Old 11-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Rudy Canoza

Jan Hall wrote:
In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to the
coldness of a martinet....

You are making excuses for slovenliness and illiteracy.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Dutch

"Jan Hall" wrote
In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to

the
coldness of a martinet....

She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at work.
Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of speech. A
speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the case
here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.

"Rudy Canoza" wrote in message
ink.net...
Scented Nectar wrote:

A reasonably educated person would write something like "I am, like

many

others, in a position..." or "I and many others are..." Your verb

should

agree with your noun.

It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
the evils of bad grammar.

You are an illiterate twit.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Scented Nectar

In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing
the
point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer

the
coldness of a martinet....

She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at

work.
Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of

speech. A
speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the

case
here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.

Aern't yuo gald taht I dind't spel evrythnig worng two, Dutsh?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Old 11-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Dutch

"Scented Nectar" wrote
In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing

the
point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer

the
coldness of a martinet....

She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at

work.
Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of

speech. A
speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the

case
here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.

Aern't yuo gald taht I dind't spel evrythnig worng two, Dutsh?

It doesn't matter a whole lot to me. If you demonstrate poor speech patterns
however, it might indicate a general trend in your whole thinking process.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Jan Hall

no.you are attempting weakly to get me to believe that I am making excuses
for slovenliness and illiteracy. you're not even in the ballpark, fella.

"Rudy Canoza" wrote in message
k.net...

Old 12-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Jan Hall

say there, bubba. I set my own boundaries. however, you gave an amusing
performance. try not to be so completely anal.

Old 12-03-2005, 04:11 AM
Dutch

"Jan Hall" wrote
say there, bubba. I set my own boundaries. however, you gave an amusing
performance. try not to be so completely anal.

I see that you resort to name calling very quickly. Do you consider than an
adequate substitute for reasonable discussion and argument?

Old 12-03-2005, 04:12 AM
Dutch

"Jan Hall" wrote
no.you are attempting weakly to get me to believe that I am making excuses
for slovenliness and illiteracy you're not even in the ballpark, fella.

He's not in the ballpark, he hit a home run.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Rudy Canoza

Jan Hall wrote:

no.

Yes.

you are attempting weakly

I'm not "attempting" anything. I have done it.

to get me to believe

I don't give a **** what you believe.

that I am making excuses
for slovenliness and illiteracy.

You are. That's exactly what you did.

You're a lightweight relativist, an apologist for
mediocrity.