FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   PETA wants you to remove 'speciesism' from your vocabulary (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/445272-peta-wants-you-remove.html)

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_2_] 05-12-2018 07:29 PM

PETA wants you to remove 'speciesism' from your vocabulary

PETA wants you to remove 'speciesism' from your*vocabulary

By WGNO Web Desk, WGNO, wgno.com
December 4, 2018

PETA has issued new guidelines for helping people remove
what it has dubbed "speciesism"* and anti-animal language
from daily conversations.

"Words matter, and as our understanding of social justice
evolves, our language evolves along with it," reads a tweet
on the official PETA Twitter account.

An accompanying chart gives several examples of common
terms that PETA has dubbed offensive to animals alongside
handy replacement phrases.

Continues at:

https://wgno.com/2018/12/04/peta-wan...ur-vocabulary/

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi