Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,uk.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,free.bharat,soc.culture.india

Default Britain's New Five Pound Bank Note Contains Beef

Britain's New Five Pound Bank Note Contains Beef

Hindu Press International, Hinduism Today Magazine
hinduismtoday.com
Thursday, December 1, 2016

London, United Kingdom, November 30, 2016 (New York
Times): When it released a new 5-pound note in September,
the Bank of England said the new polymer bills were
stronger, safer and better for the environment. One thing
they are not, it turns out, is meat-free. To the dismay
of vegans and vegetarians across Britain, the Bank of
England has confirmed that tallow was used in the base of
the new notes, which are worth about US$6.25. Tallow, a
hard, fatty substance usually made from rendered beef or
mutton suet, is much more likely to be found in soap and
candles than in a currency.

Continues at:

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/blogs-n...eef/15469.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,uk.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics,talk.politics.misc,free.bharat,soc.culture.india

Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> Britain's New Five Pound Bank Note Contains Beef
>
> Hindu Press International, Hinduism Today Magazine
> hinduismtoday.com
> Thursday, December 1, 2016
>
> London, United Kingdom, November 30, 2016 (New York
> Times): When it released a new 5-pound note in September,
> the Bank of England said the new polymer bills were
> stronger, safer and better for the environment. One thing
> they are not, it turns out, is meat-free. To the dismay
> of vegans and vegetarians across Britain, the Bank of
> England has confirmed that tallow was used in the base of
> the new notes, which are worth about US$6.25. Tallow, a
> hard, fatty substance usually made from rendered beef or
> mutton suet, is much more likely to be found in soap and
> candles than in a currency.
>
> Continues at:
>
> http://www.hinduismtoday.com/blogs-n...eef/15469.html

UK's new five pound bill sparks protest from Hindus

rediff.com
Saturday, December 3, 2016

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/uk...s/20161203.htm

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi