Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On 10/10/2012 7:22 AM, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 10, 4:21 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/10/2012 1:24 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 9, 5:43 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 8:12 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 9, 5:03 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 3:34 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 8, 7:07 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/8/2012 9:37 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:

On Oct 8, 9:01 am, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:45 pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:50 am, Rupert wrote:

On Sep 21, 8:00 am, George Plimpton wrote:

On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

How would you be in a position to know?

Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

Why?

Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?

I didn't realize they did call it that.

They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:

http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!

You thought it was a good joke?

It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.

I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.

Because I saw you fall for it. You fell right over.

I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

chortle

You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.

What's to explain? You're a dope, that's all.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:28 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

"Rupert" wrote

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
significant health benefits.

-----

I was talking about vegans. While technically you and the ADD are
correct, it's like claiming unicorn farts are part of your diet. Show
me the vegan who can appropriate plan a diet at all stages of life,
and I'll show you a unicorn because people need meat and dairy.

--Tedward

Old 10-10-2012, 03:31 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 8, 4:50 am, Rupert wrote:

[...]

So you obviously believe, but I fail to understand what reasons you
think you have in favour of this view.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:28*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
[...]

I know plenty of vegans who have well-planned diets and are perfectly
healthy, and at least two doctors have told me that it is a very good
thing that I am vegan. It is just as easy to sensibly plan a vegan
diet as an omnivorous one. Your opinions about vegans are just not
especially well-informed; you don't really know what you're talking
about.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:50 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

[...]

I bet plenty of lurkers support your position via email, too.

--Tedward

Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 4:50*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
[...]

I haven't received any emails about the matter, no.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:14*am, "Mr.Smartypants"
wrote:
[...]

You're an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

I'd like to see the type of person that's a cradle to grave vegan.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:25 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

"Mr. N.A.Cho" wrote

[...]

The kid would break his hip taking the first step...

--Tedward

Old 10-10-2012, 04:27 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:25*am, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy"
wrote:
[...]

--Tedward- Hide quoted text -

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...6s8GgN3mqEaCJQ

Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:25*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
[...]

Two friends of mine have been bringing up their children as vegan
since birth (with the possible exception of breast milk, I am not
sure). The children are perfectly well. One of them is about seven
years old, I think.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 11:29*am, Rupert wrote:
[...]

years old, I think.- Hide quoted text -

jesus. that just smells like a version of child abuse.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

[...]

"exception of breast milk" indeed. A is A. Not A is not A.

You got two imaginary friends and Mr. Cho provided an actual picture.

--Tedward

Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 9:18*am, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 10, 4:09*pm, "J.C. Watts" wrote:

On Oct 10, 3:26*am, Rupert wrote:

On Oct 9, 8:40*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

"George Plimpton" wrote

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A

It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.

Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.

It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

No one likes "vegan" food - no one.

Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.

This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
significant health benefits.

Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.

Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
you to change your mind.- Hide quoted text -

Why do you enjoy inflicting pain onto vegetables and fruits?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking

On Oct 10, 5:31*pm, "Mr. N.A.Cho" wrote:
[...]

Your opinions are ignorant prejudices; you don't really have any idea
of what you're talking about.