Rudy Canoza

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>>I should correct my wording:
>>>Most people see continuing to stay alive as a need.

>>Your correction is still wrong. It's a want, not a need.
>>

>>>You can call it a want if you like.

>>It IS a want. There is no such thing as "need" the way you mean the
>>word.

> It's just a word, calm down. You know
> full well that people use the word need
> to describe what you call instrumental
> needs.

No, they use it as some kind of absolute to distinguish
from wants. They think "needs" take some kind of
precedence over wants, but as we have seen, that's not
so - people trade so-called "needs" for so-called "mere
wants". That word "mere" is always understood, whether
it's stated or not.
usual suspect

illiterate, mouthy Skanky wrote:
>>>No one's made the conclusion that it's lack of
>>>need means immorality.

>>Yes, that is precisely the basis for "veganism" for a
>>lot of people. It's all over the Google archives.
>>

>>>The immorality is
>>>seen instead in the brutal conditions and the
>>>killing of the animals.

>>But when you feel you "need" something, you don't
>>exhibit any consideration for brutality or killing.
>>Animals are killed in the course of producing the food
>>you eat, and because you claim you "need" food, you
>>simply dismiss any moral consideration of those animals.

> I, like many others are in a position of forced

A reasonably educated person would write something like "I am, like many
others, in a position..." or "I and many others are..." Your verb should
agree with your noun.

> complicity.

You are not in any position of "forced complicity," mor is anyone else.

> To be healthy, I need a wide
> variety of vegetarian foods.

Wrong! Vegetarian foods are not a requirement for good health. They are
optional. There are other factors which affect health as much as or more
than diet alone: exercise, smoking, stress, etc. Your concerns about
diet and health are overshadowed by your sedentary lifestyle and your
long-term addiction to smoking marijuana. You have much bigger fish to
fry if you want to be healthy.

> If more veganic

No such thing. Stop with the fantasy world bullshit, Skanky.

> products were available, I'd switch to them.

No, you wouldn't. You already have such options available to you now,
but you refuse to grow your own food or to pay a farmer to grow in a
manner which reflects your peculiar hyper-sensitivities.

> Unfortunately there's almost none around.

You mean fortunately, because it would cost you dearly at the market if
it were abundant.

> I won't accept moral responsibility

We know. Lord, do we know.
Scented Nectar

> A reasonably educated person would write something like "I am, like
many
> others, in a position..." or "I and many others are..." Your verb

should
> agree with your noun.

It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
the evils of bad grammar.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Scented Nectar

> A reasonably educated person would write something like "I am, like
many
> others, in a position..." or "I and many others are..." Your verb

should
> agree with your noun.

It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
the evils of bad grammar.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>>According to you Rudy, there is no need
>>>to live.

>>That's correct, and I'm right: you WANT to live.
>>That's a legitimate want, but it doesn't become a need.

> According to most living people, they need to
> live.

No, they *want* to live. They *desire* to live. The world will go on
just fine without them.

> It's more than a want,

A burning desire, perhaps. But it's still a want, not a need.

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>>According to you Rudy, there is no need
>>>to live.

>>That's correct, and I'm right: you WANT to live.
>>That's a legitimate want, but it doesn't become a need.

> According to most living people, they need to
> live.

No, they *want* to live. They *desire* to live. The world will go on
just fine without them.

> It's more than a want,

A burning desire, perhaps. But it's still a want, not a need.
Rudy Canoza

Scented Nectar wrote:

>>A reasonably educated person would write something like "I am, like

> many
>
>>others, in a position..." or "I and many others are..." Your verb

> should
>
>>agree with your noun.

> It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
> the evils of bad grammar.

You are an illiterate twit.
Scented Nectar

> > It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
> > the evils of bad grammar.

> You are an illiterate twit.

Literate enough to see you for the insulting
troll that you are.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>A reasonably educated person would write something like "I am, like
>>many others, in a position..." or "I and many others are..." Your verb
>>should agree with your noun.

> It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
> the evils of bad grammar.

Protect you? Afraid I'm much to late to do that. You're infected and
spreading it, just like the HIV.
Jan Hall

In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to the
coldness of a martinet....

"Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Scented Nectar wrote:
>
>>>A reasonably educated person would write something like "I am, like

>> many
>>
>>>others, in a position..." or "I and many others are..." Your verb

>> should
>>
>>>agree with your noun.

>> It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
>> the evils of bad grammar.

> You are an illiterate twit.

Rudy Canoza

Jan Hall wrote:
> In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
> point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to the
> coldness of a martinet....

You are making excuses for slovenliness and illiteracy.
Dutch

"Jan Hall" > wrote
> In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
> point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to

the
> coldness of a martinet....

She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at work.
Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of speech. A
speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the case
here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.

> "Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
> ink.net...

> >> many

> >> should

> >> It's nice to know you're here to protect me from
> >> the evils of bad grammar.

> > You are an illiterate twit.

Scented Nectar

> > In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing
the
> > point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer

> the
> > coldness of a martinet....

> She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at

work.
> Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of

speech. A
> speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the

case
> here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
> reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.

Aern't yuo gald taht I dind't spel evrythnig worng two, Dutsh?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote
> > > In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing

> the
> > > point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer

> > the
> > > coldness of a martinet....

> > She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at

> work.
> > Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of

> speech. A
> > speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the

> case
> > here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
> > reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.

> Aern't yuo gald taht I dind't spel evrythnig worng two, Dutsh?

It doesn't matter a whole lot to me. If you demonstrate poor speech patterns
however, it might indicate a general trend in your whole thinking process.

Jan Hall

no.you are attempting weakly to get me to believe that I am making excuses
for slovenliness and illiteracy. you're not even in the ballpark, fella.

"Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Jan Hall wrote:
>> In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
>> point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to
>> the coldness of a martinet....

> You are making excuses for slovenliness and illiteracy.

Jan Hall

say there, bubba. I set my own boundaries. however, you gave an amusing
performance. try not to be so completely anal.

"Dutch" > wrote in message

> "Jan Hall" > wrote
>> In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
>> point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to

> the
>> coldness of a martinet....

> She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at
> work.
> Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of speech. A
> speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the case
> here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
> reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.
>

>> "Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...

>> > You are an illiterate twit.

Dutch

"Jan Hall" > wrote
> say there, bubba. I set my own boundaries. however, you gave an amusing
> performance. try not to be so completely anal.

I see that you resort to name calling very quickly. Do you consider than an
adequate substitute for reasonable discussion and argument?

> "Dutch" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jan Hall" > wrote
>>> In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
>>> point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to

>> the
>>> coldness of a martinet....

>> She lives in Toronto, Canada, there is no "regional grammar" issue at
>> work.
>> Bad grammar in and of itself never improves the effectiveness of speech.
>> speaker may be effective *in spite of* poor grammar, this is not the case
>> here. I propose that you feel the urge to defend this person for other
>> reasons than a penchant for bad grammar.
>>

>>> "Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
>>> ink.net...

Dutch

"Jan Hall" > wrote
> no.you are attempting weakly to get me to believe that I am making excuses
> for slovenliness and illiteracy you're not even in the ballpark, fella.

He's not in the ballpark, he hit a home run.

> "Rudy Canoza" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>> Jan Hall wrote:
>>> In the real world, regional grammar is quite effective in expressing the
>>> point of the work, and often has more depth and soul, which I prefer to
>>> the coldness of a martinet....

>> You are making excuses for slovenliness and illiteracy.

Rudy Canoza

Jan Hall wrote:

> no.

Yes.

> you are attempting weakly

I'm not "attempting" anything. I have done it.

I don't give a **** what you believe.

> that I am making excuses
> for slovenliness and illiteracy.

You are. That's exactly what you did.

You're a lightweight relativist, an apologist for
mediocrity.