D Flint

Default Real Election Reform

What do you think about this and have you seen this popular site before?

This was taken from a web site
http://www.afvr.org

How can we safeguard the integrity of each vote?
Today we have technology that protects our financial systems, military
weapon systems and national intelligent organizations. These proven systems
can be combined in a way to issue serialized equipment to authorize
personnel for the dates and hours needed. Each would have their own level of
clearance to perform the tasks they are responsible for. Each action would
be recorded and verified with a higher levels of network authority and
again, only available during the hours and dates needed. Ballots would only
be printed after the voter has cast their vote but before they leave the
booth. If the voter made a mistake he could put the printed ballot into the
booth's scanner for correction. All ballots scanned at the booth would go
into a shredder and the voter could then correct his ballot on the screen
and reprint his ballots. Once the voter accepts the printed ballot he
submits his vote on the screen and takes the two ballots to the depository.
So two computer generated, serialized and scanner perfect receipts of the
completed ballot are printed.* One for the voter and one for the public
record. This would eliminate all the extra ballots that could be used for
unauthorized voting as well as any question of voter intent. Each piece of
equipment involved in the issuing of the receipt would be linked to the
serial# of that ballot and an electronic document would be generated that
exactly matched the two printed receipts. So the voter themselves has
validate the printed ballots, keeping one for themselves, while the other
electronic time-stamped document is deposited into an optical scanner used
as a secure depository. This second scanned count which should always match
the electronic count. This paper ballot could also be used for recounts if
needed. The voter could use the receipt to inquire about their vote in the
future. The stuffing of the ballot box or "finding ballots" would be
eliminated. With this system, if you find a ballot, you have to find the
voter that cast that ballot too. This is not so in any of the current
systems in place today nor have we ever heard such a system ever proposed.
http://www.afvr.org

Real Election Reform D Flint Barbecue 0 08-01-2005 06:42 AM
Real Election Reform D Flint Diabetic 0 08-01-2005 06:42 AM
Real Election Reform D Flint Mexican Cooking 0 08-01-2005 06:42 AM
Real Election Reform D Flint Recipes 0 08-01-2005 06:42 AM
Real Election Reform D Flint Sushi 0 08-01-2005 06:42 AM