Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Default How cruel is leather?

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 16:10:15 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>>That's a lie.

>> You're lying. You can't say every death associated with the animal is
>> also
>> associated with every single product and part of product that results in
>> the
>> animal having lived and died.

>You can and you must.
>
> For example if a grass raised steer was
>> responsible for 12 significant deaths of other animals like rodents and
>> reptiles, which is probably extremely high

>You don't have the slightest idea if it's high or not.

How do you think cows kill?

>, and the animal was raised for beef,
>> then the 12 deaths are split amoung however many servings of beef resulted
>> from
>> butchering. That being the case those deaths can't ALSO be AGAIN counted
>> for the
>> by-products which the animal was not specifically raised for. Not for
>> leather,
>> not for fertilizer, not for pet food...

>Every product derived from the animal shares in the resultant death toll.
>Why would pet food and leather be exempt?

Because it was only raised for food.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:06:26 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

om...

>>>You can and you must.
>>>
>>> For example if a grass raised steer was
>>>
>>>You don't have the slightest idea if it's high or not.

>> How do you think cows kill?

>Hay production kills animals.

If they have to be fed hay sometimes that would add some cds.

>>>, and the animal was raised for beef,
>>>
>>>Every product derived from the animal shares in the resultant death toll.
>>>Why would pet food and leather be exempt?

>> Because it was only raised for food.

>Then no leather or pet food were produced.

It was raised for food, and leather and pet food are made from the waste. It
would still be raised for food regardless of what the waste is used for.
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:06:26 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

m...

>>> How do you think cows kill?

>>Hay production kills animals.

> If they have to be fed hay sometimes that would add some cds.

>>> Because it was only raised for food.

>>Then no leather or pet food were produced.

> It was raised for food, and leather and pet food are made from the
> waste. It
> would still be raised for food regardless of what the waste is used for.

It's not waste, any more than the meat is waste. Both products enter into
the economics of the decision to raise livestock in the first place.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:12:27 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>>Then no leather or pet food were produced.

>> It was raised for food, and leather and pet food are made from the
>> waste. It
>> would still be raised for food regardless of what the waste is used for.

>It's not waste, any more than the meat is waste.

LOL! You certainly have some amusing ideas. You think sometimes Tbones and
Ribeyes are waste products of the leather industry...LOL...
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:12:27 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

m...

>>> It was raised for food, and leather and pet food are made from the
>>> waste. It
>>> would still be raised for food regardless of what the waste is used for.

>>It's not waste, any more than the meat is waste.

> LOL! You certainly have some amusing ideas. You think sometimes Tbones
> and
> Ribeyes are waste products of the leather industry...LOL...

I said neither is waste. Both form a part of the same pre-production
economic profile. Yes, meat is considered the primary product, but every
part is used and counts.

Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:34:00 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

om...

>>>It's not waste, any more than the meat is waste.

>> LOL! You certainly have some amusing ideas. You think sometimes Tbones
>> and
>> Ribeyes are waste products of the leather industry...LOL...

>I said neither is waste.

You lied, which is not the least bit unusual for you. Hadn't you noticed?
Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:34:00 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

m...

>>> LOL! You certainly have some amusing ideas. You think sometimes
>>> Tbones
>>> and
>>> Ribeyes are waste products of the leather industry...LOL...

>>I said neither is waste.

> You lied, which is not the least bit unusual for you. Hadn't you
> noticed?

You're an idiot, man has not thrown away animal hides since the species
evolved.

How cruel is leather? dh@. Vegan 9 18-01-2012 07:09 AM
How cruel is leather? dh@. Vegan 8 03-01-2012 01:01 AM
Hermes Belt Black/Tan leather,Pure leather,Top quality,on sale [email protected] General Cooking 0 23-04-2008 06:00 AM
Monogram Canvas,Mini,Damier Canvas,Epi leather,Multicolor,MonogramVernis,Denim,Suhali Leather purse General Cooking 0 23-02-2008 03:15 AM
Cruel Irony modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 16 20-08-2007 05:36 PM