Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Regarding the pretender, Dr Knowlittle

In some parts of the world, giving advice regarding treatment of a
medical condition while posing as a Doctor will get you some serious
prison time. Using the internet (a "carriage" service - quaint term) to
do so compounds the crime.

Anyone can discuss medical issues as long as the are not pretending to
be doctors. I am amazed that no one has brought this fool to the
attention of the relevant authorities.

Maybe I should follow his advice, document that fact that my diabetic
control got worse, and register a complaint about him using my real name
and address.

Actually the guy who owns alt.net is pretty decent when it comes to
issues like this, maybe he might decide to kick the pretender out into
the open, make him use an ISP that doesn't hide his posting details. I
think that if a bunch of people emailed him about a phoney Doctor hiding
behind his network he might act.
Posted to alt.food.vegan

On 25/07/11 4:26 PM, The reluctant vegan. wrote:
> In some parts of the world, giving advice regarding treatment of a
> medical condition while posing as a Doctor will get you some serious
> prison time. Using the internet (a "carriage" service - quaint term) to
> do so compounds the crime.
>
> Anyone can discuss medical issues as long as the are not pretending to
> be doctors. I am amazed that no one has brought this fool to the
> attention of the relevant authorities.
>
> Maybe I should follow his advice, document that fact that my diabetic
> control got worse, and register a complaint about him using my real name
> and address.
>
> Actually the guy who owns alt.net is pretty decent when it comes to
> issues like this, maybe he might decide to kick the pretender out into
> the open, make him use an ISP that doesn't hide his posting details. I
> think that if a bunch of people emailed him about a phoney Doctor hiding
> behind his network he might act.

That is a very good idea. I have just written to and
have already got a reply. They are going to look into it. Although they
support internet privacy and anonymity, they do not allow anything that is
illegal under US law and pretending to be a doctor and giving medical
advice is illegal.

--

Ingrid Rose

clandestin.ecureuil(insert missing symbol here)gmail.com