Old 17-01-2005, 12:05 AM
John Coleman

"Dutch" wrote in message
8
I don't recall advocating consumption of excess nutrients. *Production of*
high amounts of nutrients per acre however seems to be right on topic.

Indeed it is:

oats vs beef: 1 acre oats provides
8 times more protein
16 times more iron
25 times more calories
6 times more niacin
12 times more riboflavin
84 times more thiamine
insignificant saturated fat and cholesterol

broccoli vs beef: 1 acre broccoli provides
10 times more protein
24 times more iron
11 times more calories
11 times more niacin
79 times more riboflavin
85 times more thiamine
650 times more calcium
insignificant saturated fat and cholesterol

[Plant Roots, p. 186]

Plant agriculture per acre supports more people (approx. 20 times more) than
beef AND produces more nutrients.

John

WHY VEGANISM? Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] Vegan 72 12-02-2012 10:46 PM
Veganism & Atheism dmaraz Vegan 4 15-05-2007 05:12 PM
"veganism" is religion Jay Santos Vegan 43 22-03-2005 04:14 PM
"veganism" is NOT about health Jay Santos Vegan 48 21-03-2005 07:08 PM
Depression and veganism tofubar Vegan 117 19-11-2003 07:04 AM