Experienced Member

Location: Trinidad
Default Sadha Roti

A tasty East Indian side dish best served warm.

4 cups of flour
1 tsp. of salt
4 tsp. of baking powder
1 3/4 cups of warm water
1 tsp. of instant yeast

1. Combine salt, flour, baking powder and yeast.

2. Gradually combine water with dough until smooth; knead thoroughly.

3. Cover with damp paper towel and leave for 1/2 hour to rest.

4. Divide dough into six to eight and roll into balls.

5. Roll ball of dough out on a floured surface to 1/2 inch thick and 7-8" diameter.

6. Cook on a moderately hot baking griddle until dough is brown and risen then flip.

Note: After, it is recommended that you cook edges over fire to ensure it is well cook all round.
www.caribbeanfoodrecipes.net

Goat Roti recipe? Steve Pope General Cooking 4 31-08-2007 04:23 AM
Aluwala Roti International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 25-02-2005 04:18 AM
Goat Roti 2002 jcoulter Wine 73 02-09-2004 10:22 PM
Roti Canai Frank Takacs Recipes 1 31-03-2004 01:23 PM