Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default Hindu Ethics - Five Reasons to Be a Vegetarian & Ten Arguments Against Eating Meat

In article >,
fanabba > posted:

> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>
> > Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> > > Demystifying Vegan Nutrition: A Starter Guide
> > >
> > > http://bostonvegan.org/nutrition
> > >
> > > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > > Om Shanti

> > Denton Vegan Cooperative
> >
> > Why Veganism?
> >
> > For compassion, the environment, your health, the future.
> >
> > Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
> > man will not himself find peace.
> >
> > - Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician
> > (Nobel 1952)
> >
> > A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food;
> > therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
> > merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.
> >
> > - Leo Tolstoy, Russian novelist (1828-1910)
> >
> > Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can
> > change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
> >
> > - Margaret Mead, American cultural anthropologist (1901-1978)
> >
> > Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for
> > survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian
> > diet.
> >
> > - Albert Einstein
> >
> > For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other.
> > Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and
> > love.
> >
> > - Pythagoras, mathematician
> >
> > The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of
> > animals as they now look on the murder of men.
> >
> > - Leonardo da Vinci, artist and scientist
> >
> > Sentient Beings Rights and Happiness:
> >
> > http://www.vegansociety.com/resource...d-freedom.aspx
> >
> > The Bettering of Our Tarnished Environment and the for the Hungry
> > People of Our World:
> >
> > http://www.vegansociety.com/resources/environment.aspx
> >
> > Food Security:
> >
> > http://www.vegansociety.com/resource...velopment.aspx
> >
> > Food for Your Heart and Your Health:
> >
> > http://www.nursingdegree.net/blog/19...f-going-vegan/
> >
> > Source -
> > http://www.dentonvegancoop.com/why-veganism.html
> >
> > Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> > Om Shanti

> Dhanyavaad for the invaluable quotes !

You are welcome!

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

-----

About the terrorist Goon Squad:

A goon is a bully or thug who terrorizes or tries to do away with
opposition.

"Myself, Mallu. Yourself?" (V. Bhattathiri) >
tries his best to be a bully -- telling others what and when to post,
where to post and where not to post, deliberately publishing lies
about others, stalking and abusing them with hate speech -- but fails
miserably. He is really stressed out, and like his lap dog Prem
Thomas (who currently posts as "P. Rajah", and issues *death threats*
to people), is priming himself for conditions such as stroke and
heart disease.