Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

"CheeseHusker dos" wrote

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
significant health benefits.

Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?

And the bugs that live on them!!!

--Tedward

Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:31*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
significant health benefits.

-----

I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

--Tedward

You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.

The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

--Tedward

Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
years old, I think.

-----

"exception of breast milk" indeed. *A is A. *Not A is not A.

You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.

--Tedward

They are not imaginary friends. The fact that I don't have photos of
them to hand is irrelevant; photos would prove nothing. An image of an
anorexic person has no bearing on the issue.

Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't have any idea of what
you're talking about. If you did you would provide some real evidence.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:32*pm, CheeseHusker dos wrote:
On Oct 10, 9:18*am, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 10, 4:09*pm, "J.C. Watts" wrote:

On Oct 10, 3:26*am, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 9, 8:40*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

"George Plimpton" wrote

[...]

No sensible person believes that vegetables and fruits are capable of
experiencing pain.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

[...]

Now you're resorting to Ad Hominid attacks, a sure sign you've lost
the argument.

--Tedward

Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:33*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
[...]

Of course insects die in order to produce my food. Plenty of small
mammals die as well for that matter, crushed up in the combine
harvester. I never made any claim that no suffering and premature
death had to take place in order to produce my food. I am somewhat
motivated to make some effort to reduce the amount of suffering that
has to take place in order to produce my food and I have decided to be
vegan because I think that that's a sensible strategy for achieving
that goal. Others may have different priorities and as I said I have
no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 3:26*am, Rupert wrote:

[...]

experiencing pain.- Hide quoted text -

wrong

http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqu...-83446,00.html

At least when I eat cheese, I'm not killing the cow.

What's it feel like to be a mass murderer and a major contributer to
global warming? Why do you hate the earth?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:38*am, Rupert wrote:
[...]

no interest in trying to get them to change their mind.- Hide quoted text -

Rupert, how do you explain our canine eye teeth? Are they for ripping
apart carrots? No, they are for ripping apart animal flesh. We are
meat eaters. To force a child against the very human nature they
are born with is child abuse of a sort. It's like the disgusting
news stories of parents tatooing thier children becuase the parent
happens to be into tattoos. It's that same selfish and narrow-minded
idea of forcing adult choices on a child.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:36*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
[...]

It's not an ad hominem argument. I am not basing my counter-argument
on the assertion that your opinions are ignorant prejudices, I have
given you plenty of good evidence to support my claims. The assertion
that your opinions are ignorant prejudices is just a factual
observation which I choose to put in there as well. It is quite
obviously true because you have shown yourself to be incapable of
producing any evidence to support your ill-founded beliefs.

If you insist on remaining ignorant then it's no skin off my nose; I
really couldn't care less.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:40*pm, "Mr. N.A.Cho" wrote:
[...]

We have canine eye teeth because we have an evolutionary kinship with
carnivorous species. We are capable of thriving on both omnivorous and
vegetarian diets, like our primate ancestors. I've provided you with
the position of the American Dietetic Association, which you can
easily find on Google, and the opinions of two doctors with whom I
have discussed the matter, both of whom have degrees in medicine and
no kind of ideological animal-rights agenda. Also my experiences as a
vegan and many vegan friends of mine. There might be some evidence
that goes the other way, but you have yet to provide it. It is not
child abuse to bring up a child as a vegan; it's perfectly safe for
the child and the child can make its own decisions when it gets older.
As I say, your opinions are ill-founded prejudices.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:44*am, Rupert wrote:
[...]

As I say, your opinions are ill-founded prejudices.- Hide quoted text -

what about social ostracism at school that will undoubtely occur when
other children realize that your child is different?

Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic

[...]

Evidence? We've provided a ton. You admit backhandedly that
children need milk. We have canines. We've all seen sickly looking
vegans (who BTW overlap with goths heavily).

You sit on an arbitrary line of how much cruelty to animals is acceptable
like some hoighty-toighty professor in an Ivory tower spewing BS that
the real world doesn't care about.

--Tedward

Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 3:26*am, Rupert wrote:

[...]

The assertion is false. The person does not provide any citations of
studies that support his point of view. In fact there is no credible
scientific evidence that plants are capable of feeling pain, and no
sane person would seriously claim that they are in any context other
than trying to irritate a vegetarian. If you saw someone applying a
blowtorch to a stray dog, you would call the police, but you wouldn't
make any effort to intervene if you saw someone mowing their lawn.

At least when I eat cheese, I'm not killing the cow.

Not directly, no, but you are giving financial incentives to an
industry which inflicts considerable suffering and premature death on
a large number of cows. Dairy cows are killed when they outlive their
usefulness, and their calves are used in the veal industry, which
confines them in small crates too small for them to turn around and
deliberately keeps them anemic so that their flesh will be pale and
soft.

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/farm_animals/...re_issues.aspx

What's it feel like to be a mass murderer and a major contributer to
global warming? *Why do you hate the earth?

I have no idea what you are babbling on about. By becoming a vegan I
have reduced my contribution to global warming, this is a well-
established fact. Any carbon footprint calculator will ask you "are
you a vegan", and the government of Britain agreed that it would be a
good idea to try to persuade people to reduce their meat consumption
in an effort to combat global warming.

I think there's pretty overwhelming evidence that the production of my
food causes less premature death and suffering of conscious creatures
and environmental harm than that of the diet of a typical omnivore,
but if you think otherwise then maybe you could make some kind of
respectable effort at actually making your case. As far as I can tell
you are making your assertions in complete ignorance and absence of
any actual data.

I also don't really know why you feel compelled to argue this point
with me; you seem to be in some way threatened by what I have chosen
to do. I'm not making any attempt to change your behaviour, I'm simply
trying to clear up misconceptions about veganism being unhealthy and
to explain the rationale for what I do. Your hostility and ill-founded
attempts to cast moral aspersions strike me as irrational.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic

On Oct 10, 11:47*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy"
wrote:
[...]

maybe I'm shallow, hell I'll admit that I probably am - but you don't
see many (ANY?) decent looking vegans. They all look pasty and
malnourished. ****, comparing them to goths is being kind, I'd
compare them to zombies.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:08 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On 10/10/2012 7:31 AM, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 10, 4:27 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/10/2012 7:22 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 10, 4:21 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/10/2012 1:24 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 9, 5:43 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 8:12 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 9, 5:03 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 3:34 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 8, 7:07 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/8/2012 9:37 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:

On Oct 8, 9:01 am, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:45 pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:50 am, Rupert wrote:

On Sep 21, 8:00 am, George Plimpton wrote:

On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

How would you be in a position to know?

Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

Why?

Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?

I didn't realize they did call it that.

They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:

http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!

You thought it was a good joke?

It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.

I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.

Because I saw you fall for it. You fell right over.

I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

chortle

You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

What's to explain? You're a dope, that's all.

So you obviously believe, but I fail to understand what reasons you
think you have in favour of this view.

Ha ha ha! You just gave yet another reason!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:38 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking,alt.gothic

"Mr. N.A.Cho" wrote

[...]

My impression is that Goths probably have one of the highest
percentage of vegans, all that bloodsucking BS notwithstanding.

--Tedward