Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Default The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving - Article by Ryan Berry

The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving

[ Subject: The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving
[ From:
[ Date: Sunday, November 28, 2004

The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving

By Rynn Berry

http://all-creatures.org/articles/tgveg-rb.html

[Ed.] "But it's tradition," is the cry when vegetarians
wonder why killing an animal should make Thanksgiving
special. Vegetarian historian Rynn Berry begs to differ.

The story of the Pilgrim's First Thanksgiving -- and
turkey's place in it -- has been shown to be largely a
myth. It was only in 1863 that Abraham Lincoln declared
Thanksgiving to be a national holiday -- mainly as a
public relations ploy to whip up a sense of patriotism
and national unity during the Civil War. Pilgrims
themselves didn't become a part of the national
celebration until the 1890s.

The legend that one hundred odd English men and women who
landed at Plymouth Harbor feasted on turkey and all the
trimmings is a myth. When they first arrived, on November
11 1620, the settlers had so little food that they raised
the houses of the Native American inhabitants and made
off with stores of beans and corn. There was simply no
animal flesh to be had. It is likely that the first
Thanksgiving would have had to have been a vegan one,
consisting of corn and beans served on pottery that the
so-called Pilgrim Fathers stole from the so-called
Indians. If, instead of the Plymouth Pilgrims, we go back
a decade or so and look to the Jamestown colonists to
provide us with role models for Thanksgiving, we will be
even more scandalized. In her book Settling with the
Indians, Karen Kupperman tells us that the Jamestown
colonists were so lacking in farming skills (they spent
most of the time digging random holes in the hope of
finding gold) that they sank so low as to feed on corpses
that they dug up from Native American gravesites. By
rights we should be commemorating Thanksgiving by eating
corpses. On second thoughts, isn't that exactly what
we're doing?

Equal Exchange?

To be sure, the Plymouth Pilgrims were given a friendly
reception by the Native Americans: Massassoit, chief of
the Wapanoags, Samoset, chief of the Pemaquids, and the
ever faithful Squanto. Indeed, the peoples of the region
overlooked the Pilgrims' depredations and taught them how
to farm, fish, and eventually how to set up trading
posts. The reason why the Indians were so receptive to
the newcomers is that most of New England had been
depopulated by epidemics from prior contacts with
European traders and settlers. Europeans had introduced
such diseases as diphtheria, TB, streptococcus, scurvy,
cholera, typhus measles and chicken pox and smallpox.
It's estimated that, before the invasion of Europeans and
their diseases, northern America was home to as many as
20 million inhabitants from coast to coast. The diseases
ravaged the native populations from south to north
America, reducing them by as much as 90 percent.

Europeans were not very unhygienic. While Squanto tried
to get the settlers to bathe, he met with little success
because the settlers considered it un-Christian to bathe.
In cities such as London and Paris, raw sewage ran in the
streets. By contrast, most Native Americans were highly
skilled agriculturists. When Europeans arrived they found
a country that was already cleared and farmed. The
settlers simply walked into the indigenous communities
that had been depopulated by plague and took over. This
is why so many of the early New England towns have the
name attached to them-Deerfield, Richfield, and so on.
The colonists started their communities in the middle of
fields that had been cleared by the indigenous peoples

The Real First Thanksgiving?

The folklore taught in schools has it that the Pilgrims
originated the Thanksgiving festival and that they
provided the Native Americans with a feast they had never
seen. In fact, the opposite is true. In November 1621,
one year after the Pilgrims arrived in Plymouth, the
Pilgrims celebrated harvest festival jointly with the
Native Americans-a harvest festival that the native
inhabitants had been celebrating for hundreds, perhaps
thousands of years. Most of the food at this festival was
supplied by Native Americans. It was a meal that the
Pilgrims had never witnessed, consisting of native
American foodstuffs. The main meal was a sort of corn
meal mush along with nuts and fruits such as
gooseberries, strawberries, plums, cherries, cranberries
and a groundnut known as the bogg bean. Popcorn and
popcorn balls made by the Indians with maple syrup were
served as a sweet. There was a variety of breadstuffs
such as cornpone, ashcakes, and hoe cakes, made by Native
Americans from their own recipes. It is also possible
that other native foods such as pumpkin and squash were
served. In his Food Encyclopedia, James Trager tells us
that there is a live possibility that turkey wasn't even
served. It's true that the Indians provided some deer
meat, and game birds, but they were side dishes and not
the focus of the meal. So the 1620 Thanksgiving dinner
proper in 1620 was probably a totally vegetarian one,
because the Pilgrims were unable to find animal flesh.
The second Thanksgiving in 1621 was also catered by the
Native Americans. Not only was it probably turkeyless,
but it was mainly vegetarian. Doesn't it make more sense,
therefore, that instead of celebrating Thanksgiving as an
orgy of Turkey slaughter, Americans should celebrate a
vegetarian harvest festival?

Rynn Berry is the historical advisor to the North
American Vegetarian Society. He is the author of Famous
Vegetarians and Their Favorite Recipes ($15.95) and Food
for the Gods: Vegetarianism and the World's Religions
($19.95). Copies may be ordered from the author at 159
Eastern Parkway, Suite 2H, Brooklyn, NY 11238.

http://www.all-creatures.org/articles/tgveg-rb.html

Visit:

http://www.pcrm.org

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj
Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Default Corrected , was "The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving"

Jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. is so uninformed on real history as to be
taken by this nonsense:

"The legend that one hundred odd English men and women who
landed at Plymouth Harbor feasted on turkey and all the
trimmings is a myth. When they first arrived, on November
11 1620, the settlers had so little food that they raised
the houses of the Native American inhabitants and made
off with stores of beans and corn. There was simply no
animal flesh to be had. It is likely that the first
Thanksgiving would have had to have been a vegan one,"

Now let us consult what we really know from documents of the time:

'What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving',

an article in the Smithsonian magazine:

Today, the traditional Thanksgiving dinner includes any number of
dishes: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, cranberry
sauce and pumpkin pie. But if one were to create a historically
accurate feast, consisting of only those foods that historians are
certain were served at the so-called "first Thanksgiving," there would
be slimmer pickings. "Wildfowl was there. Corn, in grain form for bread
or for porridge, was there. Venison was there," says Kathleen Wall.
"These are absolutes."

Two primary sources--the only surviving documents that reference the
meal--confirm that these staples were part of the harvest celebration
shared by the Pilgrims and Wampanoag at Plymouth Colony in 1621. Edward
Winslow, an English leader who attended, wrote home to a friend:

"Our harvest being gotten in, our governor sent four men on fowling,
that so we might after a special manner rejoice together after we had
gathered the fruit of our labors. They four in one day killed as much
fowl as, with a little help beside, served the company almost a week.
At which time, amongst other recreations, we exercised our arms, many
of the Indians coming amongst us, and among the rest their greatest
king Massasoit, with some ninety men, whom for three days we
entertained and feasted, and they went out and killed five deer, which
they brought to the plantation and bestowed on our governor, and upon
the captain and others."

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> [...]

> meat, and game birds, but they were side dishes and not
> the focus of the meal. So the 1620 Thanksgiving dinner
> proper in 1620 was probably a totally vegetarian one,
> because the Pilgrims were unable to find animal flesh.
> The second Thanksgiving in 1621 was also catered by the
> Native Americans. Not only was it probably turkeyless,
> but it was mainly vegetarian. Doesn't it make more sense,
> therefore, that instead of celebrating Thanksgiving as an
> orgy of Turkey slaughter, Americans should celebrate a
> vegetarian harvest festival?
>
> Rynn Berry is the historical advisor to the North
> American Vegetarian Society. He is the author of Famous
> Vegetarians and Their Favorite Recipes ($15.95) and Food
> for the Gods: Vegetarianism and the World's Religions
> ($19.95). Copies may be ordered from the author at 159
> Eastern Parkway, Suite 2H, Brooklyn, NY 11238.

http://www.pcrm.org

Thanksgiving the Hinduism way

By Sohoni Das
SF Hindu Examiner
November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving is a way to express one's gratitude toward
our families and friends. Interestingly the Hindu
religion also expresses thanks to our families and
friends and it has its unique way to do so.

The Hindu religion worships many Gods and it also
believes in giving respect to the elders. Parents are
considered next to God. In Hindu religion the gesture of
touching one's feet to seek blessings is a way to show
one's respect and gratitude. Youngsters touch elder's
feet seeking for blessings and in return the elders bless
them for long life and success. Evidently the Hindus also
share the equal amount of respect to anyone who is old
aged. Every festival in the Hindu religion contains
rituals where youngsters express their thanks and
gratitude to the God, their parents and to the elders in
the family.

The Gita also states that in order to do good karma one
should always respect elders and be humble and grateful
to the Supreme Being. The Gita also goes on to say that
even Teachers should be shown respect and thankfulness
for their contributions in one's life. Guru, in Hindi
means Teacher, is also considered next to God. In India,
Teacher's Day is celebrated every year on 5th September
and is in the honor of the birthday of India's 2nd
President Dr.Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan. On Teacher's Day
students show their appreciation and thankfulness to the
teachers.

The Hindus also believe that the various rituals in the
Hindu festivals are a way to express thanks to the God
Almighty for his blessings. During every festival the
custom of exchanging gifts and extending invitations for
visit is also a way to show "Thanks". The Hindu festivals
are always filled with fun and excitement no matter which
God one worships or which state they belong to. Sharing
gifts and sweets among the loved ones is a way to express
out gratefulness for their friendship, help and support.

The Hindu religion has nearly 13 festivals in a year and
in each festival the Hindus say "Thanks" with fun and
enthusiasm. Dhanyavad in Hindi means "Thank You" and it
is the least one can say for all the love and blessings
showered by the God Almighty.*

More at:

http://www.examiner.com/hindu-in-san...e-hinduism-way

Footnote:

* "God" is a Judeo-Christian construct. We Hindus
consider Paramatma to be the Divine Supreme Soul. - Jai
Maharaj

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://tinyurl.com/JaiMaharaj
Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 1:15 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:
> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>
>> The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving

But *NOT* the vegetarian First Thanksgiving. At *that* feast, lots of
meat was consumed.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 12:55 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving
>
> [ Subject: The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving

No one cares about the first vegetarian Thanksgiving, circa 1968.

At the feast of the first Thanksgiving, they ate meat - lots of it.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 1:06 PM, Beans-- wrote:
> Jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. is so uninformed on real history as to be
> taken by this nonsense:
>
> "The legend that one hundred odd English men and women who
> landed at Plymouth Harbor feasted on turkey and all the
> trimmings is a myth. When they first arrived, on November
> 11 1620, the settlers had so little food that they raised
> the houses of the Native American inhabitants and made
> off with stores of beans and corn. There was simply no
> animal flesh to be had. It is likely that the first
> Thanksgiving would have had to have been a vegan one,"
>
> Now let us consult what we really know from documents of the time:
>
> 'What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving',
>
> an article in the Smithsonian magazine:
>
> Today, the traditional Thanksgiving dinner includes any number of
> dishes: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, cranberry
> sauce and pumpkin pie. But if one were to create a historically
> accurate feast, consisting of only those foods that historians are
> certain were served at the so-called "first Thanksgiving," there would
> be slimmer pickings. "Wildfowl was there. Corn, in grain form for bread
> or for porridge, was there. Venison was there," says Kathleen Wall.
> "These are absolutes."
>
> Two primary sources--the only surviving documents that reference the
> meal--confirm that these staples were part of the harvest celebration
> shared by the Pilgrims and Wampanoag at Plymouth Colony in 1621. Edward
> Winslow, an English leader who attended, wrote home to a friend:
>
> "Our harvest being gotten in, our governor sent four men on fowling,
> that so we might after a special manner rejoice together after we had
> gathered the fruit of our labors. They four in one day killed as much
> fowl as, with a little help beside, served the company almost a week.
> At which time, amongst other recreations, we exercised our arms, many
> of the Indians coming amongst us, and among the rest their greatest
> king Massasoit, with some ninety men, whom for three days we
> entertained and feasted, and they went out and killed five deer, which
> they brought to the plantation and bestowed on our governor, and upon
> the captain and others."

Exactly. Jay Stevens, the jyotishithead, is full of shit.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> [...]

> custom of exchanging gifts and extending invitations for
> visit is also a way to show "Thanks". The Hindu festivals
> are always filled with fun and excitement no matter which
> God one worships or which state they belong to. Sharing
> gifts and sweets among the loved ones is a way to express
> out gratefulness for their friendship, help and support.
>
> The Hindu religion has nearly 13 festivals in a year and
> in each festival the Hindus say "Thanks" with fun and
> enthusiasm. Dhanyavad in Hindi means "Thank You" and it
> is the least one can say for all the love and blessings
> showered by the God Almighty.*
>
> More at:

http://www.examiner.com/hindu-in-san...e-hinduism-way

> Footnote:
>
> * "God" is a Judeo-Christian construct. We Hindus
> consider Paramatma to be the Divine Supreme Soul. - Jai

A Vegetarian Thanksgiving

Hindu Press International
Hinduism Today
http://www.hinduismtoday.com
November 10, 2010

Source - www.nytimes.com

USA, November 11, 2010: Tempeh with Wild Mushrooms. Zucchini boats.
Maple-roasted brussel sprouts. Baked katalfi-wrapped goat cheese.
Pan-Seared Oatmeal with warm fruit compote.

Who needs turkey, anyway?

Deferring to a fast-growing audience of vegetarians, the New York
Times' healthy lifestyle blog, called Well, is compiling vegetarian
recipes from master chefs for thanksgiving. More recipes will be
added daily until the holiday. You can see them he

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ing.html?hp#-1

http://64.151.103.91/blogs-news/hind...ing/10625.html

More at:

Hinduism Today
http://www.hinduismtoday.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> [...]

> > Footnote:
> >
> > * "God" is a Judeo-Christian construct. We Hindus
> > consider Paramatma to be the Divine Supreme Soul. - Jai
> > Maharaj

> A Vegetarian Thanksgiving
>
> Hindu Press International
> Hinduism Today
> http://www.hinduismtoday.com
> November 10, 2010
>
> Source - www.nytimes.com
>
> USA, November 11, 2010: Tempeh with Wild Mushrooms. Zucchini boats.
> Maple-roasted brussel sprouts. Baked katalfi-wrapped goat cheese.
> Pan-Seared Oatmeal with warm fruit compote.
>
> Who needs turkey, anyway?
>
> Deferring to a fast-growing audience of vegetarians, the New York
> Times' healthy lifestyle blog, called Well, is compiling vegetarian
> recipes from master chefs for thanksgiving. More recipes will be
> added daily until the holiday. You can see them he

http://www.hinduismtoday.com

Recipes for a Gentle Thanksgiving

http://www.gentlethanksgiving.org/recipes.htm

There is no end to the delicious turkey-free alternatives
you can prepare for your vegetarian Thanksgiving feast.
Most of the wonderful foods that people enjoy at
Thanksgiving are cruelty-free!

Think lovely comfort foods like candied yams, seasoned
bread stuffing, squash, vegan mashed potatoes and gravy!
Fresh steamed vegetables and freshly baked breads! And
all those wonderful vegan desserts! Even the carcass of
the wretched bird can be replaced by an 'unturkey' (see
below) or a beautiful baked squash filled with savory
dressing.

Here is a sample menu for you to try:

MAIN COURSE:

Tofurky or Unturkey, available by mail or from your
natural foods store. (see below)

SIDE DISHES:

CANDIED SWEET POTATOES (from the International Vegetarian
Union)

6 medium-size sweet potatoes, cooked and sliced
Pan spray
Salt
1/4 cup margarine
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1 teaspoon orange juice

Arrange cooked sweet potato slices in sprayed baking
dish.
Sprinkle lightly with salt.
Melt margarine in saucepan over low heat.
Add syrup, sugar, cinnamon, and orange juice.
Simmer, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened.
Pour sauce over sweet potatoes.
Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes, basting frequently.
NOTES: Can be served topped with the vegan whipped
topping of your choice.

HARVEST WILD RICE (from the International Vegetarian
Union)

3 cups vegetable or imitation chicken broth
3 cups water
1/2 pound dried flageolets or Great Northern beans --
picked over
3/4 cup wild rice (about 4 ounces)
2 large leeks -- white and pale green parts only
tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms -- sliced thin
1/4 cup hazelnuts -- toasted and skinned and chopped
coarse
1/4 cup dried cranberries

In a large saucepan simmer broth, water, and beans,
covered, 45 minutes.
Stir in wild rice and simmer, covered, 45 minutes, or
until beans and rice are tender.
Drain rice mixture and return to pan.
Cut leeks crosswise into 1/2-inch slices and in a bowl
soak in water, agitating occasionally to dislodge any
sand.
Lift leeks out of water and drain in a colander.
In a non-stick skillet sauté leeks in oil over moderately
high heat, stirring occasionally, until almost tender.
Add mushrooms with salt to taste and cook, stirring occasionally,
2 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Stir leek mixture into rice mixture.
Reheat mixture, adding water to prevent it from sticking
to skillet, before proceeding.
Stir hazelnuts and cranberries into rice mixture and
serve warm.

WINE-GLAZED BRUSSELS SPROUTS (from Nava Atlas)

2 pounds Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup dry red wine
3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

Trim the stems from the Brussels sprouts and cut an X
into the base, about 1/4 inch deep.
In a small bowl, combine the wine, honey, and soy sauce
and stir together. Transfer to a 3-quart saucepan along
with 1/2 cup water and the Brussels sprouts. Stir
together, then cook, covered, at a gentle simmer for 15
minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally,
for another 10 minutes.
Dissolve the cornstarch in a small amount of water. Stir
into the saucepan quickly, then cook for another 5
minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a covered
casserole dish to serve.

VEGAN PUMPKIN OR SQUASH PIE (from Nava Atlas)

2 cups well-baked and mashed butternut squash or sugar
pumpkin (see Notes)
3/4 cup silken tofu (about half of a 12.3-ounce aseptic
package)
1/2 cup natural granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 teaspoon each
ground nutmeg and ginger)
9-inch good quality graham cracker or whole grain pie
crust

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the pumpkin or squash pulp in a food processor
with the remaining ingredients (except the crust, of
course). Process until velvety smooth.
Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake for 40 to 45
minutes, or until the mixture is set and the crust is
golden. Let the pie cool to room temperature. cut into 6
or 8 wedges to serve.

NOTES: To bake butternut squash or sugar pumpkin, halve
the squash or pumpkin (you need a really good knife to do
so!) and scoop out the seeds and fibers. Place the the
halves cut side up in a foil-lined, shallow baking dish
and cover tightly with more foil. Bake for 40 to 50
minutes, or until easily pierced with a knife. When cool
enough to handle, scoop out the pulp and discard the
skin. Use any leftover squash or pumpkin pulp for another
purpose. If you want to make this in a hurry, you can use
a 16-ounce can of pureed pumpkin.

MUSHROOM GRAVY (from Sonya at vegweb.com)

1/2 cup dried mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
1 cup strong broth
1 small onion, diced
2 Tbs. flour
1 1/2 Tbs. margarine

Hydrate your chopped mushrooms with about 1/2 cup boiling
water.
Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.

Melt margarine in a small-medium saucepan over medium
heat. Sauté the onion lightly. Don't brown too much. Add
the flour, and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until
frothy. Do not let it burn! Add the mushrooms and their
liquid and your vegetable broth. Cook over medium heat to
a boil, stirring constantly. After it comes to a boil,
turn the heat down a bit and let thicken.

Serves: 6 - Preparation time: 10-15 minutes

For more recipes, please consult:

http://www.ivu.org/recipes/holiday/
http://www.vegetarian1.net/tgiving.html
http://www.vegweb.com/misc/thanksgiving.shtml
http://www.vegkitchen.com/thanksgiving.html
http://www.peta.org/feat/canada/
http://www.vegsource.com/thanks.htm
http://www.vegetarian.about.com
http://www.dietforthenewage.com/html...ving_menu.html

For delicious turkey-alternatives, please visit:

http://www.tofurky.com
http://www.freshtofu.com/tofu_turkey.html
http://wwwwww.nowandzen.net/products.html

End of forwarded message

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj
Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Default Hissy fit, was "The First Vegetarian Thanksgiving"

You have noticed that jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. has taken a hissy fit
about his post.

When corrected by authenic historical documentation about the event and
abundant use of animal products he takes his usual childish hissy fit.

Seldom will you see him reply to responses to one of his posts. Being
apparently a few quarts short of a gallon he only reposts mindlessly the
original. He has few if any original thoughts of his own and is easly
misled by others. This is like a child trying to shout down something he
doesn't like to hear.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 2:10 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Lots of meat was eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:08 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Venison and turkey were eaten at the first Thanksgiving; also fish.
Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 2:49 PM, Fit-- wrote:
> You have noticed that jay stevens,aka dr. jai etc. has taken a hissy fit
> about his post.
>
> When corrected by authenic historical documentation about the event and
> abundant use of animal products he takes his usual childish hissy fit.

He's a prissy little bitch.

> Seldom will you see him reply to responses to one of his posts. Being
> apparently a few quarts short of a gallon he only reposts mindlessly the
> original. He has few if any original thoughts of his own and is easly
> misled by others. This is like a child trying to shout down something he
> doesn't like to hear.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 1:28 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Venison and turkey were eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:42 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

The Pilgrims ate as much turkey and venison as they could at the first
Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:52 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Copious amounts of meat were consumed at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 5:17 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Turkey and venison and fish were consumed by all the Pilgrims and
Indians at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 5:47 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [jyotishithead bullshit snipped]

Meat - lots of it - was eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Stevens, you **** - you can't win. I always win.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 8:32 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [lies]

The Pilgrims ate copious amounts of meat and fowl at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 1:28 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Venison and turkey were eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:42 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

The Pilgrims ate as much turkey and venison as they could at the first
Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:52 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Copious amounts of meat were consumed at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 5:17 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Turkey and venison and fish were consumed by all the Pilgrims and
Indians at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 5:47 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [jyotishithead bullshit snipped]

Meat - lots of it - was eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Stevens, you **** - you can't win. I always win.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 8:32 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [lies]

The Pilgrims ate copious amounts of meat and fowl at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:52 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Copious amounts of meat were consumed at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 5:17 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Turkey and venison and fish were consumed by all the Pilgrims and
Indians at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 5:17 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Turkey and venison and fish were consumed by all the Pilgrims and
Indians at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 5:47 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [jyotishithead bullshit snipped]

Meat - lots of it - was eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Stevens, you **** - you can't win. I always win.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 5:47 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [jyotishithead bullshit snipped]

Meat - lots of it - was eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Stevens, you **** - you can't win. I always win.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 8:32 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [lies]

The Pilgrims ate copious amounts of meat and fowl at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 8:32 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [lies]

The Pilgrims ate copious amounts of meat and fowl at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 8:32 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [lies]

The Pilgrims ate copious amounts of meat and fowl at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 8:32 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [lies]

The Pilgrims ate copious amounts of meat and fowl at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 1:28 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Venison and turkey were eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 1:28 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Venison and turkey were eaten at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:42 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

The Pilgrims ate as much turkey and venison as they could at the first
Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:42 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

The Pilgrims ate as much turkey and venison as they could at the first
Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

On 9/30/2013 3:52 PM, Jay Stevens - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a
jyotishithead and coward - lied:

> [bullshit]

Copious amounts of meat were consumed at the first Thanksgiving.

Posted to alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.indian,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa