FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/423189-3d-printed-meat-could.html)

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 06-03-2013 10:20 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

By Ryan Whitwam
geek.com
February 12, 2013

The next time you’re about to bite into a hamburger, take
a moment to consider the resources that went into making
it. In a recent Solve for X talk, Andras Forgacs laid out
all the statistics, and explained how tantalizingly close
we are to a more sustainable method of meat production.
Basically, humanity may soon be 3D printing meat instead
of growing it in an animal.

Forgacs starts by explaining just how costly a single
quarter-pound beef patty is to produce. For that one
serving, 6.7lbs of grains, 600 gallons of water, and 75
square feet of grazing land were used. Now multiply that
by 1000 to find your (approximate) impact — the average
American eats over 220lbs of meat each year.
Additionally, at least 18% of greenhouse gas emissions
are due to meat production. All this for one burger?

Continues at:

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pi...over-20130212/

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj

Dutch 07-03-2013 04:07 AM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

no thanks

[email protected] 07-03-2013 10:36 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch wrote:

no thanks

More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but how do you want
to try to justify such an aversion for someone who actually does...as if you
actually do eat meat but have the aversion?

[email protected] 07-03-2013 10:36 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 21:20:14 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

By Ryan Whitwam
geek.com
February 12, 2013

The next time you’re about to bite into a hamburger, take
a moment to consider the resources that went into making
it. In a recent Solve for X talk, Andras Forgacs laid out
all the statistics, and explained how tantalizingly close
we are to a more sustainable method of meat production.
Basically, humanity may soon be 3D printing meat instead
of growing it in an animal.

Something like that will be the eventual end of livestock raising, like
machinery was the end of the need for work horses. There will still be a few
around in zoos and odd farms, but there won't be billions of them experiencing
life because they're raised for food. The same will be true for chickens etc. In
some cases I believe that overall will be a "good" thing like the case of cage
raised laying hens, and the brothers of most laying hens including cage free. In
others I don't believe it would necessarily be good or better from an overall
pov since I believe lives of positive value for livestock is a positive thing in
the overall. That doesn't mean anything will suffer a loss when livestock are no
longer raised for food, but it does mean it can be appreciated by those people
who are able when they are, have been in the past, and will be in the future.
ONLY eliminationists have reason to be unable to appreciate that.

Forgacs starts by explaining just how costly a single
quarter-pound beef patty is to produce. For that one
serving, 6.7lbs of grains, 600 gallons of water, and 75
square feet of grazing land were used. Now multiply that
by 1000 to find your (approximate) impact

Six hundred thousand gallons of water to raise a steer for how long?

— the average
American eats over 220lbs of meat each year.
Additionally, at least 18% of greenhouse gas emissions
are due to meat production. All this for one burger?

That seems like an eliminationist type of estimate from my pov.

George Plimpton 07-03-2013 10:47 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

On 3/7/2013 1:36 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - a convicted felon,
lied:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch wrote:

no thanks

More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but

No.

George Plimpton 07-03-2013 10:49 PM

(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

By Ryan Whitwam
geek.com
February 12, 2013

The next time you’re about to bite into a hamburger, take
a moment to consider the resources that went into making
it. In a recent Solve for X talk, Andras Forgacs laid out
all the statistics, and explained how tantalizingly close
we are to a more sustainable method of meat production.
Basically, humanity may soon be 3D printing meat instead
of growing it in an animal.

Something like that will be the eventual end of livestock raising, like
machinery was the end of the need for work horses. There will still be a few
around in zoos and odd farms, but there won't be billions of them experiencing
life because they're raised for food.

Exactly. And that has no moral meaning at all - *zero*.

The same will be true for chickens etc. In
some cases I believe that overall will be a "good" thing like the case of cage
raised laying hens, and the brothers of most laying hens including cage free. In
others I don't believe it would necessarily be good or better from an overall
pov since I believe lives of positive value for livestock is a positive thing in
the overall.

Meaningless.

[email protected] 09-03-2013 06:06 PM

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:45:07 -0800, Dutch wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch wrote:

no thanks

More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but how do you want
to try to justify such an aversion for someone who actually does...as if you
actually do eat meat but have the aversion?

moron

LOL....even MORE evidence that you don't eat meat. You can't even think
about eating meat, even if it's never been part of a living animal. LOL...you
sure revealed yourself this time!

[email protected] 09-03-2013 06:07 PM

(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

[...]

You think that would be better not of zero meaning Goo, but you can't say
why everyone should agree with you.

The same will be true for chickens etc. In
some cases I believe that overall will be a "good" thing like the case of cage
raised laying hens, and the brothers of most laying hens including cage free. In
others I don't believe it would necessarily be good or better from an overall
pov since I believe lives of positive value for livestock is a positive thing in
the overall.

Meaningless.

It won't matter that they don't exist Goober but it does matter that they
do. ONLY eliminationists have reason to oppose considering the animals' lives,
Goo.

Dutch 09-03-2013 07:53 PM

[email protected] wrote:
On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch wrote:

no thanks

More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but how do you want
to try to justify such an aversion for someone who actually does...as if you
actually do eat meat but have the aversion?

moron

LOL....even MORE evidence that you don't eat meat. You can't even think
about eating meat, even if it's never been part of a living animal. LOL...you
sure revealed yourself this time!

I take partial responsibility for the complete idiot you have
degenerated into, I have allowed you to get attention from it. Sorry, I
was just having a little fun, and I really thought you would eventually
wise up.

[email protected] 12-03-2013 07:13 PM

[email protected] wrote:
On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch wrote:

no thanks

More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but how do you want
to try to justify such an aversion for someone who actually does...as if you
actually do eat meat but have the aversion?

moron

LOL....even MORE evidence that you don't eat meat. You can't even think
about eating meat, even if it's never been part of a living animal. LOL...you
sure revealed yourself this time!

I take partial responsibility for the complete idiot you have
degenerated into

LOL!!!

, I have allowed you to get attention from it. Sorry, I
was just having a little fun, and I really thought you would eventually
wise up.

Are you finally admitting to being the veg*n eliminationist we both know you
were and still are? I've been pointing out to you that I've been aware of it the
entire time. You never did start eating me like you so ****poorly try to pretend
you did. It's hard to imagine you finally being honest about even that one
thing...LOL...and maybe even harder for you to imagine it than it is for me.
Really though it seems like it should be a relief for you to finally tell the
truth about it unless you get some sort of good feeling about lying, which I
guess you must since you've been doing it for years and years...

Dutch 12-03-2013 11:09 PM

[email protected] wrote:
[...]

Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath. All things considered
you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

George Plimpton 13-03-2013 12:25 AM

[email protected] wrote:
[...]

He's worse than simply a dumb ****. He's a lying dumb ****. There are
some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit
- that he lies and pretends not to know, i.e., pretends to be dumb about
it. As another example, he knows that it is not "ethically superior" to
cause livestock animals to exist rather than wanting them to be eliminated.

Dutch 13-03-2013 06:48 AM

[email protected] wrote:
[...]

I think you might be giving him more credit for self-awareness than I
would. I think he's a clueless asshole who can't tell the difference
between the truth and the bullshit he pulls out of his ass.