Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.food.vegan,talk.environment,alt.politics,sci.med,misc.health.alternative

Default Most milk in Bharat contaminated or diluted

Most milk in India contaminated or diluted

Reuters
PTI
DNA
Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Indraprasth aka New Delhi - Indians may think twice before gulping
down a glass of milk after the country's food safety regulator found
most samples collected in a survey were either diluted or adulterated
with products including fertilizer, bleach and detergent.

The study, conducted this month by the food safety and standards
authority of India, found milk was adulterated with skimmed milk
powder and glucose, or more shockingly hydrogen peroxide, urea and
detergent. Hydrogen peroxide is used in bleach, while urea is
commonly used in fertilizer.

"Consumption of milk with detergent may cause health hazards and
indicates lack of hygiene and sanitation in the milk handling," the
regulator said in a report.

"Addition of water not only reduces the nutritional value of milk but
contaminated water may also pose health risks." A health ministry
official declined to comment on the report. India has long struggled
with adulteration of food and milk by unscrupulous traders. Almost
70% of the 1,791 samples taken nationwide were contaminated or
watered down, according to the report. Out of 33 Indian states, non-
fat adulterants were found in all the milk samples from West Bengal,
Orissa and Jharkhand.

This adds to concern about West Bengal's faltering health and safety
standards. In December, an adulterated batch of bootleg liquor killed
at least 125 drinkers in the eastern state.

The deaths came a few days after a hospital fire killed 93 people in
the state's capital Kolkata. New Delhi fared worse than most states,
with as many as 70% of the samples tainted.

The western state of Goa and eastern state of Puducherry conformed to
the standards, with no indication of adulteration in their milk.

More at:
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report...iluted_1635992

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

-----

About the terrorist Goon Squad:

As everyone knows, a goon is a bully or thug who terrorizes or tries
to do away with opposition.

"Myself, Mallu. Yourself?" (V. Bhattathiri) >
tries his best to be a bully -- telling others what and when to post,
where to post and where not to post, deliberately publishing lies
about others, stalking and abusing them with hate speech -- but fails
miserably. He is really stressed out, and like his lap dog Prem
Thomas (who currently posts as "P. Rajah" >, and issues
*death threats* to people), is priming himself for conditions such as
stroke and heart disease. Others in the Goon Squad include
Dayashankar M. Joshi "DMJoshi" > who displays
unquestioning obedience to Goon Squad thugs, and the instigator who
posts as "Bholu" >

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.food.vegan,talk.environment,misc.health.alternative

On Jan 10, 11:16*am, and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> Most milk in India contaminated or diluted
>
> Reuters
> PTI
> DNA
> Tuesday, January 10, 2012
>
> Indraprasth aka New Delhi - Indians may think twice before gulpin

What is pure in India?

About the milk, the spurious variety is constituted out of
dangerous chemicals, somehow flavored to taste
and look like like milk. Consumption may result in liver
and kidney failure. There is hardly any effective intervention
from the "superpower's" government.

In old times milk was diluted, or mixed with stale milk,
but was still wholesome.