FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   sushi (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/419147-sushi.html)

Rogi 01-08-2012 07:54 PM

sushi

http://www.sushifaq.com has information about how I can make sushi at
home, but has anyone ever done this? I don't think it's as easy as it
looks, but I was wondering if anyone has tried. Some items don't look
too hard, but the rolls seem like you would need a lot of practice. SO
has anyone tried making it at home and is it as easy as they make it
look? And yes, sushi can be vegan.

Ivan The Not-So-Bad 01-08-2012 09:46 PM

sushi

On 2012-08-01, Rogi > wrote:
> http://www.sushifaq.com has information about how I can make sushi at
> home, but has anyone ever done this? I don't think it's as easy as it
> looks, but I was wondering if anyone has tried. Some items don't look
> too hard, but the rolls seem like you would need a lot of practice. SO
> has anyone tried making it at home and is it as easy as they make it
> look? And yes, sushi can be vegan.

I tried making sushi a few times and it was not easy but the hard part is doing
the rolling. It just takes practice. I also didn't use sushi-grade rice. That
would have helped a bunch.

Jim Elbrecht 01-08-2012 11:24 PM

sushi

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:54:52 -0400, Rogi >
wrote:

>http://www.sushifaq.com has information about how I can make sushi at
>home, but has anyone ever done this? I don't think it's as easy as it
>looks, but I was wondering if anyone has tried. Some items don't look
>too hard, but the rolls seem like you would need a lot of practice. SO
>has anyone tried making it at home and is it as easy as they make it
>look? And yes, sushi can be vegan.

Yes-- Start with the rice. Go to an Asian store and buy sushi rice.
[and the Nori, Mirin, rice vinegar, and kelp-- you'll find they are a
fraction of the price of the regular store-- you'll have a selection,
and they will probably be fresher]

Get a little roller- bamboo or silicon.

follow this recipe-
http://www.food.com/recipe/minados-p...#ixzz1oGy1YwUz