Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 10, 3:26*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 9, 8:40*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
>
> > "George Plimpton" > wrote

> > > It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.

> > > Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.

> > It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

> > > No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

> > Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

> This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> significant health benefits.

Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:09*pm, "J.C. Watts" > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 3:26*am, Rupert > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 9, 8:40*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:

> > > "George Plimpton" > wrote

> > > It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

> > > Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

> > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > significant health benefits.

> Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
you to change your mind.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2012 1:24 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 9, 5:43 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.

>> Because I saw you fall for it. You fell right over.

> I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
> didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
> true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
> the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

<chortle>

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:21*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 1:24 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Because I saw you fall for it. *You fell right over.

> > I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
> > didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
> > true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
> > the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

> <chortle>

You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2012 5:00 AM, Bryan wrote:
> On Sep 21, 1:00 am, George Plimpton > wrote:
>> On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:
>>
>>> Check this out Its great
>>> http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

>> It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.
>>
>> Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
>> like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.
>>
>> No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

> I know I've posted this several times, but there are new folks he
>
> Originally posted Jun 28 2001:
>
> You've heard of omnivorous
> You've heard of vegetarianism
> You've heard of vegan
> You've heard of fruitarian
> But now, straight from the twisted brain of yours truly, here comes
> Amputarianism. Amputarianism fits in between omnivorousness and
> vegetarianism.
> You can eat meat, but only if the animal is not killed to produce the
> meat. You are allowed to eat animals that have died of natural
> causes, but also parts of animals that have been removed from the
> animal in such a way that it does not cause the death of the animal.
> [...]

A farmer walks into a bar with a three-legged pig. The bartender
asks, "How come that pig's missing a leg?"

"Well," says the farmer, "there was a big fire. My house burned
right down to the ground. My family and I all would have burned
up with it if this pig hadn't come into the flaming, smoke-filled
house and dragged each of us out, one by one."

"Wow," says the bartender, respectfully.

"Yep," says the farmer, "and you just don't eat a pig like that
all at once."

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2012 7:22 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 10, 4:21 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
>>> didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
>>> true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
>>> the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

>> <chortle>

> You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

What's to explain? You're a dope, that's all.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

"Rupert" > wrote

> >> Check this out Its great
> >>http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

> > It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

> > Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

> It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".
>
> > No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

> Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
significant health benefits.

-----

I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:27*pm, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 7:22 AM, Rupert wrote:

> >> <chortle>

> > You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

> What's to explain? *You're a dope, that's all.

So you obviously believe, but I fail to understand what reasons you
think you have in favour of this view.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:28*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "Rupert" > wrote

> > > It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

> > > Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

> > It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

> > > No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

> > Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

> This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> significant health benefits.
>
> -----
>
> I was talking about vegans. *While technically you and the ADD are
> correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. *Show
> me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

I know plenty of vegans who have well-planned diets and are perfectly
healthy, and at least two doctors have told me that it is a very good
thing that I am vegan. It is just as easy to sensibly plan a vegan
diet as an omnivorous one. Your opinions about vegans are just not
especially well-informed; you don't really know what you're talking
about.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

"Rupert" > wrote

> > > It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

> > > Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

> > It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

> > > No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

> > Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

> This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> significant health benefits.
>
> -----
>
> I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
> correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
> me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

I know plenty of vegans who have well-planned diets and are perfectly
healthy, and at least two doctors have told me that it is a very good
thing that I am vegan. It is just as easy to sensibly plan a vegan
diet as an omnivorous one. Your opinions about vegans are just not
especially well-informed; you don't really know what you're talking
about.

-----

I bet plenty of lurkers support your position via email, too.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:50*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "Rupert" > wrote

> > > It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

> > > Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

> > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > significant health benefits.

> > -----

> > I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
> > correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
> > me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> > and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

> I know plenty of vegans who have well-planned diets and are perfectly
> healthy, and at least two doctors have told me that it is a very good
> thing that I am vegan. It is just as easy to sensibly plan a vegan
> diet as an omnivorous one. Your opinions about vegans are just not
> especially well-informed; you don't really know what you're talking
> about.
>
> -----
>
> I bet plenty of lurkers support your position via email, too.

I haven't received any emails about the matter, no.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 8:28*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "Rupert" > wrote

> > > It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

> > > Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

> > It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

> > > No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

> > Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

> This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> significant health benefits.
>
> -----
>
> I was talking about vegans. *While technically you and the ADD are
> correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. *Show
> me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.
>
> --Tedward

You're an idiot.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:14*am, "Mr.Smartypants" >
wrote:
> On Oct 10, 8:28*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
>

> > "Rupert" > wrote

> > > It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

> > > Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

> > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > significant health benefits.

> > -----

> > I was talking about vegans. *While technically you and the ADD are
> > correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. *Show
> > me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> > and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

> > --Tedward

> You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

"Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote

> > > It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

> > > Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

> > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > significant health benefits.

> > -----

> > I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
> > correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
> > me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> > and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

> > --Tedward

> You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

<
<I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.

The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:25*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" >
wrote:
> "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote

> > > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > > significant health benefits.

> > > -----

> > > I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
> > > correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
> > > me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> > > and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

> > > --Tedward

> > You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

> <
> <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.
>
> The kid would break his hip taking the first step...
>
> --Tedward- Hide quoted text -

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...6s8GgN3mqEaCJQ

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:25*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote

> > > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > > significant health benefits.

> > > -----

> > > I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
> > > correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
> > > me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> > > and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

> > > --Tedward

> > You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

> <
> <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.
>
> The kid would break his hip taking the first step...
>
> --Tedward

Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
years old, I think.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:29*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 5:25*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
>

> > "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote

> > > You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

> > <
> > <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.

> > The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

> > --Tedward

> Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
> since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
> sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
> years old, I think.- Hide quoted text -

jesus. that just smells like a version of child abuse.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

"Rupert" > wrote

> > > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > > significant health benefits.

> > > -----

> > > I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
> > > correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
> > > me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
> > > and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

> > > --Tedward

> > You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

> <
> <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.
>
> The kid would break his hip taking the first step...
>
> --Tedward

Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
years old, I think.

-----

"exception of breast milk" indeed. A is A. Not A is not A.

You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 9:18*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 4:09*pm, "J.C. Watts" > wrote:

> > > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > > significant health benefits.

> > Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

> Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.
>
> But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:31*pm, "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 11:29*am, Rupert > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 10, 5:25*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:

> > > "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote

> > > <
> > > <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.

> > > The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

> > > --Tedward

> > Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
> > since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
> > sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
> > years old, I think.- Hide quoted text -

> jesus. * that just smells like a version of child abuse.

Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't really have any idea
of what you're talking about.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

"CheeseHusker dos" > wrote

> > > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > > significant health benefits.

> > Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

> Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.
>
> But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

<
<Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

And the bugs that live on them!!!

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:31*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "Rupert" > wrote

> > > You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

> > <
> > <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.

> > The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

> > --Tedward

> Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
> since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
> sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
> years old, I think.
>
> -----
>
> "exception of breast milk" indeed. *A is A. *Not A is not A.
>
> You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.
>
> --Tedward

They are not imaginary friends. The fact that I don't have photos of
them to hand is irrelevant; photos would prove nothing. An image of an
anorexic person has no bearing on the issue.

Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't have any idea of what
you're talking about. If you did you would provide some real evidence.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:32*pm, CheeseHusker dos > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 9:18*am, Rupert > wrote:

> > > Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

> > Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> > about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> > taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> > as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> > vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

> > But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> > not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> > Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> > you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

> Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

No sensible person believes that vegetables and fruits are capable of
experiencing pain.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

"Rupert" > wrote

> > > You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

> > <
> > <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.

> > The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

> > --Tedward

> Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
> since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
> sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
> years old, I think.
>
> -----
>
> "exception of breast milk" indeed. A is A. Not A is not A.
>
> You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.
>
> --Tedward

They are not imaginary friends. The fact that I don't have photos of
them to hand is irrelevant; photos would prove nothing. An image of an
anorexic person has no bearing on the issue.

Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't have any idea of what
you're talking about. If you did you would provide some real evidence.

-----

Now you're resorting to Ad Hominid attacks, a sure sign you've lost
the argument.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "CheeseHusker dos" > wrote

> > > Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

> > Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> > about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> > taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> > as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> > vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

> > But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> > not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> > Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> > you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

> <
> <Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?
>
> And the bugs that live on them!!!
>
> --Tedward

Of course insects die in order to produce my food. Plenty of small
mammals die as well for that matter, crushed up in the combine
harvester. I never made any claim that no suffering and premature
death had to take place in order to produce my food. I am somewhat
motivated to make some effort to reduce the amount of suffering that
has to take place in order to produce my food and I have decided to be
vegan because I think that that's a sensible strategy for achieving
that goal. Others may have different priorities and as I said I have
no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 10:36*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 5:32*pm, CheeseHusker dos > wrote:

> > > Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> > > about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> > > taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> > > as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> > > vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

> > > But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> > > not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> > > Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> > > you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

> > Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

> No sensible person believes that vegetables and fruits are capable of
> experiencing pain.- Hide quoted text -

wrong

http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqu...-83446,00.html

At least when I eat cheese, I'm not killing the cow.

What's it feel like to be a mass murderer and a major contributer to
global warming? Why do you hate the earth?
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:38*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 5:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
>

> > "CheeseHusker dos" > wrote

> > > Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> > > about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> > > taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> > > as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> > > vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

> > > But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> > > not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> > > Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> > > you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

> > <
> > <Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

> > And the bugs that live on them!!!

> > --Tedward

> Of course insects die in order to produce my food. Plenty of small
> mammals die as well for that matter, crushed up in the combine
> harvester. I never made any claim that no suffering and premature
> death had to take place in order to produce my food. I am somewhat
> motivated to make some effort to reduce the amount of suffering that
> has to take place in order to produce my food and I have decided to be
> vegan because I think that that's a sensible strategy for achieving
> that goal. Others may have different priorities and as I said I have
> no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.- Hide quoted text -

Rupert, how do you explain our canine eye teeth? Are they for ripping
apart carrots? No, they are for ripping apart animal flesh. We are
meat eaters. To force a child against the very human nature they
are born with is child abuse of a sort. It's like the disgusting
news stories of parents tatooing thier children becuase the parent
happens to be into tattoos. It's that same selfish and narrow-minded
idea of forcing adult choices on a child.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:36*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:
> "Rupert" > wrote

> > > <
> > > <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.

> > > The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

> > > --Tedward

> > Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
> > since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
> > sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
> > years old, I think.

> > -----

> > "exception of breast milk" indeed. A is A. Not A is not A.

> > You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.

> > --Tedward

> They are not imaginary friends. The fact that I don't have photos of
> them to hand is irrelevant; photos would prove nothing. An image of an
> anorexic person has no bearing on the issue.
>
> Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't have any idea of what
> you're talking about. If you did you would provide some real evidence.
>
> -----
>
> Now you're resorting to Ad Hominid attacks, a sure sign you've lost
> the argument.

It's not an ad hominem argument. I am not basing my counter-argument
on the assertion that your opinions are ignorant prejudices, I have
given you plenty of good evidence to support my claims. The assertion
that your opinions are ignorant prejudices is just a factual
observation which I choose to put in there as well. It is quite
obviously true because you have shown yourself to be incapable of
producing any evidence to support your ill-founded beliefs.

If you insist on remaining ignorant then it's no skin off my nose; I
really couldn't care less.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:40*pm, "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 11:38*am, Rupert > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 10, 5:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:

> > > "CheeseHusker dos" > wrote

> > > <
> > > <Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

> > > And the bugs that live on them!!!

> > > --Tedward

> > Of course insects die in order to produce my food. Plenty of small
> > mammals die as well for that matter, crushed up in the combine
> > harvester. I never made any claim that no suffering and premature
> > death had to take place in order to produce my food. I am somewhat
> > motivated to make some effort to reduce the amount of suffering that
> > has to take place in order to produce my food and I have decided to be
> > vegan because I think that that's a sensible strategy for achieving
> > that goal. Others may have different priorities and as I said I have
> > no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.- Hide quoted text -

> Rupert, how do you explain our canine eye teeth? *Are they for ripping
> apart carrots? *No, they are for ripping apart animal flesh. *We are
> meat eaters. * *To force a child against the very human nature they
> are born with is child abuse of a sort. * It's like the disgusting
> news stories of parents tatooing thier children becuase the parent
> happens to be into tattoos. * It's that same selfish and narrow-minded
> idea of forcing adult choices on a child.

We have canine eye teeth because we have an evolutionary kinship with
carnivorous species. We are capable of thriving on both omnivorous and
vegetarian diets, like our primate ancestors. I've provided you with
the position of the American Dietetic Association, which you can
easily find on Google, and the opinions of two doctors with whom I
have discussed the matter, both of whom have degrees in medicine and
no kind of ideological animal-rights agenda. Also my experiences as a
vegan and many vegan friends of mine. There might be some evidence
that goes the other way, but you have yet to provide it. It is not
child abuse to bring up a child as a vegan; it's perfectly safe for
the child and the child can make its own decisions when it gets older.
As I say, your opinions are ill-founded prejudices.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:44*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 5:40*pm, "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote:

> > > Of course insects die in order to produce my food. Plenty of small
> > > mammals die as well for that matter, crushed up in the combine
> > > harvester. I never made any claim that no suffering and premature
> > > death had to take place in order to produce my food. I am somewhat
> > > motivated to make some effort to reduce the amount of suffering that
> > > has to take place in order to produce my food and I have decided to be
> > > vegan because I think that that's a sensible strategy for achieving
> > > that goal. Others may have different priorities and as I said I have
> > > no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.- Hide quoted text -

> > Rupert, how do you explain our canine eye teeth? *Are they for ripping
> > apart carrots? *No, they are for ripping apart animal flesh. *We are
> > meat eaters. * *To force a child against the very human nature they
> > are born with is child abuse of a sort. * It's like the disgusting
> > news stories of parents tatooing thier children becuase the parent
> > happens to be into tattoos. * It's that same selfish and narrow-minded
> > idea of forcing adult choices on a child.

> We have canine eye teeth because we have an evolutionary kinship with
> carnivorous species. We are capable of thriving on both omnivorous and
> vegetarian diets, like our primate ancestors. I've provided you with
> the position of the American Dietetic Association, which you can
> easily find on Google, and the opinions of two doctors with whom I
> have discussed the matter, both of whom have degrees in medicine and
> no kind of ideological animal-rights agenda. Also my experiences as a
> vegan and many vegan friends of mine. There might be some evidence
> that goes the other way, but you have yet to provide it. It is not
> child abuse to bring up a child as a vegan; it's perfectly safe for
> the child and the child can make its own decisions when it gets older.
> As I say, your opinions are ill-founded prejudices.- Hide quoted text -

what about social ostracism at school that will undoubtely occur when
other children realize that your child is different?

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic

"Rupert" > wrote

> > > <
> > > <I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.

> > > The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

> > > --Tedward

> > Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
> > since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
> > sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
> > years old, I think.

> > -----

> > "exception of breast milk" indeed. A is A. Not A is not A.

> > You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.

> > --Tedward

> They are not imaginary friends. The fact that I don't have photos of
> them to hand is irrelevant; photos would prove nothing. An image of an
> anorexic person has no bearing on the issue.
>
> Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't have any idea of what
> you're talking about. If you did you would provide some real evidence.
>
> -----
>
> Now you're resorting to Ad Hominid attacks, a sure sign you've lost
> the argument.

It's not an ad hominem argument. I am not basing my counter-argument
on the assertion that your opinions are ignorant prejudices, I have
given you plenty of good evidence to support my claims. The assertion
that your opinions are ignorant prejudices is just a factual
observation which I choose to put in there as well. It is quite
obviously true because you have shown yourself to be incapable of
producing any evidence to support your ill-founded beliefs.

If you insist on remaining ignorant then it's no skin off my nose; I
really couldn't care less.

-----

Evidence? We've provided a ton. You admit backhandedly that
children need milk. We have canines. We've all seen sickly looking
vegans (who BTW overlap with goths heavily).

You sit on an arbitrary line of how much cruelty to animals is acceptable
like some hoighty-toighty professor in an Ivory tower spewing BS that
the real world doesn't care about.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:39*pm, CheeseHusker dos > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 10:36*am, Rupert > wrote:

> > > Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

> > No sensible person believes that vegetables and fruits are capable of
> > experiencing pain.- Hide quoted text -

> wrong
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqu...-83446,00.html

The assertion is false. The person does not provide any citations of
studies that support his point of view. In fact there is no credible
scientific evidence that plants are capable of feeling pain, and no
sane person would seriously claim that they are in any context other
than trying to irritate a vegetarian. If you saw someone applying a
blowtorch to a stray dog, you would call the police, but you wouldn't
make any effort to intervene if you saw someone mowing their lawn.

> At least when I eat cheese, I'm not killing the cow.

Not directly, no, but you are giving financial incentives to an
industry which inflicts considerable suffering and premature death on
a large number of cows. Dairy cows are killed when they outlive their
usefulness, and their calves are used in the veal industry, which
confines them in small crates too small for them to turn around and
deliberately keeps them anemic so that their flesh will be pale and
soft.

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/farm_animals/...re_issues.aspx

> What's it feel like to be a mass murderer and a major contributer to
> global warming? *Why do you hate the earth?

I have no idea what you are babbling on about. By becoming a vegan I
have reduced my contribution to global warming, this is a well-
established fact. Any carbon footprint calculator will ask you "are
you a vegan", and the government of Britain agreed that it would be a
good idea to try to persuade people to reduce their meat consumption
in an effort to combat global warming.

I think there's pretty overwhelming evidence that the production of my
food causes less premature death and suffering of conscious creatures
and environmental harm than that of the diet of a typical omnivore,
but if you think otherwise then maybe you could make some kind of
respectable effort at actually making your case. As far as I can tell
you are making your assertions in complete ignorance and absence of
any actual data.

I also don't really know why you feel compelled to argue this point
with me; you seem to be in some way threatened by what I have chosen
to do. I'm not making any attempt to change your behaviour, I'm simply
trying to clear up misconceptions about veganism being unhealthy and
to explain the rationale for what I do. Your hostility and ill-founded
attempts to cast moral aspersions strike me as irrational.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic

On Oct 10, 11:47*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" >
wrote:
> "Rupert" > wrote

> > > Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
> > > since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
> > > sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
> > > years old, I think.

> > > -----

> > > "exception of breast milk" indeed. A is A. Not A is not A.

> > > You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.

> > > --Tedward

> > They are not imaginary friends. The fact that I don't have photos of
> > them to hand is irrelevant; photos would prove nothing. An image of an
> > anorexic person has no bearing on the issue.

> > Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't have any idea of what
> > you're talking about. If you did you would provide some real evidence.

> > -----

> > Now you're resorting to Ad Hominid attacks, a sure sign you've lost
> > the argument.

> It's not an ad hominem argument. I am not basing my counter-argument
> on the assertion that your opinions are ignorant prejudices, I have
> given you plenty of good evidence to support my claims. The assertion
> that your opinions are ignorant prejudices is just a factual
> observation which I choose to put in there as well. It is quite
> obviously true because you have shown yourself to be incapable of
> producing any evidence to support your ill-founded beliefs.
>
> If you insist on remaining ignorant then it's no skin off my nose; I
> really couldn't care less.
>
> -----
>
> Evidence? *We've provided a ton. *You admit backhandedly that
> children need milk. *We have canines. *We've all seen sickly looking
> vegans (who BTW overlap with goths heavily).

maybe I'm shallow, hell I'll admit that I probably am - but you don't
see many (ANY?) decent looking vegans. They all look pasty and
malnourished. ****, comparing them to goths is being kind, I'd
compare them to zombies.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2012 7:31 AM, Rupert wrote:
> On Oct 10, 4:27 pm, George Plimpton > wrote:

>>> You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

>> What's to explain? You're a dope, that's all.

> So you obviously believe, but I fail to understand what reasons you
> think you have in favour of this view.

Ha ha ha! You just gave yet another reason!

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic

"Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote

> > > Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
> > > since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
> > > sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
> > > years old, I think.

> > > -----

> > > "exception of breast milk" indeed. A is A. Not A is not A.

> > > You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.

> > > --Tedward

> > They are not imaginary friends. The fact that I don't have photos of
> > them to hand is irrelevant; photos would prove nothing. An image of an
> > anorexic person has no bearing on the issue.

> > Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't have any idea of what
> > you're talking about. If you did you would provide some real evidence.

> > -----

> > Now you're resorting to Ad Hominid attacks, a sure sign you've lost
> > the argument.

> It's not an ad hominem argument. I am not basing my counter-argument
> on the assertion that your opinions are ignorant prejudices, I have
> given you plenty of good evidence to support my claims. The assertion
> that your opinions are ignorant prejudices is just a factual
> observation which I choose to put in there as well. It is quite
> obviously true because you have shown yourself to be incapable of
> producing any evidence to support your ill-founded beliefs.
>
> If you insist on remaining ignorant then it's no skin off my nose; I
> really couldn't care less.
>
> -----
>
> Evidence? We've provided a ton. You admit backhandedly that
> children need milk. We have canines. We've all seen sickly looking
> vegans (who BTW overlap with goths heavily).

maybe I'm shallow, hell I'll admit that I probably am - but you don't
see many (ANY?) decent looking vegans. They all look pasty and
malnourished. ****, comparing them to goths is being kind, I'd
compare them to zombies.

-----

My impression is that Goths probably have one of the highest
percentage of vegans, all that bloodsucking BS notwithstanding.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 9:18*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 4:09*pm, "J.C. Watts" > wrote:

> > > This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
> > > suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
> > > healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
> > > exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
> > > Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
> > > diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
> > > significant health benefits.

> > Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

> Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
> about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
> taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
> as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
> vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.
>
> But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
> not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
> Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
> you to change your mind.

Yeah, I get all upset about animal "suffering"....

.....until I eat one.

Damn are they tasty.
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 10:46*am, "Mr. N.A.Cho" > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 11:44*am, Rupert > wrote:

> > > Rupert, how do you explain our canine eye teeth? *Are they for ripping
> > > apart carrots? *No, they are for ripping apart animal flesh. *We are
> > > meat eaters. * *To force a child against the very human nature they
> > > are born with is child abuse of a sort. * It's like the disgusting
> > > news stories of parents tatooing thier children becuase the parent
> > > happens to be into tattoos. * It's that same selfish and narrow-minded
> > > idea of forcing adult choices on a child.

> > We have canine eye teeth because we have an evolutionary kinship with
> > carnivorous species. We are capable of thriving on both omnivorous and
> > vegetarian diets, like our primate ancestors. I've provided you with
> > the position of the American Dietetic Association, which you can
> > easily find on Google, and the opinions of two doctors with whom I
> > have discussed the matter, both of whom have degrees in medicine and
> > no kind of ideological animal-rights agenda. Also my experiences as a
> > vegan and many vegan friends of mine. There might be some evidence
> > that goes the other way, but you have yet to provide it. It is not
> > child abuse to bring up a child as a vegan; it's perfectly safe for
> > the child and the child can make its own decisions when it gets older.
> > As I say, your opinions are ill-founded prejudices.- Hide quoted text -

> what about social ostracism at school that will undoubtely occur when
> other children realize that your child is different?

"Why doesn't Jimmy drink milk?"
Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 10:53*am, Rupert > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 5:39*pm, CheeseHusker dos > wrote:

> > > No sensible person believes that vegetables and fruits are capable of
> > > experiencing pain.- Hide quoted text -

> > wrong

> >http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqu...-83446,00.html

> The assertion is false. The person does not provide any citations of
> studies that support his point of view.

And yours are......where? Oh that's right- made up from hot air

> > At least when I eat cheese, I'm not killing the cow.

> Not directly, no, but you are giving financial incentives to an
> industry which inflicts considerable suffering and premature death on
> a large number of cows.

Wow - and now you toss organic farmers under the bus too. Nice.

> > What's it feel like to be a mass murderer and a major contributer to
> > global warming? *Why do you hate the earth?

> I have no idea what you are babbling on about. By becoming a vegan I
> have reduced my contribution to global warming, this is a well-
> established fact.

Plants use CO2 - in case you didn't know. You eat plants. Therefore
you are helping to increase the amount of CO2 in the air.

Nice.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

Dutch wrote:

> >> I don't the title of this thread - why would anyone want to make
> >> sausage from vegetarians?

> > Not speaking from experience, but they're reputed to make a very tasty
> > sausages.

> I imagine they'd be bland and tasteless.

Empirical data points the other way. One theory I've heard is the lack
of meat in their diet concentrates flavors.

Posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 9:25*am, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 10/10/2012 5:00 AM, Bryan wrote:

> >> It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.

> >> Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
> >> like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.

> >> No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

> > I know I've posted this several times, but there are new folks he

> > Originally posted *Jun 28 2001:

> > You've heard of omnivorous
> > You've heard of vegetarianism
> > You've heard of vegan
> > You've heard of fruitarian
> > But now, straight from the twisted brain of yours truly, here comes
> > Amputarianism. *Amputarianism fits in between omnivorousness and
> > vegetarianism.
> > You can eat meat, but only if the animal is not killed to produce the
> > meat. *You are allowed to eat animals that have died of natural
> > causes, but also parts of animals that have been removed from the
> > animal in such a way that it does not cause the death of the animal.
> > [...]

> * * * *A farmer walks into a bar with a three-legged pig. *The bartender
> * * * *asks, "How come that pig's missing a leg?"
>
> * * * *"Well," says the farmer, "there was a big fire. *My house burned
> * * * *right down to the ground. *My family and I all would have burned
> * * * *up with it if this pig hadn't come into the flaming, smoke-filled
> * * * *house and dragged each of us out, one by one."
>
> * * * *"Wow," says the bartender, respectfully.
>
> * * * *"Yep," says the farmer, "and you just don't eat a pig like that
> * * * *all at once."

When I tell that joke, I really stretch it out with a lot of details.
The punch line is something like, "You city fellers don't know much
about animals, do ya? If ya had a pig that was that good, you
wouldn't et 'im all at once now, wouldja?"

--Bryan