FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/423189-3d-printed-meat-could.html)

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 06-03-2013 10:20 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

By Ryan Whitwam
geek.com
February 12, 2013

The next time you’re about to bite into a hamburger, take
a moment to consider the resources that went into making
it. In a recent Solve for X talk, Andras Forgacs laid out
all the statistics, and explained how tantalizingly close
we are to a more sustainable method of meat production.
Basically, humanity may soon be 3D printing meat instead
of growing it in an animal.

Forgacs starts by explaining just how costly a single
quarter-pound beef patty is to produce. For that one
serving, 6.7lbs of grains, 600 gallons of water, and 75
square feet of grazing land were used. Now multiply that
by 1000 to find your (approximate) impact — the average
American eats over 220lbs of meat each year.
Additionally, at least 18% of greenhouse gas emissions
are due to meat production. All this for one burger?

Continues at:

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pi...over-20130212/

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj

Dutch 07-03-2013 04:07 AM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

no thanks

dh@. 07-03-2013 10:36 PM

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch > wrote:

>no thanks

More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but how do you want
to try to justify such an aversion for someone who actually does...as if you
actually do eat meat but have the aversion?

dh@. 07-03-2013 10:36 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 21:20:14 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over
>
>By Ryan Whitwam
>geek.com
>February 12, 2013
>
>The next time you’re about to bite into a hamburger, take
>a moment to consider the resources that went into making
>it. In a recent Solve for X talk, Andras Forgacs laid out
>all the statistics, and explained how tantalizingly close
>we are to a more sustainable method of meat production.
>Basically, humanity may soon be 3D printing meat instead
>of growing it in an animal.

Something like that will be the eventual end of livestock raising, like
machinery was the end of the need for work horses. There will still be a few
around in zoos and odd farms, but there won't be billions of them experiencing
life because they're raised for food. The same will be true for chickens etc. In
some cases I believe that overall will be a "good" thing like the case of cage
raised laying hens, and the brothers of most laying hens including cage free. In
others I don't believe it would necessarily be good or better from an overall
pov since I believe lives of positive value for livestock is a positive thing in
the overall. That doesn't mean anything will suffer a loss when livestock are no
longer raised for food, but it does mean it can be appreciated by those people
who are able when they are, have been in the past, and will be in the future.
ONLY eliminationists have reason to be unable to appreciate that.

>Forgacs starts by explaining just how costly a single
>quarter-pound beef patty is to produce. For that one
>serving, 6.7lbs of grains, 600 gallons of water, and 75
>square feet of grazing land were used. Now multiply that
>by 1000 to find your (approximate) impact

Six hundred thousand gallons of water to raise a steer for how long?

>— the average
>American eats over 220lbs of meat each year.
>Additionally, at least 18% of greenhouse gas emissions
>are due to meat production. All this for one burger?

That seems like an eliminationist type of estimate from my pov.

George Plimpton 07-03-2013 10:47 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

On 3/7/2013 1:36 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - a convicted felon,
lied:

> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch > wrote:
>
>> no thanks

> More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but

No.

George Plimpton 07-03-2013 10:49 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

On 3/7/2013 1:36 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - a convicted felon,
lied:

> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 21:20:14 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
> (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:
>
>> 3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over
>>
>> By Ryan Whitwam
>> geek.com
>> February 12, 2013
>>
>> The next time you’re about to bite into a hamburger, take
>> a moment to consider the resources that went into making
>> it. In a recent Solve for X talk, Andras Forgacs laid out
>> all the statistics, and explained how tantalizingly close
>> we are to a more sustainable method of meat production.
>> Basically, humanity may soon be 3D printing meat instead
>> of growing it in an animal.

> Something like that will be the eventual end of livestock raising, like
> machinery was the end of the need for work horses. There will still be a few
> around in zoos and odd farms, but there won't be billions of them experiencing
> life because they're raised for food.

Exactly. And that has no moral meaning at all - *zero*.

> The same will be true for chickens etc. In
> some cases I believe that overall will be a "good" thing like the case of cage
> raised laying hens, and the brothers of most laying hens including cage free. In
> others I don't believe it would necessarily be good or better from an overall
> pov since I believe lives of positive value for livestock is a positive thing in
> the overall.

Meaningless.

Dutch 07-03-2013 11:45 PM

dh@. wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch > wrote:
>
>> no thanks

> More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but how do you want
> to try to justify such an aversion for someone who actually does...as if you
> actually do eat meat but have the aversion?

moron

dh@. 09-03-2013 06:06 PM

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:45:07 -0800, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:
>> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 19:07:57 -0800, Dutch > wrote:
>>
>>> no thanks

>> More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but how do you want
>> to try to justify such an aversion for someone who actually does...as if you
>> actually do eat meat but have the aversion?
>>

>moron

LOL....even MORE evidence that you don't eat meat. You can't even think
about eating meat, even if it's never been part of a living animal. LOL...you
sure revealed yourself this time!

dh@. 09-03-2013 06:07 PM

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 13:49:19 -0800, Goo wrote:

>On 3/7/2013 1:36 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - a convicted felon,
>lied:
>
>> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 21:20:14 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
>> (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:
>>
>>> 3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over
>>>
>>> By Ryan Whitwam
>>> geek.com
>>> February 12, 2013
>>>
>>> The next time you’re about to bite into a hamburger, take
>>> a moment to consider the resources that went into making
>>> it. In a recent Solve for X talk, Andras Forgacs laid out
>>> all the statistics, and explained how tantalizingly close
>>> we are to a more sustainable method of meat production.
>>> Basically, humanity may soon be 3D printing meat instead
>>> of growing it in an animal.

>> Something like that will be the eventual end of livestock raising, like
>> machinery was the end of the need for work horses. There will still be a few
>> around in zoos and odd farms, but there won't be billions of them experiencing
>> life because they're raised for food.

>Exactly. And that has no moral meaning at all - *zero*.

You think that would be better not of zero meaning Goo, but you can't say
why everyone should agree with you.

>> The same will be true for chickens etc. In
>> some cases I believe that overall will be a "good" thing like the case of cage
>> raised laying hens, and the brothers of most laying hens including cage free. In
>> others I don't believe it would necessarily be good or better from an overall
>> pov since I believe lives of positive value for livestock is a positive thing in
>> the overall.

>Meaningless.

It won't matter that they don't exist Goober but it does matter that they
do. ONLY eliminationists have reason to oppose considering the animals' lives,
Goo.

Dutch 09-03-2013 07:53 PM

dh@. wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:45:07 -0800, Dutch > wrote:
>
>> dh@. wrote:

>>> More evidence that you don't eat meat at all of course, but how do you want
>>> to try to justify such an aversion for someone who actually does...as if you
>>> actually do eat meat but have the aversion?
>>>

>> moron

> LOL....even MORE evidence that you don't eat meat. You can't even think
> about eating meat, even if it's never been part of a living animal. LOL...you
> sure revealed yourself this time!

I take partial responsibility for the complete idiot you have
degenerated into, I have allowed you to get attention from it. Sorry, I
was just having a little fun, and I really thought you would eventually
wise up.

George Plimpton 10-03-2013 05:00 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

On 3/9/2013 9:06 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - a convicted felon,
lied:

dh@. 12-03-2013 07:13 PM

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 10:53:15 -0800, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:

>>> moron

>> LOL....even MORE evidence that you don't eat meat. You can't even think
>> about eating meat, even if it's never been part of a living animal. LOL...you
>> sure revealed yourself this time!
>>

>I take partial responsibility for the complete idiot you have
>degenerated into

LOL!!!

>, I have allowed you to get attention from it. Sorry, I
>was just having a little fun, and I really thought you would eventually
>wise up.

Are you finally admitting to being the veg*n eliminationist we both know you
were and still are? I've been pointing out to you that I've been aware of it the
entire time. You never did start eating me like you so ****poorly try to pretend
you did. It's hard to imagine you finally being honest about even that one
thing...LOL...and maybe even harder for you to imagine it than it is for me.
Really though it seems like it should be a relief for you to finally tell the
truth about it unless you get some sort of good feeling about lying, which I
guess you must since you've been doing it for years and years...

Dutch 12-03-2013 11:09 PM

dh@. wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 10:53:15 -0800, Dutch > wrote:
>
>> dh@. wrote:

>>> LOL....even MORE evidence that you don't eat meat. You can't even think
>>> about eating meat, even if it's never been part of a living animal. LOL...you
>>> sure revealed yourself this time!
>>>

>> I take partial responsibility for the complete idiot you have
>> degenerated into

> LOL!!!
>
>> , I have allowed you to get attention from it. Sorry, I
>> was just having a little fun, and I really thought you would eventually
>> wise up.

> Are you finally admitting to being the veg*n eliminationist we both know you
> were and still are? I've been pointing out to you that I've been aware of it the
> entire time. You never did start eating me like you so ****poorly try to pretend
> you did. It's hard to imagine you finally being honest about even that one
> thing...LOL...and maybe even harder for you to imagine it than it is for me.
> Really though it seems like it should be a relief for you to finally tell the
> truth about it unless you get some sort of good feeling about lying, which I
> guess you must since you've been doing it for years and years...

Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath. All things considered
you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

George Plimpton 13-03-2013 12:25 AM

On 3/12/2013 3:09 PM, Dutch wrote:
> dh@. wrote:

>>> I take partial responsibility for the complete idiot you have
>>> degenerated into

>> LOL!!!
>>
>>> , I have allowed you to get attention from it. Sorry, I
>>> was just having a little fun, and I really thought you would eventually
>>> wise up.

>> Are you finally admitting to being the veg*n eliminationist we
>> both know you
>> were and still are? I've been pointing out to you that I've been aware
>> of it the
>> entire time. You never did start eating me like you so ****poorly try
>> to pretend
>> you did. It's hard to imagine you finally being honest about even that
>> one
>> thing...LOL...and maybe even harder for you to imagine it than it is
>> for me.
>> Really though it seems like it should be a relief for you to finally
>> tell the
>> truth about it unless you get some sort of good feeling about lying,
>> which I
>> guess you must since you've been doing it for years and years...

> Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
> your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath. All things considered
> you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

He's worse than simply a dumb ****. He's a lying dumb ****. There are
some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit
- that he lies and pretends not to know, i.e., pretends to be dumb about
it. As another example, he knows that it is not "ethically superior" to
cause livestock animals to exist rather than wanting them to be eliminated.

Dutch 13-03-2013 06:48 AM

George Plimpton wrote:
> On 3/12/2013 3:09 PM, Dutch wrote:
>> dh@. wrote:

>>> LOL!!!

>>> Are you finally admitting to being the veg*n eliminationist we
>>> both know you
>>> were and still are? I've been pointing out to you that I've been aware
>>> of it the
>>> entire time. You never did start eating me like you so ****poorly try
>>> to pretend
>>> you did. It's hard to imagine you finally being honest about even that
>>> one
>>> thing...LOL...and maybe even harder for you to imagine it than it is
>>> for me.
>>> Really though it seems like it should be a relief for you to finally
>>> tell the
>>> truth about it unless you get some sort of good feeling about lying,
>>> which I
>>> guess you must since you've been doing it for years and years...

>> Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
>> your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath. All things considered
>> you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

> He's worse than simply a dumb ****. He's a lying dumb ****. There are
> some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit
> - that he lies and pretends not to know, i.e., pretends to be dumb about
> it. As another example, he knows that it is not "ethically superior" to
> cause livestock animals to exist rather than wanting them to be eliminated.

I think you might be giving him more credit for self-awareness than I
would. I think he's a clueless asshole who can't tell the difference
between the truth and the bullshit he pulls out of his ass.

George Plimpton 13-03-2013 07:06 AM

On 3/12/2013 10:48 PM, Dutch wrote:
> George Plimpton wrote:

>>> Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
>>> your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath. All things considered
>>> you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

>> He's worse than simply a dumb ****. He's a lying dumb ****. There are
>> some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit
>> - that he lies and pretends not to know, i.e., pretends to be dumb about
>> it. As another example, he knows that it is not "ethically superior" to
>> cause livestock animals to exist rather than wanting them to be
>> eliminated.
>>

> I think you might be giving him more credit for self-awareness than I
> would. I think he's a clueless asshole who can't tell the difference
> between the truth and the bullshit he pulls out of his ass.

*Self* awareness, no - he hasn't a shred of it. But he cannot fail to
be aware of immutable truths that have been pounded into his brain by
others. For example, he knows precisely why existence - "getting to
experience life" - is not and *cannot be* a "benefit" to any livestock
animals. That's why he has to phrase his ****witted question in such
tortured and obtuse language: "how do you want people to begin to
undertake to try to plan to set out to think..." ****wit *knows* that
the logical explanation for why life *cannot be* a benefit is utterly,
100% compelling. So, because his time is worthless and he is addicted
to ****ing around here, he just keep asking the already-dismissed questions.

dh@. 14-03-2013 07:42 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:25:58 -0700, Goo lied:

>There are
>some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit

Goober not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit, but between your
whole little family of goobers none of you can suggest a single thing that could
possibly prevent it from being one, Goo.

dh@. 14-03-2013 07:43 PM

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:09:18 -0700, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:

>>> I take partial responsibility for the complete idiot you have
>>> degenerated into

>> LOL!!!
>>
>>> , I have allowed you to get attention from it. Sorry, I
>>> was just having a little fun, and I really thought you would eventually
>>> wise up.

>> Are you finally admitting to being the veg*n eliminationist we both know you
>> were and still are? I've been pointing out to you that I've been aware of it the
>> entire time. You never did start eating me like you so ****poorly try to pretend
>> you did. It's hard to imagine you finally being honest about even that one
>> thing...LOL...and maybe even harder for you to imagine it than it is for me.
>> Really though it seems like it should be a relief for you to finally tell the
>> truth about it unless you get some sort of good feeling about lying, which I
>> guess you must since you've been doing it for years and years...

>Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
>your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath.

That pretty much says you're admitting to being an eliminationist veg*n,
from my pov.

>All things considered
>you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

Since in over a decade you haven't been able to make any attempt to say how
you want people to think anti-consideration gives you more browny points than
having it, you're a dumber **** than I am.

Also, let's keep in mind the fact that you being opposed to eating meat that
was never even part of an animal is MORE evidence that you never stopped being
whatever sort of veg*n you believe you "ethically" are. You clearly revealed you
revulsion to eating meat REGARDLESS of whether or not animals suffer to produce
it, and of course you'd be even more opposed to it if the animals enjoy lives of
positive value. That much we know since you're opposed to giving that aspect of
human influence on animals any consideration at all, much less would you want to
be a contributer to it.

Dutch 14-03-2013 08:56 PM

Yep, dumbest **** ever.

Dutch 14-03-2013 09:06 PM

dh@. wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:25:58 -0700, Goo lied:
>
>> There are
>> some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit

> Goober not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit, but between your
> whole little family of goobers none of you can suggest a single thing that could
> possibly prevent it from being one, Goo.

Ball thinks you know you're wrong. I disagree, I think you're just stupid.

George Plimpton 15-03-2013 01:42 AM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

On 3/14/2013 11:42 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - a convicted
felon and squat-to-**** cracker idiot, lied:

> On 3/12/2013 4:25 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
>> On 3/12/2013 3:09 PM, Dutch wrote:
>>> ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - a convicted felon and squat-to-**** cracker idiot, lied:

>>> Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
>>> your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath. All things considered
>>> you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

>> He's worse than simply a dumb ****. He's a lying dumb ****. There are
>> some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit
>> - that he lies and pretends not to know, i.e., pretends to be dumb about
>> it. As another example, he knows that it is not "ethically superior" to
>> cause livestock animals to exist rather than wanting them to be eliminated.

> not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit,

You *do* know it, *Goo*. I have proved it to you.

dh@. 18-03-2013 10:35 PM

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:06:00 -0700, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:25:58 -0700, Goo lied:
>>
>>> There are
>>> some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit

>> Goober not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit, but between your
>> whole little family of goobers none of you can suggest a single thing that could
>> possibly prevent it from being one, Goo.
>>

>Ball thinks you know you're wrong. I disagree, I think you're just stupid.

Since none of you can say what you want us to think prevents it from being a
benefit, I'm not the stupid one for not knowing what you want us to think
prevents it from being one. You're stupid for suggesting I am, and you're stupid
for not being able to say what you want people to think prevents it from being
one.

dh@. 18-03-2013 10:36 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win you over

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:42:10 -0700, Goo wussed horribly again:

>On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:42:57 -0400, dh@. wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:25:58 -0700, Goo lied:
>>
>>>There are
>>>some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit

>> Goober not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit, but between your
>>whole little family of goobers none of you can suggest a single thing that could
>>possibly prevent it from being one, Goo.

>You

That's a lie Goots. I don't prevent it, and you can't either Goob. Nor can
you attempt to say what you want people to think possibly could/does prevent it,
Goo.

dh@. 18-03-2013 10:36 PM

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 12:56:45 -0700, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:

>>> Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
>>> your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath.

>> That pretty much says you're admitting to being an eliminationist veg*n,
>> from my pov.
>>
>>> All things considered
>>> you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

>> Since in over a decade you haven't been able to make any attempt to say how
>> you want people to think anti-consideration gives you more browny points than
>> having it, you're a dumber **** than I am.
>>
>> Also, let's keep in mind the fact that you being opposed to eating meat that
>> was never even part of an animal is MORE evidence that you never stopped being
>> whatever sort of veg*n you believe you "ethically" are. You clearly revealed you
>> revulsion to eating meat REGARDLESS of whether or not animals suffer to produce
>> it, and of course you'd be even more opposed to it if the animals enjoy lives of
>> positive value. That much we know since you're opposed to giving that aspect of
>> human influence on animals any consideration at all, much less would you want to
>> be a contributer to it.

>Yep

Then anyone reading can now accept the fact that you lied when you said you
began eating meat, and you lied when you claimed to have somehow changed your
pov about elimination instantly, completely, and for no apparent reason.

George Plimpton 18-03-2013 10:49 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

On 3/18/2013 2:36 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

> On 3/14/2013 5:42 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
>> On 3/14/2013 11:42 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - a convicted
>> felon and squat-to-**** cracker idiot, lied:

>>> not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit,

>> You *do* know it, *Goo*. I have proved it to you.

> That's a lie

It's not a lie, *Goo*. I have proved to you beyond refutation that
existence - "getting to experience life" - is not an *CANNOT* be a
benefit. You know I've proved it, *Goo*.

> I don't prevent it, and you can't either

There is no "prevention", *Goo* - there are logic, fact and definition.

A benefit is something that improves the welfare of an entity, *Goo*.
That's the definition. Coming into existence - "getting to experience
life" - does not improve the welfare of the entity, *Goo*. That's the
fact. Because "getting to experience life" doesn't improve the entity's
welfare, *Goo*, it therefore *cannot* be a benefit. There's the logic.

You lose.

George Plimpton 18-03-2013 10:52 PM

doing nothing but wasting time ever since, and the dumbest **** ever, lied:
> On 3/14/2013 12:56 PM, Dutch wrote:
>> ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid, illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and doing nothing but wasting time ever since, and the dumbest **** ever, lied:

>>> That pretty much says you're admitting to being an eliminationist
>>> veg*n,
>>> from my pov.

>>> Since in over a decade you haven't been able to make any attempt
>>> to say how
>>> you want people to think anti-consideration gives you more browny
>>> points than
>>> having it, you're a dumber **** than I am.
>>>
>>> Also, let's keep in mind the fact that you being opposed to
>>> eating meat that
>>> was never even part of an animal is MORE evidence that you never
>>> stopped being
>>> whatever sort of veg*n you believe you "ethically" are. You clearly
>>> revealed you
>>> revulsion to eating meat REGARDLESS of whether or not animals suffer
>>> to produce
>>> it, and of course you'd be even more opposed to it if the animals
>>> enjoy lives of
>>> positive value. That much we know since you're opposed to giving that
>>> aspect of
>>> human influence on animals any consideration at all, much less would
>>> you want to
>>> be a contributer to it.
>>>

>> Yep, dumbest **** ever.

> Then anyone reading can now accept the fact that you lied when you said you
> began eating meat,

No, he didn't lie.

Anyone reading now can accept the facts that:

1. You are the dumbest **** ever.
2. It has been proved beyond dispute to you that existence -
"getting to experience life" - is not a benefit.

Dutch 18-03-2013 11:27 PM

dh@. wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:06:00 -0700, Dutch > wrote:
>
>> dh@. wrote:
>>> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:25:58 -0700, Goo lied:

>>> Goober not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit, but between your
>>> whole little family of goobers none of you can suggest a single thing that could
>>> possibly prevent it from being one, Goo.
>>>

>> Ball thinks you know you're wrong. I disagree, I think you're just stupid.

> Since none of you can say what you want us to think prevents it from being a
> benefit, I'm not the stupid one for not knowing what you want us to think
> prevents it from being one. You're stupid for suggesting I am, and you're stupid
> for not being able to say what you want people to think prevents it from being
> one.

You're stupid because it's been explained to you at least a hundred
times and you still say that we can't do it. You don't even attempt to
explain why you disagree with the explanations provided to you, you just
announce that nobody can say why "life is not the benefit it appears to
be" *to you*, no matter how often we *do* "say why".

THAT is stupid.

Dutch 18-03-2013 11:33 PM

dh@. wrote:
> Then anyone reading can now accept the fact that you lied when you said you
> began eating meat, and you lied when you claimed to have somehow changed your
> pov about elimination instantly, completely, and for no apparent reason.

The reasons were very apparent. I changed my attitude about eating meat
after having intense debates with the participants here, including
Jonathan Ball, Rick Etter, John Mercer, and others. I listened to
reason, it changed my life and made me a better person. When are you
ever going to learn to listen to reason, or were you planning to spend
the rest of your life as a stubborn fool?

George Plimpton 18-03-2013 11:44 PM

On 3/18/2013 3:27 PM, Dutch wrote:
> dh@. wrote:

>>> Ball thinks you know you're wrong. I disagree, I think you're just
>>> stupid.

>> Since none of you can say what you want us to think prevents it
>> from being a
>> benefit, I'm not the stupid one for not knowing what you want us to think
>> prevents it from being one. You're stupid for suggesting I am, and
>> you're stupid
>> for not being able to say what you want people to think prevents it
>> from being
>> one.

> You're stupid because it's been explained to you at least a hundred
> times and you still say that we can't do it.

LOL! Every time we explain that the definition of benefit and the
observation of what effect coming into existence - "getting to
experience life" - has on welfare mean that existence *cannot* be a
benefit - by definition - ****wit keeps coming back and pretending to
ask what "prevents" it from being one, as if "getting to experience
life" /might/ be a benefit except for the actions of some agent.

This is like asking what "prevents" ****wit's niece from being his
grandfather. There is no agent that prevents it; it is "prevented" by
the definitions of the terms.

> You don't even attempt to
> explain why you disagree with the explanations provided to you,

He *doesn't* disagree with them. He *know* that "getting to experience
life" is not - *cannot be - a benefit. He's just ****ing around, as
Derek showed:

I see stuff like it all the time, and in real life I often can't
make a big deal about stupid things that have a negative influence
on me, whether I have a good point about it or not. But in these
ngs I can point things out, and tough shit if the other guy doesn't
like it. So these places are a place to take out frustration.

David Harrison 25 May 2009 http://tinyurl.com/ye6zsv8

Apparently, ****wit finds it relieves his "frustration" to pretend to be
ignorant of things that have been proved to him beyond dispute.

George Plimpton 19-03-2013 12:55 AM

On 3/18/2013 3:33 PM, Dutch wrote:
> dh@. wrote:
>> Then anyone reading can now accept the fact that you lied when
>> you said you
>> began eating meat, and you lied when you claimed to have somehow
>> changed your
>> pov about elimination instantly, completely, and for no apparent reason.

> The reasons were very apparent. I changed my attitude about eating meat
> after having intense debates with the participants here, including
> Jonathan Ball, Rick Etter, John Mercer, and others. I listened to
> reason, it changed my life and made me a better person. When are you
> ever going to learn to listen to reason, or were you planning to spend
> the rest of your life as a stubborn fool?

He's a known liar and troll. He'll never be persuaded by reason.

George Plimpton 19-03-2013 04:37 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

On 3/14/2013 11:42 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

> On 3/12/2013 4:25 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
>> On 3/12/2013 3:09 PM, Dutch wrote:
>>> ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid, illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

>>> Part of me always hoped that a light bulb would eventually come on in
>>> your brain, but I haven't been holding my breath. All things considered
>>> you have to be the dumbest **** I have ever come across.

>> He's worse than simply a dumb ****. He's a lying dumb ****. There are
>> some things he knows - for example, that existence *cannot* be a benefit
>> - that he lies and pretends not to know, i.e., pretends to be dumb about
>> it. As another example, he knows that it is not "ethically superior" to
>> cause livestock animals to exist rather than wanting them to be eliminated.

> not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit

You *do* know it, *Goo*. I have proved it to you.

> none of you can suggest a single thing that could
> possibly prevent it from being one,

What "prevents" existence - "getting to experience life" - from being a
benefit, *Goo*, is the definition of benefit:

something that improves the welfare of an *existing* entity

and the observation that "getting to experience life" not only does not
improve the welfare of an existing entity, but *cannot* improve it.

As a result of the definition and the observation, *Goo*, you *KNOW*
that existence - "getting to experience life" - is not and *cannot* be a
benefit.

I love telling you what you know, *Goo*, because I know it ****es you
off. But you *do* know what I told you, *Goo*. You know it is true
because it *MUST* be true.

dh@. 19-03-2013 08:55 PM

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:27:03 -0700, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:

>>> Ball thinks you know you're wrong. I disagree, I think you're just stupid.

>> Since none of you can say what you want us to think prevents it from being a
>> benefit, I'm not the stupid one for not knowing what you want us to think
>> prevents it from being one. You're stupid for suggesting I am, and you're stupid
>> for not being able to say what you want people to think prevents it from being
>> one.

>You're stupid because it's been explained to you at least a hundred
>times and you still say that we can't do it.

Because you can't. I challenge you to try. Go:

>You don't even attempt to
>explain why you disagree with the explanations provided to you,

Try presenting any of the supposed explanations. Go:

>you just
>announce that nobody can say why "life is not the benefit it appears to
>be"

You can't. I challenge you to try telling us what you want people to think
prevents it from being one. Go:

dh@. 19-03-2013 08:57 PM

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:33:08 -0700, Dutch > wrote:

>dh@. wrote:
>> Then anyone reading can now accept the fact that you lied when you said you
>> began eating meat, and you lied when you claimed to have somehow changed your
>> pov about elimination instantly, completely, and for no apparent reason.

>The reasons were very apparent. I changed my attitude about eating meat
>after having intense debates with the participants here, including
>...[Goo],

What did Goo say that supposedly had any influence?

>Rick Etter, John Mercer, and others. I listened to
>reason, it changed my life and made me a better person.

I believe you're still the eliminationist veg*n you were to begin with since
ONLY eliminationists have reason to oppose considering the lives of livestock.
Goo is lying about it too, and he helped you understand that those of us who
really ARE in favor of decent AW over elimination, do not have respect for those
of you who favor elimination for several reasons. So you lie to people who
honestly do favor AW in the hopes of fooling them into respecting you more than
you deserve. We know you've tried doing that with other things, and of course
I'm convinced you're trying to do it with this as well.

>When are you ever going to learn to listen to reason

In contrast to that I challenge you, the Googoots, your brother Derek and
your Uncle Dr. Wuss to try backing up your absurd or/and horribly dishonest
seeming claims trying to find out how you could possibly believe them, but you
people fail to provide anything worth even taking into consideration. I
challenge you to try explaining how you want people to think your
anti-consideration is superior to having consideration. You lose. I challenge
you to try explaining what you want people to think prevents your life from
being a benefit to you. You lose again. Etc...

dh@. 21-03-2013 10:50 PM

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:37:14 -0700, Goo wrote:

>What "prevents" existence - "getting to experience life" - from being a
>benefit, *Goo*, is the definition of benefit:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/benefit

ben·e·fit [ben-uh-fit] noun, verb, ben·e·fit·ed or ben·e·fit·ted,
ben·e·fit·ing or ben·e·fit·ting.
noun
1. something that is advantageous or good; an advantage
Try to explain what you want people to think is preventing being alive from
being to your advantage now Goo. Go:

George Plimpton 22-03-2013 03:58 PM

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty enough to win youover

Thanks to Derek

****wit David Harrison 25 May 2009 http://tinyurl.com/ye6zsv8

On 3/21/2013 2:50 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

> On 3/19/2013 8:37 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
>> On 3/14/2013 11:42 AM, ****wit David Harrison - *Goo* - stupid,
>> illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
>> doing nothing but wasting time ever since, lied:

>>> not only do I not "know" it can't be a benefit

>> You *do* know it, *Goo*. I have proved it to you.
>>

>>> none of you can suggest a single thing that could
>>> possibly prevent it from being one,

>> What "prevents" existence - "getting to experience life" - from being a
>> benefit, *Goo*, is the definition of benefit:
>>
>> something that improves the welfare of an *existing* entity
>>
>> and the observation that "getting to experience life" not only does not
>> improve the welfare of an existing entity, but *cannot* improve it.
>>
>> As a result of the definition and the observation, *Goo*, you *KNOW*
>> that existence - "getting to experience life" - is not and *cannot* be a
>> benefit.
>>
>> I love telling you what you know, *Goo*, because I know it ****es you
>> off. But you *do* know what I told you, *Goo*. You know it is true
>> because it *MUST* be true.

> __________________________________________________ _______
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/benefit
>
> ben·e·fit [ben-uh-fit] noun, verb, ben·e·fit·ed or ben·e·fit·ted,
> ben·e·fit·ing or ben·e·fit·ting.
> noun
> 1. something that is advantageous or good; an advantage
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

For an existing entity. Coming into existence - "getting to experience
life" - is not advantageous to any entity, *Goo*.

You lose.

Janus 23-03-2013 03:01 AM

dh@. 25-03-2013 06:51 PM

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:01:32 -0700, "Janus" > wrote:

>wrote in message ...
>
>On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:37:14 -0700, Goo wrote:
>
>>What "prevents" existence - "getting to experience life" - from being a
>>benefit, *Goo*, is the definition of benefit:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/benefit

ben·e·fit [ben-uh-fit] noun, verb, ben·e·fit·ed or ben·e·fit·ted,
ben·e·fit·ing or ben·e·fit·ting.
noun
1. something that is advantageous or good; an advantage
What do you want people to think it preventing being alive from being an
advantage to you, Goo?