lostcherree

Default mmm Polenta with Raisins and Pine Nuts

I veganized this one from Tyler Florence's "Food 911" and it came out very
tasty ... if you like things more creamy than crunchy, use less pine nuts -
1/4 cup ended up being quite a bit

4 cups veggie broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup polenta or yellow cornmeal
1/3 cup soy milk
4 tablespoons unsalted margarine
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup pine nuts

In a large pot, bring the veggie broth and salt to a boil over medium heat.
Gradually whisk in the cornmeal in a slow steady stream. You might want to
sift it in, I had a couple of clumps that were a pain. Lower the heat and
continue to whisk until the polenta is thick and smooth, about 20 minutes.

Add the soy milk and 2 tablespoons of the margarine; continue to stir until
incorporated and creamy, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Remove the polenta from the heat and pour it into a small baking dish.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place a small skillet over low/medium heat and add the remaining 2
tablespoons of margarine. Swirl the pan over the heat and cook the
margarine until golden and nutty, about 1 minute. Add the raisins and pine
nuts, tossing to coat in the brown butter. Pour the raisins and pine nuts
over the top of the polenta. Bake for 25 minutes and serve

Rubystars

"lostcherree" > wrote in message
>I veganized this one from Tyler Florence's "Food 911" and it came out very
> tasty ... if you like things more creamy than crunchy, use less pine
> nuts -
> 1/4 cup ended up being quite a bit

Sounds good except for the raisins. Raisins are vile.

-Rubystars

Rubystars

"lostcherree" > wrote in message
>I veganized this one from Tyler Florence's "Food 911" and it came out very
> tasty ... if you like things more creamy than crunchy, use less pine
> nuts -
> 1/4 cup ended up being quite a bit

Sounds good except for the raisins. Raisins are vile.

-Rubystars

lostcherree

"Rubystars" > wrote in
:

> "lostcherree" > wrote in message
>>I veganized this one from Tyler Florence's "Food 911" and it came out
>>very
>> tasty ... if you like things more creamy than crunchy, use less pine
>> nuts -
>> 1/4 cup ended up being quite a bit

> Sounds good except for the raisins. Raisins are vile.
>
> -Rubystars

haha actually I'm not a fan of raisins either, but these puff up and
taste decent, it might be worth trying it on a small section