Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default SLAUGHTERING COWS IS BARBARIC AND OFFENSIVE TO BHARAT

Slaughtering cows is barbaric and offensive to India

By*Anuradha Dutt
Op-Ed
The Pioneer
http://www.dailypioneer.com
Monday, January 16, 2012

'Liberals' have condemned the anti cow-slaughter laws adopted by some
States. In doing so, they ignore the sensitivities of the majority
population

The enactment of Cow Slaughter Prohibition (Amendment) Act, 2010 in
Madhya Pradesh has elicited some vitriolic reactions, with one writer
dwelling on the attractions of a beef steak. A similar diatribe in a
Muslim nation, extolling the flavour of pork, would have been
sufficient to get the police and clerics on the scribe's trail. But
India happens to be a secular democracy, with the Constitutional
directive to ban cow slaughter being flouted with impunity by West
Bengal, Kerala and the North-East.

The fact that most people in Hindu-majority India shun beef, and that
the 1857 Mutiny against the British rule was triggered by the use of
cow and pig lard on cartridges, seems to be of little concern to
political parties that pander to minority sentiments or, more likely,
beef, leather and exporters' cartels. The irony is that even Jammu &
Kashmir, battered by Islamist terror, has a strong anti-cow slaughter
Act, enforced in 1896 by the erstwhile Dogra monarchy.

In the present instance, disturbed by the provisions for a seven-year
jail term for a lapse and minimum fine of Rs 5,000, beef lobbyists
have been quoting from the scriptures, like the Biblical Devil, to
justify their stand. The onset of economic liberalisation was marked
by a slew of supposedly scholarly features on the consumption of
beef, especially as ritual food, by Hindus in Vedic and subsequent
times.

But that the interpretation of Sanskrit verses is geared towards
demolishing traditional beliefs is evident from the following
excerpts. Mahabharat, for instance, states in praise of cows: "Cows
are the prestige of beings -- they are givers of all good. Cows were
and will be the health-givers. Cows are the root of wealth and
prosperity. Nothing that is given to the cows or is with them is
lost. Cows are food itself. They give food and ghee and milk for the
sacrifice. Oblations and offerings are inherent in the cow. Verily,
cows are the very result of the sacrifice, and the yagyas are
inherent in them."

How easy would it be to twist the phrase, 'Cows are food itself', out
of context to imply that ancient people routinely consumed beef.
Besides cows' utility as milch animals, in farming, with dung and
remains fertilising fields, and the use of panchgavya -- five
products of milk, ghee, butter (and curd), dung and urine -- in
Ayurvedic medicine and the first three as sacrificial offerings, they
have sanctity in Indic metaphysics. The Shree Krishna avatar and his
profound association with cows underline this belief.

Preceding this, Atharv Ved says: "The cow, in the form of the
universe, may fulfill our desires." The exalted position accorded to
cows in the Vedas is denoted by the use of the term Dhenu (cow) for
Aditi, mother of the gods, while the gods are referred to as gojaat
(kin of the cows). 'Aghnya' is the word commonly used for cows in the
Vedas, denoting that they should not be injured. These earliest
available Sanskrit texts recount that the deity Indra freed the cows
from the mountain and made them available to humans, though not for
meat. The fire in which meat is roasted is not to be used for yagyas,
with a phrase in Rg Ved stating: "I am taking away the fire far from
the place of roasting."

A verse in Yajur Ved abjures all violence: "Protect and rear the
animals: do not hit the cow; do not hit the goats; nor the sheep; nor
any other creature; nor two-legged animals; nor the one-legged; one
should not injure any living being."

Panchatantr which is a set of popular fables, aver: "If one can go to
heaven by cutting down trees, killing animals and letting of blood of
injured beings -- who will go to hell then?"

About ritual sacrifice, Mahabharat says: "It is said that in the
olden age, crops used to take the place of animals; and pious men,
seeking heaven, used to perform their sacrifices with these only."
Eight chapters of Anushasan Parva of Mahabharat concern the cow.
Bheeshm, quoting from the Shrutis, says: "The cow is my mother; the
bullock is the father; heaven is my shelter; and by this in the world
arises my prestige."

Further, he says: "The sacrifice becomes fruitful by her. She is the
embryo of nectar and the prestige of the world. On earth, she is
prosperity, birth-giving. All prosperity is due to the cow. This is
the real truth."

Devout Hindus, and especially the business class since millennia,
have rendered service to cows by providing for the upkeep of cattle,
even old, useless ones that are saved from slaughter houses. Some
Islamic rulers, respecting such sentiments, also banned cow
slaughter, which, however, was sanctioned by the British on a mass
scale, for obtaining beef, leather and lard. Mechanised means of
butchering facilitated the decimation of cattle and other creatures.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnis...-to-india.html

More at:
http://www.dailypioneer.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

-----

About the terrorist Goon Squad:

As everyone knows, a goon is a bully or thug who terrorizes or tries
to do away with opposition.

"Myself, Mallu. Yourself?" (V. Bhattathiri) >
tries his best to be a bully -- telling others what and when to post,
where to post and where not to post, deliberately publishing lies
about others, stalking and abusing them with hate speech -- but fails
miserably. He is really stressed out, and like his lap dog Prem
Thomas (who currently posts as "P. Rajah" >, and issues
*death threats* to people), is priming himself for conditions such as
stroke and heart disease. Others in the Goon Squad include
Dayashankar M. Joshi "DMJoshi" > who displays
unquestioning obedience to Goon Squad thugs, and the instigator who
posts as "Bholu" >

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)" wrote
> Slaughtering cows is barbaric and offensive to India

Who cares? Nobody gives a shit about India.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Nobody gives a shit. Nobody should.

On 1/16/2012 2:40 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Slaughtering cows is barbaric and offensive to India
>
> By Anuradha Dutt
> Op-Ed
> The Pioneer
> http://www.dailypioneer.com
> Monday, January 16, 2012
>
><snip>

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> [...]
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti
>
> -----
>
> About the terrorist Goon Squad:

> As everyone knows, a goon is a bully or thug who terrorizes or tries
> to do away with opposition.
>
> "Myself, Mallu. Yourself?" (V. Bhattathiri) >
> tries his best to be a bully -- telling others what and when to post,
> where to post and where not to post, deliberately publishing lies
> about others, stalking and abusing them with hate speech -- but fails
> miserably. He is really stressed out, and like his lap dog Prem
> Thomas (who currently posts as "P. Rajah" >, and issues
> *death threats* to people), is priming himself for conditions such as
> stroke and heart disease. Others in the Goon Squad include
> Dayashankar M. Joshi "DMJoshi" > who displays
> unquestioning obedience to Goon Squad thugs, and the instigator who

Forwarded post from S. N.

The author is living in a fool's paradise. Only Minorities have
rights and feelings in India.

End of forwarded post from S. N.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj)" wrote in
message news:20120117yEaGI8039OxWsA@ZloId...
> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>
>> Slaughtering cows is barbaric and offensive to India

Nobody ca-ares...