Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-08-2013, 09:55 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got toexperience life"

On 8/8/2013 12:54 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/7/2013 12:12 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/7/2013 10:45 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/6/2013 4:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote: On 8/6/2013 3:45 PM,
****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid, illiterate
cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and doing nothing
but wasting time ever since, lied:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a
container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in
order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story




By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a little
flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life:
It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project,
years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in
London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food
crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the
Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press
reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then
billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never "get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans" won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life"
will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time

No, that's a lie, *Goo*. You have ****ed and moaned every step of the
way about anything that might reduce the number of livestock animals
"getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it in your shitty
cracker way or writing.

Your're


chortle

lying again since


I'm not lying, *Gloo*. You have *always* and *only* been ****ing your
panties over the fact that "vegans" want to prevent "future farm
animals" from existing.


animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better
way to put it


Existence, *Gloo*. That's all it is. Coming into existence *is* what
you mean. You should just say it.


No Goober.


*YES*, *Gloo*. When you talk about animals "getting to experience
life", all you're talking about is their existence...so that you can
consume them. That's the only thing that's important to you. Everything
you say about something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just your attempt at a bullshit smokescreen.

Products, *Gloo* - products made from animals - that's all you care
about. Proved, settled, not in rational dispute.


  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-08-2013, 01:10 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,652
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got to experience life"

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:55:36 -0700, Goo wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:54:49 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:12:42 -0700, Goo idiotically wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:45:46 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:47:47 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:45:01 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story


By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a little flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life: It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project, years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never "get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans" won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life" will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time Goob and I've mentioned the eventual
situation you presented an example of too. But that doesn't prevent millions of
animals from benefitting from lives of positive value NOW, in the past, and in
the foreseeable future Goots. And nothing prevents me or anyone else who
actually can appreciate decent AW over elimination from appreciating the fact
that they do, have and will, Goo. A similar example you MIGHT but probably can't
relate to is with horses Goob. There are a lot less horses now than there would
be if cars still had not been invented. That doesn't matter Goober, but it would
matter if they DID exist as it did matter when they did exist. We, so far, are
in a similar situation with food animals...they exist now but in the future they
eventually will no longer. We are in a position to appreciate their lives more
than the lives of working horses though, if having to work as the horses did
reduced the quality of life for them so that a higher percentage of their lives
were of negative value because of the labor they had to perform. Of course each
situation would be different Goo and some horses no doubt enjoyed their work and
having a purpose, while others were overworked and suffered from the abuse. But
everything like that is necessarily over the heads of people who can't
appreciate when any domestic animals have lives of positive value:

"I don't believe the distinction between "lives of positive value" and
"lives of negative value" means anything." - Rupert

"There is no "consideration" to be given." - Goo

much MUCH less can they/YOU appreciate a distinction between when they do and
when they do not, Goo.

No, that's a lie

Your're lying again since you can't appreciate a distinction Goob. You can't
even appreciate that many domestic animals do experience lives of positive value
Goober, so you certainly can't comprehend any sort of distinction between when
they do and when they don't.
...
animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better way to put it
Goots, nor even anywhere near as good. That has been proven by you and is not in
dispute, Goo.

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all


No Goober. Rocks exist but don't experience life, and it seems even someone
as remarkably stupid as you should be able to appreciate that obvious fact Goob.
But since you haven't been able to learn to appreciate that obvious example,
here are some more to see if you can ever learn to appreciate the stupidity of
your suggestion:

trains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
planes exist but don't experience life, Goo.
automobiles exist but don't experience life, Goo.
mountains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
rivers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
iceburgs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toasters exist but don't experience life, Goo.
phones exist but don't experience life, Goo.
dead people exist but don't experience life, Goo.
bathtubs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
yoyos exist but don't experience life, Goo.
microwave ovens exist but don't experience life, Goo.
sox exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toilets exist but don't experience life, Goo.
light bulbs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hamburgers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hot dogs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
etc............................................. ........., Goo.


something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just . bullshit


To things that simply exist it is Goots. For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life it's more than "just . bullshit" to them, Goo.
  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-08-2013, 04:57 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got toexperience life"

On 8/12/2013 5:10 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/8/2013 1:55 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/8/2013 12:54 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/7/2013 12:12 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/7/2013 10:45 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/6/2013 4:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote: On 8/6/2013 3:45 PM,
****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid, illiterate
cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and doing
nothing
but wasting time ever since, lied:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a
container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in
order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story





By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a
little
flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of
meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life:
It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project,
years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in
London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef
made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food
crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the
Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them
with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of
meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press
reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less
environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then
billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never "get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans" won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life"
will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time

No, that's a lie, *Goo*. You have ****ed and moaned every step of the
way about anything that might reduce the number of livestock animals
"getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it in your
shitty
cracker way or writing.

Your're

chortle

lying again since

I'm not lying, *Gloo*. You have *always* and *only* been ****ing your
panties over the fact that "vegans" want to prevent "future farm
animals" from existing.

animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better
way to put it

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all it is. Coming into existence *is* what
you mean. You should just say it.

No Goober.


*YES*, *Gloo*. When you talk about animals "getting to experience
life", all you're talking about is their existence...so that you can
consume them. That's the only thing that's important to you. Everything
you say about something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just your attempt at a bullshit smokescreen.


For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life


"getting to experience life" is not a benefit - proved beyond dispute.

  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-08-2013, 07:51 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got toexperience life"

On 8/12/2013 5:10 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/8/2013 1:55 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/8/2013 12:54 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/7/2013 12:12 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/7/2013 10:45 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/6/2013 4:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote: On 8/6/2013 3:45 PM,
****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid, illiterate
cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and doing
nothing
but wasting time ever since, lied:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a
container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in
order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story





By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a
little
flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of
meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life:
It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project,
years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in
London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef
made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food
crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the
Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them
with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of
meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press
reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less
environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then
billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never "get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans" won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life"
will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time

No, that's a lie, *Goo*. You have ****ed and moaned every step of the
way about anything that might reduce the number of livestock animals
"getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it in your
shitty
cracker way or writing.

Your're

chortle

lying again since

I'm not lying, *Gloo*. You have *always* and *only* been ****ing your
panties over the fact that "vegans" want to prevent "future farm
animals" from existing.

animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better
way to put it

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all it is. Coming into existence *is* what
you mean. You should just say it.

No Goober.


*YES*, *Gloo*. When you talk about animals "getting to experience
life", all you're talking about is their existence...so that you can
consume them. That's the only thing that's important to you. Everything
you say about something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just your attempt at a bullshit smokescreen.


For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life


"getting to experience life" is not a benefit - proved beyond dispute.

  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-08-2013, 10:23 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,652
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got to experience life"

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:57:51 -0700, Goo wrote:
..
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:10:26 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:55:36 -0700, Goo wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:54:49 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:12:42 -0700, Goo idiotically wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:45:46 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:47:47 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:45:01 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story


By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a little flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life: It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project, years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never "get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans" won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life" will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time Goob and I've mentioned the eventual
situation you presented an example of too. But that doesn't prevent millions of
animals from benefitting from lives of positive value NOW, in the past, and in
the foreseeable future Goots. And nothing prevents me or anyone else who
actually can appreciate decent AW over elimination from appreciating the fact
that they do, have and will, Goo. A similar example you MIGHT but probably can't
relate to is with horses Goob. There are a lot less horses now than there would
be if cars still had not been invented. That doesn't matter Goober, but it would
matter if they DID exist as it did matter when they did exist. We, so far, are
in a similar situation with food animals...they exist now but in the future they
eventually will no longer. We are in a position to appreciate their lives more
than the lives of working horses though, if having to work as the horses did
reduced the quality of life for them so that a higher percentage of their lives
were of negative value because of the labor they had to perform. Of course each
situation would be different Goo and some horses no doubt enjoyed their work and
having a purpose, while others were overworked and suffered from the abuse. But
everything like that is necessarily over the heads of people who can't
appreciate when any domestic animals have lives of positive value:

"I don't believe the distinction between "lives of positive value" and
"lives of negative value" means anything." - Rupert

"There is no "consideration" to be given." - Goo

much MUCH less can they/YOU appreciate a distinction between when they do and
when they do not, Goo.

No, that's a lie

Your're lying again since you can't appreciate a distinction Goob. You can't
even appreciate that many domestic animals do experience lives of positive value
Goober, so you certainly can't comprehend any sort of distinction between when
they do and when they don't.
...
animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better way to put it
Goots, nor even anywhere near as good. That has been proven by you and is not in
dispute, Goo.

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all

No Goober. Rocks exist but don't experience life, and it seems even someone
as remarkably stupid as you should be able to appreciate that obvious fact Goob.
But since you haven't been able to learn to appreciate that obvious example,
here are some more to see if you can ever learn to appreciate the stupidity of
your suggestion:

trains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
planes exist but don't experience life, Goo.
automobiles exist but don't experience life, Goo.
mountains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
rivers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
iceburgs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toasters exist but don't experience life, Goo.
phones exist but don't experience life, Goo.
dead people exist but don't experience life, Goo.
bathtubs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
yoyos exist but don't experience life, Goo.
microwave ovens exist but don't experience life, Goo.
sox exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toilets exist but don't experience life, Goo.
light bulbs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hamburgers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hot dogs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
etc........................................... ..........., Goo.

something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just . bullshit


To things that simply exist it is Goots. For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life it's more than "just . bullshit" to them, Goo.


"getting to experience life" is not a benefit


It clearly appears to be, and you can't even pretend to try to explain what
you want people to think prevents it from being one Goob. You can't, you have
consistently proven that you can't, and that is not in dispute, Goo.


  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-08-2013, 10:47 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got toexperience life"

On 8/15/2013 2:23 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/12/2013 8:57 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/12/2013 5:10 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/8/2013 1:55 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/8/2013 12:54 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/7/2013 12:12 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/7/2013 10:45 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/6/2013 4:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote: On 8/6/2013 3:45 PM,
****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid, illiterate
cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and doing
nothing
but wasting time ever since, lied:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a
container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in
order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story






By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a
little
flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of
meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life:
It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project,
years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in
London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef
made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food
crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the
Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them
with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of
meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional
burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press
reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the
way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less
environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then
billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never
"get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans"
won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life"
will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time

No, that's a lie, *Goo*. You have ****ed and moaned every step
of the
way about anything that might reduce the number of livestock animals
"getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it in your
shitty
cracker way or writing.

Your're

chortle

lying again since

I'm not lying, *Gloo*. You have *always* and *only* been ****ing your
panties over the fact that "vegans" want to prevent "future farm
animals" from existing.

animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better
way to put it

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all it is. Coming into existence *is* what
you mean. You should just say it.

No Goober.

*YES*, *Gloo*. When you talk about animals "getting to experience
life", all you're talking about is their existence...so that you can
consume them. That's the only thing that's important to you. Everything
you say about something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just your attempt at a bullshit smokescreen.

For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life


"getting to experience life" is not a benefit - proved beyond dispute.


It clearly appears to be,


No, and it isn't. It doesn't appear to be, and it isn't. Coming into
existence - "getting to experience life", in your wretchedly shitty
illiterate cracker expression - is not a benefit. It isn't, because it
doesn't improve welfare.

  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 19-08-2013, 11:45 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,652
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got to experience life"

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:47:22 -0700, Goo agreed:

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:23:52 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:57:51 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:10:26 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:55:36 -0700, Goo wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:54:49 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:12:42 -0700, Goo idiotically wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:45:46 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:47:47 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:45:01 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story


By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a little flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life: It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project, years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never "get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans" won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life" will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time Goob and I've mentioned the eventual
situation you presented an example of too. But that doesn't prevent millions of
animals from benefitting from lives of positive value NOW, in the past, and in
the foreseeable future Goots. And nothing prevents me or anyone else who
actually can appreciate decent AW over elimination from appreciating the fact
that they do, have and will, Goo. A similar example you MIGHT but probably can't
relate to is with horses Goob. There are a lot less horses now than there would
be if cars still had not been invented. That doesn't matter Goober, but it would
matter if they DID exist as it did matter when they did exist. We, so far, are
in a similar situation with food animals...they exist now but in the future they
eventually will no longer. We are in a position to appreciate their lives more
than the lives of working horses though, if having to work as the horses did
reduced the quality of life for them so that a higher percentage of their lives
were of negative value because of the labor they had to perform. Of course each
situation would be different Goo and some horses no doubt enjoyed their work and
having a purpose, while others were overworked and suffered from the abuse. But
everything like that is necessarily over the heads of people who can't
appreciate when any domestic animals have lives of positive value:

"I don't believe the distinction between "lives of positive value" and
"lives of negative value" means anything." - Rupert

"There is no "consideration" to be given." - Goo

much MUCH less can they/YOU appreciate a distinction between when they do and
when they do not, Goo.

No, that's a lie

Your're lying again since you can't appreciate a distinction Goob. You can't
even appreciate that many domestic animals do experience lives of positive value
Goober, so you certainly can't comprehend any sort of distinction between when
they do and when they don't.
...
animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better way to put it
Goots, nor even anywhere near as good. That has been proven by you and is not in
dispute, Goo.

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all

No Goober. Rocks exist but don't experience life, and it seems even someone
as remarkably stupid as you should be able to appreciate that obvious fact Goob.
But since you haven't been able to learn to appreciate that obvious example,
here are some more to see if you can ever learn to appreciate the stupidity of
your suggestion:

trains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
planes exist but don't experience life, Goo.
automobiles exist but don't experience life, Goo.
mountains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
rivers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
iceburgs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toasters exist but don't experience life, Goo.
phones exist but don't experience life, Goo.
dead people exist but don't experience life, Goo.
bathtubs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
yoyos exist but don't experience life, Goo.
microwave ovens exist but don't experience life, Goo.
sox exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toilets exist but don't experience life, Goo.
light bulbs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hamburgers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hot dogs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
etc......................................... ............., Goo.

something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just . bullshit

To things that simply exist it is Goots. For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life it's more than "just . bullshit" to them, Goo.

"getting to experience life" is not a benefit


It clearly appears to be, and you can't even pretend to try to explain what
you want people to think prevents it from being one Goob. You can't, you have
consistently proven that you can't, and that is not in dispute, Goo.


No, and it isn't.


No you can't and it isn't in dispute Goob. The only way you could even try
to pretend to dispute it would be for you to try telling us what you want people
to think is preventing it from being to your son's advantage that he's still
alive, but you can't even make an attempt, Goo.
  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 24-08-2013, 02:40 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got toexperience life"

On 8/19/2013 3:45 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/15/2013 2:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/15/2013 2:23 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/12/2013 8:57 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/12/2013 5:10 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/8/2013 1:55 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/8/2013 12:54 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/7/2013 12:12 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/7/2013 10:45 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999
and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/6/2013 4:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote: On 8/6/2013 3:45 PM,
****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid, illiterate
cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and doing
nothing
but wasting time ever since, lied:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a
container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience
life" in
order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story







By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a
little
flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of
meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous
life:
It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research
project,
years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured
beef in
London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef
made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food
crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the
Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them
with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of
meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional
burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press
reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the
way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less
environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then
billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never
"get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans"
won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact
that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience
life"
will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time

No, that's a lie, *Gloo*. You have ****ed and moaned every step
of the
way about anything that might reduce the number of livestock
animals
"getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it in your
shitty
cracker way or writing.

Your're

chortle

lying again since

I'm not lying, *Gloo*. You have *always* and *only* been ****ing
your
panties over the fact that "vegans" want to prevent "future farm
animals" from existing.

animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better
way to put it

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all it is. Coming into existence *is*
what
you mean. You should just say it.

No Goober.

*YES*, *Gloo*. When you talk about animals "getting to experience
life", all you're talking about is their existence...so that you can
consume them. That's the only thing that's important to you.
Everything
you say about something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just your attempt at a bullshit smokescreen.

For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life

"getting to experience life" is not a benefit - proved beyond dispute.

It clearly appears to be,


No, and it isn't. It doesn't appear to be, and it isn't. Coming into
existence - "getting to experience life", in your wretchedly shitty
illiterate cracker expression - is not a benefit. It isn't, because it
doesn't improve welfare.


No you can't and


Existence doesn't improve welfare versus never existing, *Gloo*. It
can't be a benefit.

  #24 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-08-2013, 08:33 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,652
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got to experience life"

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:40:22 -0700, Goo wrote:
..
On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:45:22 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:47:22 -0700, Goo agreed:

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:23:52 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:57:51 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:10:26 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:55:36 -0700, Goo wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:54:49 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:12:42 -0700, Goo idiotically wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:45:46 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:47:47 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:45:01 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story


By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a little flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life: It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project, years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never "get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans" won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life" will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time Goob and I've mentioned the eventual
situation you presented an example of too. But that doesn't prevent millions of
animals from benefitting from lives of positive value NOW, in the past, and in
the foreseeable future Goots. And nothing prevents me or anyone else who
actually can appreciate decent AW over elimination from appreciating the fact
that they do, have and will, Goo. A similar example you MIGHT but probably can't
relate to is with horses Goob. There are a lot less horses now than there would
be if cars still had not been invented. That doesn't matter Goober, but it would
matter if they DID exist as it did matter when they did exist. We, so far, are
in a similar situation with food animals...they exist now but in the future they
eventually will no longer. We are in a position to appreciate their lives more
than the lives of working horses though, if having to work as the horses did
reduced the quality of life for them so that a higher percentage of their lives
were of negative value because of the labor they had to perform. Of course each
situation would be different Goo and some horses no doubt enjoyed their work and
having a purpose, while others were overworked and suffered from the abuse. But
everything like that is necessarily over the heads of people who can't
appreciate when any domestic animals have lives of positive value:

"I don't believe the distinction between "lives of positive value" and
"lives of negative value" means anything." - Rupert

"There is no "consideration" to be given." - Goo

much MUCH less can they/YOU appreciate a distinction between when they do and
when they do not, Goo.

No, that's a lie

Your're lying again since you can't appreciate a distinction Goob. You can't
even appreciate that many domestic animals do experience lives of positive value
Goober, so you certainly can't comprehend any sort of distinction between when
they do and when they don't.
...
animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better way to put it
Goots, nor even anywhere near as good. That has been proven by you and is not in
dispute, Goo.

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all

No Goober. Rocks exist but don't experience life, and it seems even someone
as remarkably stupid as you should be able to appreciate that obvious fact Goob.
But since you haven't been able to learn to appreciate that obvious example,
here are some more to see if you can ever learn to appreciate the stupidity of
your suggestion:

trains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
planes exist but don't experience life, Goo.
automobiles exist but don't experience life, Goo.
mountains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
rivers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
iceburgs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toasters exist but don't experience life, Goo.
phones exist but don't experience life, Goo.
dead people exist but don't experience life, Goo.
bathtubs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
yoyos exist but don't experience life, Goo.
microwave ovens exist but don't experience life, Goo.
sox exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toilets exist but don't experience life, Goo.
light bulbs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hamburgers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hot dogs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
etc....................................... ..............., Goo.

something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just . bullshit

To things that simply exist it is Goots. For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life it's more than "just . bullshit" to them, Goo.

"getting to experience life" is not a benefit

It clearly appears to be, and you can't even pretend to try to explain what
you want people to think prevents it from being one Goob. You can't, you have
consistently proven that you can't, and that is not in dispute, Goo.

No, and it isn't.


No you can't and it isn't in dispute Goob. The only way you could even try
to pretend to dispute it would be for you to try telling us what you want people
to think is preventing it from being to your son's advantage that he's still
alive, but you can't even make an attempt, Goo.


Existence doesn't improve welfare versus never existing


How did you make that comparison, Goo?
  #25 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 26-08-2013, 09:57 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got toexperience life"

On 8/26/2013 12:33 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/23/2013 6:40 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/19/2013 3:45 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/15/2013 2:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/15/2013 2:23 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/12/2013 8:57 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/12/2013 5:10 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/8/2013 1:55 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/8/2013 12:54 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999
and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/7/2013 12:12 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/7/2013 10:45 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999
and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/6/2013 4:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote: On 8/6/2013 3:45 PM,
****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid, illiterate
cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and doing
nothing
but wasting time ever since, lied:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a
container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience
life" in
order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story








By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a
little
flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare
cut of
meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous
life:
It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research
project,
years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured
beef in
London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown
beef
made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a
food
crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate
change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the
Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them
with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of
meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional
burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press
reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be
the
way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less
environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then
billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never
"get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans"
won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact
that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience
life"
will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time

No, that's a lie, *Gloo*. You have ****ed and moaned every step
of the
way about anything that might reduce the number of livestock
animals
"getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it in
your
shitty
cracker way or writing.

Your're

chortle

lying again since

I'm not lying, *Gloo*. You have *always* and *only* been ****ing
your
panties over the fact that "vegans" want to prevent "future farm
animals" from existing.

animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly
put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a
better
way to put it

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all it is. Coming into existence *is*
what
you mean. You should just say it.

No Goober.

*YES*, *Gloo*. When you talk about animals "getting to experience
life", all you're talking about is their existence...so that you can
consume them. That's the only thing that's important to you.
Everything
you say about something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just your attempt at a bullshit smokescreen.

For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life

"getting to experience life" is not a benefit - proved beyond dispute.

It clearly appears to be,

No, and it isn't. It doesn't appear to be, and it isn't. Coming into
existence - "getting to experience life", in your wretchedly shitty
illiterate cracker expression - is not a benefit. It isn't, because it
doesn't improve welfare.

No you can't and


Existence doesn't improve welfare versus never existing, *Gloo*. It
can't be a benefit.


How did you make that comparison


No one makes it, *Gloo* - that's the very reason why "getting to
experience life" - aka existence - is not a benefit versus never existing.



  #26 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-08-2013, 07:15 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,652
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got to experience life"

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:57:38 -0700, Goo wrote:
..
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:33:56 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 18:40:22 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:45:22 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:47:22 -0700, Goo agreed:

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:23:52 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:57:51 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 20:10:26 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:55:36 -0700, Goo wrote:

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 15:54:49 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:12:42 -0700, Goo idiotically wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:45:46 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:47:47 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:45:01 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, Goo wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience life" in order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story


By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor fell a little flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare cut of meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous life: It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research project, years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured beef in London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown beef made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a food crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined them with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into strands of meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated Press reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be the way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass, then billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never "get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and "vegans" won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the fact that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience life" will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time Goob and I've mentioned the eventual
situation you presented an example of too. But that doesn't prevent millions of
animals from benefitting from lives of positive value NOW, in the past, and in
the foreseeable future Goots. And nothing prevents me or anyone else who
actually can appreciate decent AW over elimination from appreciating the fact
that they do, have and will, Goo. A similar example you MIGHT but probably can't
relate to is with horses Goob. There are a lot less horses now than there would
be if cars still had not been invented. That doesn't matter Goober, but it would
matter if they DID exist as it did matter when they did exist. We, so far, are
in a similar situation with food animals...they exist now but in the future they
eventually will no longer. We are in a position to appreciate their lives more
than the lives of working horses though, if having to work as the horses did
reduced the quality of life for them so that a higher percentage of their lives
were of negative value because of the labor they had to perform. Of course each
situation would be different Goo and some horses no doubt enjoyed their work and
having a purpose, while others were overworked and suffered from the abuse. But
everything like that is necessarily over the heads of people who can't
appreciate when any domestic animals have lives of positive value:

"I don't believe the distinction between "lives of positive value" and
"lives of negative value" means anything." - Rupert

"There is no "consideration" to be given." - Goo

much MUCH less can they/YOU appreciate a distinction between when they do and
when they do not, Goo.

No, that's a lie

Your're lying again since you can't appreciate a distinction Goob. You can't
even appreciate that many domestic animals do experience lives of positive value
Goober, so you certainly can't comprehend any sort of distinction between when
they do and when they don't.
...
animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a better way to put it
Goots, nor even anywhere near as good. That has been proven by you and is not in
dispute, Goo.

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all

No Goober. Rocks exist but don't experience life, and it seems even someone
as remarkably stupid as you should be able to appreciate that obvious fact Goob.
But since you haven't been able to learn to appreciate that obvious example,
here are some more to see if you can ever learn to appreciate the stupidity of
your suggestion:

trains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
planes exist but don't experience life, Goo.
automobiles exist but don't experience life, Goo.
mountains exist but don't experience life, Goo.
rivers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
iceburgs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toasters exist but don't experience life, Goo.
phones exist but don't experience life, Goo.
dead people exist but don't experience life, Goo.
bathtubs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
yoyos exist but don't experience life, Goo.
microwave ovens exist but don't experience life, Goo.
sox exist but don't experience life, Goo.
toilets exist but don't experience life, Goo.
light bulbs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hamburgers exist but don't experience life, Goo.
hot dogs exist but don't experience life, Goo.
etc..................................... ................., Goo.

something being important to or a "benefit" to them is
just . bullshit

To things that simply exist it is Goots. For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life it's more than "just . bullshit" to them, Goo.

"getting to experience life" is not a benefit

It clearly appears to be, and you can't even pretend to try to explain what
you want people to think prevents it from being one Goob. You can't, you have
consistently proven that you can't, and that is not in dispute, Goo.

No, and it isn't.

No you can't and it isn't in dispute Goob. The only way you could even try
to pretend to dispute it would be for you to try telling us what you want people
to think is preventing it from being to your son's advantage that he's still
alive, but you can't even make an attempt, Goo.

Existence doesn't improve welfare versus never existing


How did you make that comparison, Goo?


No one makes it, *Gloo* - that's the very reason why "getting to
experience life" - aka existence - is not a benefit versus never existing.


How did you make that comparison, Goo?
  #27 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 28-08-2013, 08:17 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.philosophy,alt.food.vegan,alt.buddha.short.fat.guy,rec.boats,alt.atheism,can.politics
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Beef produced and eaten, and not a single steer or cow "got toexperience life"

On 8/28/2013 11:15 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/26/2013 1:57 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/26/2013 12:33 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/23/2013 6:40 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/19/2013 3:45 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/15/2013 2:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/15/2013 2:23 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/12/2013 8:57 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/12/2013 5:10 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999
and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/8/2013 1:55 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/8/2013 12:54 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999
and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/7/2013 12:12 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 8/7/2013 10:45 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in
1999
and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

On 8/6/2013 4:47 PM, George Plimpton wrote: On 8/6/2013
3:45 PM,
****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid, illiterate
cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing
nothing
but wasting time ever since, lied:

On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:34:33 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
.
It's here, ****wit: laboratory produced meat grown in a
container. No
cattle were brought into existence and "got to experience
life" in
order
to produce this beef.

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,7945932.story









By Ricardo Lopez

August 5, 2013, 8:29 a.m.

For a $330,000 burger, taste testers thought the flavor
fell a
little
flat.

The hefty price tag, however, wasn't for some fancy, rare
cut of
meat.
In fact, this meat had never so much as mooed in a previous
life:
It was
beef grown in a laboratory.

Dutch scientists Monday unveiled their ambitious research
project,
years
in the making, with a public taste test of their cultured
beef in
London.

Volunteer tasters sampled hamburger made from the lab-grown
beef
made
from stem cells. Scientists hope it can one day alleviate a
food
crisis
as the world's population swells and help combat climate
change.

To make the meat, scientists at Maastricht University in the
Netherlands
used muscle stem cells from two organic cows and combined
them
with a
nutrient solution. The muscle cells then grew into
strands of
meat. It
takes 20,000 strands to make a 5-ounce burger.

Taste testers said the meat lacked the fat of a conventional
burger,
making the taste a little underwhelming, the Associated
Press
reported.

---------------------------------------------------------

So, it's not quite ready for market, but this could soon be
the
way
*all* meat is produced. It would be cheaper and less
environmentally
destructive than raising livestock. If it comes to pass,
then
billions
and billions and eventually trillions of animals will never
"get to
experience life" - their lives will be prevented, and
"vegans"
won't
have anything to do with it.

I'm not saying it will come to pass, but if it does, the
fact
that
trillions of animals will never exist and "get to experience
life"
will
be meaningless. No one will care.

I've agreed with that the whole time

No, that's a lie, *Gloo*. You have ****ed and moaned every
step
of the
way about anything that might reduce the number of livestock
animals
"getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly put it in
your
shitty
cracker way or writing.

Your're

chortle

lying again since

I'm not lying, *Gloo*. You have *always* and *only* been
****ing
your
panties over the fact that "vegans" want to prevent "future farm
animals" from existing.

animals "getting to experience life", as you so wretchedly
put it

You have proven without doubt that you can't think of a
better
way to put it

Existence, *Gloo*. That's all it is. Coming into existence
*is*
what
you mean. You should just say it.

No Goober.

*YES*, *Gloo*. When you talk about animals "getting to experience
life", all you're talking about is their existence...so that
you can
consume them. That's the only thing that's important to you.
Everything
you say about something being important to or a "benefit" to
them is
just your attempt at a bullshit smokescreen.

For things that exist and have the
benefit of experiencing life

"getting to experience life" is not a benefit - proved beyond
dispute.

It clearly appears to be,

No, and it isn't. It doesn't appear to be, and it isn't. Coming into
existence - "getting to experience life", in your wretchedly shitty
illiterate cracker expression - is not a benefit. It isn't,
because it
doesn't improve welfare.

No you can't and

Existence doesn't improve welfare versus never existing, *Gloo*. It
can't be a benefit.

How did you make that comparison


No one makes it, *Gloo* - that's the very reason why "getting to
experience life" - aka existence - is not a benefit versus never existing.


How did


You're just wasting time, *Gloo*. You lost - 14 years ago. Go do
something else.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017