Old 28-11-2011, 03:53 PM posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Who does the greater good, a cyclist or a vegetarian?

(I don't see why they shouldn't go together, but let's assume it's one
or the other)

On Nov 28, 2:14 am, pacman wrote:

On Nov 28, 12:35 pm, pacman wrote:

On Nov 28, 5:55 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

wrote:
On Nov 27, 11:36 am, pacman wrote:

On Nov 28, 12:01 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

wrote:
On Nov 27, 10:56 am, web head wrote:

On Nov 27, 11:51 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

wrote:
On Nov 27, 10:23 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

wrote:
On Nov 27, 9:11 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

wrote:
On Nov 27, 4:40 am, Mervyn Carter wrote:

In article of Sat, 26 Nov 2011, Joe Bruno writes

On Nov 26, 7:50 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
wrote:
On Nov 26, 9:57 pm, Joe Bruno wrote:

On Nov 26, 3:37 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

wrote:
That's my own saying that seems fitting for the times. People are
dying to be free, but I'm talking something deeper than the right to
live in democracy. Democracy itself may or may not work.

I'm talking about violating the laws of nature. Evolution is adapting
to a changing environment. The environment is literally changing,
though, and we are still sitting on our royal asses. There's a simple
fact: I can't ride a bike. And much of the West, affected by an
obesity epidemic, is also car dependent. It may be stupidity on their
part, it may be rooted in their fear of traffic, but this is driven by
the insatiable forces of capitalism, and those who enforce it.

Capitalism though inspired in nature, forgets that evolution can not
be denied and that they are delaying action until all hell breaks
loose. That's revolution.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." -Charles Darwin

Confucius say:Woman who fly upside down have crack up.

True. How bout this one:

"Man who run behind car get exhausted."

"Man who run behind bike get fit."

I like this one from W.C. Fields:

"If at first you don't succeed, the hell with it."

"If, at first, you don't succeed, maybe skydiving was not your game"
--

Mervyn Carter
__o Every time I see an adult on a bicycle....

WD40 proves that wrong. It means Water Displacer trial #40, which was
the one finally adopted.

No good for a bike though.

I want to tell my readers that I don't think WD40 is a good sexual
lubricant either...

"WD40 is not actually a lubricant - its a solvent. There is no way to
know for certain how this would affect someone - companies don't test
industrial solvents on human vaginas to see what effect it will have.
At a minimum it will cause severe burning and irritation. It might
also make her feel sick if the chemicals are absorbed into the
bloodstream.

The chemicals are not poisonous, but the risks of damage to the
ovaries or uterus are unknown. The chemical could possibly alter the
uterine lining in a manner that causes abnormal periods or prevents a
person from having a child sometime in the future, but these risks are
unknown. If you care even slightly about your girlfriend, you should
convince her that this is a very stupid idea."

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...2103836AAHB6Vj

I did eat a pie from McDonald's last night that looked very toxic.
Don't eat everything you see.

everything casts a shadow i guess.

but isn't there still a part of you that loves the pie?

Not really. It had green dots that I take it to mean "Holiday Pie." I
went for ice cream, but they were out of it. She explained it was some
sort of holiday thing.

"i don't like" macdonalds, but "i like" their fries, and although "i
don't like" the chicken salt "i like" the taste of it.

so sometimes i eat their fries, but i try to forget about the salt.

tomato sauce smothers it, and it's better than chicken salt, but
tomato sauce reminds me of blood (..which is ok sometimes).

anyway, in the end i prefer to be mostly vegan except i breath life
forms in every day and i can't stop that without killing myself.

If you watch enough Hollywood movies you'll get used to the blood. You
may feel like walking into a McDonald's and "shooting" everybody with
catchup. Then you "kill" yourself with it.

You make a video of it, post it on YouTube and become famous for
protesting violence and junk food --two evils out there. You may as
well carry a banana to hint at the solution. "The solution is the
Banana Revolution" you may say.

i had written to the government and had a reply but since they took so
long i lost my effortfulness to carry through. i was going to start
there then contact some of the vegan /vegetarian organizations that
advertise on television about changing their approach (vegan rights
over animal rights). i think we're going about it all wrong. we should
demand more space for ourselves, to be served, to have the opportunity
to become a vegan without it being so hard. if we are catered to more
will come.

there are enough of us now to demand it, i think.

and it takes some of the heat off meat eaters, we don't have to be at
war with their ways so sharply anyway (i am not myself). we just want
our own ways to be respected... i wish the vegans would change tact.

Now this is getting serious. No more monkeys playing with bananas. ALL
WE DEMAND IS F*** SPACE!" Those who are doing a moral act by going
vegetarian and riding a bike should be respected and admired because
they are only ones doing something for the planet. I heard
vegetarianism saves more than riding a bike, but I question that. I
heard from a couple who went off the grid in NYC for a year and made a
book about it. I just want to hear proof of it.

So our mascot is the monkey with the banana?