FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Dr. Greger's 2012 nutrition presentation now on DVD (all proceeds to charity) (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/418775-dr-gregers-2012-nutrition.html)

Michael Greger, M.D. 08-07-2012 05:09 PM

Dr. Greger's 2012 nutrition presentation now on DVD (all proceeds to charity)

Every year I scour the world's scholarly literature on clinical nutrition pulling together what I find to be the most interesting, practical, and groundbreaking science on how best to feed ourselves and our families. I start with the 12,000 or so papers published annually on human nutrition and, thanks to a crack team of volunteers, am able to whittle those down to about 3,000 studies, which are downloaded, read, analyzed, and churned into a few hundred short videos so I can post a new video every day, year-round, to NutritionFacts.org. This certainly makes the site unique. There's no other science-based source for free daily video updates on the latest discoveries in nutrition. The problem is that the amount of information can be overwhelming.

NutritionFacts.org now has more than 500 videos covering over 1,000 subjects (http://nutritionfacts.org/topics ). Where do you even begin? Many have expressed their appreciation for the breadth of material presented, but asked that I please try to condense this body of work into a coherent summary on how best to use diet to prevent, treat, and even reverse chronic disease. I took this feedback to heart and developed a brand-new presentation that I premiered last week and will be giving around the country (http://www.DrGreger.org/dates.html ) all year. If you weren't at the premiere, no worries--Aaron Wissner of LocalFuture.org was, and he graciously volunteered to videotape it and so now everyone can see it!

Go to http://www.drgreger.org/DVDs to pre-order my new presentation on DVD for $10 (all proceeds donated to charity). It's still in production, but should ship out next week (when you'll also be able to get it on Amazon (http://amzn.to/N1ksK2 ). Hopefully sharing my work this way will be easier than inviting folks over for a 20-hour NutritionFacts.org video marathon! :)

In health,

Michael Greger M.D.
NutritionFacts.org