Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Dr. Greger's new vol. 8 Latest in Nutrition DVD (all proceeds to charity)

I'm excited to announce that yet another new volume of my Latest in
Human
Nutrition DVD series is now available at humanesociety.org/nutrition
(all proceeds go to The Humane Society of the United States).

Normally, I come out with just one volume a year, but to fulfill my
promise of uploading a new video every weekday year-round to
NutritionFacts.org I've had to step it up! As usual, I've try to scour
the world's scholarly
literature on clinical nutrition for the most interesting, practical,
and groundbreaking science published over the last 12 months on how
best to feed ourselves and our families to prevent, treat, and even
reverse chronic disease.

Here's the chapter listing for volume 8:

1. Is there anything kale can’t do?
2. Smoking versus kale
3. Smoking versus broccoli
4. From stem to stern
5. From broccoli to breast
6. Liver toxicity due to broccoli juice?
7. How much broccoli is too much?
8. The best detox
9. Sometimes the enzyme myth is true
10. Have broccoli, won’t travel
11. Biggest nutrition bang for the buck
12. The dangers of broccoli?
13. Raw broccoli and bladder cancer survival
14. Breast cancer survival, butterfat, and chicken
15. Breast cancer survival and trans fat
16. Breast cancer survival and lignan intake
17. Flax and fecal flora
18. Breast cancer survival and soy
19. Coffee and cancer
20. What about the caffeine?
21. Vegetarians versus healthy omnivores
22. EPIC findings on lymphoma
23. Dioxins, viruses, or antibiotics?
24. Poultry and penis cancer
25. Carcinogenic retrovirus found in eggs
26. Poultry exposure and neurological disease
27. Poultry and paralysis
28. Cross-contamination risks
29. Meat-borne infection risk from shopping carts
30. A treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome
31. Cholesterol and female sexual dysfunction
32. Cholesterol and lower back pain
33. Watermelon as treatment for erectile dysfunction
34. The safer cinnamon
35. Raw veggies versus cooked for heart disease
36. The fruit whose juice is healthier
37. Preventing COPD with diet
38. Treating COPD with diet
39. Eating healthy on the cheap
40. When meat can be a lifesaver
41. Creatine brain fuel supplementation
42. Cheese mites and maggots
43. Cow’s milk-induced infant apnea
44. Cow’s milk casomorphin and crib death
45. Cow’s milk casomorphin and autism
46. National Dairy Council on acne and milk
47. Skim milk and acne
48. The acne-promoting effects of milk
49. Apples and oranges: dietary diversity
50. Garden variety anti-inflammation
51. Preventing macular degeneration with diet
52. How to see 27 miles farther
53. Preventing cataracts with diet

To watch all my older videos (from volumes 1-7) for free, go to:
NutritionFacts.org

Since my last email, the highest rated videos have been Better Than
Green Tea?, which compared the antioxidant content of popular
beverages: nutritionfacts.org/videos/better-than-green-tea/
and Doping With Beet Juice, the first of a 17-part series on the
performance-enhancing effects of vegetables that extends into next
week: nutritionfacts.org/videos/doping-with-beet-juice/

And my most popular blog posting was Amla: Indian Gooseberries vs.
Cancer, Diabetes, and Cholesterol, a summary of my videos about a
fruit with 200 times the antioxidant power of blueberries (though is
less expensive):
nutritionfacts.org/blog/2012/01/17/amla-indian-gooseberries-versus-
cancer-diabetes-and-cholesterol

If you haven't yet, please get connected and stay in touch, so you
don't miss a day:

Keep up with the new videos posted every day:
NutritionFacts.org

Subscribe to the daily video and blog feed:
nutritionfacts.org/feed/blended/

Sign up to get emails with each blog update:
nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/

Like and follow on facebook:
facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org

Follow on twitter:
twitter.com/nutrition_facts

And please help me spread the word by sharing videos with your
friends and family.

In health,
-Michael Greger, M.D.

Director, Public Health and Animal Agriculture
Humane Society of the United States | Humane Society International |
Humane Society Institute of Science and Policy
2100 L St., N.W. | Washington, DC 20037 | t (301) 721-6461 | f (202)
676-2372
DrGreger.org
NutritionFacts.org