Wayfarer

Default Needed: Recommendations for Footwear

Hi,

Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).

I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung a
leak, so I'm looking for:

1. a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots, primarily for all-weather
walking

2. a pair of waterproof walking shoes

I Googled, but only found fairly expensive boots/shoes and was unable to
come up with the magical search terms to get me what I want, even on
Froogle.

I'd prefer U.S. made, but definitely not Chinese or any likely-to-be-a-
sweatshop sources.

I have an *extremely* limited budget ($220 plus, of which only only $120
is, more-or-less, disposable and $130 in food stamps), so please,
nothing outrageous.

Thanks for your help,
Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp
Momzilla

"Wayfarer" > wrote in message
t...
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).
>
> I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung a
> leak, so I'm looking for:
>
> 1. a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots, primarily for all-weather
> walking
>
> 2. a pair of waterproof walking shoes
>
> I Googled, but only found fairly expensive boots/shoes and was unable to
> come up with the magical search terms to get me what I want, even on
> Froogle.
>
> I'd prefer U.S. made, but definitely not Chinese or any likely-to-be-a-
> sweatshop sources.
>
> I have an *extremely* limited budget ($220 plus, of which only only $120
> is, more-or-less, disposable and $130 in food stamps), so please,
> nothing outrageous.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Neill
>
> --
> Wayfarer
> Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp

Hi Neil,
I found you a good deal on a pair of New Balance walking shoes. check the
link.
http://www.nbwebexpress.com/detail.a...&style=MW810BK

As for boots, what exacty are you looking for. Winter boots for warmth or
sturdy hiking boots? With your limited buget, I'd suggest Playless
http://www.payless.com/ but you don't want anything made in Asia.

Have you tried the Thrift shops? You might wind up with leather but it in
the after market your not adding to the harm that has been already been
done.

Hope I helped. -nancy-

Momzilla

"Wayfarer" > wrote in message
t...
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).
>
> I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung a
> leak, so I'm looking for:
>
> 1. a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots, primarily for all-weather
> walking
>
> 2. a pair of waterproof walking shoes
>
> I Googled, but only found fairly expensive boots/shoes and was unable to
> come up with the magical search terms to get me what I want, even on
> Froogle.
>
> I'd prefer U.S. made, but definitely not Chinese or any likely-to-be-a-
> sweatshop sources.
>
> I have an *extremely* limited budget ($220 plus, of which only only $120
> is, more-or-less, disposable and $130 in food stamps), so please,
> nothing outrageous.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Neill
>
> --
> Wayfarer
> Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp

Hi Neil,
I found you a good deal on a pair of New Balance walking shoes. check the
link.
http://www.nbwebexpress.com/detail.a...&style=MW810BK

As for boots, what exacty are you looking for. Winter boots for warmth or
sturdy hiking boots? With your limited buget, I'd suggest Playless
http://www.payless.com/ but you don't want anything made in Asia.

Have you tried the Thrift shops? You might wind up with leather but it in
the after market your not adding to the harm that has been already been
done.

Hope I helped. -nancy-

Grant

"Wayfarer" > wrote in message
t...
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).
>
> I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung a
> leak, so I'm looking for:

http://www.surprise.com/traits/respo...for_vegans.cfm

ta

"Wayfarer" > wrote in message
t...
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).
>
> I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung a
> leak, so I'm looking for:
>
> 1. a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots, primarily for all-weather
> walking
>
> 2. a pair of waterproof walking shoes
>
> I Googled, but only found fairly expensive boots/shoes and was unable to
> come up with the magical search terms to get me what I want, even on
> Froogle.
>
> I'd prefer U.S. made, but definitely not Chinese or any likely-to-be-a-
> sweatshop sources.
>
> I have an *extremely* limited budget ($220 plus, of which only only $120
> is, more-or-less, disposable and $130 in food stamps), so please,
> nothing outrageous.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Neill
>
> --
> Wayfarer
> Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp

http://www.veganstore.com/

http://www.mooshoes.com/

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/

Also, bookmark this page: http://www.vegforlife.org/wears.htm

ta

"Wayfarer" > wrote in message
t...
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).
>
> I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung a
> leak, so I'm looking for:
>
> 1. a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots, primarily for all-weather
> walking
>
> 2. a pair of waterproof walking shoes
>
> I Googled, but only found fairly expensive boots/shoes and was unable to
> come up with the magical search terms to get me what I want, even on
> Froogle.
>
> I'd prefer U.S. made, but definitely not Chinese or any likely-to-be-a-
> sweatshop sources.
>
> I have an *extremely* limited budget ($220 plus, of which only only $120
> is, more-or-less, disposable and $130 in food stamps), so please,
> nothing outrageous.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Neill
>
> --
> Wayfarer
> Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp

http://www.veganstore.com/

http://www.mooshoes.com/

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/

Also, bookmark this page: http://www.vegforlife.org/wears.htm

Marvin Preuss

Oh yes i need some vegan shoes too

--
(o_ "We are all in the gutter,
//\ but some of us are looking at the stars."

Beach Runner

I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.

Marvin Preuss wrote:
> Oh yes i need some vegan shoes too

Michael Saunby

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
. ..
>I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
> Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.

It's remarkable what can be made from crude oil these days. Where would we
be without those wonderful oil companies eh?

And of course that's also where most inorganic fertiliser comes from,
rather than that awful animal dung they used to use to grow crops.

Good old oil and veganism eh. It's a wonderful life, though clearly not
one that any god intended.

Of course you could always use leather from animals that weren't killed
either for food or leather. India has a good supply of leather from such
animals and employment in making shoes and boots provides much needed
income for their poorer citizen. But then why would godless vegans care
about such things?

Michael Saunby

Michael Saunby

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
. ..
>I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
> Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.

It's remarkable what can be made from crude oil these days. Where would we
be without those wonderful oil companies eh?

And of course that's also where most inorganic fertiliser comes from,
rather than that awful animal dung they used to use to grow crops.

Good old oil and veganism eh. It's a wonderful life, though clearly not
one that any god intended.

Of course you could always use leather from animals that weren't killed
either for food or leather. India has a good supply of leather from such
animals and employment in making shoes and boots provides much needed
income for their poorer citizen. But then why would godless vegans care
about such things?

Michael Saunby

Wayfarer

Thus spake Wayfarer:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).
>
> I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung a
> leak, so I'm looking for:
>
> 1. a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots, primarily for all-weather
> walking
>
> 2. a pair of waterproof walking shoes
>
> I Googled, but only found fairly expensive boots/shoes and was unable to
> come up with the magical search terms to get me what I want, even on
> Froogle.
>
> I'd prefer U.S. made, but definitely not Chinese or any likely-to-be-a-
> sweatshop sources.
>
> I have an *extremely* limited budget ($220 plus, of which only only $120
> is, more-or-less, disposable and $130 in food stamps), so please,
> nothing outrageous.

Thanks anyway, folks. You gave me lots of good options, but the least
expensive pair of shoes would cost about $60, which would mean I'd have
to go without luxuries like heat and shelter or the ability to take the
bus to activities. ;-)

Scruples are expensive, ain't they? Many people have questioned my
sanity (lol...already imperiled) for trying to live according to my
beliefs on a sub-subsistence budget.

Sometimes I have to agree with them.

Thanks,
Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp
Wayfarer

Thus spake Wayfarer:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).
>
> I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung a
> leak, so I'm looking for:
>
> 1. a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots, primarily for all-weather
> walking
>
> 2. a pair of waterproof walking shoes
>
> I Googled, but only found fairly expensive boots/shoes and was unable to
> come up with the magical search terms to get me what I want, even on
> Froogle.
>
> I'd prefer U.S. made, but definitely not Chinese or any likely-to-be-a-
> sweatshop sources.
>
> I have an *extremely* limited budget ($220 plus, of which only only $120
> is, more-or-less, disposable and $130 in food stamps), so please,
> nothing outrageous.

Thanks anyway, folks. You gave me lots of good options, but the least
expensive pair of shoes would cost about $60, which would mean I'd have
to go without luxuries like heat and shelter or the ability to take the
bus to activities. ;-)

Scruples are expensive, ain't they? Many people have questioned my
sanity (lol...already imperiled) for trying to live according to my
beliefs on a sub-subsistence budget.

Sometimes I have to agree with them.

Thanks,
Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp
Wayfarer

Thus spake Michael Saunby:

> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
> > Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.
> >

> It's remarkable what can be made from crude oil these days. Where would we
> be without those wonderful oil companies eh?
>
> And of course that's also where most inorganic fertiliser comes from,
> rather than that awful animal dung they used to use to grow crops.
>
> Good old oil and veganism eh. It's a wonderful life, though clearly not
> one that any god intended.
>
> Of course you could always use leather from animals that weren't killed
> either for food or leather. India has a good supply of leather from such
> animals and employment in making shoes and boots provides much needed
> income for their poorer citizen. But then why would godless vegans care
> about such things?
>
> Michael Saunby

Don't you just love sarcasm and self-righteousness...the lonely, put-
upon voice crying out in the wilderness? Makes you want to re-examine
your life and make those changes, right after you toss a brick at the
self-important clod.

Did you ever stop to consider that your style of discourse alienates
people from *anything* you might have to say? Making personal attacks,
either one-by-one or corporately, really diminishes only you.

....and no, they don't MAKE you do it, or do they really have so much
power over you?

Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp
Wayfarer

Thus spake Michael Saunby:

> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
> > Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.
> >

> It's remarkable what can be made from crude oil these days. Where would we
> be without those wonderful oil companies eh?
>
> And of course that's also where most inorganic fertiliser comes from,
> rather than that awful animal dung they used to use to grow crops.
>
> Good old oil and veganism eh. It's a wonderful life, though clearly not
> one that any god intended.
>
> Of course you could always use leather from animals that weren't killed
> either for food or leather. India has a good supply of leather from such
> animals and employment in making shoes and boots provides much needed
> income for their poorer citizen. But then why would godless vegans care
> about such things?
>
> Michael Saunby

Don't you just love sarcasm and self-righteousness...the lonely, put-
upon voice crying out in the wilderness? Makes you want to re-examine
your life and make those changes, right after you toss a brick at the
self-important clod.

Did you ever stop to consider that your style of discourse alienates
people from *anything* you might have to say? Making personal attacks,
either one-by-one or corporately, really diminishes only you.

....and no, they don't MAKE you do it, or do they really have so much
power over you?

Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp

Wayfarer

Thus spake Michael Saunby:

> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
> > Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.
> >

> It's remarkable what can be made from crude oil these days. Where would we
> be without those wonderful oil companies eh?
>
> And of course that's also where most inorganic fertiliser comes from,
> rather than that awful animal dung they used to use to grow crops.
>
> Good old oil and veganism eh. It's a wonderful life, though clearly not
> one that any god intended.
>
> Of course you could always use leather from animals that weren't killed
> either for food or leather. India has a good supply of leather from such
> animals and employment in making shoes and boots provides much needed
> income for their poorer citizen. But then why would godless vegans care
> about such things?
>
> Michael Saunby

Don't you just love sarcasm and self-righteousness...the lonely, put-
upon voice crying out in the wilderness? Makes you want to re-examine
your life and make those changes, right after you toss a brick at the
self-important clod.

Did you ever stop to consider that your style of discourse alienates
people from *anything* you might have to say? Making personal attacks,
either one-by-one or corporately, really diminishes only you.

....and no, they don't MAKE you do it, or do they really have so much
power over you?

Neill

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp
Wayfarer

Thus spake rick etter:

> "Wayfarer" > wrote in message
> t...
> > Thus spake Michael Saunby:
> >>
> >> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> >> . ..
> >> >

> >> It's remarkable what can be made from crude oil these days. Where would
> >> we
> >> be without those wonderful oil companies eh?
> >>
> >> And of course that's also where most inorganic fertiliser comes from,
> >> rather than that awful animal dung they used to use to grow crops.
> >>
> >> Good old oil and veganism eh. It's a wonderful life, though clearly not
> >> one that any god intended.
> >>
> >> Of course you could always use leather from animals that weren't killed
> >> either for food or leather. India has a good supply of leather from such
> >> animals and employment in making shoes and boots provides much needed
> >> income for their poorer citizen. But then why would godless vegans care
> >> about such things?
> >>
> >> Michael Saunby

> > Don't you just love sarcasm and self-righteousness..

> ====================
> Yes, especially when it goes right over your head, killer. Just because
> there might not be any 'animal bits' in a product does not mean it is
> cruelty-free, or even that it causes fewer animals to suffer and die! But,
> as long as you have your simple rules for your simple mind I guess you'll be
> happy, regardless of how many animals you kill, eh hypocrite?

Thanks for making my point.

> .the lonely, put-
> > upon voice crying out in the wilderness? Makes you want to re-examine
> > your life and make those changes, right after you toss a brick at the
> > self-important clod.
> >
> > Did you ever stop to consider that your style of discourse alienates
> > people from *anything* you might have to say? Making personal attacks,
> > either one-by-one or corporately, really diminishes only you.

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp
Wayfarer

Thus spake rick etter:

> "Wayfarer" > wrote in message
> t...
> > Thus spake Michael Saunby:
> >>
> >> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> >> . ..
> >> >

> >> It's remarkable what can be made from crude oil these days. Where would
> >> we
> >> be without those wonderful oil companies eh?
> >>
> >> And of course that's also where most inorganic fertiliser comes from,
> >> rather than that awful animal dung they used to use to grow crops.
> >>
> >> Good old oil and veganism eh. It's a wonderful life, though clearly not
> >> one that any god intended.
> >>
> >> Of course you could always use leather from animals that weren't killed
> >> either for food or leather. India has a good supply of leather from such
> >> animals and employment in making shoes and boots provides much needed
> >> income for their poorer citizen. But then why would godless vegans care
> >> about such things?
> >>
> >> Michael Saunby

> > Don't you just love sarcasm and self-righteousness..

> ====================
> Yes, especially when it goes right over your head, killer. Just because
> there might not be any 'animal bits' in a product does not mean it is
> cruelty-free, or even that it causes fewer animals to suffer and die! But,
> as long as you have your simple rules for your simple mind I guess you'll be
> happy, regardless of how many animals you kill, eh hypocrite?

Thanks for making my point.

> .the lonely, put-
> > upon voice crying out in the wilderness? Makes you want to re-examine
> > your life and make those changes, right after you toss a brick at the
> > self-important clod.
> >
> > Did you ever stop to consider that your style of discourse alienates
> > people from *anything* you might have to say? Making personal attacks,
> > either one-by-one or corporately, really diminishes only you.

--
Wayfarer
Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp
rick etter

"Wayfarer" > wrote in message
t...
> Thus spake rick etter:
>>
>> "Wayfarer" > wrote in message
>> t...
>> > Thus spake Michael Saunby:

>> > Don't you just love sarcasm and self-righteousness..

>> ====================
>> Yes, especially when it goes right over your head, killer. Just because
>> there might not be any 'animal bits' in a product does not mean it is
>> cruelty-free, or even that it causes fewer animals to suffer and die!
>> But,
>> as long as you have your simple rules for your simple mind I guess you'll
>> be
>> happy, regardless of how many animals you kill, eh hypocrite?
>>

> Thanks for making my point.

==================
Thanks for proving, yet again, that you cannot defend vegaism, nor refute
what I say, killer.

Now, go have that nice blood-drenched dinner, hypocrite.

>> .the lonely, put-
>> > upon voice crying out in the wilderness? Makes you want to re-examine
>> > your life and make those changes, right after you toss a brick at the
>> > self-important clod.
>> >
>> > Did you ever stop to consider that your style of discourse alienates
>> > people from *anything* you might have to say? Making personal attacks,
>> > either one-by-one or corporately, really diminishes only you.
>> >

> --
> Wayfarer
> Journeys: http://wayfarer.brinkster.net/contact.asp

Marvin Preuss

Beach Runner wrote:
> I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
> Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.

A friend of mine asked Sacouny if their shoes are vegan and they wrote
back that there is no vegan sacouny shoes

--
(o_ "We are all in the gutter,
//\ but some of us are looking at the stars."
V_/_ --Oscar Wilde
http://www.xsteadfastx.de

Beach Runner

Marvin Preuss wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
>> Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.

> A friend of mine asked Sacouny if their shoes are vegan and they wrote
> back that there is no vegan sacouny shoes

Mine says all man made materials.
Beach Runner

Marvin Preuss wrote:

> Beach Runner wrote:
>
>> I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
>> Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.

> A friend of mine asked Sacouny if their shoes are vegan and they wrote
> back that there is no vegan sacouny shoes

Mine says all man made materials.
Michael Saunby

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
. ..

> Marvin Preuss wrote:
>
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>>> I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
>>> Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.

>> A friend of mine asked Sacouny if their shoes are vegan and they wrote
>> back that there is no vegan sacouny shoes
>>

> Mine says all man made materials.

Perhaps they're tested by stamping on mice :-)

Michael Saunby

Michael Saunby

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
. ..

> Marvin Preuss wrote:
>
>> Beach Runner wrote:
>>
>>> I wear mostly Sacouny Running Shoes, which are all man made materials.
>>> Also, I have orthodics made, definately all man made materials.

>> A friend of mine asked Sacouny if their shoes are vegan and they wrote
>> back that there is no vegan sacouny shoes
>>

> Mine says all man made materials.

Perhaps they're tested by stamping on mice :-)

Michael Saunby

Beach Runner

Michael Saunby wrote:

> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> . ..
>

>>Marvin Preuss wrote:

>>>A friend of mine asked Sacouny if their shoes are vegan and they wrote
>>>back that there is no vegan sacouny shoes
>>>

>>Mine says all man made materials.

> Perhaps they're tested by stamping on mice :-)
>
> Michael Saunby

We don't know what kind of processes they use. I just happen to chose
one that is stamped all man made materials. It's impossible to be a
perfect vegan in our world, which is why I choose to use the word
veganish.

Beach Runner

Michael Saunby wrote:

> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
> . ..
>

>>Marvin Preuss wrote:

>>>A friend of mine asked Sacouny if their shoes are vegan and they wrote
>>>back that there is no vegan sacouny shoes
>>>

>>Mine says all man made materials.

> Perhaps they're tested by stamping on mice :-)
>
> Michael Saunby

We don't know what kind of processes they use. I just happen to chose
one that is stamped all man made materials. It's impossible to be a
perfect vegan in our world, which is why I choose to use the word
veganish.

Michael Saunby

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
news

> Michael Saunby wrote:
>
>> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>>Mine says all man made materials.

>> Perhaps they're tested by stamping on mice :-)
>>
>> Michael Saunby

> We don't know what kind of processes they use. I just happen to chose one
> that is stamped all man made materials. It's impossible to be a perfect
> vegan in our world, which is why I choose to use the word
> veganish.

As you wish. For me, if it looks like a vegan, and quacks like a vegan -
it's a vegan.

Michael Saunby

Michael Saunby

"Beach Runner" > wrote in message
news

> Michael Saunby wrote:
>
>> "Beach Runner" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>>Mine says all man made materials.

>> Perhaps they're tested by stamping on mice :-)
>>
>> Michael Saunby

> We don't know what kind of processes they use. I just happen to chose one
> that is stamped all man made materials. It's impossible to be a perfect
> vegan in our world, which is why I choose to use the word
> veganish.

As you wish. For me, if it looks like a vegan, and quacks like a vegan -
it's a vegan.

Michael Saunby

Scot Nery

I would like some non-leather shoes also. My favourite shoes have
thin flexible soles and don't look all futuristic and stuff. I like
simple wrestlingesk shoes. Anyone have any tips?

I always see either new balance or boots.

Here's a sentence for the people that hate helping people and just
want to argue: I've never seen a walking shoe without world crushing
petroleum crap.
Dutch

"Scot Nery" > wrote in message
om...
>I would like some non-leather shoes also. My favourite shoes have
> thin flexible soles and don't look all futuristic and stuff. I like
> simple wrestlingesk shoes. Anyone have any tips?
>
> I always see either new balance or boots.
>
> Here's a sentence for the people that hate helping people and just
> want to argue: I've never seen a walking shoe without world crushing
> petroleum crap.

If you want to permanently eliminate your impact on the planet why not just
put a bullet through your head?

Dutch

"Scot Nery" > wrote in message
om...
>I would like some non-leather shoes also. My favourite shoes have
> thin flexible soles and don't look all futuristic and stuff. I like
> simple wrestlingesk shoes. Anyone have any tips?
>
> I always see either new balance or boots.
>
> Here's a sentence for the people that hate helping people and just
> want to argue: I've never seen a walking shoe without world crushing
> petroleum crap.

If you want to permanently eliminate your impact on the planet why not just
put a bullet through your head?

Jay Santos

Wayfarer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about doubleposting, but I'm in a hurry (and very lazy).

No different from any other 'vegan', then.

> I'm a newbie U.S. vegan whose last leather shoes have finally sprung

> leak, so I'm looking for:
>
> 1. a pair of lightweight, waterproof boots, primarily for all-weather

> walking
>
> 2. a pair of waterproof walking shoes
>
> I Googled, but only found fairly expensive boots/shoes and was unable

> come up with the magical search terms to get me what I want, even on
> Froogle.
>
> I'd prefer U.S. made, but definitely not Chinese or any

likely-to-be-a-
> sweatshop sources.
>
> I have an *extremely* limited budget ($220 plus, of which only only

$120
> is, more-or-less, disposable and $130 in food stamps), so please,
> nothing outrageous.

So not only are you a lazy slug, but you're a welfare chiseler as well.
Lovely.

Sounds to me as if you should just sail on down to the Sally Ann and
get whatever they have in the bin that fits you.

Jay Santos