Posted to alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.food.vegan

Default [Flonknews] Would You Like Some Silly Putty with That?

Would you like a cow eyeball with your burger?

One of the more-enduring urban legends about McDonald’s is that their
hamburgers contain cow eyeballs. While this has not proven to be the
case, their Baked Hot Apple Pie does contain duck feathers, or at
least an ingredient commonly derived from such. Truth can be just as
strange as fiction.

How have duck feathers become a viable ingredient in apple pie?
Welcome to the world of food additives. People have been adding
flavors, spices, natural preservatives and ripening agents to food
since antiquity. But as the popularity of highly processed food has
risen dramatically since the 1950s, so has the astounding array of
bizarre chemical additives used in food manufacturing. Fast-food
recipes seem to be born more from the laboratory than from farm or
field.

And although the powers that be deem these food-additive chemicals
safe, the science fiction of it all is a bit unsettling. How do we
come up with these things? Here are some of the wackiest of the
bunch . . . :

<mo>

http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...s-in-fast-food

["Google Groups does not currently support posting to the following
usenet groups:
'alt.vegan' "]

--

Duck feathers and human hair in bread?
we need a vegan Seal of Approval or something.

[FlonkNews] We're All Bozos in This Restaurant mimus[_2_] Vegan 5 13-02-2013 07:07 PM
Silly Question Green Mtn. Griller General Cooking 3 15-10-2006 04:53 AM
i think this is silly dug88 Barbecue 80 10-02-2005 04:27 PM
Silly Little Tip Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 88 31-03-2004 04:19 AM