Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science,alt.cooking-chat,rec.food.cooking

Default Will this product be available and affordable anytime soon?

Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >, Gary > wrote:

> > No adult will live very long on 400 calories per day.

> Perhaps I'm being a little silly, but that depends some on what "very
> long" means and other factors. Let's take a hypothetical example.
> Person A consumes 400 calories per day. They are burning 2000 calories
> a day. That's a calorie deficit of 1600 calories per day. A pound of
> fat is 3500 calories. That's 1/2 pound of fat per day. Let's say that
> they are carrying 80 pounds of *extra* fat. That's 160 days, or five
> months, or half a year; until they reach normal weight.

Yes...true. But you can't eat that way for 160 days continously. You need
to take a break from a severe diet about every 2 weeks, for 2 weeks or you
can get ketosis.

From what I remember, ketones are basically the empty fat cells left over
after you burn fat cells to make up for lack of calories.

Bottom line with weight though is your body-fat content. Once you start
getting dangerously low on body fat, it will start burning muscle tissue.
As I said, your heart is a muscle too so beware.