LinuxSaves

Default What about free-range eggs?

Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs (i.e., legal animal
cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.

--

Vegetarian/animal rights products: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/227981
1000 reasons NOT to vote for Bush: www.thousandreasons.org/listB.html
rick etter

"LinuxSucks" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
> wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs

==============
But you have no qualms about eating factory farmed veggies? Why is that?
Afterall, the animals that are killed for your cheap, conveninet veggies die
far more horrible, inhumane deaths than slaughterhouse animals do.

(i.e., legal animal
> cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.
>
> --
>
> Vegetarian/animal rights products: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/227981
> 1000 reasons NOT to vote for Bush: www.thousandreasons.org/listB.html
> Bush or chimp? See the similarities!: www.bushorchimp.com/pics.html
> Dogs hate Shrub, too: www.dogshatebush.com

rick etter

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that I like your proving that veg*nism is all
about hate. Just what we've been seeing here on usenet for a long time...

nk.net...

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:33:08 GMT, wowfabgroovy > wrote:

>LinuxSaves > went:
>
>>Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
>>wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs (i.e., legal animal
>>cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.

>what you eat or choose not to eat is between you and your conscience.
>research what is involved in free range farming practices and decide
>for yourself. what happens to the chickens when they get too old to
>lay eggs might make you see it differently, or you might not be
>bothered. some people object to all exploitation of animals

· Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·

>for
>financial gain, and some people just object to cruelty in the name of
>profit.

Steve

LinuxSaves wrote:

> Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
> wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs (i.e., legal animal
> cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.

The USA Today and COK ( http://www.cok.net ) both had big exposes how
the term "free range" is meaningless.

Many, many companies will use that term and the animals live and die in
horrible conditions.

There is no legal standard or enforcement of the term the way there is
for "organic".

Anyone can.......and apparently does, call their products free range.

If you haven't visited the facilities you are better off not eating the
eggs and savign your cash if ethics are your concern.

--
Steve
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

Be a healthy Vegan or Vegetarian
http://geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real unless it can be seen
on television or bought in a shopping mall"

rick etter

"Steve" > wrote in message
> LinuxSaves wrote:
>
>> Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
>> wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs (i.e., legal animal
>> cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.
>>

> The USA Today and COK ( http://www.cok.net ) both had big exposes how the
> term "free range" is meaningless.
>
> Many, many companies will use that term and the animals live and die in
> horrible conditions.
>
> There is no legal standard or enforcement of the term the way there is for
> "organic".
>
> Anyone can.......and apparently does, call their products free range.
>
> If you haven't visited the facilities you are better off not eating the
> eggs and savign your cash if ethics are your concern.

====================
ROTFLMAO Yeah, buy bananas instead!! What a hoot!! You could of course
just find a farmer in your area, and buy his chickens after watching how
they are raised. Our neighbors chickens seem to spend more time in our back
lot around the pond than in their own area. Guess they must be cooped up
in terrible conditions, eh fool?

I just love the continued irony and hypocrisy of vegan loons that maintain
webpages. Talk about unnecessary animal death and suffering!
All for nothing more than your ego-stroking pleasure and entertainment.

> --
> Steve
> http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/
>
> Be a healthy Vegan or Vegetarian
> http://geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html
>
> "The great American thought trap: It is not real unless it can be seen on
> television or bought in a shopping mall"

Ron

"rick etter" > wrote in message hlink.net>...
> "LinuxSucks" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
> > Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
> > wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs

> ==============

> But you have no qualms about eating factory farmed veggies? Why is that?
> Afterall, the animals that are killed for your cheap, conveninet veggies die
> far more horrible, inhumane deaths than slaughterhouse animals do.

How about pulling your cow udder hat up off your eyes and start
providing some photographic evidence of your claims?

Get crackin' pEtter!

> (i.e., legal animal
> > cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Vegetarian/animal rights products: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/227981
> > 1000 reasons NOT to vote for Bush: www.thousandreasons.org/listB.html
> > Bush or chimp? See the similarities!: www.bushorchimp.com/pics.html
> > Dogs hate Shrub, too: www.dogshatebush.com

Ron

"rick etter" > wrote in message ink.net>...
> "Steve" > wrote in message
> > LinuxSaves wrote:
> >
> >> Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
> >> wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs (i.e., legal animal
> >> cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.
> >>

> > The USA Today and COK ( http://www.cok.net ) both had big exposes how the
> > term "free range" is meaningless.
> >
> > Many, many companies will use that term and the animals live and die in
> > horrible conditions.
> >
> > There is no legal standard or enforcement of the term the way there is for
> > "organic".
> >
> > Anyone can.......and apparently does, call their products free range.
> >
> > If you haven't visited the facilities you are better off not eating the
> > eggs and savign your cash if ethics are your concern.

> ====================
> ROTFLMAO Yeah, buy bananas instead!! What a hoot!! You could of course
> just find a farmer in your area, and buy his chickens after watching how
> they are raised. Our neighbors chickens seem to spend more time in our back
> lot around the pond than in their own area. Guess they must be cooped up
> in terrible conditions, eh fool?

How about some photographic evidence of these happy chickens?

> I just love the continued irony and hypocrisy of vegan loons that maintain
> webpages. Talk about unnecessary animal death and suffering!
> All for nothing more than your ego-stroking pleasure and entertainment.

That's the same reason you are here.

> > --
> > Steve
> > http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/
> >
> > Be a healthy Vegan or Vegetarian
> > http://geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html
> >
> > "The great American thought trap: It is not real unless it can be seen on
> > television or bought in a shopping mall"

Heidi

For me, I only eat eggs locally grown by neighbors. They usually have
names--the chickens I mean. This way I know they are living good chicken
lives, getting no bad stuff put into them and that they live in good
conditions.

I ate one of Lucy's eggs just yesterday! Damn those are good eggs!

I wont buy eggs from the store, period.

good luck!
Heidi

"LinuxSaves" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
> wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs (i.e., legal animal
> cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.
>
> --
>
> Vegetarian/animal rights products: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/227981
> 1000 reasons NOT to vote for Bush: www.thousandreasons.org/listB.html
> Bush or chimp? See the similarities!: www.bushorchimp.com/pics.html
> Dogs hate Shrub, too: www.dogshatebush.com

rick etter

"Heidi" > wrote in message
> For me, I only eat eggs locally grown by neighbors. They usually have
> names--the chickens I mean. This way I know they are living good chicken
> lives, getting no bad stuff put into them and that they live in good
> conditions.
>
> I ate one of Lucy's eggs just yesterday! Damn those are good eggs!
>
> I wont buy eggs from the store, period.
>
> good luck!
> Heidi

====================
Unfortunately there are loons here that will reject any information of this
type. You know, and I know that there are real free-range eggs and meat
available, but those with an agenda will deny the truth. See Ronny-boy for
exhibit A.

> "LinuxSaves" > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>> Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
>> wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs (i.e., legal animal
>> cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Vegetarian/animal rights products: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/227981
>> 1000 reasons NOT to vote for Bush: www.thousandreasons.org/listB.html
>> Bush or chimp? See the similarities!: www.bushorchimp.com/pics.html
>> Dogs hate Shrub, too: www.dogshatebush.com

Gideon Stargrave

rick etter wrote:
> "Heidi" > wrote in message
>
>>For me, I only eat eggs locally grown by neighbors. They usually have
>>names--the chickens I mean. This way I know they are living good chicken
>>lives, getting no bad stuff put into them and that they live in good
>>conditions.
>>
>>I ate one of Lucy's eggs just yesterday! Damn those are good eggs!
>>
>>I wont buy eggs from the store, period.
>>
>>good luck!
>>Heidi

> ====================
> Unfortunately there are loons here that will reject any information of this
> type. You know, and I know that there are real free-range eggs and meat
> available, but those with an agenda will deny the truth. See Ronny-boy for
> exhibit A.
>

>>"LinuxSaves" > wrote in message
link.net...

>>>Just wondering how others feel about eating eggs from free-range hens. I
>>>wouldn't even CONSIDER buying/eating "factory" eggs (i.e., legal animal
>>>cruelty), but do wonder about those that are free range.
>>>
>>>--
>>>
>>>Vegetarian/animal rights products: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/227981
>>>1000 reasons NOT to vote for Bush: www.thousandreasons.org/listB.html
>>>Bush or chimp? See the similarities!: www.bushorchimp.com/pics.html
>>>Dogs hate Shrub, too: www.dogshatebush.com

it is a freaking vegan group, it is not an agenda....i, and i am sure
most of the people you accuse of having an agenda do not troll meat
eating groups and talk about how wrong we feel your choice is. oh, but
you do just that to us, that is an agenda.

g-
rick etter

"Gideon Stargrave" > wrote in message
news
> rick etter wrote:
>> "Heidi" > wrote in message
>>
>>>For me, I only eat eggs locally grown by neighbors. They usually have
>>>names--the chickens I mean. This way I know they are living good chicken
>>>lives, getting no bad stuff put into them and that they live in good
>>>conditions.
>>>
>>>I ate one of Lucy's eggs just yesterday! Damn those are good eggs!
>>>
>>>I wont buy eggs from the store, period.
>>>
>>>good luck!
>>>Heidi

>> ====================
>> Unfortunately there are loons here that will reject any information of
>> this type. You know, and I know that there are real free-range eggs and
>> meat available, but those with an agenda will deny the truth. See
>> Ronny-boy for exhibit A.
>>

>>>"LinuxSaves" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> it is a freaking vegan group, it is not an agenda....i, and i am sure most
> of the people you accuse of having an agenda do not troll meat eating
> groups and talk about how wrong we feel your choice is. oh, but you do
> just that to us, that is an agenda.

=================
No fool, it's facts. Something that you lack, severly.

Come on, defend you veganism. Prove what you say about causing less animal
death and suffering, and environmental damage. You can't. You have
nothing but a simple rule for your simple mind, 'eat no meat.' Otherwise
you wouldn't continue to spew your ignorance.

Now, go have that nice blood-drenched dinner, killer.

> g-

menu boy

"Ron" > wrote in message om...
> "rick etter" > wrote in message ink.net>...

> > > The USA Today and COK ( http://www.cok.net ) both had big exposes how the
> > > term "free range" is meaningless.
> > >
> > > Many, many companies will use that term and the animals live and die in
> > > horrible conditions.
> > >
> > > There is no legal standard or enforcement of the term the way there is for
> > > "organic".
> > >
> > > Anyone can.......and apparently does, call their products free range.
> > >
> > > If you haven't visited the facilities you are better off not eating the
> > > eggs and savign your cash if ethics are your concern.

> > ROTFLMAO Yeah, buy bananas instead!! What a hoot!! You could of course
> > just find a farmer in your area, and buy his chickens after watching how
> > they are raised. Our neighbors chickens seem to spend more time in our back
> > lot around the pond than in their own area. Guess they must be cooped up
> > in terrible conditions, eh fool?

> How about some photographic evidence of these happy chickens?

Is there photographic evidence of happy humans?