FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Why God created the Animals? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/414037-why-god-created-animals.html)

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher 19-12-2011 02:13 PM

Why God created the Animals?

I think this is another mystery of the Universe. God made the animals
to eat each other? To feed us? To give us consolation in our
solitude?

I thought about it last night and I said to myself, "That's a job for
the Wise TibetanMonkey!" It's no secret that I draw inspiration from
animals, not unlike the hunter-gatherers that painted them and
worshiped them. Yes, there was a time when humans gave the animals
magical powers that went with them in good and bad times.

I don't believe they got magical powers, but I do believe they have
precious secrets for us. If we look at the way animals behave toward
each other, we see a mix of competition and cooperation among them.
It's not pure Darwinism, if we accept that to be what the Republicans
preach and Christians accept. It's the Wisdom of the Jungle that we
adopt a competitive-cooperative system with more emphasis on
cooperation. We need to drop the Rat Race, so to speak.

Going back to God creating the animals, perhaps we can find some good
reasons for it.

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher 21-12-2011 10:39 PM

Why God created the Animals?

On Dec 21, 1:02 pm, Michael > wrote:

> On Dec 21, 7:53 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

> > wrote:
> > I think this is another mystery of the Universe. God made the animals
> > to eat each other? To feed us? To give us consolation in our
> > solitude?

> Yes, yes, yes, and...http://www.minnesotansforglobalwarmi...o-biofuel.html

I think you are opening a can of worms here...

How about if we proceed to convert the thousands of stray cats in my
area to biofuel?

What would the Humane Society do? Are they Christian or vegetarian?