Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.bio.food-science

Default Safe to ingest ?

After hearing about many people's negative reaction to *glucose-fructose
syrup* in the U.S.A., I was surprised to discover now in our local Tesco's
it's in: Jams, baked beans and biscuits; over here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4Z7W5x1pY

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...avoc-diet.html

Am I being Paranoid ? Obviously the food manufacturers say no.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.bio.food-science

john reed > wrote:

>Am I being Paranoid ?

Let's put it this way. It may be completely safe, or it may be
disadvantageous for some persons (those who need to reduce their
fructose input). But it's definitely a sign the manufacturer
is cutting corners, so it's definitely not a sign of a good quality
product.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.bio.food-science

On Jul 30, 11:07*am, "john reed" > wrote:
> After hearing about many people's negative reaction to *glucose-fructose
> syrup* in the U.S.A., I was surprised to discover now in our local Tesco's
> it's in: Jams, baked beans and biscuits; over here.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4Z7W5x1pY
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...obNobs-moreish...
>
> Am I being Paranoid ? * Obviously the food manufacturers say no.

tert found this interesting article on how Americans' food consumption
has changed since the 1950s.

Along with whole milk consumption dropping by 75%, and egg consumption
dropping by a third, consumption of sugars has gone up 50%. I think
the problem is simple sugars, not HFCS vs. sucrose.

http://www.usda.gov/factbook/chapter2.pdf
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.vegan,sci.bio.food-science

On Jul 30, 1:07*pm, "john reed" > wrote:
> After hearing about many people's negative reaction to *glucose-fructose
> syrup* in the U.S.A., I was surprised to discover now in our local Tesco's
> it's in: Jams, baked beans and biscuits; over here.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4Z7W5x1pY
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...obNobs-moreish...
>
> Am I being Paranoid ? * Obviously the food manufacturers say no.

I find it difficult to believe that no one in the food industry had
any idea that the sugar they were using made people eat more than they
otherwise would have.

Safe to ingest ? john reed General Cooking 4 31-07-2012 09:07 AM
Safe to eat or not D. T. Green General Cooking 11 21-05-2012 12:24 PM
Safe to eat? [email protected] General Cooking 58 08-01-2009 08:43 PM
safe Dimitri General Cooking 12 18-12-2008 12:34 AM
Soy is Safe. Ron Vegan 99 29-12-2004 12:53 AM