Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

Default Burger King's Impossible Whopper goes nationwide starting next week - It supposedly tastes the same as a meat-based burger

Why it matters: Plant-based burgers may not sound all that appealing for meat
lovers but it’s one of those things that is tough to knock until you try. If
nothing else, the Impossible Whopper may be a bit healthier than the
traditional version as it has roughly 15 percent less fat and 90 percent less
cholesterol.

Burger King earlier this year started market testing a meat-free version of
its famous Whopper in select restaurants in the St. Louis area. Now, the
burger chain is preparing to take the Impossible Whopper nationwide.

From August 8, you’ll be able to order an Impossible Whopper at one of over
7,000 BK locations across the country – either on-site or through DoorDash.

Built around a plant-based patty from Impossible Foods, the Impossible
Whopper doesn’t contain any beef yet retains the same texture and taste as
traditional meat. It’s so convincing that even Burger King’s corporate staff
that is very familiar with the iconic burger had a hard time differentiating
between a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper.

Burger King isn’t the only fast-food chain to experiment with plant-based
alternatives. Early this year, Carl’s Jr. partnered with Beyond Meat to bring
its animal-free creation to more than 1,000 locations across the country. You
can also find Impossible Burgers at select Red Robin, White Castle, Hopdoddy
and Fatburger locations.

From August 8 through September 1, Burger King will run a promotion in which
DoorDash users can order a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper for
just $7 with free delivery – a bit of a taste test, if you will. Normally,
the Impossible Whopper sells for $5.59.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

"Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
> Why it matters: Plant-based burgers may not sound all that appealing for
> meat
> lovers but it's one of those things that is tough to knock until you try.
> If
> nothing else, the Impossible Whopper may be a bit healthier than the
> traditional version as it has roughly 15 percent less fat and 90 percent
> less
> cholesterol.
>
> Burger King earlier this year started market testing a meat-free version
> of
> its famous Whopper in select restaurants in the St. Louis area. Now, the
> burger chain is preparing to take the Impossible Whopper nationwide.
>
> From August 8, you'll be able to order an Impossible Whopper at one of
> over
> 7,000 BK locations across the country - either on-site or through
> DoorDash.
>
> Built around a plant-based patty from Impossible Foods, the Impossible
> Whopper doesn't contain any beef yet retains the same texture and taste as
> traditional meat. It's so convincing that even Burger King's corporate
> staff
> that is very familiar with the iconic burger had a hard time
> differentiating
> between a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper.
>
> Burger King isn't the only fast-food chain to experiment with plant-based
> alternatives. Early this year, Carl's Jr. partnered with Beyond Meat to
> bring
> its animal-free creation to more than 1,000 locations across the country.
> You
> can also find Impossible Burgers at select Red Robin, White Castle,
> Hopdoddy
> and Fatburger locations.
>
> From August 8 through September 1, Burger King will run a promotion in
> which
> DoorDash users can order a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper for
> just $7 with free delivery - a bit of a taste test, if you will. Normally,
> the Impossible Whopper sells for $5.59.
>
> --
> Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
> watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't be
tasting it or reviewing it.

I do however admit that it's fast-food and tehrefore on-topic here, so if
other peaple want to discuss it, go right ahead just leave me out.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

[...]

>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't be
>tasting it or reviewing it.

How do you manage to survive, being as stump stupid as you are?

burg·er

noun
short for hamburger.

a particular variation of a hamburger with additional or substitute
ingredients.

>I do however admit that it's fast-food and tehrefore on-topic here, so if
>other peaple want to discuss it, go right ahead just leave me out.

Why did you reply then, Jenny?
Why do you hold the delusion that you can dictate what is, or is
not, discussed?

--
There once was a girl of society
Who behaved with extreme propriety
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>"Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
>> Why it matters: Plant-based burgers may not sound all that appealing for
>> meat
>> lovers but it's one of those things that is tough to knock until you try.
>> If
>> nothing else, the Impossible Whopper may be a bit healthier than the
>> traditional version as it has roughly 15 percent less fat and 90 percent
>> less
>> cholesterol.
>>
>> Burger King earlier this year started market testing a meat-free version
>> of
>> its famous Whopper in select restaurants in the St. Louis area. Now, the
>> burger chain is preparing to take the Impossible Whopper nationwide.
>>
>> From August 8, you'll be able to order an Impossible Whopper at one of
>> over
>> 7,000 BK locations across the country - either on-site or through
>> DoorDash.
>>
>> Built around a plant-based patty from Impossible Foods, the Impossible
>> Whopper doesn't contain any beef yet retains the same texture and taste as
>> traditional meat. It's so convincing that even Burger King's corporate
>> staff
>> that is very familiar with the iconic burger had a hard time
>> differentiating
>> between a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper.
>>
>> Burger King isn't the only fast-food chain to experiment with plant-based
>> alternatives. Early this year, Carl's Jr. partnered with Beyond Meat to
>> bring
>> its animal-free creation to more than 1,000 locations across the country.
>> You
>> can also find Impossible Burgers at select Red Robin, White Castle,
>> Hopdoddy
>> and Fatburger locations.
>>
>> From August 8 through September 1, Burger King will run a promotion in
>> which
>> DoorDash users can order a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper for
>> just $7 with free delivery - a bit of a taste test, if you will. Normally,
>> the Impossible Whopper sells for $5.59.
>>
>> --
>> Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
>> watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't be
>tasting it or reviewing it.

Yes, it's a burger.

https://tinyurl.com/jerry-wrong-again

Note the many ingredients than can be part of a burger.

While it's not surprising that you had no idea that this WAS, in fact,
a burger, you really should keep your mouth shut and not makes such
declarations. If you don't want to taste or review it, that's fine,
however. We will permit that.

>I do however admit that it's fast-food and tehrefore on-topic here, so if
>other peaple want to discuss it, go right ahead just leave me out.

What makes you think you were included?

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

Default Jerry's Burger Confusion

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jenny Sauk"
> wrote:

>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't be
>tasting it or reviewing it.

Since Jenny doesn't even know what fast food is, it's not surprising
that Burger King's non-meat Impossible Burger confuses and frightens
her.

It's not surprising that definition of the word "burger" also escapes
her. It's obviously one of the reasons she could never make it in the
fast food industry.

So, alt.food.fast-food proudly provides the following helpful
definitions:

burger
short for hamburger.
a particular variation of a hamburger with additional or substitute
ingredients.

hamburger
a round patty of ground beef, fried or grilled and typically served on
a bun or roll and garnished with various condiments.

chicken burger
A hot sandwich made of a patty of chicken in a bun, often with other
ingredients.

fish burger
a type of sandwich made of fish, in the style of a hamburger, offered
as an alternative to beef hamburgers

veggie burger
A type of sandwich using a patty resembling a hamburger but made with
vegetable protein, soybeans, etc., instead of meat.

There are also Elk Burgers, Portobello Mushroom Burgers, Turkey
Burgers, Pork Burgers, Bison Burgers, Lamb Burgers, and anything you
could probably think of using the standard "burger" motif.

While Jenny may certainly refuse to taste or try any non-beef burger,
as is her right, she is, as usual, incorrect to flatly claim the only
burger is a "beef burger."

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

On Wed, 07 Aug 2019 02:18:13 -0700, KWills Shill #3
> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Aug 2019 04:17:43 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>>>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't be
>>>tasting it or reviewing it.

>>Yes, it's a burger.
>>
>>https://tinyurl.com/jerry-wrong-again
>>
>>Note the many ingredients than can be part of a burger.
>>
>>While it's not surprising that you had no idea that this WAS, in fact,
>>a burger, you really should keep your mouth shut and not makes such
>>declarations. If you don't want to taste or review it, that's fine,
>>however. We will permit that.
>>
>>>I do however admit that it's fast-food and tehrefore on-topic here, so if
>>>other peaple want to discuss it, go right ahead just leave me out.

>>What makes you think you were included?
>>

> Funny how Jenny inserts himself into a conversation while
>claiming he wants to be left out of the conversation.

He enjoys getting bitch-slapped so much he's grown to need it.
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

"KlausSchadenfreude" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jenny Sauk"
> > wrote:
>
>>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't
>>be
>>tasting it or reviewing it.

> Since Jenny doesn't even know what fast food is, it's not surprising
> that Burger King's non-meat Impossible Burger confuses and frightens
> her.

Impossible burger? What the **** is that, I've never heard of a impossible
burger. I have no ****ing clue what you could possibly mean... oh you must
mean the Impossible WHOPPER.

You see, not even Burger King reffers to it as a burger. You really should
research this shit before your trolling attempt's FAIL.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 16:12:11 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jenny Sauk"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't
>>>be
>>>tasting it or reviewing it.

>> Since Jenny doesn't even know what fast food is, it's not surprising
>> that Burger King's non-meat Impossible Burger confuses and frightens
>> her.

>Impossible burger? What the **** is that, I've never heard of a impossible
>burger. I have no ****ing clue what you could possibly mean.

Seeing as how you don't even know how to define "fast food," Jenny,
nobody here is surprised you don't know what I mean.

>.. oh you must
>mean the Impossible WHOPPER.

What is a Whopper, Jenny? Oh yeah. It's a burger.

>You see, not even Burger King reffers to it as a burger.

Lots of people refer to it as a burger, Jenny. Because it is a burger,
as I've already proven.

>You really should research this shit before your trolling attempt's FAIL.

Everyone will noticed that you-- in your usual cowardly fashion-
deleted the research.

Here it is again.

[...]

You're in way over your head, Jenny.
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

"KlausSchadenfreude" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
>>> Why it matters: Plant-based burgers may not sound all that appealing for
>>> meat
>>> lovers but it's one of those things that is tough to knock until you
>>> try.
>>> If
>>> nothing else, the Impossible Whopper may be a bit healthier than the
>>> traditional version as it has roughly 15 percent less fat and 90 percent
>>> less
>>> cholesterol.
>>>
>>> Burger King earlier this year started market testing a meat-free version
>>> of
>>> its famous Whopper in select restaurants in the St. Louis area. Now, the
>>> burger chain is preparing to take the Impossible Whopper nationwide.
>>>
>>> From August 8, you'll be able to order an Impossible Whopper at one of
>>> over
>>> 7,000 BK locations across the country - either on-site or through
>>> DoorDash.
>>>
>>> Built around a plant-based patty from Impossible Foods, the Impossible
>>> Whopper doesn't contain any beef yet retains the same texture and taste
>>> as
>>> traditional meat. It's so convincing that even Burger King's corporate
>>> staff
>>> that is very familiar with the iconic burger had a hard time
>>> differentiating
>>> between a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper.
>>>
>>> Burger King isn't the only fast-food chain to experiment with
>>> plant-based
>>> alternatives. Early this year, Carl's Jr. partnered with Beyond Meat to
>>> bring
>>> its animal-free creation to more than 1,000 locations across the
>>> country.
>>> You
>>> can also find Impossible Burgers at select Red Robin, White Castle,
>>> Hopdoddy
>>> and Fatburger locations.
>>>
>>> From August 8 through September 1, Burger King will run a promotion in
>>> which
>>> DoorDash users can order a regular Whopper and the Impossible Whopper
>>> for
>>> just $7 with free delivery - a bit of a taste test, if you will.
>>> Normally,
>>> the Impossible Whopper sells for $5.59.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
>>> watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.

>>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't
>>be
>>tasting it or reviewing it.

> Yes, it's a burger.
>
> https://tinyurl.com/jerry-wrong-again
>
> Note the many ingredients than can be part of a burger.

And if you look CLOSELY at that list, MEAT it the number #1 ingredient. ALL
of the other ingredient's is stuff that can be ADDED to the meat.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

"KlausSchadenfreude" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 16:12:11 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> > wrote:
>

>>"KlausSchadenfreude" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jenny Sauk"

>>> Since Jenny doesn't even know what fast food is, it's not surprising
>>> that Burger King's non-meat Impossible Burger confuses and frightens
>>> her.

>>Impossible burger? What the **** is that, I've never heard of a
>>impossible
>>burger. I have no ****ing clue what you could possibly mean.

> Seeing as how you don't even know how to define "fast food," Jenny,
> nobody here is surprised you don't know what I mean.
>
>>.. oh you must
>>mean the Impossible WHOPPER.

> What is a Whopper, Jenny? Oh yeah. It's a burger.

When it's made with meat, of course.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 13:52:31 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
>> > wrote:

>>>It's not a burger. If it doesn't have meat, it's NOT a burger so I won't
>>>be
>>>tasting it or reviewing it.

>> Yes, it's a burger.
>>
>> https://tinyurl.com/jerry-wrong-again
>>
>> Note the many ingredients than can be part of a burger.

>And if you look CLOSELY at that list, MEAT it the number #1 ingredient. ALL
>of the other ingredient's is stuff that can be ADDED to the meat.

If you'll read the definitions, you'll see that meat CAN be the first
ingredient. But it's not always the first ingredient.

Why do you know so LITTLE about fast food, Jenny?
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 13:53:52 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 16:12:11 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
>> > wrote:

>>>Impossible burger? What the **** is that, I've never heard of a
>>>impossible
>>>burger. I have no ****ing clue what you could possibly mean.

>> Seeing as how you don't even know how to define "fast food," Jenny,
>> nobody here is surprised you don't know what I mean.
>>
>>>.. oh you must
>>>mean the Impossible WHOPPER.

>> What is a Whopper, Jenny? Oh yeah. It's a burger.

>When it's made with meat, of course.

A whopper is a burger.
An Impossible Whopper is a burger too.

You've been taught this, Jenny.
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,alt.food.hamburger,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.restaurants,rec.food.veg

KlausSchadenfreude wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 13:52:31 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> > wrote:
>
>> "KlausSchadenfreude" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 15:20:19 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"

>>> Yes, it's a burger.
>>>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/jerry-wrong-again
>>>
>>> Note the many ingredients than can be part of a burger.

>> And if you look CLOSELY at that list, MEAT it the number #1 ingredient. ALL
>> of the other ingredient's is stuff that can be ADDED to the meat.

> If you'll read the definitions, you'll see that meat CAN be the first
> ingredient. But it's not always the first ingredient.
>
> Why do you know so LITTLE about fast food, Jenny?

Jenny and Jenny are GONE. Check the memo...

Old Burger King ad [email protected] General Cooking 10 04-07-2018 03:46 PM
KING BURGER brooklyn1 General Cooking 14 25-11-2009 01:21 PM
World's most expensive ($200) Burger King burger Corey Richardson General Cooking 7 31-07-2008 12:53 PM
Who's the ass in the Burger King ads? Doug Norris Barbecue 18 13-11-2003 09:41 PM