FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   HOW FATTY FOOD TRIGGERS DIABETES [Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute] (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/410223-how-fatty-food-triggers.html)

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 15-08-2011 10:57 PM

HOW FATTY FOOD TRIGGERS DIABETES [Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute]

How fatty food triggers diabetes

PTI
The Pioneer
Tuesday, August 16, 2011

London - For the first time, scientists have discovered how fatty
food trips a genetic switch in the body that can trigger diabetes, a
finding they say could lead to a potential cure for the disease.

In studies on mice and humans, a team of researchers at the Sanford-
Burnham Medical Research Institute in the US found that high-levels
of fat disrupted two key proteins that turn genes on and off.

The "transcription factors" FOXA2 and HNF1A activate a pancreatic
enzyme that in healthy people prevents diabetes developing, the Daily
Mail reported.

When the proteins stop working, the enzyme is shut down, which in
turn upsets the ability of insulin-secreting beta cells in the
pancreas to monitor blood sugar levels.

Without this glucose sugar-sensing mechanism, blood sugar cannot be
regulated properly.

The discovery, published in the journal Nature Medicine, helps
explain why Type 2 diabetes is so often linked to obesity and it
could also lead to a potential cure for the condition, the
researchers said.

Study leader Dr Jamey Marth said, "Now that we know more fully how
states of over-nutrition can lead to Type 2 diabetes, we can see more
clearly how to intervene.

"The identification of the molecular players in this pathway to
diabetes suggests new therapeutic targets and approaches towards
developing an effective preventative or perhaps curative treatment.
"This may be accomplished by beta cell gene therapy or by drugs that
interfere with this pathway in order to maintain normal beta cell
function."

http://dailypioneer.com/361028/How-f...-diabetes.html

More at:
http://www.dailypioneer.com

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.

Since newsgroup posts are being removed
by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
this post may be reposted several times.

[email protected] 16-08-2011 01:30 AM

HOW FATTY FOOD TRIGGERS DIABETES [Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute]

Hmmm, how can this be applied to india with the highest rate of
diabetes?

Is the extra fat from all those fried and deep fried foods soaking upp
the fat?

Some have suggested it is also the form of fat used. This would include
the ghee as saturated fat and the various plant fats. Olive oil would
be much better for its superior omega3 to 6 ratio which is the oppisite
of those plant oils. .

Maybe adopting the chinese stir fry method with minimal fat used is
advised. With the many uses of steaming without fat the chinese use
would do the trick?

jay[_220_] 16-08-2011 04:54 AM

HOW FATTY FOOD TRIGGERS DIABETES [Sanford-Burnham MedicalResearch Institute]

> How fatty food triggers diabetes

Organochlorine Pesticides and PCBs in Foodstuffs from Asian and
Oceanic Countries.
.... Among various developing countries in Asia, considerable
information on organochlorines in foodstuffs has been available from
India since the late 1960s. DDT and HCH were the major insecticides in
Indian foodstuffs. Concentrations of these insecticides have declined
more than two orders of magnitude in farm products, such as food
grains and vegetables, in two decades. Milk and milk products are the
major sources of dietary exposure to DDT and HCH in India. The
residues of these insecticides in dairy products were close to or
above the MRLs of the FAO/WHO. Dietary intake of DDT and HCH by
Indians was > 100 fold that in more developed nations. Sporadic
incidences of greater concentrations (> 1 microgram/g) of aldrin,
dieldrin, and heptachlor have been measured in Indian vegetables.
Untreated surface waters could be a potential source of DDT and HCH
exposure... PMID: 9297984

Elmo[_3_] 28-08-2011 01:45 AM

More absolute crap from a clueless pretend medical ******.

% 28-08-2011 01:51 AM

Elmo wrote:
> [...]
>> issues. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any
>> such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US
>> Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the
>> material on this site is distributed without profit to those who
>> have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
>> information for research, comment, discussion and educational
>> purposes by subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites.
>> For more information go to:
>> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
>> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for
>> purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain
>> permission from the copyright owner.
>>
>> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
>> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
>> this post may be reposted several times.

yay

Elmo[_3_] 28-08-2011 03:31 AM

On 28/08/2011 11:43 AM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> How fatty food triggers diabetes
>
> PTI
> The Pioneer
> Tuesday, August 16, 2011
>
> London - For the first time, scientists have discovered how fatty
> food trips a genetic switch in the body that can trigger diabetes, a
> finding they say could lead to a potential cure for the disease.

If anyone think that diabetes is curable, their medical knowledge and
experience becomes immediately suspect.

(Actually diabetes is caused by eating the green jellybean's before the
red one. You have to eat the red ones first.)

> In studies on mice and humans, a team of researchers at the Sanford-
> Burnham Medical Research Institute in the US found that high-levels
> of fat disrupted two key proteins that turn genes on and off.
>
> The "transcription factors" FOXA2 and HNF1A activate a pancreatic
> enzyme that in healthy people prevents diabetes developing, the Daily
> Mail reported.
>
> When the proteins stop working, the enzyme is shut down, which in
> turn upsets the ability of insulin-secreting beta cells in the
> pancreas to monitor blood sugar levels.
>
> Without this glucose sugar-sensing mechanism, blood sugar cannot be
> regulated properly.
>
> The discovery, published in the journal Nature Medicine, helps
> explain why Type 2 diabetes is so often linked to obesity and it
> could also lead to a potential cure for the condition, the
> researchers said.
>
> Study leader Dr Jamey Marth said, "Now that we know more fully how
> states of over-nutrition can lead to Type 2 diabetes, we can see more
> clearly how to intervene.
>
> "The identification of the molecular players in this pathway to
> diabetes suggests new therapeutic targets and approaches towards
> developing an effective preventative or perhaps curative treatment.
> "This may be accomplished by beta cell gene therapy or by drugs that
> interfere with this pathway in order to maintain normal beta cell
> function."
>
> http://dailypioneer.com/361028/How-f...-diabetes.html
>
> More at:
> http://www.dailypioneer.com
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti
>
> o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational
> purposes of research and open discussion. The contents of this post may not
> have been authored by, and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the
> poster. The contents are protected by copyright law and the exemption for
> fair use of copyrighted works.
> o If you send private e-mail to me, it will likely not be read,
> considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name, current
> e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
> o Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others are
> not necessarily those of the poster who may or may not have read the article.
>
> FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted material the use of
> which may or may not have been specifically authorized by the copyright
> owner. This material is being made available in efforts to advance the
> understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic,
> democratic, scientific, social, and cultural, etc., issues.

Stealing material is not excused by the pretence of "Fair Use". You are
a thief.

It is believed
> that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as
> provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.

It isn't even close you dimwit.

> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> this post may be reposted several times.

Since has to do with time. You mean "as" newsgroup posts are being ...

For someone who claims to be a Doctor, your grammar is surprisingly
lacking. But as a pretend Doctor it is quite understandable.

You wouldn't have a clue about diabetes, nutrition, cardio health or
anything of a Biblical nature. You are a fake, a phoney, a pretender. A
sad and pathetic little man who lives in a Walter Mitty online world
where your greatest claim to fame is to possibly the most killfiled
entity on Usenet.

P. Rajah[_2_] 28-08-2011 04:10 AM

On 8/27/2011 10:31 PM, Elmo wrote:

> On 28/08/2011 11:43 AM, Jay Maharaj wrote:
>> How fatty food triggers diabetes
>>
>> PTI
>> The Pioneer
>> Tuesday, August 16, 2011
>>
>> London - For the first time, scientists have discovered how fatty
>> food trips a genetic switch in the body that can trigger diabetes, a
>> finding they say could lead to a potential cure for the disease.

> If anyone think that diabetes is curable, their medical knowledge and
> experience becomes immediately suspect.

Jay isn't a medical doctor, or a doctor of any other kind. He is a
mercenary propagandist, and a self-confessed ass-troll-oger, and claims
to have been fleecing gullible people since before 1947(claim made in
1997 that he "began my practice more than 50 years ago"). He doesn't
even use his real name, or make available any verifiable information on
himself. He claims to be a "native Sanskrit speaker", but was soundly
trounced when called on it by someone fluent in Sanskrit. He's also
claimed, for the past 20 years, to be the oldest poster to USENET, which
he obviously is in no position to judge, since posters typically do not
reveal their ages. Apparently he is over 100 years old now, if one is to
believe his claims from 20 years ago. He is also one of the worst bigots
on USENET, with an agenda that is anti-Christian, anti-Muslim,
anti-Jewish, anti-black, anti-***, anti-anything that doesn't fit his
narrow chauvinist, xenophobic, bigoted commission.

Some of his "predictions" as an ass-troll-oger:

"But, there are many Jyotishis and wise persons in both India and
Pakistan who are predicting a unification, or merger close to
the year 2000.

Is there any astrological truth to this? Very simply -- yes!
The simple explanation points to the combination of a retrograde
Jupiter and retrograde Saturn in Mesh (Aries) at the end of the
year 2000. There will be an uprising in most of Pakistan and
several parts of India at that time."
---Jay Stevens Maharaj, 3/13/93

"Based on one of mankind's most time-tested sciences, Jyotish,
(_no experimentation here_!) the India-Pakistan reunification
should occur on our about July 26, 2000 (the date of the final
signing of the pact.)"
From: Jai Maharaj )
Subject: India-Pakistan Unification
Newsgroups: soc.culture.indian
Date: 1993-04-18 13:24:50 PST

"By December, 1996 most of the formalities for the merger would
have been agreed-to in principle."
----Jay Stevens Maharaj, 4/18/93

"The predicted reunification is to occur in a little over
seven years from now. If you have normally healthy kids,
they should live to see it. The same holds true for you
being able to witness it."
----Jay Stevens Maharaj 12/12/93

"The process[of reunification] has already begun and should
peak about the middle of the next decade."
---Jay Stevens Maharaj, 6/05/99

"PAKISTAN MAY SPLIT IN NEXT 25 YEARS"
---Jay Stevens Maharaj, tacitly conceding the worthlessness of his
"predictions", 3/06/2000

"This is more evidence of the reunification of countries
in the region -- as predicted by me and several other
Jyotishis. The reunification is complete at many vital
levels, and in varying degrees of completion at others."
----Jay Stevens Maharaj 6/20/2006

"In other words, the reunification of Bharat and Pakistan
(and Bangladesh) has taken place at most levels."
----Jay Stevens Maharaj 12/11/2008

"Just as the reunification of Bharat and Pakistan on most levels was
completed a few years ago, the reunification of Bharat and Shri Lanka
is also to take place in the future."
----Jay Stevens Maharaj 1/27/2010

On behalf of all real Vedic astrologers, on and off the
net, please accept my humble apologies. He is not one of us.
- Shyamasundara Dasa |>

Astrology: Fraud or Superstition?
http://www.seesharppress.com/astro.html

Ass-troll-ogers/jyotishitheads are the bane of humanity, and must be
cleansed or otherwise purified for the benefit of society.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/vhp-terrorism

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 28-08-2011 04:21 AM

HOW FATTY FOOD TRIGGERS DIABETES [Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute]

Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

> How fatty food triggers diabetes
>
> PTI
> The Pioneer
> Tuesday, August 16, 2011
>
> London - For the first time, scientists have discovered how fatty
> food trips a genetic switch in the body that can trigger diabetes, a
> finding they say could lead to a potential cure for the disease.
>
> In studies on mice and humans, a team of researchers at the Sanford-
> Burnham Medical Research Institute in the US found that high-levels
> of fat disrupted two key proteins that turn genes on and off.
>
> The "transcription factors" FOXA2 and HNF1A activate a pancreatic
> enzyme that in healthy people prevents diabetes developing, the Daily
> Mail reported.
>
> When the proteins stop working, the enzyme is shut down, which in
> turn upsets the ability of insulin-secreting beta cells in the
> pancreas to monitor blood sugar levels.
>
> Without this glucose sugar-sensing mechanism, blood sugar cannot be
> regulated properly.
>
> The discovery, published in the journal Nature Medicine, helps
> explain why Type 2 diabetes is so often linked to obesity and it
> could also lead to a potential cure for the condition, the
> researchers said.
>
> Study leader Dr Jamey Marth said, "Now that we know more fully how
> states of over-nutrition can lead to Type 2 diabetes, we can see more
> clearly how to intervene.
>
> "The identification of the molecular players in this pathway to
> diabetes suggests new therapeutic targets and approaches towards
> developing an effective preventative or perhaps curative treatment.
> "This may be accomplished by beta cell gene therapy or by drugs that
> interfere with this pathway in order to maintain normal beta cell
> function."
>
> http://dailypioneer.com/361028/How-f...-diabetes.html
>
> More at:
> http://www.dailypioneer.com

Recipe for Diabetes: Too Much Protein, Fat

Protein Worsens Insulin Resistance From High-Fat Diet

By Daniel J. DeNoon
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Elizabeth Klodas, MD, FACC

April 7, 2009 - Too much "good" protein makes bad fats worse, new
research suggests.

A high-fat diet may lead to insulin resistance, a major step on the
path to type 2 diabetes. But cutting back on fat may not help those
who continue to eat too much protein, find Christopher Newgard, PhD,
director of the Sarah Stedman Nutrition and Metabolism Center at Duke
University, and colleagues.

"There's not only fat in that hamburger but plenty of protein,"
Newgard tells WebMD. "We are overconsuming calories composed of all
the different macronutrients, and together they have harmful
effects."

When they began their studies, Newgard and colleagues weren't trying
to give protein a bad name. They were just trying to find out how the
metabolism of obese people differs from that of lean people.

To do this, they collected vast amounts of information -- including
high-tech lab tests on blood and urine samples -- from 74 healthy
obese people and 67 healthy lean people.

Unexpectedly, obese people had a distinct metabolic "signature"
related to a particular subtype of amino acids called BCAA (branched-
chain amino acids). About 20% of the protein in the typical American
diet is made up of BCAAs.

Lean people's bodies tend to make new proteins out of BCAAs. In obese
people, Newgard and colleagues suggest, this process gets overloaded.
Instead of making new protein, the BCAAs are diverted into a deviant
pathway that leads to insulin resistance.

Can too much protein really be bad? Yes -- at least in lab rats.
Newgard's team fed rats all the high-fat food they wanted. Two other
groups of rats got less food: either standard chow or chow enriched
with fats and BCAAs.

The rats on the BCAA/fat diet didn't eat as much food or gain as much
weight as the rats on the high-fat diet -- but they became just as
insulin resistant.

"Under circumstances of overconsumption, not only does excess fat and
carbohydrate have injurious effects, but also the protein component
of the diet can lead to some of the co-morbidities of obesity,"
Newgard says.

Human studies will be needed to confirm the rat findings. But Ronald
B. Goldberg, MD, director of the lipid disorders clinic at the
University of Miami, says the findings could have major implications.

"What they show is that the combination of high fat and protein might
be what's important in developing insulin resistance," Goldberg tells
WebMD. "The truth is that in Western diets we do eat a high-protein,
high-fat diet. The stress previously has not been on the high-protein
component."

The Newgard study appears in the April 8 issue of the journal Cell
Metabolism.

More at:
http://diabetes.webmd.com/news/20090...ch-protein-fat

Elmo[_3_] 28-08-2011 04:25 AM

On 28/08/2011 12:39 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> [...]
> that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as
> provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title
> 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
> information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more information
> go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> copyright owner.
>
> Since newsgroup posts are being removed
> by forgery by one or more net terrorists,
> this post may be reposted several times.

I have registered a complaint with Altopia. If you read their very
liberal conditions, there is not much that they prohibit, but FLOODING
NEWSGROUPS is one thing that will get your account removed.

You are flooding newsgroups whenever you deliberately repeat the same post.

If a few others do the same thing, Altopia (alt.net) will cancel his
account. Try it and see. Altopia is really good about the issue of using
one of their accounts for flooding.

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 28-08-2011 04:36 AM

> [...]

> insulin resistant.
>
> "Under circumstances of overconsumption, not only does excess fat and
> carbohydrate have injurious effects, but also the protein component
> of the diet can lead to some of the co-morbidities of obesity,"
> Newgard says.
>
> Human studies will be needed to confirm the rat findings. But Ronald
> B. Goldberg, MD, director of the lipid disorders clinic at the
> University of Miami, says the findings could have major implications.
>
> "What they show is that the combination of high fat and protein might
> be what's important in developing insulin resistance," Goldberg tells
> WebMD. "The truth is that in Western diets we do eat a high-protein,
> high-fat diet. The stress previously has not been on the high-protein
> component."
>
> The Newgard study appears in the April 8 issue of the journal Cell

How Excess Fat Affects Diabetes

There are three reasons to cut fat for diabetics. Learn the reasons
why fat is bad for diabetes in this free video from a nutritionist
specializing in diabetic diets.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4399501_ho...-diabetes.html