward animals.

Well maybe of
> just one crop.
>

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> ==========================
> I never suggested you grow all you need, killer. The point was that

you
> are TOO lazy and conveninece oriented to make *ANY* attempt at living

up to
> the religious dogma and idiocy you keep spewing. And, you haven't
> disappoited yet, hypocrite. You continue to prove your lack of any

real
> concern toward animals.

I'm not spewing religious dogma or
idiocy, but you're certainly spewing
insults. How do you expect me to
take you seriously when you do that?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> ==========================
>> I never suggested you grow all you need, killer. The point was that

> you
>> are TOO lazy and conveninece oriented to make *ANY* attempt at living

> up to
>> the religious dogma and idiocy you keep spewing. And, you haven't
>> disappoited yet, hypocrite. You continue to prove your lack of any

> real
>> concern toward animals.

> I'm not spewing religious dogma or
> idiocy, but you're certainly spewing
> insults.

====================
No, I'm not. The yruth is not insult, killer.

How do you expect me to
> take you seriously when you do that?

=====================
ROTFLMAO This from the goof that has NEVER posted anything serious at all!
All you ever post is your vegan religious spew, killer!

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.
> Irony, hypocrisy, ignorance and stupidity run amok...

rick etter

====================
No, I'm not. The yruth is not insult, killer.

How do you expect me to
> take you seriously when you do that?

=====================
ROTFLMAO This from the goof that has NEVER posted anything serious at all!
All you ever post is your vegan religious spew, killer!

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Random Link' button.
> Irony, hypocrisy, ignorance and stupidity run amok...

Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > No, the community gardens are too far
>> > for me.

>> ====================
>> Again, no, they are only too far for your convenience, killer. That's

> the
>> point. They are located all over toronto, so any distance 'too far'

> is just
>> a means of expressing your selfish desire to continue to kill animals
>> unnecessarily.

> There aren't as many places in Toronto
> that have community gardens as you
> think. Also, the plots are rather small.
> You certainly couldn't grow a years
> supply of food there. Well maybe of
> just one crop.

So this code of ethics stipulates that you stay in Toronto?

Dutch

>> > I don't think they know me. I'm a rather
>> > insignificant person to them.

>> More coy evasiveness.

> What I wrote may sound funny but it's
> true.
>
>> > Now all that's left is to live and let live.

>> Is someone not letting you live?

> It's an expression. It means... oh, you
> figure it out.

It means that you want to be ought to be able to post any nonsense to aaev
and not have it contested.

>> > I judge me. I give me a good score.

>> That's because you are highly selective about who you compare yourself

>> and because you invalidly derive credit from being a part of a group

> of
>> people you don't even know.

> I do know some vegans, you know. The stats
> or numbers work out death-wise in favour of
> the vegan diet.

Compared to...?

> I can feel proud of that if I want
> to. There's worse crimes out there than that
> for you to go fix.

I haven't accused anyone of a crime, I just find it a shame that you refuse
to explore the possibility that this narrow moral relativistic thinking you
are using to make yourself feel good causes more harm to you than it does
good. I can't explain it better than that, you need to try it out to see
what I mean.