Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,sci.environment,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion,soc.culture.usa

Default Want to Save Earth? Cut Out Meat - Discovery News, Live Science

Want to Save Earth? Cut Out Meat

By Jessica Marshall, Discovery News
Live Science

http://www.livescience.com/19684-red...vironment.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,sci.environment,alt.food.vegan

On Apr 15, 10:52*pm, and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> Want to Save Earth? Cut Out Meat

> http://www.livescience.com/19684-red...on-environment....
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

I've been a veggie for over 3 decades now (mainly to do with health
reasons, but in the last few years for ethical ones aswell) and it's
encouraging that mainstreem news stories are getting the message
across, the article says:

"Davidson points out that 30 years ago, no one would have believed it
possible that smoking would be banned in bars, yet that has come to
pass."

- which is so so true in my recollection. I remember trying to get a
veggie meal in some restaurants back when I started out was "anything
on the menu but we take out the meat part" - which any restaurant
would be crazy to adopt as a method these days! Or at least to admit
it to customers.

"His work showed that it would be necessary to reduce meat consumption
in the developed world by 50 percent -- and to manage nitrogen twice
as efficiently - We've been living in a very luxurious way. To go from
82 kg (180 pounds) of meat a year to 40 (88 pounds) doesn't seem like
it should be so much to ask."

Hear hear!!

xx Sarah xx
Professional Farrier - GPF Certified