FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/409568-re-your-meat-habit.html)

The reluctant vegan. 25-07-2011 04:53 AM

Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

On 15/07/2011 12:16 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?
>
> Tom Philpott
> Mother Jones
> July 4, 2011
>
> http://motherjones.com/tom-philpott/...g-you-diabetes
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

No, my meat habit kept my diabetes in control. Now that I am
(reluctantly) vegan my diabetes is getting out of control. Only to be
expected, meat is almost carb free, while all vegan dishes are carb based.

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 25-07-2011 04:58 AM

Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

In article >,
posted:

> On 15/07/2011 12:16 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> > Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?
> >
> > Tom Philpott
> > Mother Jones
> > July 4, 2011

http://motherjones.com/tom-philpott/...g-you-diabetes

> No, my meat habit kept my diabetes in control. Now that I am
> (reluctantly) vegan my diabetes is getting out of control. Only to be
> expected, meat is almost carb free, while all vegan dishes are carb based.

There are numerous nutritious, low-carb vegan dishes made with the
four food groups: fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains.

A related article:

Diabetes: Can a Vegan Diet Reverse Diabetes?

By Andrew Nicholson, M.D.

http://www.pcrm.org/health/clinres/diabetes.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

The reluctant vegan. 25-07-2011 05:42 AM

On 25/07/2011 1:58 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> In >,
> posted:
>>
>> On 15/07/2011 12:16 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>>> Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?
>>>
>>> Tom Philpott
>>> Mother Jones
>>> July 4, 2011

http://motherjones.com/tom-philpott/...g-you-diabetes

>> No, my meat habit kept my diabetes in control. Now that I am
>> (reluctantly) vegan my diabetes is getting out of control. Only to be
>> expected, meat is almost carb free, while all vegan dishes are carb based.

> There are numerous nutritious, low-carb vegan dishes made with the
> four food groups: fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains.
>
> A related article:
>
> Diabetes: Can a Vegan Diet Reverse Diabetes?
>
> By Andrew Nicholson, M.D.

You have as much chance of reversing diabetes with a diet as you have of
re-growing an amputated legs with a diet. It is now apparent that
regardless of what you call yourself you have no actual medical training
or experience. You don't seem to understand what diabetes is.

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 25-07-2011 05:48 AM

Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

Vegan Diet May Treat Diabetes

By Clarissa Striker
WebMD
CBS News
February 11, 2009

(WebMD) Eating a low-fat vegan diet may be better at managing type 2
diabetes than traditional diets, according to a new study.

Researchers found 43 percent of people with type 2 diabetes who
followed a low-fat vegan diet for 22 weeks reduced their need to take
medications to manage their disease compared with 26 percent of those
who followed the diet recommended by the American Diabetes
Association (ADA).

Continues he
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1837927.shtml

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

The reluctant vegan. 25-07-2011 06:06 AM

On 25/07/2011 2:48 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Vegan Diet May Treat Diabetes
>
> By Clarissa Striker
> WebMD
> CBS News
> February 11, 2009
>
> (WebMD) Eating a low-fat vegan diet may be better at managing type 2
> diabetes than traditional diets, according to a new study.

I could make up a new study that suggest that inserting black jellybeans
in your left nostril will cure baldness. If I did it would be as valid
as your nonsense studies.

When a series or fully regulated, carefully monitored studies by
independent organisations with no conflict of interest all support the
same thing - as in low carb diets and exercise for diabetes, then I
might take notice. Until then you are wasting your time.

You clearly have an agenda that is NOT for the benefit of diabetics as
you are going against existing experience and proven research.

I am a diabetic who was in full control, I had BGLs in a normal
non-diabetic range. Now, since switching to a vegan diet they are much
higher and more difficult to control. I have had to increase my exercise
levels and add a wide range of supplements to maintain the same level of
control (as have many other vegan diabetics in my experience) so your
patently untrue BS about vegan being better for diabetics is clearly
nonsense.

The rubbish that you promote is of no use to anyone. There is a problem
for vegan diabetics and you are not helping solve it.

P. Rajah[_2_] 25-07-2011 06:21 AM

On 7/25/2011 12:42 AM, The reluctant vegan. wrote:

> On 25/07/2011 1:58 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>> In >,
>> posted:

http://motherjones.com/tom-philpott/...g-you-diabetes

>>> No, my meat habit kept my diabetes in control. Now that I am
>>> (reluctantly) vegan my diabetes is getting out of control. Only to be
>>> expected, meat is almost carb free, while all vegan dishes are carb
>>> based.

>> There are numerous nutritious, low-carb vegan dishes made with the
>> four food groups: fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains.
>>
>> A related article:
>>
>> Diabetes: Can a Vegan Diet Reverse Diabetes?
>>
>> By Andrew Nicholson, M.D.
>>

> You have as much chance of reversing diabetes with a diet as you have of
> re-growing an amputated legs with a diet. It is now apparent that
> regardless of what you call yourself you have no actual medical training
> or experience. You don't seem to understand what diabetes is.

Nope, "Dr." Jay Maharaj is no doctor of any kind. However, it is
possible that he obtained a mail-order "doctorate" in a pseudo-science
called astrology. Even that is in doubt, because his record of
"predictions" have been remarkably worse than the statistical 50-50 of
yes-no "predictions". What "Dr." Jay Stevens Maharaj does is peddle an
extremist brand of Hinduism, and everything that he thinks it entails,
including vegetarianism, xenophobia of Muslims and Christians,
anti-feminism, anti-*** rights, suppression of low-caste Hindus and so
on. Some information on his extremist group he

http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl2012...0003210000.htm
http://tinyurl.com/3hj28go

--
Astrology: Fraud or Superstition?
http://www.seesharppress.com/astro.html

Ass-troll-ogers/jyotishitheads are the bane of humanity, and must be
cleansed or otherwise purified for the benefit of society.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/vhp-terrorism

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 25-07-2011 06:29 AM

Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

WebMD Expert Blogs

Conquering Diabetes
with Michael Dansinger, MD

Michael Dansinger, MD is here to provide hope, inspiration, and
knowledge for people with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes who want to
conquer their disease and reclaim their health.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Low-Fat Vegan Diet for Reversing Diabetes

The WebMD Health Exchange

Talk about a vegan diet to reverse diabetes on the Diabetes Exchange
I have often declared that there are many good eating strategies for
diabetes reversal. All eating strategies have strengths and
weaknesses. In this blog entry, I'll share my thoughts about Dr. Neal
Barnard's program for reversing diabetes.

Continues he
http://blogs.webmd.com/life-with-dia...-diabetes.html

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

The reluctant vegan. 25-07-2011 06:40 AM

On 25/07/2011 3:21 PM, P. Rajah wrote:
> On 7/25/2011 12:42 AM, The reluctant vegan. wrote:
>
>> On 25/07/2011 1:58 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
>>> In >,
>>> posted:

http://motherjones.com/tom-philpott/...g-you-diabetes

>>> There are numerous nutritious, low-carb vegan dishes made with the
>>> four food groups: fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains.
>>>
>>> A related article:
>>>
>>> Diabetes: Can a Vegan Diet Reverse Diabetes?
>>>
>>> By Andrew Nicholson, M.D.
>>>

>> You have as much chance of reversing diabetes with a diet as you have of
>> re-growing an amputated legs with a diet. It is now apparent that
>> regardless of what you call yourself you have no actual medical training
>> or experience. You don't seem to understand what diabetes is.

> Nope, "Dr." Jay Maharaj is no doctor of any kind. However, it is
> possible that he obtained a mail-order "doctorate" in a pseudo-science
> called astrology. Even that is in doubt, because his record of
> "predictions" have been remarkably worse than the statistical 50-50 of
> yes-no "predictions". What "Dr." Jay Stevens Maharaj does is peddle an
> extremist brand of Hinduism, and everything that he thinks it entails,
> including vegetarianism, xenophobia of Muslims and Christians,
> anti-feminism, anti-*** rights, suppression of low-caste Hindus and so
> on. Some information on his extremist group he
>
> http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl2012...0003210000.htm
> http://tinyurl.com/3hj28go

Aha. Thank you for the elucidation. So he isn't simply full of
nonsensical advice, he feeds his ego by falsifying tertiary
qualifications. That says a lot about him.

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 25-07-2011 06:52 AM

Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

Reverse Type Two Diabetes With a Vegan Diet

Type Two Diabetes is the leading cause of heart disease and stroke in
this country and being diagnosed can feel like a life-sentence. But a
Houston cardiologist says you can reverse Type Two Diabetes and heart
disease if you're willing to make some healthy changes.

Video he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Bu6MJZbW0

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

The reluctant vegan. 25-07-2011 07:06 AM

On 25/07/2011 3:29 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> WebMD Expert Blogs
>
> Conquering Diabetes
> with Michael Dansinger, MD
>
> Michael Dansinger, MD is here to provide hope, inspiration, and
> knowledge for people with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes who want to
> conquer their disease and reclaim their health.
>
> Tuesday, May 4, 2010
>
> Low-Fat Vegan Diet for Reversing Diabetes
>
> The WebMD Health Exchange
>
> Talk about a vegan diet to reverse diabetes on the Diabetes Exchange
> I have often declared that there are many good eating strategies for
> diabetes reversal. All eating strategies have strengths and
> weaknesses. In this blog entry, I'll share my thoughts about Dr. Neal
> Barnard's program for reversing diabetes.
>
> Continues he
> http://blogs.webmd.com/life-with-dia...-diabetes.html
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

You can only control diabetes you nincompoop, there is no way to reverse
it without a transplant.

Why don't you stick to only posting about things that you know about.
(In other words, shut up.)

The reluctant vegan. 25-07-2011 07:10 AM

On 25/07/2011 3:52 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> Reverse Type Two Diabetes With a Vegan Diet
>
> Type Two Diabetes is the leading cause of heart disease and stroke in
> this country and being diagnosed can feel like a life-sentence. But a
> Houston cardiologist says you can reverse Type Two Diabetes and heart
> disease if you're willing to make some healthy changes.
>
> Video he
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Bu6MJZbW0
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

If it was possible to "reverse" diabetes, why don't any of the world's
top diabetic organisations know about it? Don't you feel that they might
be just a little bit interested?

Why do you use a phoney title? Why do you call yourself a Doctor?

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 25-07-2011 07:12 AM

Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

A Diabetic Vegan: An Interview With Adrian Kiger

By Jessica Apple
asweetlife.org
July 15, 2010

Adrian Kiger is a writer who grew up in Morgantown, West Virginia.
She's had type 1 diabetes since she was eleven. After years of
struggling with weight issues and blood sugar levels, she found a
diet that works for her -- vegan. Adrian, who has written a
children's book "Veronica, the Vegetarian Diabetic," talked to
ASweetLife about her path to veganism and how it’s helped her improve
her health.

Continues he
http://asweetlife.org/a-sweet-life-s...an-kiger/9005/

Categories: Blood Sugar Control, Featured, Food & Nutrition, Personal
Tags: a1c, blood sugar control, Protein, vegan

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

The reluctant vegan. 25-07-2011 07:24 AM

On 25/07/2011 4:12 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> A Diabetic Vegan: An Interview With Adrian Kiger
>
> By Jessica Apple
> asweetlife.org
> July 15, 2010
>
> Adrian Kiger is a writer who grew up in Morgantown, West Virginia.
> She's had type 1 diabetes since she was eleven. After years of
> struggling with weight issues and blood sugar levels, she found a
> diet that works for her -- vegan. Adrian, who has written a
> children's book "Veronica, the Vegetarian Diabetic," talked to
> ASweetLife about her path to veganism and how it’s helped her improve
> her health.
>
> Continues he
> http://asweetlife.org/a-sweet-life-s...an-kiger/9005/
>
> Categories: Blood Sugar Control, Featured, Food& Nutrition, Personal
> Tags: a1c, blood sugar control, Protein, vegan
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

Is this the same Jessica Apple who is active here?

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djubl...rthsociety.htm

Dr. Jai Maharaj[_1_] 25-07-2011 07:27 AM

Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

A Vegan Chef's Avocado Recipes for Diabetes

By Tara Parker-Pope
The New York Times

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...-for-diabetes/

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi