Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default VEGETARIANS HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER BONES THAN MEAT-EATERS

On alt.food.vegan, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) > wrote:

> Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>
> Fact City 12
>
> On August 22, 1984, the Medical Tribune reported a major study
> of bone densities in the United States. The conclusion was
> typical of many such studies: "Vegetarians were found to have
> significantly stronger bones."

[delete]

Vegetarians ARE meateaters. They eat animal products/proteins.
You don't have to eat mammal flesh(muscles) or organs to be a meateater.A fish is an animal. It isn't a plant. Dairy products don't grow
on plants. Molluscs and crustaceans are animals, not plants.

So what you are saying above doesn't make sense unless you mean
vegan/herby instead of 'vegetarian' (which is just a wannabee
vegan/herby who doesn't have the courage/discipline/integrity
to do the job right but wants the credit for it.)

Sid

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On alt.food.vegan, and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) > wrote:
> In article >,
> Sidney Lambe > posted:
>
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:
>>
>> > Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>> >
>> > Fact City 12
>> >
>> > On August 22, 1984, the Medical Tribune reported a major study
>> > of bone densities in the United States. The conclusion was
>> > typical of many such studies: "Vegetarians were found to have
>> > significantly stronger bones."
>> > . . .

>> Vegetarians ARE meateaters. They eat animal products/proteins.
>> You don't have to eat mammal flesh(muscles) or organs to be a meateater.A fish
>> is an animal. It isn't a plant. Dairy products don't grow
>> on plants. Molluscs and crustaceans are animals, not plants.

> Fish is not a vegetable;

Duh. I didn't say it was.

> vegetarians don't eat fish or other meat.

Yes. Millions of people who callthemselves vegetarians eat
all manner of seafood. Just like some eat eggs and some use
dairy products.

They are all meat-eaters. They eat animal proteins.

>> So what you are saying above doesn't make sense unless you mean
>> vegan/herby instead of 'vegetarian' (which is just a wannabee
>> vegan/herby who doesn't have the courage/discipline/integrity
>> to do the job right but wants the credit for it.)
>>
>> Sid

> The difference between a vegetarian and a vegan is that
> a vegetarian is *generally* understood to eat some dairy
> products but not meat.

Wrong. The only thing all so-called "vegetarians" share in
common is that they supposedly don't eat mammalian flesh.
Most of them do, when people aren't looking.

> A vegan eats only fruits, vegetables,
> legumes and grains.

Nonsense. A vegan eats any plant foods.
There are vegan recipes by the tens of thousands on the
web. Check it out for yourself.

> Other terms that are used are vegetarian,
> lacto-vegetarian and lacto-ovo-vegetarian.

And all those people are meat-eaters. They eat
animal proteins.

> Jai Maharaj, Jyotish Om Shant i

You are so far off base you can't even see the
stadium.

I call myself an herby, meaning herbivore. I eat only plants
of any kind.

What a 'vegan' is, exactly, is a much debated subject.

By the way, parroting scientific studies that appeal to you,
while ignoring those that contradict your preferences, does
not make you a Ph.D or Sc.d.

Where did you earn your graduate degrees? I'd like to
see your name on their alumni lists.

Sid

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On alt.food.vegan, and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) > wrote:
> In article >,
> Sidney Lambe > posted:
>
>> Dr. Jai Maharaj posted:

>> > In article >,
>> > Sidney Lambe > posted:

>> fish

>> > Fish is not a vegetable;

>> Duh. I didn't say it was.

> You implied that vegetarians eat fish.

Many do.

>> > vegetarians don't eat fish or other meat.

>> Yes. Millions of people who callthemselves vegetarians eat
>> all manner of seafood. Just like some eat eggs and some use
>> dairy products.

> They may call themselves vegetarian but they really aren't.

They call themselves vegetarians and your opinion on the
subject carries no weight with them or me.

>> They are all meat-eaters. They eat animal proteins.

>> > The difference between a vegetarian and a vegan is that
>> > a vegetarian is *generally* understood to eat some dairy
>> > products but not meat.

>> Wrong. The only thing all so-called "vegetarians" share in
>> common is that they supposedly don't eat mammalian flesh.
>> Most of them do, when people aren't looking.

> But you are?

I can smell if someone eats mammalian flesh or organs.
It is a very distinctive smell. It is the smell of
cannibalism, really.

This is the kind of sensititivy you develop after decades
of eating only plants.

>> > A vegan eats only fruits, vegetables,
>> > legumes and grains.

>> Nonsense. A vegan eats any plant foods.
>> . . .

> Thorns too?

We can do without sophomoric remarks like that.

> If you want to get picky you can include all plant material as
> something that a vegan might eat, but the typical vegan will eat
> fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes and herbs.

How about mushrooms and nuts? How about flowers? How about yeast
used to leaven bread? How about the fungi used to make tempeh?
How about all manner of spices from around the world. Cinnamon
is a tree bark...

You don't know what you are talking about.

> Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
> Om Shanti

Vegetarians are meat-eaters. They eat animal proteins.

They are in a completely different class from herbies. From
pure vegetarians.

Sid

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

(Dr. Jai Maharaj) > wrote:

> [Here, a vegetarian is one who does not eat animal-source
> material. - JM]

> Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>
> Fact City 12
>
> On August 22, 1984, the Medical Tribune reported a major study
> of bone densities in the United States. The conclusion was
> typical of many such studies: "Vegetarians were found to have
> significantly stronger bones."
>
> In March 1983, the Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported the
> results of the largest study of this kind ever undertaken.
> Researchers at Michigan State University and other major
> universities found that, by the age of 65 in the United States:
>
> *** Male vegetarians had an average measurable bone loss of %
> 3 xxx Male meat-eaters had an average measurable bone loss %
> of 7 %
>
> *** Female vegetarians had an average measurable bone loss of
> 18% xxx Female meat-eaters had an average measurable bone loss
> of 35%
>
> By the time she reaches the age of sixty-five the average
> meat-eating woman in the United States has lost over a third
> of her skeletal structure. In contrast, older vegetarian women
> tend to remain active, maintain erect postures, and are less
> likely to fracture or break bones even with increased physical
> activity. If their bones do break or fracture, they heal faster
> and more completely.
>
> - Ellis, F., et al., "Incidence of Osteoporosis in Vegetarians
> and Omnivores" American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 25:555,
> 1972
>
> - American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, March 1983
>
> - Wachman, Amnon, et al., "Diet and Osteoporosis" Lancet, May
> 4, 1968, pg. 958
>
> Cited in Robbins, John, "Diet for A New America", Stillpoint
> Publishing, 1987.
>
> Jai Maharaj, Jyotish Om Shanti

You really are lost in a lala land. It is true that on
average, all other factors being equal, that pure vegetarians
are healthier than animal protein consumers, there are also
PLENTY of very unhealthy pure vegetarians around.

And PLENTY of very healthy people who live on junk food
that includes large quantities of very low quality mammalian
and avian an piscean flesh.

Unless you have written permission from John Robbins, you
are violating his copyright.

[delete]

> Since newsgroup posts are being removed by forgery by one or
> more net terrorists, this post may be reposted several times.

That's impossible. No one can remove posts from the Usenet. It
is a distributed network of servers and there are scores of
Usenet archives and many people keep local newspools (like me)
that go back for years.

Sid

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On 5/12/2010 8:41 PM, Sidney Lambe wrote:

> I can smell if someone eats mammalian flesh or organs.

No, you can't.

> It is a very distinctive smell. It is the smell of
> cannibalism, really.

It's not. By definition, it's not.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.bonehead.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Jay Stevens Maharaj aka the jumpin' jackass jyotishithead wrote:

> [Here, a vegetarian is one who does not eat animal-source material. - JM]

Wrong, jyotishithead! The article does not refer to vegans, but vegetarians.

> Meat Eaters Have Double the Bone Loss
>
> Fact City 12
>
> On August 22, 1984, the Medical Tribune reported a major study of
> bone densities in the United States. The conclusion was typical of
> many such studies: "Vegetarians were found to have significantly
> stronger bones."
>
> In March 1983, the Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported the results
> of the largest study of this kind ever undertaken. Researchers at
> Michigan State University and other major universities found that, by
> the age of 65 in the United States:
>
> *** Male vegetarians had an average measurable bone loss of 3%
> xxx Male meat-eaters had an average measurable bone loss of 7%
>
> *** Female vegetarians had an average measurable bone loss of 18%
> xxx Female meat-eaters had an average measurable bone loss of 35%

The problem with studies like this is that they compare a group of
health-conscious people with a group that is not. It's like comparing a
group of sedentary Catholics with a group of active Presbyterians, and
concluding that the better health of the Presbyterians is the result of
their worship practices.

Vegetarians in western countries tend to be people who make a conscious
decision to change their dietary practices, and usually incorporate
healthy practices such as exercise and avoidance of tobacco, refined
sugars and alcohol in their diets.

And then there are the studies which suggest different results:
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/veget...r-bone-density
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/0...e-density.html
Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On May 12, 10:50*pm, "Fred C. Dobbs" >
wrote:
> On 5/12/2010 8:41 PM, Sidney Lambe wrote:
>

> > I can smell if someone eats mammalian flesh or organs.

> No, you can't.

Yes, he can.

> > It is a very distinctive smell. It is the smell of
> > cannibalism, really.

> It's not. *By definition, it's not.

Possibly not cannibalism but certainly the odor of a carnivore.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On 5/13/2010 7:36 AM, Mr.Cumstain, in full *meltdown*, shrieked:
> On May 12, 10:50 pm, "Fred C. >
> wrote:
>> On 5/12/2010 8:41 PM, Sidney Lambe wrote:
>>

>>> I can smell if someone eats mammalian flesh or organs.

>> No, you can't.

> Yes, he can.

He cannot. You can't, either.

>>> It is a very distinctive smell. It is the smell of
>>> cannibalism, really.

>> It's not. By definition, it's not.

> Possibly not cannibalism but

He lied. So did you. You cannot detect by smell if someone has eaten
meat. Cut the shit, Runny Cumstain.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
> On 5/13/2010 7:36 AM, Mr.Cumstain, in full *meltdown*, shrieked:
>> On May 12, 10:50 pm, "Fred C. >
>> wrote:

>>> No, you can't.

>> Yes, he can.

> He cannot. You can't, either.

I can. It's an established fact that meat eaters smell bad, especially to
vegetarians. Just like smokers smell bad to non-smokers but don't smell bad
to fellow smokers.

>>> It's not. By definition, it's not.

>> Possibly not cannibalism but

> He lied. So did you. You cannot detect by smell if someone has eaten
> meat. Cut the shit, Runny Cumstain.

Abstract
Axillary body odor is individually specific and potentially a rich source of
information about its producer. Odor individuality partly results from
genetic individuality, but the influence of ecological factors such as
eating habits are another main source of odor variability. However, we know
very little about how particular dietary components shape our body odor.
Here we tested the effect of red meat consumption on body odor
attractiveness. We used a balanced within-subject experimental design.
Seventeen male odor donors were on "meat" or "nonmeat" diet for 2 weeks
wearing axillary pads to collect body odor during the final 24 h of the
diet. Fresh odor samples were assessed for their pleasantness,
attractiveness, masculinity, and intensity by 30 women not using hormonal
contraceptives. We repeated the same procedure a month later with the same
odor donors, each on the opposite diet than before. Results of repeated
measures analysis of variance showed that the odor of donors when on the
nonmeat diet was judged as significantly more attractive, more pleasant, and
less intense. This suggests that red meat consumption has a negative impact
on perceived body odor hedonicity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16891352

> --
> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have it...if you
> know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

Something's wrong with that juvenile sig. Can you spot it yet?

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On 5/13/2010 9:45 AM, greengrocer wrote:

> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
>> On 5/13/2010 7:36 AM, Mr.Cumstain, in full *meltdown*, shrieked:

>>> Yes, he can.

>> He cannot. You can't, either.

> I can.

You can't.

> It's an established fact that meat eaters smell bad, especially
> to vegetarians.

No, it's not.

> Just like smokers smell bad to non-smokers but don't
> smell bad to fellow smokers.

Tobacco smoke is an external environmental pollutant that attaches
directly to the clothes and persons of smokers. It is orders of
magnitude stronger smelling than any conceivable odor coming through the
bodies of omnivores. The smell of tobacco smoke on smokers doesn't
necessarily smell bad to non-smokers, and doesn't necessarily smell good
to smokers.

It's an entirely flawed comparison.

>>> Possibly not cannibalism but

>> He lied. So did you. You cannot detect by smell if someone has eaten
>> meat. Cut the shit, Runny Cumstain.

> Abstract
> Axillary body odor is individually specific and potentially a rich
> source of information about its producer. [...]

Unless you're sticking your nose into the armpits of meat eaters, you
can't smell any aspect of their meat consumption.

>> --
>> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have it...if you
>> know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

> Something's wrong with that juvenile sig. Can you spot it yet?

There's nothing at all wrong with it, and there's nothing juvenile about it.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
> On 5/13/2010 9:45 AM, greengrocer wrote:
>>

>> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
>>> On 5/13/2010 7:36 AM, Mr.Cumstain, in full *meltdown*, shrieked:

>>> He cannot. You can't, either.

>> I can.

> You can't.

Yeah I can.

>> It's an established fact that meat eaters smell bad, especially
>> to vegetarians.

> No, it's not.

It is.

>> Just like smokers smell bad to non-smokers but don't
>> smell bad to fellow smokers.

> Tobacco smoke is an external environmental pollutant that attaches
> directly to the clothes and persons of smokers. It is orders of magnitude
> stronger smelling than any conceivable odor coming through the bodies of
> omnivores.

Thanks for admitting there is a conceivable odour coming through the bodies
of meat eaters. So why did you lie when saying people can't detect that
conceivable odour, hmm?

The smell of tobacco smoke on smokers doesn't
> necessarily smell bad to non-smokers, and doesn't necessarily smell good
> to smokers.
>
> It's an entirely flawed comparison.

Ahh, but it got you to admit you lied. The comparison worked like a charm.

>>> He lied. So did you. You cannot detect by smell if someone has eaten
>>> meat. Cut the shit, Runny Cumstain.

>> Abstract
>> Axillary body odor is individually specific and potentially a rich
>> source of information about its producer. [...]

> Unless

Here comes the screeching of tyres and furious backpedaling.

>you're sticking your nose into the armpits of meat eaters, you can't smell
>any aspect of their meat consumption.

I can smell them when they draw close. I would never get involved in a close
relationship with a meat eater - they stink.

>>> --
>>> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have it...if you
>>> know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

>> Something's wrong with that juvenile sig. Can you spot it yet?

> There's nothing at all wrong with it, and there's nothing juvenile about
> it.

You've missed out the word 'you' between 'haul' and 'off'. Oh, and yes, it's
juvenile alright.

> --
> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have it...if you
> know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On 5/13/2010 10:08 AM, greengrocer wrote:

> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message

>>> I can.

>> You can't.

> Yeah I can.

You cannot.

>>> It's an established fact that meat eaters smell bad, especially
>>> to vegetarians.

>> No, it's not.

> It is.

No, it's not. It's merely an article of irrational vegetarian faith.

>>> Just like smokers smell bad to non-smokers but don't
>>> smell bad to fellow smokers.

>> Tobacco smoke is an external environmental pollutant that attaches
>> directly to the clothes and persons of smokers. It is orders of
>> magnitude stronger smelling than any conceivable odor coming through
>> the bodies of omnivores.

> Thanks for admitting there is a conceivable odour coming through the
> bodies of meat eaters.

I never made such an admission. Look again.

> The smell of tobacco smoke on smokers doesn't
>> necessarily smell bad to non-smokers, and doesn't necessarily smell
>> good to smokers.
>>
>> It's an entirely flawed comparison.

> Ahh, but it got you to admit you lied.

Nope - no lie, no admission of lying. You lose, *again*.

>>> Abstract
>>> Axillary body odor is individually specific and potentially a rich
>>> source of information about its producer. [...]

>> Unless

> Here comes the screeching of tyres and furious backpedaling.

None.

>> you're sticking your nose into the armpits of meat eaters, you can't
>> smell any aspect of their meat consumption.

> I can smell them when they draw close.

You cannot. You're lying - it's laughably obvious you're lying. You
have an ideological need to tell this particular lie.

>>> Something's wrong with that juvenile sig. Can you spot it yet?

>> There's nothing at all wrong with it, and there's nothing juvenile
>> about it.
>>

> You've missed out the word 'you' between 'haul' and 'off'.

Nope. It's not there. You're an idiot Brit who is unfamiliar with
American colloquialisms. It's just another in a long list of things
with which you're unfamiliar. The line is a bit of dialog from a movie,
and it's transcribed verbatim.

> Oh, and yes, it's juvenile alright.

It's not, of course.

>> --
>> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have it...if you
>> know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
m...
> On 5/13/2010 10:08 AM, greengrocer wrote:

>>> You can't.

>> Yeah I can.

> You cannot.

You might not be able to smell it because you stink of it already, but I can
because I don't stink of it, and so can those 30 women not using hormonal
contraceptives who made up part of the study.

>>> No, it's not.

>> It is.

> No, it's not. It's merely an article of irrational vegetarian faith.

The article from the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes
of Health says I'm right. You do stink.

Results of repeated measures analysis of variance showed that the odor of
donors when on the nonmeat diet was judged as significantly more attractive,
more pleasant, and less intense. This suggests that red meat consumption has
a negative impact on perceived body odor hedonicity.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16891352

Your diet on animals makes you stink, and people can smell it. Established
as fact.

> --
> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul you off and let you have it...if you
> know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

That's better. I've fixed it for you.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On May 13, 11:42*am, "Fred C. Dobbs" >
wrote:
> On 5/13/2010 10:08 AM, greengrocer wrote:

> >> You can't.

> > Yeah I can.

> You cannot.

> >> No, it's not.

> > It is.

> No, it's not. *It's merely an article of irrational vegetarian faith.

> >> Tobacco smoke is an external environmental pollutant that attaches
> >> directly to the clothes and persons of smokers. It is orders of
> >> magnitude stronger smelling than any conceivable odor coming through
> >> the bodies of omnivores.

> > Thanks for admitting there is a conceivable odour coming through the
> > bodies of meat eaters.

> I never made such an admission. *Look again.
>

> > The smell of tobacco smoke on smokers doesn't
> >> necessarily smell bad to non-smokers, and doesn't necessarily smell
> >> good to smokers.

> >> It's an entirely flawed comparison.

> > Ahh, but it got you to admit you lied.

> Nope - no lie, no admission of lying. *You lose, *again*.

> >> Unless

> > Here comes the screeching of tyres and furious backpedaling.

> None.
>
> >> you're sticking your nose into the armpits of meat eaters, you can't
> >> smell any aspect of their meat consumption.

> > I can smell them when they draw close.

> You cannot. *You're lying - it's laughably obvious you're lying. *You
> have an ideological need to tell this particular lie.

> >> There's nothing at all wrong with it, and there's nothing juvenile
> >> about it.

> > You've missed out the word 'you' between 'haul' and 'off'.

> Nope. *It's not there. *You're an idiot Brit who is unfamiliar with
> American colloquialisms. *It's just another in a long list of things
> with which you're unfamiliar. *The line is a bit of dialog from a movie,
> and it's transcribed verbatim.
>
> > Oh, and yes, *it's juvenile alright.

> It's not, of course.

Goobs, the Viet Cong maintained they could smell Americans in the
jungle.

Maybe they could and maybe they couldn't but they sure whipped
America's ass.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On 5/13/2010 12:44 PM, greengrocer wrote:

> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
> m...

>>> Yeah I can.

>> You cannot.

> You might not be able to smell it because you stink of it already, but I
> can

No, you cannot. You're lying.

>>> It is.

>> No, it's not. It's merely an article of irrational vegetarian faith.

> The article from the U.S. National Library of Medicine National
> Institutes of Health says I'm right.

It doesn't. You'd have to stick your nose into a meat eater's armpits
to smell anything, and if you tried it, you'd end up in hospital - a
meat eater can always demolish a poofter veggie.

>> --
>> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul off and let you have it...if
>> you know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

> That's better. I've fixed it for you.

I put it back the way it's supposed to be.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/haul+off Scroll down specifically
until you find "haul off", you limp-wristed ****wit.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On 5/13/2010 1:00 PM, Mr.Cumstain, in *full meltdown*, wailed:
> On May 13, 11:42 am, "Fred C. >
> wrote:

>>> Yeah I can.

>> You cannot.

>>> It is.

>> No, it's not. It's merely an article of irrational vegetarian faith.

>>> Thanks for admitting there is a conceivable odour coming through the
>>> bodies of meat eaters.

>> I never made such an admission. Look again.
>>

>>> The smell of tobacco smoke on smokers doesn't

>>> Ahh, but it got you to admit you lied.

>> Nope - no lie, no admission of lying. You lose, *again*.

>>> Here comes the screeching of tyres and furious backpedaling.

>> None.

>>> I can smell them when they draw close.

>> You cannot. You're lying - it's laughably obvious you're lying. You
>> have an ideological need to tell this particular lie.

>>> You've missed out the word 'you' between 'haul' and 'off'.

>> Nope. It's not there. You're an idiot Brit who is unfamiliar with
>> American colloquialisms. It's just another in a long list of things
>> with which you're unfamiliar. The line is a bit of dialog from a movie,
>> and it's transcribed verbatim.
>>
>>> Oh, and yes, it's juvenile alright.

>> It's not, of course.
>>

> Viet Cong maintained they could smell Americans in the
> jungle.

Not due to anything to do with meat, if it's true at all.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
> On 5/13/2010 12:44 PM, greengrocer wrote:
>>

>> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
>> m...

>>> You cannot.

>> You might not be able to smell it because you stink of it already, but I
>> can

> No, you cannot.

Yeah I can, stinky. Stop eating meat. I find your stink is offensive.

>>> No, it's not. It's merely an article of irrational vegetarian faith.

>> The article from the U.S. National Library of Medicine National
>> Institutes of Health says I'm right.

> It doesn't.

Yeah it does. You keep removing it but it's still there in the U.S. National
Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, stinky.

http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?t=723

>>> --
>>> Any more lip out of you and I'll haul you off and let you have it...if
>>> you know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs

>> That's better. I've fixed it for you.

> Thanks greengrocer. I feel such a fool.

Any time, stinky.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On 5/13/2010 2:26 PM, greengrocer wrote:

> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
>> On 5/13/2010 12:44 PM, greengrocer wrote:
>>>

>>> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
>>> m...

>>> You might not be able to smell it because you stink of it already, but I
>>> can

>> No, you cannot.

> Yeah I can,

No, you cannot. You're lying.

>>> The article from the U.S. National Library of Medicine National
>>> Institutes of Health says I'm right.

>> It doesn't.

> Yeah it does.

It doesn't.

>> You'd have to stick your nose into a meat eater's armpits
>> to smell anything, and if you tried it, you'd end up in hospital - a
>> meat eater can always demolish a poofter veggie.

> http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?t=723

Forget it. That's bullshit, too. An omnivore can /always/ flatten a
goddamned poofter veggie.

>>> That's better. I've fixed it for you.

>> You didn't.

> Any time,

You didn't fix it. You didn't get it.

Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.bonehead.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

greengrocer wrote:

> "Fred C. Dobbs" > wrote in message
>> On 5/13/2010 7:36 AM, Mr.Cumstain, in full *meltdown*, shrieked:

>>> Yes, he can.

>> He cannot. You can't, either.

> I can. It's an established fact that meat eaters smell bad, especially
> to vegetarians. Just like smokers smell bad to non-smokers but don't
> smell bad to fellow smokers.

>>> Possibly not cannibalism but

>> He lied. So did you. You cannot detect by smell if someone has eaten
>> meat. Cut the shit, Runny Cumstain.

> Abstract
> Axillary body odor is individually specific and potentially a rich
> source of information about its producer. Odor individuality partly
> results from genetic individuality, but the influence of ecological
> factors such as eating habits are another main source of odor
> variability. However, we know very little about how particular dietary
> components shape our body odor. Here we tested the effect of red meat
> consumption on body odor attractiveness. We used a balanced
> within-subject experimental design. Seventeen male odor donors were on
> "meat" or "nonmeat" diet for 2 weeks wearing axillary pads to collect
> body odor during the final 24 h of the diet. Fresh odor samples were
> assessed for their pleasantness, attractiveness, masculinity, and
> intensity by 30 women not using hormonal contraceptives. We repeated the
> same procedure a month later with the same odor donors, each on the
> opposite diet than before. Results of repeated measures analysis of
> variance showed that the odor of donors when on the nonmeat diet was
> judged as significantly more attractive, more pleasant, and less
> intense. This suggests that red meat consumption has a negative impact
> on perceived body odor hedonicity.
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16891352

Onions, garlic, strong spices such as cumin and curry powder, coffee,
alcohol and fried foods also create an offensive body odor. The problem
may not be in whether meat is consumed or not, but how food is prepared
and metabolized by the individual. I have met both vegetarians as well
as omnivores with offensive b.o., and those who smell pleasant.

Two individuals whose offensive b.o. reaches well beyond their personal
spaces and into the nooks and crannies of USENET are self-declared
"vegans", Jay Stevens Maharaj and pradip parekh(who posts in all
lower-case as "harmony"), who apparently think that killing humans of a
different religion(non-Hindus) is justifiable but eating an egg for food
is not. And while Jay usually rails against "animal-source material", he
thinks nothing of consuming clarified butter(called "ghee" in India)
which is obviously animal-based. He is, however, careful not to admit to
that in English, making his remarks in poor(as in street-talk)
Roman-scripted Hindi.