FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Why Ronald McDonald Is Going Vegetarian (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/419719-why-ronald-mcdonald-going.html)

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 07-09-2012 09:23 PM

Why Ronald McDonald Is Going Vegetarian

Hindu Press International
Hinduism Today Magazine
http://www.hinduismtoday.com
Thursday, September 6, 2012

USA, September 5, 2012 (Forbes): McDonald's plans to open
vegetarian outlets in two holy cities in India. Why is
the company that perfected burger flipping delving into
the likes of McVeggie, McAloo Tikki and McSpicy Paneer,
after more than 16 years in India? Here's one possibility
-- global comparable sales were flat in July. The U.S.
was down 0.1%, Europe was down 0.6%, and Asia/Pacific,
Middle East and Africa were down 1.5%.

In the release announcing July's disappointing figures,
chief Don Thompson said he had three global priorities:
optimize the menu, modernize the experience, and broaden
accessibility to the brand. McDonald's has just 271
stores in India, according to the Financial Times. That
leaves plenty of room to grow.

Source -
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ycharts/...ng-vegetarian/

http://www.hinduismtoday.com/blogs-n...ian/12365.html

More at:

Hindu Press International
Hinduism Today Magazine
http://www.hinduismtoday.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

o o o

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used
for the educational purposes of research and open
discussion. The contents of this post may not have been
authored by, and do not necessarily represent the opinion
of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright
law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

o If you send private e-mail to me, it will likely
not be read, considered or answered if it does not
contain your full legal name, current e-mail and postal
addresses, and live-voice telephone number.

o Posted for information and discussion. Views
expressed by others are not necessarily those of the
poster who may or may not have read the article.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted
material the use of which may or may not have been
specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This
material is being made available in efforts to advance
the understanding of environmental, political, human
rights, economic, democratic, scientific, social, and
cultural, etc., issues. It is believed that this
constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material
as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the
material on this site is distributed without profit to
the included information for research, comment,
discussion and educational purposes by subscribing to
USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more
information go to:

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article
for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you
must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed by forgery by one
or more net terrorists, this post may be reposted several
times.

dh@. 10-09-2012 02:53 PM

Why Ronald McDonald Is Going Vegetarian

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 20:23:47 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>Why Ronald McDonald Is Going Vegetarian
>
>Hindu Press International
>Hinduism Today Magazine
>http://www.hinduismtoday.com
>Thursday, September 6, 2012
>
>USA, September 5, 2012 (Forbes): McDonald's plans to open
>vegetarian outlets in two holy cities in India. Why is
>the company that perfected burger flipping delving into
>the likes of McVeggie, McAloo Tikki and McSpicy Paneer,
>after more than 16 years in India?

Good question. Eliminationists act like they caused McDonald's to use more
animal friendly methods of farming. If that were actually true why wouldn't
McDonald's try to market their products which provide lives of positive value
for livestock instead of products which don't do anything at all to benefit any
livestock, but only result in the deaths of wildlife?