Vegan (alt.food.vegan) This newsgroup exists to share ideas and issues of concern among vegans. We are always happy to share our recipes- perhaps especially with omnivores who are simply curious- or even better, accomodating a vegan guest for a meal!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:47 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,976
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

CheeseHusker dos wrote:

I don't the title of this thread - why would anyone want to make
sausage from vegetarians?


Not speaking from experience, but they're reputed to make a very tasty
sausages.



  #32 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,025
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

George M. Middius wrote:
CheeseHusker dos wrote:

I don't the title of this thread - why would anyone want to make
sausage from vegetarians?


Not speaking from experience, but they're reputed to make a very tasty
sausages.



I imagine they'd be bland and tasteless.

  #33 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 17
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 9, 2:47*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
CheeseHusker dos wrote:
I don't the title of this thread - why would anyone want to make
sausage from vegetarians?


Not speaking from experience, but they're reputed to make a very tasty
sausages.


Personally, I'm a fan of sushi....but whatever floats your boat -
NTTAWWT
  #34 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:20 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 112
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

"CheeseHusker dos" wrote

I don't the title of this thread - why would anyone want to make
sausage from vegetarians?


Not speaking from experience, but they're reputed to make a very tasty
sausages.


Personally, I'm a fan of sushi....but whatever floats your boat -
NTTAWWT

Only two things that smell like sushi...

--Tedward


  #35 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:24 AM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,380
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 9, 5:43*pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 8:12 AM, Rupert wrote:









On Oct 9, 5:03 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 3:34 AM, Rupert wrote:


On Oct 8, 7:07 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/8/2012 9:37 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:


On Oct 8, 9:01 am, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:45 pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:


On Oct 8, 4:50 am, Rupert wrote:


On Sep 21, 8:00 am, George Plimpton wrote:


On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:


Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.


How would you be in a position to know?


Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.


Why?


Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?


I didn't realize they did call it that.


They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:


http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm


Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!


You thought it was a good joke?


It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.


I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.


Because I saw you fall for it. *You fell right over.


I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.

Is that in some way "falling for" the joke? How would my response have
been different if I hadn't fallen for it?


  #36 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:24 AM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,380
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 9, 8:06*pm, [email protected] wrote:
On Mon, 8 Oct 2012 09:37:18 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
wrote:









On Oct 8, 9:01 am, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:45 pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:
On Oct 8, 4:50 am, Rupert wrote:


On Sep 21, 8:00 am, Goo wrote:


On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:


Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.


How would you be in a position to know?


Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.


Why?


Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?


I didn't realize they did call it that.


They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:


http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm


* * It almost certainly involves more animal deaths than grass raised beef, and
in some cases grain fed beef. Not as bad as rice based products, but still worse
than grass raised beef if not grain fed as well.


How do you know?
  #37 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 AM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,380
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 9, 8:40*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
"George Plimpton" wrote

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.


Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.


It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".

No one likes "vegan" food - no one.


Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.


This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
significant health benefits.
  #38 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,380
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 9, 9:55*pm, Dutch wrote:
George M. Middius wrote:
CheeseHusker dos wrote:


I don't the title of this thread - why would anyone want to make
sausage from vegetarians?


Not speaking from experience, but they're reputed to make a very tasty
sausages.


I imagine they'd be bland and tasteless.


Why; have you tried them before? If not, then how would you know?
  #39 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 01:00 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,116
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Sep 21, 1:00*am, George Plimpton wrote:
On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.

Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.

No one likes "vegan" food - no one.


I know I've posted this several times, but there are new folks he

Originally posted Jun 28 2001:

You've heard of omnivorous
You've heard of vegetarianism
You've heard of vegan
You've heard of fruitarian
But now, straight from the twisted brain of yours truly, here comes
Amputarianism. Amputarianism fits in between omnivorousness and
vegetarianism.
You can eat meat, but only if the animal is not killed to produce the
meat. You are allowed to eat animals that have died of natural
causes, but also parts of animals that have been removed from the
animal in such a way that it does not cause the death of the animal.
Example: Chicken wings. Chickens really have no use for wings,
since they don't fly anyway. An amputarian can enjoy the delicious
flavor
of Buffalo-style wings, guilt-free. Egg laying chickens don't really
*need* legs either. Heck, they just sit in a cage all day anyway.
Voila! drumsticks!
Chickens are not the only animals that can do fine w/o certain body
parts. Domestic turkeys don't need wings either. Pigs should be
able to get along fine w/ one peg leg. Can you say "HAM"???? The
ears on
pigs, cattle, sheep, etc. are completely superfluous in an
environment where there are humans to protect them from predators.
Tails too can
be bobbed to make fine soup bones. Believe it or not, liver tissue
grows back if a portion of it is
surgically removed. Mmmmm, liver and onions.
Amputarianism, remember, you heard it here first.

--Bryan
  #40 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 32
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 9, 4:20*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
"CheeseHusker dos" wrote

I don't the title of this thread - why would anyone want to make
sausage from vegetarians?


Not speaking from experience, but they're reputed to make a very tasty
sausages.



Personally, I'm a fan of sushi....but whatever floats your boat -
NTTAWWT

Only two things that smell like sushi...

--Tedward


your finger and sushi.


  #41 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 10, 3:26*am, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 9, 8:40*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

"George Plimpton" wrote


Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.


Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.


It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".


No one likes "vegan" food - no one.


Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.


This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
significant health benefits.



Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.
  #42 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:18 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,380
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 10, 4:09*pm, "J.C. Watts" wrote:
On Oct 10, 3:26*am, Rupert wrote:









On Oct 9, 8:40*pm, "The Undead Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:


"George Plimpton" wrote


Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.


Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.


It's mostly for people who like meat but are trying to eat "healthy".


No one likes "vegan" food - no one.


Some actually do, the problem is none of them are healthy.


This isn't true. Just about everyone enjoys some food which is
suitable for vegans. And a significant majority of those people are
healthy. Furthermore a significant majority of those who consume an
exclusively vegan diet are quite healthy. The American Dietetic
Association has endorsed the position that appropriately-planned vegan
diets are nutritionally adequate at all stages of life, and carry many
significant health benefits.


Yeah, but hamburgers taste so much better.


Well, if that's what you reckon then that's fine. I've been vegan for
about 16 years and I definitely remember that I used to enjoy the
taste of meat and I also think that I enjoy my food now about as much
as I used to before I became vegan. And I also believe that by being
vegan I'm reducing my expected contribution to animal suffering.

But you may find it unlikely that you would enjoy food and/or you may
not find the consideration about animal suffering to be compelling.
Which is of course your choice, I have no interest in trying to get
you to change your mind.
  #43 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:21 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On 10/10/2012 1:24 AM, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 9, 5:43 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 8:12 AM, Rupert wrote:









On Oct 9, 5:03 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 3:34 AM, Rupert wrote:


On Oct 8, 7:07 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/8/2012 9:37 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:


On Oct 8, 9:01 am, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:45 pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:


On Oct 8, 4:50 am, Rupert wrote:


On Sep 21, 8:00 am, George Plimpton wrote:


On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:


Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.


How would you be in a position to know?


Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.


Why?


Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?


I didn't realize they did call it that.


They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:


http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm


Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!


You thought it was a good joke?


It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.


I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.


Because I saw you fall for it. You fell right over.


I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.


chortle

  #44 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,380
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On Oct 10, 4:21*pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/10/2012 1:24 AM, Rupert wrote:









On Oct 9, 5:43 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 8:12 AM, Rupert wrote:


On Oct 9, 5:03 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/9/2012 3:34 AM, Rupert wrote:


On Oct 8, 7:07 pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 10/8/2012 9:37 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:


On Oct 8, 9:01 am, Rupert wrote:
On Oct 8, 5:45 pm, spamtrap1888 wrote:


On Oct 8, 4:50 am, Rupert wrote:


On Sep 21, 8:00 am, George Plimpton wrote:


On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:


Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. *It's unpalatable shit.


How would you be in a position to know?


Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
like meat? **Extremely* suspicious.


Why?


Why do you think they call vegan meat Satan?


I didn't realize they did call it that.


They changed the spelling to throw people off the track.:


http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm


Ha ha ha ha ha - good one!


You thought it was a good joke?


It was a great joke, especially because you fell for it.


I don't really understand why you think I fell for it.


Because I saw you fall for it. *You fell right over.


I don't understand what you mean. What happened was that I said I
didn't realize that they called vegan meat Satan, which is of course
true. At that stage I didn't realize that he wanted to make a pun on
the names of one of the mock meats, but then he explained himself.


chortle


You don't seem to be willing to explain yourself.
  #45 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-10-2012, 03:25 PM posted to alt.creative+cooking,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,258
Default Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage)

On 10/10/2012 5:00 AM, Bryan wrote:
On Sep 21, 1:00 am, George Plimpton wrote:
On 9/20/2012 3:04 PM, Just.Some.guy wrote:

Check this out Its great
http://youtu.be/1LIyVBWaE_A


It's shit. It's unpalatable shit.

Why are "vegans" continually trying to make stuff look like and taste
like meat? *Extremely* suspicious.

No one likes "vegan" food - no one.


I know I've posted this several times, but there are new folks he

Originally posted Jun 28 2001:

You've heard of omnivorous
You've heard of vegetarianism
You've heard of vegan
You've heard of fruitarian
But now, straight from the twisted brain of yours truly, here comes
Amputarianism. Amputarianism fits in between omnivorousness and
vegetarianism.
You can eat meat, but only if the animal is not killed to produce the
meat. You are allowed to eat animals that have died of natural
causes, but also parts of animals that have been removed from the
animal in such a way that it does not cause the death of the animal.
[...]


A farmer walks into a bar with a three-legged pig. The bartender
asks, "How come that pig's missing a leg?"

"Well," says the farmer, "there was a big fire. My house burned
right down to the ground. My family and I all would have burned
up with it if this pig hadn't come into the flaming, smoke-filled
house and dragged each of us out, one by one."

"Wow," says the bartender, respectfully.

"Yep," says the farmer, "and you just don't eat a pig like that
all at once."



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage) Rupert General Cooking 62 17-12-2012 09:08 PM
Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage) George Plimpton General Cooking 0 01-11-2012 11:42 PM
Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage) [email protected] General Cooking 1 01-11-2012 10:08 PM
Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage) spamtrap1888 General Cooking 0 08-10-2012 04:36 PM
Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage (meatless sausage) Just.Some.guy Vegan 0 20-09-2012 10:25 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017