Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Default Bill Clinton Explains Why He Became a Vegan

Bill Clinton Explains Why He Became a Vegan

The 42nd president of the United States explains how we
can — and for our health must — learn to love eating
vegetables, too

By Joe Conason
AARP The Magazine
August-September 2013

Bill Clinton shows off an all-veggie lunch spread
representing the foods he now eats, and enjoys. — Ben
Baker

When Bill Clinton invited me to lunch in May, I knew
better than to expect fried catfish or barbecued ribs.
The former president is now a devoted vegan, meaning no
meat, fish or dairy products, and he has pursued a
healthier way of life for more than three years. While I
figured our lunch menu might be bland, that would be a
small price to pay for private time with a world leader
who is anything but.

As it happens, the fit, trim and sharply attired Clinton,
whom I've come to know well during more than two decades
covering his career, is his usual gregarious, charismatic
self. But a bland menu? Not even close.

Get Ready, Get Set — Go Vegan!
Hummus with raw vegetable batons.*— Kat Teutsch

Dine like Bill Clinton does. Check out great recipes for
hummus, quinoa, beets, cauliflower, snow peas, beans and
more.

As we enter a private room overlooking Manhattan's busy
Rockefeller Center, I'm struck with a dazzling
kaleidoscope of a dozen delicious dishes: including
roasted cauliflower and cherry tomatoes, spiced and
herbed quinoa with green onions, shredded red beets in
vinaigrette, garlicky hummus with raw vegetable batons,
Asian-inspired snow pea salad, an assortment of fresh
roasted nuts, plates of sliced melon and strawberries,
and rich, toothsome gigante beans tossed with onions in
extra-virgin olive oil.

The luncheon banquet gives a whole new meaning to the
dreaded cliché "Eat your vegetables." And this is exactly
what Clinton, who is taking on America's obesity epidemic
with the same passionate commitment he brought to the
presidency, wants.

As I gawk, he smiles. "This looks pretty good, doesn't
it?" Clinton asks. It looks better than good. We sit down
and with great relish start passing plates back and
forth. He favored the quinoa; I loved the roasted
cauliflower and snow peas; and we both liked the beans.

The road to a healthier diet

At age 66, Bill Clinton still travels and works at a pace
that completely exhausts staffers who are two or three
decades younger. Yet, while coping with heart disease and
the usual complaints of aging, he has managed to change
his diet drastically, lose more than 30 pounds and keep
the weight off. If he can do all that, then maybe there's
hope for the rest of us baby boomers — and Americans of
all ages — whose eating and exercise habits (and medical
expenses) worry him a lot

Continues at:

http://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-l...ton-vegan.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

On 8/11/2013 12:07 AM, Jay Stevens, the jyotishithead - not a doctor,
not a Hindoo, just a fraud - lied:

> Bill Clinton Explains Why He Became a Vegan
>
> [bullshit snipped]

Jay Stevens *doesn't* explain why he is afraid - terrified - to confront
directly those who challenge his bullshit diet dogma.

Jay Stevens, the jyotishithead, is not a "doctor", is not Indian, is not
a Hindoo, and knows nothing scientific or factual about diet. He's an
asshole.
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> [...]
> with the same passionate commitment he brought to the
> presidency, wants.
>
> As I gawk, he smiles. "This looks pretty good, doesn't
> it?" Clinton asks. It looks better than good. We sit down
> and with great relish start passing plates back and
> forth. He favored the quinoa; I loved the roasted
> cauliflower and snow peas; and we both liked the beans.
>
> The road to a healthier diet
>
> At age 66, Bill Clinton still travels and works at a pace
> that completely exhausts staffers who are two or three
> decades younger. Yet, while coping with heart disease and
> the usual complaints of aging, he has managed to change
> his diet drastically, lose more than 30 pounds and keep
> the weight off. If he can do all that, then maybe there's
> hope for the rest of us baby boomers — and Americans of
> all ages — whose eating and exercise habits (and medical

Forwarded post:

Eating healthy is easy if you can afford the vegetables
and organic foods. I have to watch the ads and catch
stuff on sale. It is also easy when you have a cook, at
times I just don't have the energy to cook. It all goes
back to how much you can afford. If I had the money to
buy the right foods at any time and someone to cook for
me that would be great!

Posted by rea5040

End of forwarded post.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion

Default Jay Stevens *doesn't* explain why he is afraid - terrified -to confront directly those who challenge his bullshit diet dogma

On 8/11/2013 9:59 AM, Jay Stevens, the jyotishithead - not a doctor, not
a Hindoo, just a fraud - lied:
> Jay Stevens, the jyotishithead - not a doctor, not a Hindoo, just a fraud - lied:
>>
>> [jyotishithead's lies erased]

Jay Stevens *doesn't* explain why he is afraid - terrified - to confront
directly those who challenge his bullshit diet dogma.

Jay Stevens, the jyotishithead, is not a "doctor", is not Indian, is not
a Hindoo, and knows nothing scientific or factual about diet. He's an
asshole.

Jay Stevens is a flim-flam artist. He claims to be an "astrologer", but
in fact, he just defrauds people.