FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   vegan diet recommendations? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/425296-re-vegan-diet-recommendations.html)

Dale[_2_] 17-08-2013 12:10 AM

On 08/16/2013 03:54 AM, Dale wrote:
> I am currently a vegetarian that drinks milk and infrequently eats eggs
>
> I was told chicken eggs are non-fertile
>
> my current diet is
>
> meal 1) whey protein/nut bar and milk and orange juice
> meal 2) two whole wheat cheese sandwiches
> meal 3) a can of corn or peas
> meal 4) a roll of crackers and orange juice
>
> I would like to go vegan, since I seem to think that milk and cheese
> might come from animals that are mistreated all their lives
>
> I can replace the milk with soy milk
>
> I don't have to eat the eggs
>
> I have various leather things, a belt and shoes are the only ones I am
> using and will replace them with non-leather when I need to with cheap
> non-leather alternatives
>
> but I need something to replace the cheese with that I don't have to
> cook and is inexpensive, as you see my diet is cheap, and that I can
> find in a regular USA grocery store, I don't want to travel far due to
> gas costs
>
> once in awhile I treat myself to MacDonald's fries, pizza or vegetarian
> Chinese, I like Indian but it is more expensive and further away
>
> I can do without the pizza since it has cheese
>
> any ideas?

well this is what I did

got soy milk

replaced cheese with a pure peanut butter

all at one of my local grocers

I'm now going to have to check my protein bars to see whether they use
soy or whey protein, pause, looks like they have whey

so I'll have to do something there

I hear the milk and cheese products in my area (Schneider's and
Turner's) treat the cows well

don't know about an occasional pizza

don't know about an occasional egg McMuffin

don't know whether it is better karma to throw out what I currently have
or finish it up, any ideas?

--
Dale

Joel[_6_] 17-08-2013 12:16 AM

Dale > wrote:

>don't know whether it is better karma to throw out what I currently have
>or finish it up, any ideas?

I would think it'd just be wasteful to throw it out.

--
Joel Crump

Olrik[_3_] 17-08-2013 05:24 AM

Le 2013-08-16 19:10, Dale a écrit :
> On 08/16/2013 03:54 AM, Dale wrote:
>> I am currently a vegetarian that drinks milk and infrequently eats eggs
>>
>> I was told chicken eggs are non-fertile
>>
>> my current diet is
>>
>> meal 1) whey protein/nut bar and milk and orange juice
>> meal 2) two whole wheat cheese sandwiches
>> meal 3) a can of corn or peas
>> meal 4) a roll of crackers and orange juice
>>
>> I would like to go vegan, since I seem to think that milk and cheese
>> might come from animals that are mistreated all their lives
>>
>> I can replace the milk with soy milk
>>
>> I don't have to eat the eggs
>>
>> I have various leather things, a belt and shoes are the only ones I am
>> using and will replace them with non-leather when I need to with cheap
>> non-leather alternatives
>>
>> but I need something to replace the cheese with that I don't have to
>> cook and is inexpensive, as you see my diet is cheap, and that I can
>> find in a regular USA grocery store, I don't want to travel far due to
>> gas costs
>>
>> once in awhile I treat myself to MacDonald's fries, pizza or vegetarian
>> Chinese, I like Indian but it is more expensive and further away
>>
>> I can do without the pizza since it has cheese
>>
>> any ideas?
>>

> well this is what I did
>
> got soy milk
>
> replaced cheese with a pure peanut butter
>
> all at one of my local grocers
>
> I'm now going to have to check my protein bars to see whether they use
> soy or whey protein, pause, looks like they have whey
>
> so I'll have to do something there
>
> I hear the milk and cheese products in my area (Schneider's and
> Turner's) treat the cows well
>
> don't know about an occasional pizza
>
> don't know about an occasional egg McMuffin
>
> don't know whether it is better karma to throw out what I currently have
> or finish it up, any ideas?

Humans are omnivores. Eat what you want. Don't fuss over it.

In the immortal words of Michael Pollan:

“Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”

--
Olrik
aa #1981

Dakota 17-08-2013 05:43 AM

On 8/16/2013 11:24 PM, Olrik wrote:
> Le 2013-08-16 19:10, Dale a écrit :
>> On 08/16/2013 03:54 AM, Dale wrote:
>>> I am currently a vegetarian that drinks milk and infrequently eats
>>> eggs
>>>
>>> I was told chicken eggs are non-fertile
>>>
>>> my current diet is
>>>
>>> meal 1) whey protein/nut bar and milk and orange juice
>>> meal 2) two whole wheat cheese sandwiches
>>> meal 3) a can of corn or peas
>>> meal 4) a roll of crackers and orange juice
>>>
>>> I would like to go vegan, since I seem to think that milk and cheese
>>> might come from animals that are mistreated all their lives
>>>
>>> I can replace the milk with soy milk
>>>
>>> I don't have to eat the eggs
>>>
>>> I have various leather things, a belt and shoes are the only ones I am
>>> using and will replace them with non-leather when I need to with cheap
>>> non-leather alternatives
>>>
>>> but I need something to replace the cheese with that I don't have to
>>> cook and is inexpensive, as you see my diet is cheap, and that I can
>>> find in a regular USA grocery store, I don't want to travel far due to
>>> gas costs
>>>
>>> once in awhile I treat myself to MacDonald's fries, pizza or
>>> vegetarian
>>> Chinese, I like Indian but it is more expensive and further away
>>>
>>> I can do without the pizza since it has cheese
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>

>> well this is what I did
>>
>> got soy milk
>>
>> replaced cheese with a pure peanut butter
>>
>> all at one of my local grocers
>>
>> I'm now going to have to check my protein bars to see whether they use
>> soy or whey protein, pause, looks like they have whey
>>
>> so I'll have to do something there
>>
>> I hear the milk and cheese products in my area (Schneider's and
>> Turner's) treat the cows well
>>
>> don't know about an occasional pizza
>>
>> don't know about an occasional egg McMuffin
>>
>> don't know whether it is better karma to throw out what I currently
>> have
>> or finish it up, any ideas?

> Humans are omnivores. Eat what you want. Don't fuss over it.
>
> In the immortal words of Michael Pollan:
>
> “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”

Rice and beans on Monday. Beans and rice on Tuesday. Repeat.

Olrik[_3_] 17-08-2013 05:53 AM

Le 2013-08-17 00:43, Dakota a écrit :
> On 8/16/2013 11:24 PM, Olrik wrote:

>>> well this is what I did
>>>
>>> got soy milk
>>>
>>> replaced cheese with a pure peanut butter
>>>
>>> all at one of my local grocers
>>>
>>> I'm now going to have to check my protein bars to see whether they use
>>> soy or whey protein, pause, looks like they have whey
>>>
>>> so I'll have to do something there
>>>
>>> I hear the milk and cheese products in my area (Schneider's and
>>> Turner's) treat the cows well
>>>
>>> don't know about an occasional pizza
>>>
>>> don't know about an occasional egg McMuffin
>>>
>>> don't know whether it is better karma to throw out what I currently
>>> have
>>> or finish it up, any ideas?

>> Humans are omnivores. Eat what you want. Don't fuss over it.
>>
>> In the immortal words of Michael Pollan:
>>
>> “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
>>

> Rice and beans on Monday. Beans and rice on Tuesday. Repeat.

Have a day with steak or bacon.

Bobbie Sellers 17-08-2013 06:39 AM

On 08/16/2013 09:24 PM, Olrik wrote:
> Le 2013-08-16 19:10, Dale a écrit :
>> On 08/16/2013 03:54 AM, Dale wrote:
>>> I am currently a vegetarian that drinks milk and infrequently eats eggs
>>>
>>> I was told chicken eggs are non-fertile
>>>
>>> my current diet is
>>>
>>> meal 1) whey protein/nut bar and milk and orange juice
>>> meal 2) two whole wheat cheese sandwiches
>>> meal 3) a can of corn or peas
>>> meal 4) a roll of crackers and orange juice
>>>
>>> I would like to go vegan, since I seem to think that milk and cheese
>>> might come from animals that are mistreated all their lives
>>>
>>> I can replace the milk with soy milk
>>>
>>> I don't have to eat the eggs
>>>
>>> I have various leather things, a belt and shoes are the only ones I am
>>> using and will replace them with non-leather when I need to with cheap
>>> non-leather alternatives
>>>
>>> but I need something to replace the cheese with that I don't have to
>>> cook and is inexpensive, as you see my diet is cheap, and that I can
>>> find in a regular USA grocery store, I don't want to travel far due to
>>> gas costs
>>>
>>> once in awhile I treat myself to MacDonald's fries, pizza or vegetarian
>>> Chinese, I like Indian but it is more expensive and further away
>>>
>>> I can do without the pizza since it has cheese
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>

>> well this is what I did
>>
>> got soy milk
>>
>> replaced cheese with a pure peanut butter
>>
>> all at one of my local grocers
>>
>> I'm now going to have to check my protein bars to see whether they use
>> soy or whey protein, pause, looks like they have whey
>>
>> so I'll have to do something there
>>
>> I hear the milk and cheese products in my area (Schneider's and
>> Turner's) treat the cows well
>>
>> don't know about an occasional pizza
>>
>> don't know about an occasional egg McMuffin
>>
>> don't know whether it is better karma to throw out what I currently have
>> or finish it up, any ideas?

> Humans are omnivores. Eat what you want. Don't fuss over it.
>
> In the immortal words of Michael Pollan:
>
> “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”

These anti-lacto-ovarian vegetarians make the error of assuming
that all egg producers are treating their animals as badly as the
things they see portrayed on TV to try to discourage the ingestion of
meat.
Most of the time farmers treat their animals far better than
the sort of abuse depicted..
If I try to eat a vegetarian diet I get sick so what works
for some folks does not work for all individuals. Oh and by the way
I was raised by family tradition (stronger than religion) to eat
animal protein. My family had two farms successively and I did chores
like bringing the cows back to the barn to be milked, and collecting
eggs from the chickens, watched my mom butcher numerous rabbits which
we also skinned for the cash sales.
I eat animal protein now than every before in my
life except for a period just before I came down with a chronic
illness when I tried to eat soy products.
Now-a-days I use hemp milk and coconut milk products.
I go thru about a dozen eggs per month, several pounds
of chicken meat and several pounds of turkey meat with a bit
of braised pork or beef when I can afford it. I got to
76 years of age last week. Despite my chronic illness and
my poverty I fear I will last another 10 years or more.
My food allergies and sensitivities include animal milk products,
wheat, citrus fruit and almonds.

bon appetite'

bliss

SkyEyes 17-08-2013 08:30 AM

Olrik > wrote in :

> Le 2013-08-17 00:43, Dakota a écrit :

>>> Humans are omnivores. Eat what you want. Don't fuss over it.
>>>
>>> In the immortal words of Michael Pollan:
>>>
>>> “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
>>>

>> Rice and beans on Monday. Beans and rice on Tuesday. Repeat.

> Have a day with steak or bacon.

Have a better day with steak *and* bacon.

--
Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34 and A+ atheist
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox

Andrew[_8_] 17-08-2013 10:55 AM

"SkyEyes" wrote in message ...
> Olrik wrote in :

>>> Rice and beans on Monday. Beans and rice on Tuesday. Repeat.

>> Have a day with steak or bacon.

> Have a better day with steak *and* bacon.

In many cases the very 'first' symptom of a heart attack
is, *sudden death*....as some customers of a restaurant
called the "Heart Grill" have experienced.

http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/he...tack-grill.htm

Olrik[_3_] 17-08-2013 04:13 PM

Le 2013-08-17 05:55, Andrew a écrit :
> "SkyEyes" wrote in message ...
>> Olrik wrote in :

>>> Have a day with steak or bacon.

>> Have a better day with steak *and* bacon.

> In many cases the very 'first' symptom of a heart attack
> is, *sudden death*....as some customers of a restaurant
> called the "Heart Grill" have experienced.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/he...tack-grill.htm

Human death rate: 100%
Vegetarian death rate: 100%
Vegan death rate: 100%
Meat-lover death rate: 100%

Chose wisely.

bigwheel 18-08-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale[_2_] (Post 1857942)
[...]

Menfolks should not eat Soy products since it has natural estrogen which can make a male grow breastes and such stuff. Try almond and or rice milk for a sub. Best bet for you would be to replace meal 1 with all the fresh fruit you might like. They will knock hunger till way past noon..where meal 2 should be a raw dark leafy green salad combined with any other raw veggies you might like. Salad dressed with XXX virgin Greek Olive Oil and Braggs raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. If still hungry have a bowl of pinto beans with cornbread. Repeat for meal 3. Allow yourself one pig out day per week to eat anything you want. If your really going to plumb swear off meat an eggs you will need some Vitamin B supplementation. B's are scarce as hens teeth in the plant kingdom. This place is very helpful for raw vegans. Best of fortunes on the program.
Living and Raw Foods Community Support

Nutricionizam byMarinela 11-09-2013 02:13 PM

Dana subota, 17. kolovoza 2013. 01:10:38 UTC+2, korisnik Dale napisao je:
> On 08/16/2013 03:54 AM, Dale wrote:
>
> > I am currently a vegetarian that drinks milk and infrequently eats eggs

> > I was told chicken eggs are non-fertile

> > my current diet is

> > meal 1) whey protein/nut bar and milk and orange juice

> > meal 2) two whole wheat cheese sandwiches

> > meal 3) a can of corn or peas

> > meal 4) a roll of crackers and orange juice

> > I would like to go vegan, since I seem to think that milk and cheese

> > might come from animals that are mistreated all their lives

> > I can replace the milk with soy milk

> > I don't have to eat the eggs

> > I have various leather things, a belt and shoes are the only ones I am

> > using and will replace them with non-leather when I need to with cheap

> > non-leather alternatives

> > but I need something to replace the cheese with that I don't have to

> > cook and is inexpensive, as you see my diet is cheap, and that I can

> > find in a regular USA grocery store, I don't want to travel far due to

> > gas costs

> > once in awhile I treat myself to MacDonald's fries, pizza or vegetarian

> > Chinese, I like Indian but it is more expensive and further away

> > I can do without the pizza since it has cheese

> > any ideas?

> well this is what I did
>

> got soy milk
>

> replaced cheese with a pure peanut butter
>

> all at one of my local grocers
>

> I'm now going to have to check my protein bars to see whether they use
>
> soy or whey protein, pause, looks like they have whey
>

> so I'll have to do something there
>

> I hear the milk and cheese products in my area (Schneider's and
>
> Turner's) treat the cows well
>

> don't know about an occasional pizza
>

> don't know about an occasional egg McMuffin
>

> don't know whether it is better karma to throw out what I currently have
>
> or finish it up, any ideas?
>

> --
>
> Dale

nice!

Nutricionizam byMarinela 11-09-2013 02:14 PM