FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Sarah McLachlan's vegan bacon recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/424571-sarah-mclachlans-vegan-bacon.html)

David Dalton 24-06-2013 04:56 AM

Sarah McLachlan's vegan bacon recipe

From Facebook:

I am pretty far from vegan but there is a restaurant in Montreal
called Aux Vivre and they have the most amazing vegan bacon in
a BLT so I looked around for a recipe on line and found a few.
They call for liquid smoke which is pretty nasty stuff when you
think about it so this is not the same but still interesting as
people keep asking me.

1Tbs maple syrup
1Tbsp soy sauce
1Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
half teaspoon smoked paprika
1Tbsp melted coconut oil

mix together and pour over 3 handfuls of wide cut coconut
(half inch wide,1 inch long) pieces let saturate and marinate
for 20 minutes then lay out on a cookie tray and cook for
30 minutes at 275-300 oven. You might want to take it out
mid cook and shuffle it around. It's great in salads or in
a pita with fresh tomatoes and romaine a la BLT...enjoy...xoSarah

--
David Dalton http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music