Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,talk.politics.animals

Default Squaring the Irrational Search for Micrograms with "vegan" do-nothingism

On 4/6/2012 8:03 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
> Woopert blabbers a lot about how "vegans" are entitled to their smug
> satisfaction that they've made a meaningful contribution to the
> reduction of animal suffering merely by not putting identifiable animal
> bits in their mouths. I point out that "vegans" never attempt to make
> any comparison of the amounts of harm caused by those things they *do*
> eat, and Woopert moans that "there's no data", and so he justifies doing
> nothing further.
>
> But "vegans" - all of them - spend an inordinate amount of time looking
> for and trying to eliminate the last possible bit of animal
> "contamination" from their diet. In my time in these groups since 1999,
> I have seen the following belabored here by "vegans":
>
> * brined black olives in tins or jars - the brining liquid is made
> black by the addition of squid ink
>
> * Worcestershire sauce - the classic Lea & Perrins recipe, and
> probably most other brands, contain a tiny amount of anchovy
>
> * refined sugar - the most common method of refining sugar to create
> white crystalline sugar uses bone char
>
> * lanolin in lotions and body creams - lanolin is a by-product of
> wool production
>

> "vegans" spend huge amounts of time and effort trying to identify these
> last remaining bits of animal "contamination" in their shopping baskets
> and eliminating them. When they find one of them and report on it here
> or in other "vegan" forums, there is a palpable sense of smugness in the
> announcement of the discovery and removal; something like "Well! That's
> the last time *I* will buy a bottle of Lea & Perrins!!!"
>
> I refer to this effort as the Irrational Search for Micrograms (of
> Animal Parts). If a "vegan" made a comparable effort to determine which
> vegetable and fruit produce causes the most harm, and eliminate those
> from her diet, it would undoubtedly have a much greater effect in
> reducing harm to animals; but announcing that one is *consuming* a few
> micrograms less of animal bits is much more satisfying to the "vegan"
> sense of unwarranted moral superiority.
>
> This irrational search - and it is undeniable that it occurs -
> completely queers the "vegan" claim to being motivated by a wish to
> reduce harm to animals. No, the motivation is *purely* trying to occupy
> an imaginary moral pedestal, and basking in the fake sense of
> superiority that comes from imagining themselves upon it. The fact
> they'll expend enormous time and effort in the irrational search, but
> *no* time or effort trying to get harm-causing vegetable produce out of
> their diets, is the proof.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,talk.politics.animals

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:46:33 -0700, Goo wrote:
..
>> "vegans" spend huge amounts of time and effort trying to identify these
>> last remaining bits of animal "contamination" in their shopping baskets
>> and eliminating them.

All of the following supposed vegetarian products contain egg whites Goober,
most if not all probably from cage raised hens:

Quorn Meat-Free Patties
Nuggets and Cutlets

Light Life Smart Menu!:
Meat Free Chick'n Nuggets
Chicken Patties
Veggie-licious Fiesta Bean Burger

Boca Meatless:
Chik'n Wings
Italian Sausage
Breakfast Patties
Breakfast Links

Morningstar Farms:
Veggie Burgers
Thai Burgers
Corn Dogs
Veggie Breakfast Breakfast Patties
Veggie Chicken
Chik'n Nuggets
Roasted Herb Chik'n

Worthington:
Vegetarian Fillets
Meatless Wham
Prosage Patties
Stakelets
Meatless Chicken
Chik Stiks
Leanies Vegetarian Hot Dogs
Meatless Smoked Turkey
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,talk.politics.animals

On 10/2/2013 12:22 PM, ****wit David Harrison - *Gloo* - stupid,
illiterate cracker and convicted felon, defeated entirely in 1999 and
doing nothing but wasting time ever since, confessed and *lost again*:

> On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:46:33 -0700, George Plimpton wrote:
> .
>>> "vegans" spend huge amounts of time and effort trying to identify these
>>> last remaining bits of animal "contamination" in their shopping baskets
>>> and eliminating them.

> All of the following supposed vegetarian products contain egg whites

Most "vegans" don't eat them, ****wit. Anyway, *Gloo*, most of those
products are *not* said to be vegetarian; their manufacturers refer to
them as "meatless."

You are not a man.