Old 28-12-2011, 04:54 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Default How cruel is leather?

On 12/27/2011 6:49 PM, Jahbulon wrote:
George wrote in
:

I wanted an answer dealing with group issues,
posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

"group issues" - what's that supposed to mean?

Vegetarian animal ethics.

What's the group? Who are they?

It's the group to which I sent my original post,
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

Who are they? What are "group" issues? Who do you imagine shares those
issues? Why won't you answer basic questions?

No matter how crappy your formal education, the
questions you're asking make you seem not just
poorly educated, but frankly clueless, and
seemingly incapable of doing the normal
information-seeking that the vast majority of
people find easy and routine.

I note you comments.

Yes, they're implicitly quite critical of you.

Not really.

Yes, really.

You say I was born clueless, in some ways incapable and was
not given a proper education. None of those would be my fault.

They're all your fault, now.

Hot dogs and most other sausages are primarily
meat. You need better news sources.

Hot dogs are cartilage and so on.

No, mostly they're meat.

Your understanding of meat includes, "paste-like and batter-like poultry
product, produced by forcing bones, with attached edible tissue, through a
sieve or similar device under high pressure."

That only applied to the turkey; not to the beef and pork.

Nice try. Well, not really, but you're revealing more and more about
yourself with each snarky post. Of course, I knew all of it even before
you revealed it.

Old 28-12-2011, 05:29 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

George Plimpton wrote in
:

I wanted an answer dealing with group issues,
posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

"group issues" - what's that supposed to mean?

Vegetarian animal ethics.

What's the group? Who are they?

It's the group to which I sent my original post,
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

Who are they?

Why can't you ask the person who is using the word?

What are "group" issues?

Vegetarian animal ethics.

Who do you imagine shares
those issues?

I don't imagine.

Why won't you answer basic questions?

I seem to manage a better job than you.

Yes, they're implicitly quite critical of you.

Not really.

Yes, really.

Lets agree that you tried and failed.

You say I was born clueless, in some ways incapable and was
not given a proper education. None of those would be my fault.

They're all your fault, now.

How have the circumstances of my birth become my fault?

Your understanding of meat includes, "paste-like and batter-like
poultry product, produced by forcing bones, with attached edible
tissue, through a sieve or similar device under high pressure."

That only applied to the turkey; not to the beef and pork.

It's the main ingredient, that's the reason it was listed first. Didn't
you know that?

Of course, I knew all of it even
before you revealed it.

Of course.

--
Praise be to Jahbulon, holy god of Royal Arch Freemasons
http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/jahbulon.html

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you,
then they fight you, then you win"
Old 28-12-2011, 05:39 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On 12/27/2011 8:29 PM, Jahbulon wrote:
George wrote in
:

I wanted an answer dealing with group issues,
posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

"group issues" - what's that supposed to mean?

Vegetarian animal ethics.

What's the group? Who are they?

It's the group to which I sent my original post,
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

Who are they?

Why can't you ask the person who is using the word?

I'm asking you, wimp.

What are "group" issues?

Vegetarian animal ethics.

What "issues", wimp?

Who do you imagine shares
those issues?

I don't imagine.

So, you're just bullshitting. Okay - got it.

Why won't you answer basic questions?

I seem to manage a better job than you.

Not even close.

Yes, they're implicitly quite critical of you.

Not really.

Yes, really.

Lets agree that you tried and failed.

Nope. Got you.

You say I was born clueless, in some ways incapable and was
not given a proper education. None of those would be my fault.

They're all your fault, now.

How have the circumstances of my birth become my fault?

Your present circumstance right now has nothing to do with your birth.

Your understanding of meat includes, "paste-like and batter-like
poultry product, produced by forcing bones, with attached edible
tissue, through a sieve or similar device under high pressure."

That only applied to the turkey; not to the beef and pork.

It's the main ingredient, that's the reason it was listed first. Didn't
you know that?

It's not the main ingredient. What makes you think it is?

Of course, I knew all of it even
before you revealed it.

Of course.

Of course.

Keep dancing - it's great fun to watch you stumble around out there.
Old 28-12-2011, 05:56 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

George Plimpton wrote in
:

It's the main ingredient, that's the reason
it was listed first. Didn't you know that?

It's not the main ingredient.
What makes you think it is?

Have another look and see if you can spot the answer to your question.

Old 28-12-2011, 04:29 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On 12/27/2011 8:56 PM, Jahbulon wrote:
George wrote in
:

It's the main ingredient, that's the reason
it was listed first. Didn't you know that?

It's not the main ingredient.
What makes you think it is?

Have another look and see if you can spot the answer to your question.

That's not a package ingredient list. Being listed first doesn't mean
it's the main ingredient.

How is it you're sophisto enough to know about package ingredient
listing requirements, but you don't have any idea how leather is
obtained? Doesn't quite add up, smartass.

Old 28-12-2011, 04:39 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

George Plimpton wrote in
:

That's not a package ingredient list. Being
listed first doesn't mean it's the main ingredient.

Looks like you've had an opportunity to learn something. Shame that Hot
Dogs contain no meat.

Old 28-12-2011, 04:42 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On 12/28/2011 7:39 AM, Jahbulon wrote:
George wrote in
:

That's not a package ingredient list. Being
listed first doesn't mean it's the main ingredient.

Looks like you've had an opportunity to learn something. Shame that Hot
Dogs contain no meat.

They contain meat. They contain *mostly* meat. You can't read for
comprehension, so it's not surprising you'd be completely confused on
the ethics of animal husbandry.
Old 28-12-2011, 09:38 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

George Plimpton wrote in
:

Shame that Hot
Dogs contain no meat.

They contain meat.
They contain *mostly* meat.

Hot Dogs contain animal matter, but not meat.

Old 28-12-2011, 09:42 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On 12/28/2011 12:38 PM, Jahbulon wrote:
George wrote in
:

Shame that Hot
Dogs contain no meat.

They contain meat.
They contain *mostly* meat.

Hot Dogs contain animal matter, but not meat.

They contain mainly meat. You have no evidence otherwise.
Old 28-12-2011, 09:47 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On 12/28/2011 3:43 PM, [email protected] wrote:

Abstaining from the use of leather is largely symbolic,
the alternatives are not necessarily any better.

Thank you. What do you recommend?

Leather works better and lasts longer than anything else, is a natural
product, so from environmental and utilitarian points of view it is hard to
beat.

It's a byproduct so you should reassure him that no additional livestock
animals live and die because of leather, or pet food.

That's false, of course. Additional livestock animals do live because
of the demand for so-called "by-products". Everyone knows that.

No one knows it

Everyone knows it, Goo. It is so: more animals live due to the demand
for leather, and pet food, and other so-called "by-products", than would
exist if there were no demand for those products. This is not in
rational dispute.

Old 29-12-2011, 12:43 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 09:58:16 +0000 (UTC), Jahbulon
wrote:

[email protected] wrote in :

It's a byproduct so you should reassure him that no additional
livestock animals live and die because of leather,
or pet food.

Does leather only come from cows

No, there are lots of different kinds. You could find snake or alligator if
that makes you feel better.

and do they take it off cattle while the
animals are alive?

Not generally. You would have to special order it and it would probably be
extremely hard to get, so don't worry about getting any by mistake.
Old 29-12-2011, 12:43 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 07:01:43 -0800, Goo wrote:

On 12/26/2011 5:40 PM, [email protected] wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 14:51:52 -0800, wrote:

wrote
wrote in :

Abstaining from the use of leather is largely symbolic,
the alternatives are not necessarily any better.

Thank you. What do you recommend?

Leather works better and lasts longer than anything else, is a natural
product, so from environmental and utilitarian points of view it is hard to
beat.

It's a byproduct so you should reassure him that no additional livestock
animals live and die because of leather, or pet food.

That's false, of course. Additional livestock animals do live because
of the demand for so-called "by-products". Everyone knows that.

No one knows it Goo. Not even you, because it's not true. That's why in all
these years you've never found anything that backs up the idea, and why you
still can't find anything to back it up now.
Old 29-12-2011, 03:13 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

George Plimpton wrote in
:

Hot Dogs contain animal matter, but not meat.

They contain mainly meat.
You have no evidence otherwise.

Is it meat or vegetables that gives you mad cow disease?

Old 29-12-2011, 03:17 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

[email protected] wrote in :

Does leather only come from cows

No, there are lots of different kinds. You could
find snake or alligator if
that makes you feel better.

Thanks.

What are the problems and advantages of leather replacements in the
manufacture of shoes and belts?

Old 29-12-2011, 03:30 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

"Jahbulon" wrote in message
4.90...
George Plimpton wrote in
:

Hot Dogs contain animal matter, but not meat.

They contain mainly meat.
You have no evidence otherwise.

Is it meat or vegetables that gives you mad cow disease?

If you're trying to be annoying you are doing pretty well.