FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Who does the greater good, a cyclist or a vegetarian? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/413212-who-does-greater-good.html)

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher 28-11-2011 03:53 PM

Who does the greater good, a cyclist or a vegetarian?

(I don't see why they shouldn't go together, but let's assume it's one
or the other)

On Nov 28, 2:14 am, pacman > wrote:

> On Nov 28, 12:35 pm, pacman > wrote:

> > On Nov 28, 5:55 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

> > > wrote:

> > > If you watch enough Hollywood movies you'll get used to the blood. You
> > > may feel like walking into a McDonald's and "shooting" everybody with
> > > catchup. Then you "kill" yourself with it.

> > > You make a video of it, post it on YouTube and become famous for
> > > protesting violence and junk food --two evils out there. You may as
> > > well carry a banana to hint at the solution. "The solution is the
> > > Banana Revolution" you may say.

> > i had written to the government and had a reply but since they took so
> > long i lost my effortfulness to carry through. i was going to start
> > there then contact some of the vegan /vegetarian organizations that
> > advertise on television about changing their approach (vegan rights
> > over animal rights). i think we're going about it all wrong. we should
> > demand more space for ourselves, to be served, to have the opportunity
> > to become a vegan without it being so hard. if we are catered to more
> > will come.

> there are enough of us now to demand it, i think.

> and it takes some of the heat off meat eaters, we don't have to be at
> war with their ways so sharply anyway (i am not myself). we just want
> our own ways to be respected... i wish the vegans would change tact.

Now this is getting serious. No more monkeys playing with bananas. ALL
WE DEMAND IS F*** SPACE!" Those who are doing a moral act by going
vegetarian and riding a bike should be respected and admired because
they are only ones doing something for the planet. I heard
vegetarianism saves more than riding a bike, but I question that. I
heard from a couple who went off the grid in NYC for a year and made a
book about it. I just want to hear proof of it.

So our mascot is the monkey with the banana?