Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default McCARTNEY PRESSES BHARAT ON VEGAN DAY - Urges Prime Minister ToDeclare National Day Of Vegetarianism

On Jan 5, 9:42*am, and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr.
Jai Maharaj) wrote:
> McCartney Presses India On vegan Day
>
> Paul McCartney Urges Indian Prime Minister To Declare National Day Of Vegetarianism
>
> Associated Press
> CBS News
> Tuesday, January 4, 2011
>
> Indraprasth aka New Delhi (AP) - *Outspoken vegetarian Paul McCartney
> is urging India to declare a national Vegetarian Day to celebrate
> meat-free living and compassion toward animals.
>
> People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals says McCartney sent a
> letter to Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh saying such a day
> could save animals while helping to protect both the environment and
> people's health.
>
> McCartney's letter says "it would be a celebration of life."
>
> The U.N. food agency in 2003 estimated 42 percent of India's 1.2
> billion people are vegetarian, due mostly to financial and religious
> concerns. Strict Hindus and Jains do not eat meat.
>
> Singh's office could not immediately confirm receipt of McCartney's
> letter Tuesday.
>
> More at:http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/.../main7211309.s...
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti
>
> * * *o *Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational
> purposes of research and open discussion. The contents of this post may not
> have been authored by, and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the
> poster. The contents are protected by copyright law and the exemption for
> fair use of copyrighted works.
> * * *o *If you send private e-mail to me, it will likely not be read,
> considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name, current
> e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
> * * *o *Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others are
> not necessarily those of the poster who may or may not have read the article.
>
> FAIR USE NOTICE: This article may contain copyrighted material the use of
> which may or may not have been specifically authorized by the copyright
> owner. This material is being made available in efforts to advance the
> understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic,
> democratic, scientific, social, and cultural, etc., issues. It is believed
> that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as
> provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title
> 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without
> profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
> information for research, comment, discussion and educational purposes by
> subscribing to USENET newsgroups or visiting web sites. For more information
> go to: *http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
> If you wish to use copyrighted material from this article for purposes of
> your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the
> copyright owner.

> [...]

I think what is indicated in this kind of request is that Bharat is
the world leader and unless the world sees that Bharat has stopped
killing animals, they will not stop either. The leader has to show the
way to the followers. The real 'aping' is being done by the 'copycats'
outside Bharat (we already know about the few 'educated' who indulge
in 'aping the West' and do not realize that they are not really
'educated' but 'deluded')

The whole world is looking to Bharat for leadership in such matters.
Animals are symbols used to represent different types of people in
different parts of the world. Therefore killing a deer in Panchvati is
symbolically considered the equivalent of killing a man in some
distant land who may be seen as an enemy. The equivalence stems from
the 'copycat' mechanism that drives the world. When some animal(s)
is(are) killed in Bharat, the equivalent place-taker man/woman is also
eliminated in some part of the world ( I believe ). It might well be
some other Bharatiya in some concentration camp or prison in Europe/
Germany somewhere unseen by the rest of the world. I believe this
might even explain what might have happened to Ram in the end. The
program controlling the world is being repeated just like it happened
in the past, I believe. The only way to get out of the inexorable
cycle is to stop the killing of all life, I believe. I do not know
what symbolism plants have in the world of Neanderthals (The Raksha
people or Rakshas or Security People of the World) at the moment.

We need to research this further.

- HSN.