Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.support.diabetes

Default Is Your Meat Habit Giving You Diabetes?

"A post from 1996:"

15 years is forever in the rapidly advancing diabetes research.

One way to test such ideas is to find where a natural experiment has
already been done.

India not not known for its meat consumption relative to the west zoomed
to the top of the diabetes rate list during the past 15 years. Even
there the n. indian and s. indian rates appear to be different. The
rate is higherin s. india.

To look at meat consumption alone compared to the west does not account
for india's leading the world in diabetes.

What is in common the world over is eating more and exercising less.
Weight and obesity zoom up.

In lower meat countries like india this means more carbohydrates and in
much very in the less complex kinds such as in rice and bread for
example. Added to this is the increased use of veggie derived oils
which is also implicated in diabetes risk.

In indian locations where traditional diets, less food intake, and more
exercis is the standard; the rates and risk are as low as any in the
world from decades ago.
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.support.diabetes

hari.kumar wrote:

> "A post from 1996:"
>
> 15 years is forever in the rapidly advancing diabetes research.
>
> One way to test such ideas is to find where a natural experiment has
> already been done.
>
> India not not known for its meat consumption relative to the west zoomed
> to the top of the diabetes rate list during the past 15 years. Even
> there the n. indian and s. indian rates appear to be different. The
> rate is higherin s. india.
>
> To look at meat consumption alone compared to the west does not account
> for india's leading the world in diabetes.
>
> What is in common the world over is eating more and exercising less.

It is simply the overeating that is causing both the type-2 diabetes
**and** the inactivity.

The absolutely only healthy way to stop the overeating is to
http://WDJW.net/Guard (Proverbs 4:23) the heart (Jeremiah 17:9) by
holding to the right daily amount (32 oz) of food.

Yes, right amount (omer) control as Chris Malcolm is doing is much
more sophisticated and smarter:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...ef74488074acf?

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...2aafa0aad16eb?

We do this by weighing our meals per the http://WDJW.net/2PD-OMER
Approach to get our...

http://WDJW.net/Status

and then...

http://WDJW.net/Update

so that there will be...

http://WDJW.net/NoVAT

Being hungry really is wonderful as proven by five lines of evidence:

Mathematical:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1467768946

Historical:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1467768946

Medical:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1467768946

Psychological:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1467768946

Factual:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...7a54a0f52f174?

So that we really should http://WDJW.net/BeHungry and say we are
"wonderfully hungry" whenever we are greeted:

http://WDJW.net/WonderfullyHungry

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1467768946

There is pure joy in being used by GOD to convince others:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...4c8a5b7c7518c?

"A 2005 visit to an Atlanta cardiologist by the name of Andrew Chung
put me on some serious reality

I wasnt just chubby or husky, I am what they often call morbidly
obese. He explained that morbid obesity simply means that if something
happened to me that could be attiributed to weight and I were to end
up in the not breathing state

ok some call it DEAD

that a doctor could simply dismiss it as natural causes related to
weight more or less.

Ive been told I was a chunky fella a couple times, maybe even fat...
but not quite that harshly. Definitely made me think about a few
things, as much as I dislike scare tactics when it comes to health.

Well in the midst of the shock treatment, he also had me come to a
heart wellness seminar that he does on some Saturdays in Mableton.

Nice little get together, he has folks from the community come in and
discuss Tai Chi, exercises, testimonials, all kinds of good stuff.

Then he shows the movie SUPERSIZE ME to set up the pitch for his 2PD
Omer approach that he has his patients use to lose weight.

In a nutshell, in his view, HOW MUCH you eat is more of the issue than
WHAT you eat and portion is more important than any fat content or
calories.

I agree with this. This is why I have always been more successful on
more liquid diets (cabbage soup, slimfast, herbalife (tho dangerous))
than anything else. I wasnt eating the portions I was before that..."

Source:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...824a99ba4f187?

Love in the truth,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-certified Cardiologist
Member

I still didn’t afford to face such issues in my life time, but I realize we need to aware about the particular subject. Grate information thought and does make sense as well. Thanks for sharing.