FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Safe to ingest ? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/419102-safe-ingest.html)

john reed 30-07-2012 07:07 PM

Safe to ingest ?

After hearing about many people's negative reaction to *glucose-fructose
syrup* in the U.S.A., I was surprised to discover now in our local Tesco's
it's in: Jams, baked beans and biscuits; over here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4Z7W5x1pY

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...avoc-diet.html

Am I being Paranoid ? Obviously the food manufacturers say no.

Steve Pope 30-07-2012 08:16 PM

Safe to ingest ?

john reed > wrote:

>Am I being Paranoid ?

Let's put it this way. It may be completely safe, or it may be
disadvantageous for some persons (those who need to reduce their
fructose input). But it's definitely a sign the manufacturer
is cutting corners, so it's definitely not a sign of a good quality
product.

Steve

spamtrap1888 30-07-2012 09:26 PM

Safe to ingest ?

On Jul 30, 11:07*am, "john reed" > wrote:
> After hearing about many people's negative reaction to *glucose-fructose
> syrup* in the U.S.A., I was surprised to discover now in our local Tesco's
> it's in: Jams, baked beans and biscuits; over here.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4Z7W5x1pY
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...obNobs-moreish...
>
> Am I being Paranoid ? * Obviously the food manufacturers say no.

tert found this interesting article on how Americans' food consumption
has changed since the 1950s.

Along with whole milk consumption dropping by 75%, and egg consumption
dropping by a third, consumption of sugars has gone up 50%. I think
the problem is simple sugars, not HFCS vs. sucrose.

http://www.usda.gov/factbook/chapter2.pdf

Christopher Helms 31-07-2012 09:07 AM

Safe to ingest ?

On Jul 30, 1:07*pm, "john reed" > wrote:
> After hearing about many people's negative reaction to *glucose-fructose
> syrup* in the U.S.A., I was surprised to discover now in our local Tesco's
> it's in: Jams, baked beans and biscuits; over here.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4Z7W5x1pY
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...obNobs-moreish...
>
> Am I being Paranoid ? * Obviously the food manufacturers say no.

I find it difficult to believe that no one in the food industry had
any idea that the sugar they were using made people eat more than they
otherwise would have.